View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Fiona Macbeth: Getting Closer To Nature 

Post Fiona Macbeth: Getting Closer To Nature
((A work in progress. Will continue to be edited and improved upon as needed.))

Name: Fiona Macbeth
Place of Birth: Edinburgh, Scotland
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green
Ethnicity: Scottish/Irish
Skin Tone: Fair
Pubic Hair: None
Distinguishing features: Large green eyes, red heart-shaped birthmark on her left inner thigh
Height: 5’ 10”
Weight: I’ll never tell. :P
Bust: 38D
Virgin? No
Piercings: Both ears pierced.
Tattoos: Three fairies, one on each leg and one on her back; a Celtic “Tree of Life” tattoo on her stomach, just above her navel; an imp located just between her breasts; and a Celtic Knot on her left arm.
Some (but not all) Languages: Gaelic (Primary), English (Secondary), German, Spanish & Japanese and other Asian languages.

Some Likes: Horses, music, pretty flowers, dancing, sex, traveling to interesting and exciting places....

Some Activities: Horse-back riding, biking, mountain climbing, backpacking, gardening, sculpting, practicing her craft, gathering herbs, flowers, leaves, ect for medicinal purposes…

Background: Fiona Macbeth is the product of a Scottish father and an Irish mother, whose family had emigrated from Ireland some thirty years previously. She is the second of three children, four if you included Sara, her orphaned cousin who had come to live with the Macbeths after both of her parents had died in a freak car accident. Her older brother Gavin is currently enrolled at St. Andrews University on a sports scholarship and is the captain of the school’s rugby team. Fi’s younger sister Mairi ran away from home when she was only ten-years-old, and nobody was able to track her down.

While her parents had never figured out why their little girl had taken off, Fiona had a very good idea why her sister had silently crept out of their home late one evening while the rest of the family, apart from Fi, was fast asleep. It was the same reason that nobody seemed to know where she was or how to track her down. Mairi had a secret…’gift’ that she never to talk about with anybody, afraid that others would think she was a freak, or worse. The only person she had confided in was Fiona, who she knew was…different than the rest of her peers.

Fiona had always kept an open mind about everything and never judged anybody…And more importantly, her older sister had already shared her own ‘gifts’ with her in confidence, so Mairi knew she was safe to talk to. Mairi had a conversation with her older sister the night she had taken off, and at the end made her swear not to tell their parents that she was leaving. It was a difficult decision…but if it was something that her sister really had to do, then Fi would support her in any way that she could. The sisters packed together, gathering just some food and a set of clothing and whatever small possessions that she could easily carry on foot. Then, after a tearful goodbye, Mairi sneaked out of her bedroom window and then, quite literally, disappeared from sight. Fiona never saw her little sister again.

Ten years later...

It has been three years since her high school graduation, and Fiona's parents had decided that it was high time for her to start planning her future. As the three of them sat around the dinner table discussing this, Fi's mother showed her a brochure that had just recently arrived in the post for a highly exclusive all-girl school located in a place called Shokushu Island. The name sounded vaguely familiar to Fiona, but she wasn't quite able to recall where she had heard it from until her mother Nora mentioned that her cousin Angelina had been sent their for schooling, as well as two of their relatives from the U.S.

Personality/Psychological Profile: Fi lives life to the fullest, and treats every waking moment she has on this earth as if it were her last. Since she was a child, Fiona has always been a free-spirited lass who has never let herself get weighed down by the troubles of everyday life, and has never been restricted by other people's opinions of her. That's not to say that she doesn't care about what other people think...Fiona simply doesn't let other people's opinions of her change how she feels about herself.

Fiona might not quite fit the of image some foreigners might have of the ‘typical’ Scot, in that she finds golf to be a pointless waste of time, listening to bagpipes gives her a migraine, and the thought of eating haggis tends to make her sick. Most outsiders would feel the same if they knew what was in it.

Good luck keeping Fi sitting around indoors for very long; you may as well try to put out a wildfire with a glass of water. This energetic young woman is on the go 24/7, always looking for a way to keep active, always looking for a good time, usually involving some sort of outdoor activity. Some of her favorites include hiking, mountain-climbing, swimming and horse-back riding.

As long as she can remember, Fiona has always felt a deep spiritual connection with Mother Nature, and she has never felt more free, more alive than when she is surrounded by all the incredible gifts that Nature has provided. Fiona is exactly the kind of person who enjoys talking to plants & flowers and dancing naked in the rain.

Magic? (Will work on this more as I continue to improve upon this character's bio)

"Nature magic- Plants seems to like her, if she puts a potted plant in her room it grows to large size in a few days. Creepers or roses grow to surround her window like they want to come inside.
Maybe plants respond to her sexuality. If she feels great pleasure outdoors, flowers starts blooming all around her. Or she could feel stronger and more sensitive when surrounded by nature.
Mischievous- Some sort of poltergeist phenomena manifests itself when she is feeling playful, playing minor tricks (wardrobe malfunctions, displacing small items), sometimes without her control or knowledge."
--As suggested by Pia

Attire: Her favorite outfit includes a white blouse with a red lace tied at the throat, brown vest, tartan of the Macbeth Clan, matching mini kilted skirt, white socks and black pumps. (See Signature Pic)

Attachments:
File comment: Macbeth tartan
macbethtartan.gif
macbethtartan.gif [ 4.87 KiB | Viewed 12845 times ]

Bio & Tats
Macbeth Tartan
Cast of Characters
Other Info

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead. --Scottish Proverb

Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
--Marilyn Monroe

You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead!
--Jamie Luner

Last edited by Fiona Macbeth on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:07 am

Post Re: Fiona Macbeth: Getting Closer To Nature
Fiona's currently known spells (pending approval by the higher-ups)

Speak With Plants: Can comprehend and communicate with plants, including normal plants and plant creatures. Caster is able to ask questions of and receive answers from plants. A regular plant’s sense of its surroundings is limited, so it won’t be able to give (or recognize) detailed descriptions of creatures or answer questions about events outside its immediate vicinity. The spell doesn’t make plant creatures any more friendly or cooperative than normal. Furthermore, wary and cunning plant creatures are likely to be terse and evasive, while the more stupid ones may make inane comments. If a plant creature is kindly disposed towards the caster, it may perform some small favor or service.

Component(s) Required: Verbal command.
Range: Personal
Target: Caster
Duration: Up to 3 minutes (subject to change over time as the caster gains experience)
--------------------
Stone Shape: Can form an existing piece of stone into any shape that suits the caster’s purpose*. Stone Shape also permits the caster to reshape a stone door where one didn’t exist or to seal a door shut. While it’s possible to make coffers, doors, and so forth with Stone Shape, fine detail isn’t possible. There is a 30% chance that any shape including moving parts simply doesn’t work.

Component(s) required: Soft clay, which must be worked into roughly the desired shape of the stone object and then touched to the stone while the verbal component is uttered.
Target: Stone or stone object touched, up to 10 cubic ft. (subject to change over time as the caster gains experience)
Range: Touch.
Duration: Instantaneous
-----------------------------------
Wood Shape: Similar to Stone Shape, but uses wood instead of stone.*
----------------------------------------
Plant Growth: Plant growth has different effects depending on the version chosen:

1. Overgrowth—This effect causes normal vegetation (briars, bushes, creepers, thistle, trees, vines) within 400 ft (subject to change over time as the caster gains experience) to become thick and overgrown. The Plants intertwine to form a thicket or a jungle that creatures must hack or force a way through. This area must have brush and trees in it for the spell to take effect.

At the caster’s option, the area can be a 100-foot-radius circle, 150-foot-radius semicircle, or a 200-foot-radius quarter circle. Caster may designate places in the area that are not affected.

2. Enrichment—This effect targets plants within a range of one-half mile, raising their potential productivity over the course of the next year to one-third above normal.

In many farming communities, clerics or druids cast this spell at planting time a part of the spring festivals.

*Will not be used to create weapons or to attempt to fashion a means of leaving/escaping the island.
----------------------------
Fiona has other minor abilities that, like the ones mentioned above, will continue to develop over time with practice and patience. The speed at which her individual powers continue to improve and develop depend on the complexity of, and the amount of effort and skill needed, to perform each spell.

New abilities can be learned by:

1. Being taught by other magic users. This method works well, provided Fiona is able to find a teacher who is A) schooled in the theory and practice of nature magic, and B) is willing to share their knowledge with her and aid her in the development of her abilities. The teaching method, though quite possibly effective in theory, may be rather more difficult in practice, given the fact that there are few human magic users on Shokushu Island, and probably even fewer who would agree to share their arcane knowledge with others.
    2. Reading spell books on her own. This method can be risky, even if used with extreme caution, and for obvious reasons. It is generally advised that a mage, especially a young mage still in training, should shy away from attempting to use any spells that are beyond their understanding and level of experience.
    3. Communing with nature. Basically the use of meditation and/or other rituals to...I guess the most accurate term would be 'communicate'...with Mother Nature (also referred to as Gaia, Mother Gaia, Terra Mater/Tellus Mater {Roman mythology} and Earth Mother/Mother Earth, among others) or with nature spirits (faeries, power animals {and plants} and elementals, mostly).

((Green text denotes edited parts of the bio))

Bio & Tats
Macbeth Tartan
Cast of Characters
Other Info

--Marilyn Monroe

You can sleep with a blonde, you can sleep with a brunette, but you'll never get any sleep with a redhead!
--Jamie Luner

Last edited by Fiona Macbeth on Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:08 am

Tattoos-Fi obviously loves to decorate her body. There are five all together, three fairies, two Celtic symbols, one imp...aaand a partriiidge in a peeaar treeee! (sorry, couldn't resist). These are the pics that I'm thinking of using for my character's tattoos:

http://www.easyimage.us/media/files_thu ... 2598v1.jpg Middle of her chest, with the feet dangling between her breasts
http://www.easyimage.us/media/files_thu ... 2594v1.jpg Lower Right Leg
http://www.easyimage.us/media/files_thu ... 2597v1.jpg Lower Left Leg
http://www.easyimage.us/media/files_thu ... 2600v1.jpg Stomach, directly above the navel
http://www.easyimage.us/media/files_thu ... 2596v1.jpg Middle upper back
http://www.easyimage.us/media/files_thu ... 2601v1.jpg lower left arm

Bio & Tats
Macbeth Tartan
Cast of Characters
Other Info

--Marilyn Monroe

--Jamie Luner

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:10 am

Hmm, interesting spells here, Fiona. I just have one question. Are they like, done with the handicap of being reduced to 10% strength or is this just what she's capable of without the handicap?

And, ah, I see she likes fairies. :lol:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:15 am

Pic of Fiona with the Shokushu Pixies, courtesy of Calidare:

Fornicarus wrote:
Hmm, interesting spells here, Fiona. I just have one question. Are they like, done with the handicap of being reduced to 10% strength or is this just what she's capable of without the handicap?

Before the handicap. I imagine Fi might find her abilities somewhat reduced with the inhibitors in place.

Fornicarus wrote:
And, ah, I see she likes fairies. :lol:

Lol, yeah, I guess you can say that.

I figured that someone who feels as much of a connection to nature as Fi, she'd have a natural attraction to fairies and other nature spirits.

The fact that I happen to have a huuuge fairy fetish might play some small part in it as well...

Bio & Tats
Macbeth Tartan
Cast of Characters
Other Info

--Marilyn Monroe

--Jamie Luner

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:35 am

-nods- Just had to ask. :D

Quote:
The fact that I happen to have a huuuge fairy fetish might play some small part in it as well...

Something tells me you're going to love PiaM. :lol:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:38 am

Fornicarus wrote:
-nods- Just had to ask. :D

Fiona macbeth wrote:

Something tells me you're going to love PiaM. :lol:

I think I just might...:D

Actually, I had come up with that aspect of her personality with Pia's Pixies in mind (in fact the whole basic idea of Fi's creation popped into my head) after reading through her recent thread with Aurora in the pixie grove...I think that's what they called it, anyway.

Bio & Tats
Macbeth Tartan
Cast of Characters
Other Info

--Marilyn Monroe

--Jamie Luner

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:58 am

Haha, well, in any case... You have a wonderful character here. :D

That, and if I can get through life without finding out what exactly is in Haggis, I can die happy.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:12 am

Welcome Fiona :-)
I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

((Nice Calidare))

We are always open to Rp. Just PM us. :wink:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:18 am

Fornicarus wrote:
Haha, well, in any case... You have a wonderful character here. :D

That, and if I can get through life without finding out what exactly is in Haggis, I can die happy.

:lol: Yeah, you're definitely better off not knowing what they put in it. I've never tried it myself, but I did check it out while I was doing some online research. When I saw what they do to make that stuff, I very nearly lost my lunch, not to mention my breakfast and dinner. :-&

Bio & Tats
Macbeth Tartan
Cast of Characters
Other Info

--Marilyn Monroe

--Jamie Luner

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:27 am

Ahhh, a scot and a nature lover.... looks like a druid too... interesting. Take care... Fi... you might just bump into the big bad wolf in the forests!

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:58 am
Profile YIM

Oh my - Aurora will be mortified if someone else finds that grove! :oops:

SFA: Lorielle, Star Faerie Princess

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:30 pm

Allirabeth wrote:
Welcome Fiona :-)
I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

((Nice Calidare))

Thank you Alli! I'm sure I will enjoy my time here on this beautiful tropical paradise.

I was a wee bit disappointed when I couldn't find any mention of horse-back riding or mountain-climbing in the brochure, but I'm quite sure I'll find many other ways to have fun here.

I wonder...does this school have a gardening club or something similar by any chance?

((Calidare did do a pretty damn good job on the render, didn't he? Frankly, I'm amazed at the amount of patience he had for me while we went through the planning process. I tend to be rather...particular about certain details when it comes to these things.))

AndyB2183 wrote:
Ahhh, a scot and a nature lover.... looks like a druid too... interesting. Take care... Fi... you might just bump into the big bad wolf in the forests!

I guess I'll just have to be extra careful then, won't I? :wink:

Aurora wrote:
Oh my - Aurora will be mortified if someone else finds that grove! :oops:

Aww... :( She could share, couldn't she? There's gotta be room enough for more than one in that grove. I don't have to beg, do I? I don't wanna beg, but I'll do it if I have to... [-o<

Bio & Tats
Macbeth Tartan
Cast of Characters
Other Info

--Marilyn Monroe

--Jamie Luner

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:05 pm

With the inhibitors reducing the spells she knows, it should be fine. Welcome to Shokushu Fiona! Perhaps my witch will stumble upon another magic user in the future XP

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:00 pm

Fiona - it's not a matter of sharing.

Aurora will probably die of embarrassment if someone recognizes that the grove trees have become erotic images of her.

She's already deathly embarrassed of it - and no one else knows!

But welcome to Shokushu - and go ahead and play in the grove if you can find it. :D

SFA: Lorielle, Star Faerie Princess

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next