View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Advice for new students concerning Magic [Must Read] 

Post Advice for new students concerning Magic [Must Read]
Advice for New Students:

Hello Lovelies. My name is Shai. Before you begin your application process I would like you to take a look at the Campus Rules. It is quite an extensive read but it is absolutely necessary to play here.

[ Magic ]

I would like to thank Kanoe for assisting me with this section.

I have recently seen a number of students enrolling that have some quite impressive powers. I would like to begin by saying that powers are by no means required to be a part of your character, this isn’t a school for the gifted and we DO accept normal students around these parts. However, if you do wish to give your character a power there’s good reason to do so.

Magic carries the potential to create various and unique paths for monsters and students to take during their stay on Shokushu. It can provide a brief form of resistance from monsters before the student is inevitably raped as well as give the more mystical based monsters a reason and way to interact and stalk the gifted student.

At the same time though, magic can cause problems. Flying around, throwing raining fire down upon the school and claiming you can slay every monster on the island is not a responsible way to use magic for a story.

Yes, I’m going to bring up responsibility. Giving your student a power is a huge responsibility on the part of the player. You have to know when enough is enough, and what is too powerful. As a player you must be able to recognize that a monster can, and probably will be able to foil your magical attempts should he or she choose to do so.

Just in case you missed it in the rules, I am going to reiterate it here.

Quote:
It is NOT: A superpowered fight board - Conflict is a good thing. A terrified girl struggling against a monster’s advances adds spice to a scene and is highly encouraged. All out fights where the student is suddenly as powerful as the monster are frowned upon. The purpose of the channel is the rape of students by monsters…not a student beating a monster senseless. We do acknowledge that this is a hentai themed website and channel and in hentai there are numerous examples of highly skill or even powered young girls battling against monstrous hordes. Just remember one thing…They Lose.

A word on magic on the part of students: It is allowed but on minor parlor tricks. No flying, no shapechange or eldritch blasts. Nothing that would give a student an even fight against a monster. In rp terms, to keep the level of power down to manageable levels, hidden all over the island, unbeknownst to the student body are N.I.C.E. lab inhibitors. They suppress extraordinary abilities. This includes: Magic, Psionics, physical skills (martial arts), or even characteristics above human norm are suppressed. A student may retain some of the abilities but they are reduced to about 10% above normal for the girl. Any magic becomes simple parlor tricks, psionics are flashes of intuition. Mater arts become slower, not as accurate. If a long drawn out power-fight is what you’re looking for, make an ADD or SFA.

Now, when we say parlor tricks, it does not mean that your powers are reduced to uselessness- or else why have them right? What it means is that your abilities will not give you standing chance against a monster. Once a monster comes to the island, after they register they are given an anti-inhibitor, placed under the skin. This makes them immune to the inhibitors on the island. So while a creature on the island is functioning at a whopping 100%, your poor student is operating at, give or take 8-10% of her regular capabilities back on Earth.

This does not inhibit your student from experiencing character advancement. We understand that the run of the mill- monster sees student, monster rapes student, monster discards student can get a bit old. We encourage those who decide to give their students abilities to begin with very minimal abilities. That way through planning and role play your character can progress into becoming a bit more powerful with each thread they do. Then when you are ready to retire your student, regardless of whatever retirement path you choose to take, your student will have learned from their experience here at Shokushu. Just remember to keep in mind the following before you give your character a power.

Is there a reason to have it?
This can mean several things. History’s are generally optional but if your student is going to have a power Then you must write a history to accompany it. No exceptions. We want to know when the powers first became prevalent or when your character started studying them. Don't expect us to believe your student woke up one day and suddenly could control the trees. Just saying a student has super powers just because can lead to losing credibility and be a turn off for other players to rp with you. Also when deciding on having powers, how exactly do you intend to use it? Granted you do not have to use powers all the time but if you never use them then it is probably safe to go without that detail on that character (unless of course it's a hidden potential you wish to reveal through particular events while in Shokushu).

What type of powers are they?
It's important to include at least some description of the power. You can say you can create fire but people are going to ask why or how? Is it a sort of magic, how is this magic channeled or performed? How did this character get this power (see the point above)? Also, you’re going to have to learn to limit the amount of powers your character has. We cannot have students running around that are proficient in controlling wind, fire, water, ice, and shadows. Pick one, stick with it and explain it. Understand that the sub-powers underneath the ability you choose can be numerous, it requires imagination.

If you have powers, have limits...
Power comes from somewhere. What are the weaknesses of this power? What happens if it is used too much? How often can it be used? How long does it take to use or charge up these powers(a casting time)?

Got to start somewhere.
It is best that if there is some sort of magic in your character, leave them at a relatively novice level. No body is perfect and even if your character is some great young prodigy of magic, the island dampeners will weaken and distort that power and potential. This also gives characters something to grow in and also gives evil demons and monsters ways to bargain or tempt mortals in giving their bodies in exchange for more power.

Finally, a good habit to get into is describing the spell as you prepare it and send it flying towards the monster. Then, let the monster create the description of the outcome. It may or may not work; they can describe the damage it caused to itself or the surroundings. Remember in combat, this is just a form of futile resistance for the poor mystic before being ravaged in body and mind by tentacles and monster cocks.

For more information on the Site and it's theme as well as helpful hints and tips, please refer to the How it Works! forum.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:17 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Advice for new students concerning Magic [Must Read]
What about ritual magic and faustian infernalism, shamanism and chaos magic and all the other various paths where the magic isn't internal, but is instead derived from things outside of the girl?

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:36 am

Location: Just behind that tree... or that wall... or maybe that door...
Anna Lenox wrote:
What about ritual magic and faustian infernalism, shamanism and chaos magic and all the other various paths where the magic isn't internal, but is instead derived from things outside of the girl?

The inhibitors are still going to interfere with the energy flows and weaken the magic, I'd assume. They are there to make things easier for us monsters, after all :) .

PM me to set up a roleplay.

Character listing

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Anna Lenox wrote:

When it comes to magic in the vast universe, whether it is derived from a diety, voodoo, elemental, etc. The execution of magic is all based around the same principal- The caster focuses their intentions and energy to achieve a goal. The inhibitors are designed to halt and limit that transfer of energy. Some monsters like it when their food bite back ;]

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:35 pm
Profile YIM

Well, Clarice couldn't kick a monster's butt at full power any ways. xD But this brings up a few thoughts to mind to remember and keep a mental note after all. *Nods* Great reminder.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:08 am

I am glad Shai did this as I was clearly thinking about doing this after reading some new students. However Shai did miss some parts I would like to point out.

I been on this campus for at least 6 years from what I can remember and NO students at the get go should have something overwhelming. Since I am one of the few senior left on campus that has special abilities. I known since I included it into myself when I returned, Mr. Stormbringer told me something important I would like to say now.

Powers in general doesn't really belong ON Shokushu High. If you understand the campus, then you should understand why powers are generally bad here. The problem isn't in the powers themselves, it is the fact that Shokushu High is about submission and rape. Powers interferes with this type of RP. I been on action type RPs before, and it is completely different, but they are a lot of similarities.

1st: It is most important for the RP going to allow both people some space to do what they feel better by NOT forcing there hand.
2nd: Forcing your partner to do something YOU want is ALWAYS a bad way to role play. Example: "Because of the drugs I gave her before, she fell unconscious before my feet."
3rd: And most important, having an overwhelming power that completely decimates your RPing partner isn't bad. However, keep in mind that doing OTK (One Hit Kill) or incapacitate in Shokushu High's case isn't good. If you are just simply overwhelming, play along until it's done. This is SHS, the student WILL submit, most students on campus has no way to defend themselves. Having an overwhelming monster isn't necessary. (Unless you both agree to something before hand)

That being said, i would like to go into detail on powers IF you want to include them. Shai above said what I wanted to say. There are a lot of run of the mill Students on Campus, same goes with Monsters. Powers allow you to, stand out from the crowd sort of speaking. However again, this IS Shokushu, powers in general isn't necessary, and IF you do want to include it, there are a lot of things you have to do in order for me NOT to say you HAVE to change it.

(1) Powers changing Time and Space are NOT allowed, especially ON students. This board is for RPing, submission, rape and sex. This isn't a superhero thing.
(2) When you are thinking of having a power, go into GREAT detail on what exactly YOU have in mind. Other wise some people might/will mistaken on what you want them to think you can do.
(3) It is always good to have examples of what you want others to know how you will do things. Powers especially, if you got the power idea from a game for example, state that to give the person a visual idea of what you want them to know.
(4) When it comes to magic, bare in mind again the Shokushu High idea. The students aren't suppose to be able to "kill" a monster in a general RP. If you want them to, then ADD is the place for you since it's more specialized. Magic is a broad term, there are plenty of them out there. Fire conjuring, spells (if you want a visual, lets say Naruto's ninja incantations. I hate Naurto though, so I'd rather say look for Bleach's Kido spell incantations are better for me.)
(5) Most importantly is when you write down your powers. Students ESPECIALLY needs to have a DRAWBACK on the powers. Especially if you use them, something should happen to the student. Mainly a feedback, or drawback. This is especially important for students since they aren't suppose to kill a monster.

It is important to understand, again this is Shokushu High, the students aren't generally suppose to win in any RP. You're powers are here to give you a way to fight back at SOMETIMES, not ALL the time. Powers here allow students to stand out but not wipe the monsters on the campus clean. And MOST importantly, as Mr. Stormbringer would probably say, the campus will ALWAYS have a way to counter what YOU can do.

Now if you want a good idea of what you CAN do, then please look at my character's bio. It is under my signature and will lead you to my bio I wrote awhile ago. I feel it is a good enough example for some new students to look at. However please don't copy, or cookie write my style because Dawn is extremely unique. Not because I say so, because I have experience on SHS, I been here for 6 years now and I earned my way here. Anyone of you that wants to achieve what I am trying to give Dawn Portman, then earn you're way to what I do. Do not think because you copy what I have given done in the 1 year and a half I returned you will be given what you want. I am currently retiring Dawn Portman from SHS because how long she has been here, I hope my RP I do with Mr. Stormbringer will give you guys more to see. (Visuals are better then words in my mind.) One rule of advice in general to keep in mind. (Always have more drawbacks to what you can do, then having none at all.)

If anyone needs help, please feel free to ask me. I would love to help.

Dawn Portman's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2908&p=48448#p48448
Dawn Portman's Personal Diary (Reading): viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3148

Student Of The Month, May 2004
SHS Cheerleading Squad Captain
SHS Swim Team Captain

Mon May 11, 2009 6:52 am

What if I know the way to overhelm the raping monster (not every) by a lack of his defence where even my less powers can go to? One more thing, how does this "inhibitors" work? Does it cover's person by a shell of some sort?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:05 am

You cannot overwhelm a monster, because of the inhibitors. And it's left ambguious because it works in different ways on each person. It's an adaptive system.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:33 am
Profile WWW

Nah! That's boring then. What the point of fighting back if you lose anyway? Sorry for disturbing. And I said that I know the way of doing that without breaking the rule of inhibitors.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:42 am

That's the point. The girls are SUSPOSED to lose.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:00 am
Profile WWW

Why :roll: ? Is it "loser" written on the foreheads?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:18 am

*Facepalm*

That's the whole point to the boards. Girls getting taken and raped by non-human aliens/demons.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:20 am
Profile WWW

But doesn't it make all those monsters lazy? They know that they will rape her no matter of how bad, stupid, increative(sorry if I wrote it wrong), unealistic they'll do that awaiting that their partner will obey to it.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:01 am

You know...screw this. Take a week off, and read up on the premice of Shokushu High School.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:10 am
Profile WWW
Now-now boy. Heh, show me the rule viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3 ucp.php?mode=register that let you to ban me for the words I said before. Do you know that it calls mmm "Excess of powers of office" which breaks my rights as a human and a guest of this forum. Ts-ts-ts, I even can use it as an occasion to court, heh. It calls "Breach of law on a freedom of speech" while I was just trying to know more of the forum and reasons of rules you made.
With all my respect, Anna.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next