View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Elise Renfroe - Pirate Queen of Shokushu 

Post Elise Renfroe - Pirate Queen of Shokushu
Name: Elise Renfroe
Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia
Nationality: American
Hair Color: Black (current)
Ethnicity: Half Irish American/Germanic American, Half Vietnamese
Skin tone: Fair Skinned
Pubic hair: Untrimmed

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 105 pounds
Measurements:30B-26-34
Distinguishing Features: Tongue, Belly Button, Eyebrow, and Labret Piercings. Calligraphic tattoo of a seven-tailed fox (kitsune) on her left shoulder.

Background: Elise's family was not one born out of love. Her father - an American GI serving as a chaplain towards the end of the Vietnam War - and his mother - a then-underaged North Vietnamese civilian, married in the wake of an unwanted pregnancy. Elise has little memory of the older sister,
Rebecca, who was already fourteen by the time Elise was born, and was shipped off to Shokushu Academy when Elise was just a baby. She hasn't been seen since. It's not a situation the family talks about.

Her father was a domineering preacher, working his way up the local political ladder, and her mother was a submissive house wife. Elise's formative years were promising. She was a good student, popular, and highly respected on both track and soccer teams. But as she hit her teenage years, the controlling nature of her father started to change her. She rebelled in search of attention, dabbling her fingers into occultism and witchcraft; kiddie-stuff, really, just an excuse to buck the Puritan system her dad raised her in. She gravitated into the fringe cliques: the artists, the musicians, the bohemians. She changed her style, changed her friends. Her grades suffered, but even that was a conscious act of rebellion. She could have aced her classes even with the distractions, but instead she failed out of one private school. Then another. Then public school. Eventually, it became too much of an embarassment to her father, who was campaigning for a second term as Georgia senator. When commercials about her started airing as part of the opponent's smear campaign, it was time to send her away. Reginald Renfroe, who had years prior sent her sister off to the school, and who also served as the Board of Trustees for Shokushu, and donated substantial sums to their programs, packed up his youngest daughter's bags, and sent her on a plane for the school.

Since coming to Shokushu, El's only grown more aggressive and cynical. But along with that, the forced survival has brought out in her a shrewdness and clever business sense she didn't otherwise have. While initially outright rebellious, she has taken to a more nuanced and guerilla stance in her fight against the monsters and the administration. She attends classes, enrolling in the easiest ones she can imagine, insuring she can coast by. As a result, her grades have been adequate but not stellar, insuring she doesn't stick out paticularly one way or another. The thrust of her time here has been spent cornering the market on contraband. Up until her arrival, trade amongst girls was common, but she turned it into a business, using a small network of girls to steal and scavenge goods from the girls who conveniently seem to disappear thoughout the months and when possible, from faculty. A larger network of girls, usually unaware of who operates things from the center, serve as runners and dealers for the black market facade. The majority of these goods doesn't actually qualify as contraband: sex toys, small electronics, clothing and the like, but there's also a booming business for cigarettes and home made alcohol, and the rare but coveted drugs that occassionally find their way into rotation. Since currency is useless on the island, goods are largely traded for other goods, information, or promises of favors.

In reality, this operation is cover for a more insidious plan. Elise sits at the center of a small group of no more than a half dozen girls, all victimized by the monsters of the school and sick of it. The black market largely serves as a means to get the goods and information and curry the favors they need to try and mount a resistance, a group she refers to as The Red Right Hand. They trade information on monsters that have been encountered, as well as what's known about the Head Girls, stockpile the meager and makeshift weapons they can, and try their best to map the school and potential security features in the hopes that, some day, they might find a way off of the rock, or at least a way to take some monsters down with them.

Personality: Elise is in a bit of an identity crisis. While she was hard-set to snub her nose at her father's ideology, she never really settled on an identity to go with, and consequently, her image reflects that. While she's naturally bright, she tends to put on a rough exterior and downplay her intelligence when first meeting a group of girls to better fit in, then tailor herself to best jive with them. However, she leans heavily towards bohemian and counter-culture groups. Once she settles in with a set of friends, she proves herself to be astute and insightful, and the tough, partying facade crumbles some to reveal a girl who's far more bookish. Behind it all, she's somewhat socially immature and vastly sexually inexperienced, still carrying with her some of the Puritan baggage her parents instilled.

Likes: Chaos Magic/The Occult (William S. Burroughs, Aleister Crowley, Grant Morrison), Fall, fresh air, running, psychedelic and post-modernist literature, rock and post-rock music, psychedelic drugs

Dislikes: She's deathly claustrophobic. Also... Organized religion, curry, the bourgeois ("Down with the fascist bourgeois pigs!" she says), the Big Bad Wolf

Hobbies: Reading, running, soccer, writing

Description: Elise bears more of her European heritage than her asian. Her eyes are bright blue, her skin fair and easy to burn. She's short, with a runner's build - a round, ripe bottom and toned legs in contrast to her tiny breasts. Hair reaches about halfway to her back, and is dyed with streaks of blue, as vivid as her eyes. Her face is heart-shaped, with big eyes and arched brows.

When she's on her free time, she wears an eclectic mix of clothes: band shirts and blacks, cryptic artsy tank tops, intentionally offensive about half of the time - along with Doc Martens or Converses and tight jeans or itty skirts.

Years in private schools have allowed her to perfect the personalization of school uniforms. She wears it, when she's forced to, typically putting her hair into short pigtails to match. The skirt is hemmed up just enough that the teacher's won't go out of the way to discipline her, and littered with all variety of avant-garde and musical pins. She has a wide variety of every flavor of boxer shorts to go underneath. At some schools, that was the only option for customization you had, and when that's the case, you come to treasure boxers.

Possessions: Elise came to Shokushu with the basics of a rich southern girl: her wardrobe, her TV, her laptop her stereo, her DVD player, her four post bed. Her most treasured possessions aren't the expensive equipment, but rather her collections. Her CD's run the gamut from the rarest Doors and Floyd tracks to Howlin' Wolf, from Dead Kennedys and the Clash to Mogwai. Her book shelf is lined with all variety of New Age and Occult texts, as well as literature spanning Kundra, Rushdie, and Lewis Carroll. The collections are massive, spread throughout her room haphazard, engulfing everything.

Last edited by Elise Renfroe on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:15 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:38 am

Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:52 am
Profile YIM

It's nice to meet you I hope you enjoy your return as I'm sure all your old friends shall, and all us new creatures and students shall as well... oh and truely wonderful character

IC Status:

Darwin is: Depressed

Raven is: Cautious

Quaetea is: snickering

Arith is: thinking about his superiority

Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:15 am

Simply lovely, well detailed and thought out. I can't wait to meet you on the campus. Just PM me when your ready to play with the Big Bad wolf of the campus. :twisted:

Master Druid of the Berry Lin

My Bio- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=144

If you fancy an RP with my character do not hestitate ask. I'm always free.

Alliance Info- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155

Alliance Membership List- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=576

Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:20 pm

Hope you'd consider a dip in the water. :wink:

You're dedicated to how I'm killing you.

A member of the Archanius Alliance, Lieutenant.
The Archanius Alliance
Terror of the Deep

Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:26 am
Profile YIM

Thanks, everybody. ;) just posted some pics for her.

Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:43 am

Hmmm... this is a coincidence. Was watching bleach and you posted pics of kuchiki rukia for the signature.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:24 am
Profile YIM

Yeah. I don't really watch anime, but Rukia's my girl. ;) The black girl on that show's even sexier.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:25 am

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:56 am
Profile YIM

Ahhhh... Shihouin Yoruichi

yeah. She's dreamy.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:11 am

Welcome back hope to see you on the boards! :D
If you want to RP with me or would you perfer my other charater The student Hanaji? 8)

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:57 am
Profile YIM

Welcome back hope to see you on the boards! :D
If you want to RP with me or would you perfer my other charater The student Hanaji? 8)

I'm happy with either

;) or both

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:11 am

Heinel2183 wrote:
Ahhhh... Shihouin Yoruichi

yeah. She's dreamy.

You mean hot ! And she turns into a black cat hehe. ANd well, SOi fon is also sexy. 2nd Team Captain.

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:13 am
Profile YIM

You are claustrophobic? Hmmm... it seems like I can help relish in that fear for something rather fun. After all... all kinds of fears tend to just excite Terasmus even more to assault.

Anyway... a belated welcome. And if you ever want to get into a fun scenario, then don't hesitate to seek me out via a PM. I'm usually open and available.

Ta-ta!

---

IC:

*sniffs the air then trudges it's way closer to the girl, sniffing over her*

Oh... you smell tasty. Maybe soon me can try your tastiness, okay? Terasmus loves to play, too. So we play soon, yes! Bye bye.

*saunters his way into the darkness, emitting a happy rumble*

Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:23 am
Profile YIM

Elise! My roomate! It's been a long time girl. Welcome back love.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next