View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Melody Dowd - Small Medium 

Post Melody Dowd - Small Medium
Yes, its another student character that I don't need. Another idea that bit and won't let go. *shrug*

Name: Melody Anne Dowd.

Nationality: American.

Hair Color: Light Brown (shoulder length, slightly wavy).

Eye Color: Green.

Skin Tone: Fair.

Pubic Hair: Unusually thin and soft, but neatly trimmed.

Distinguishing features: Star-shaped scar on her forehead where she hit it before she drowned.

Height: 5ft.

Weight: 100lbs.

Bust: 32in.

Waist: 26in.

Hips: 34in.

Background:
Melody, (Mel to her friends) had a lovely childhood. The only child in a moderately affluential household, she wanted for nothing, though was not overly spoiled. She was happy and carefree. That all changed on her 13th birthday.

At a pool party in her honor, Melody died. Having hit her head and drowned in the pool, she was clinically dead for 13 minutes. Yet, miraculously, she revived, gasping back to life after the paramedics had ceased CPR. What followed were 13 months of coma and uncertainty. Would she ever awake? Would she ever be able to function normally? The answers were yes, and . . . sort of.

Melody did indeed awake, her brain having sustained no discernable damage. Yet, she soon discovered she saw and heard things others didn't. Diagnosed with an unclassified psychotic disorder, she was treated with drugs and intensive therapy, but the 'hallucinations' only increased. Eventually, she learned to hide them rather than face an escalating cycle of treatment and relapse. Though she makes no secret of the deep and abiding hydrophobia she's developed.

Melody's 'friends' drifted away during this time. Not only had the accident left her in a coma for a year, it interferred with her development, stalling her overall growth. As a child she was a bit ahead of her peers, physically, but her body has developed little since she revived. She is sexually mature, but her body is considerably less 'womanly' than others her age. In addition she had lost a year and more to coma and therapy, putting her a couple years behind her peers in school. Then, of course, there were all the strange things and coincidences that happened around her.

Premontions, unusual insights and weird accidents plagued Melody during high school. Though she was seldom the victim of such occurences, they did give her a reputation as a 'jinx' and she was generally shunned by those who had been fast friends years before. Even those few who still associated with her finished school and moved on with their lives while Melody had two years yet to go. Being older, she was no less an outsider to her new class; though at least she fit better physically, for a while.

Melody spent much of her subsequent free time trying to learn more about these strange phenomena, attempting research into spiritualism and the occult. So far she has failed to uncover anything beyond basic paranormal research and pop-culture level information, both of which obscure the situation rather than clarifying it.

Looking for a place she could reinvent herself, Melody discovered Shokushu. Though it took all the will she could muster (and a serious dose of tranquilizers), she finally boarded that sea-plane bound for the mysterious island campus.

Psychological Profile:
Melody is a bright and sensitive young woman with excelent intuitive ability. She has a moderate tendency toward depression due to isolation, but is currently coping. Her hydrophobia is extreme, with anything much larger than a bath tub provoking panic attacks. (Yet now she lives on an island . . .) Though she does not advertise the fact, Melody continues to hear and see unusual things that others can't. She has come to believe they are the due to ghosts or other spirits reaching out to her. Sometimes they seem to offer help or insight, other times they just seem to be playing tricks.

Personality:
Once rather precocious and outgoing, Melody has become somewhat withdrawn in rectent years. She's not really shy, but is usually quiet and reserved, trying to avoid attracting negative attention.

Virgin: Yes.

Language: English, Bad English.

Activities: Paranormal research, Seances.

Paranormal Abilities:
Spiritual Medium: After her accidental drowning, Melody became a powerful medium - A conduit for the spirt world to reach the realm of the living. She does see and hear (and occasionally feel,smell,etc.) lost souls and spiritual beings. Not only is she able to sense and interact with these spirits, she is a beacon for them, her soul like a lighthouse in the mist shrouded world of the ethereal plane. So far, she has had no experience with truly dark spirits due to the efforts of a guardian spirit of which she is unaware. Once on the island, the guardian's power is suppressed and Melody is now completely open to spiritual chicanery. Anyone with the proper spiritual or occult knowledge can sense and take advantage of Melody's open spirit.

Guardian Spirit Abilities: Precognition (glimpses of the future) and Clairsentience (bits of unexplainable knowledge). Both of these are suppressed to minimal effectiveness by the school's inhibitors.

Jinx: More a defect than an ability, Melody is a like a nexus of bad luck for other people (primarily students on the island) due to the influence of mischevious spirits generally stymied by her guardian. General low-level poltergeist phenomena and strange accidents often follow in her wake, affecting those around her. With her guardian's power subdued, this may be less of a problem for others, though she'll likely have to deal with those spirits herself, now.

Magic: None in the classical sense of the word, though in earlier times, she would likey have been branded a witch.

Full Character Listing

Last edited by Cynthia on Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Post Re: Melody Dowd - Small Medium
Quite a scary moment to have but she looks great.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:14 pm

Thanks! I just had to get her out of my head, but I'm glad someone approves.

Full Character Listing

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Well if you want some fun I'll gladly set a few of my ones at you ;)

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:25 pm

You know what I think?

She would make for an excellent bridge bunny. ESP is an extremely desirable trait in such a profession.

PM me anytime if you want to arrange a session.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:15 am

Sure. At least until one of her coworkers gets a sneezing fit during a modular transformation procedure . . . #-o

Full Character Listing

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 pm

Cynthia wrote:
Sure. At least until one of her coworkers gets a sneezing fit during a modular transformation procedure . . . #-o

I wonder if said bad luck would work against students/monsters in close proximity. A misstep in an ambush, pratfalls, etc.

Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Well, on the island, with her guardian suppressed, it'll probably mostly start happening to her directly. Still, such mischievous spirits aren't known for being picky . . . Given the basic rule for inhibitor function, I'd say there's probably going to be about 10% more bad luck in Mel's general vicinity; mostly affecting other students and herself.

Full Character Listing

Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:45 am

Cynthia wrote:
Well, on the island, with her guardian suppressed, it'll probably mostly start happening to her directly. Still, such mischievous spirits aren't known for being picky . . . Given the basic rule for inhibitor function, I'd say there's probably going to be about 10% more bad luck in Mel's general vicinity; mostly affecting other students and herself.

Sounds like more comedy potential to me.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:49 am

She’s so C U T E

I share one acc, this acc, for each of my girls!

Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:14 am

Please do not necro threads. Locking

Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:09 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 11 posts ]