View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Kaminari 

Post Kaminari

Name: Kaminari Kiyomizu (Nari for short)
Place of Birth: Outskirts of Niigata, Japan
Nationality: Japanese
Hair Color: Dark Purple
Eye Color: Golden Amber
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Skin Tone: Between pale and fair
Pubic Hair: Absent
Distinguishing features: She usually wears a Kami bracelet on her left wrist that is a magenta color with a silver, magnetic clasp.
Height: 5’9
Bust: 34 D
Waist: 24
Hips: 39

Background:

Nari was born into a very spiritual, low-middle class family during the winter season in Niigata. Raised on the Shinto faith, Nari attended the local public school while helping out part-time at her family shrine as a contemporary maiden. Much of what Nari did as a young girl was participating in shrine functions; perform ceremonial dances, offer omikuji, fortune telling, and selling souvenirs. Much of tourism was attracted during the autumn and winter seasons when the landscape took on a very dramatic and beautiful change. That left a lot more free time for young Nari to travel to the local book store in town after school during the slower months.

A typical day she came upon a book; an old Japanese-like script that was inscribed with different runes and kanji letter she could barely understand. But finding no use in reading something she couldn’t, she put it back on the shelf and continued to read about mythology, fantasy, any sort of fantastic stories she could get her hands on. But over the next couple of days that old kanji script had somehow afflicted her with just plain curiosity. Despite not making heads or tails of some words, she got enough of it to understand it as enchantment spells or more than likely sorcery. Like some alluring temptation, it seemed, maybe in just Nari’s mind, to beckon her back and just take a small peek. Finally giving in, she took the script home one night and delved into it like it was the next hot book to be read. She managed to crack one sentence and said it out loud. It was quite a shock when the words she spoke suddenly made her black out. She woke with a fright the next morning, recalling the frightful nightmare of a monster beast suddenly upon her. Covered in sheen of sweat, Nari tried to piece together what she could of last night.

Was it a dream or did it happen? Was it magic or her imagination? Was it an alien or a monster?

Questions were left unanswered when she found the script she had read out loud was gone, vanished off the face of the earth. She looked and searched for it, but it seemed to have just disappeared. It was hard to argue with something you couldn’t find or even fathom so eventually Nari left her odd night alone, forgetting it over the next couple of weeks when the heavy tourism trade was about to come in.

It was a fateful night close to her sixteenth birthday that the young maiden was busy putting out candles for the night. On a counter while bring her hand up to help blow out a tiny flame; she managed to catch her sleeve on fire. It was an uncommon yet not a first time for Nari’s clumsy act, but this time, it was different. The fire while already a bit big on her open sleeve was not burning her at all. In fact, it was barely warm. She watched in a cold shock as though the sleeve was eaten away, her arm remained absolutely fine. It amazed and frightened her before she finally reacted to the fire and put it out immediately before it got out of control. What was with that she kept asking herself. Dismissing it was a little harder than the script’s disappearance, but she figured maybe it was just a random occurrence to not be burned.
The next few following days became a chain of events Nari could not exactly wave off anymore. Strange occurrences like the lights in her room or wherever she was coming on and off, accidently touching a bad plug with exposed wires and not getting electrocuted, even the wind suddenly picking up while she swept outside, blowing the dust away into the air. Nari was admittedly becoming frightened, perhaps wagering she was somehow being visited by a supernatural being. When that assumption didn’t seem plausible, she began to think that maybe it was karma following her. Being frightened all the time was punishment enough as she was beginning to be afraid of touching anything without there being some illogical event to take place.

It was perhaps her coming years as a senior in high school did she begin to feel that maybe she had some form of abilities that she might’ve stumbled upon or perhaps even received from that nearly forgotten script. It was during her last year in high school that she began to believe that maybe she did have some fantastic abilities waiting to be unlocked further and dove head first into all arcane books she could find. Partly because it was against her childhood faith in Shinto and also because of her family’s likely disproval, she kept as secretive of her practices as much as possible. Not to deviate, but in fact make sure her parents didn’t pay too much attention to her free time, her grades and services for school time improved drastically. So much that she was offered a full scholarship to a mysterious, yet well known university, Shokushu.

Personality:

Being raised in a modest family, Nari tends to view others as equals unless given reason not to. Even being just a contemporary priestess, she does at most time feel her and other people’s time are very important and shouldn’t be wasted. While her Shinto faith has more or less taken a back seat to her dying urge to learn more of magic and enchantments, Nari does still do her prayers and rituals every morning and night unless her studies need attending to immediately.

When it comes to interacting with people, after spending years as a host to her family temple, Nari is very friendly and out-going to those who treat her much the same. But even a priestess has her days where she wants to be left alone, and believing at times a person should express how they feel, she will want to be left alone. The only fight she had ever gotten into was a young woman ‘accidently’ dropping 100 yen in the donation to the shrine when she saw them put in only 10. She isn’t one for confrontation but she will stand her ground none the less when the need calls for it.
As far as making friends, that’s where social issues begin to rise. While idle talk and chit chat is nothing to Nari, having someone still wanting to be friendly after a while makes things a bit awkward for the woman who normally deals with hundreds of people in mere minutes. Finding someone still hanging around and wanting to talk more is where she becomes shy and quiet.

Nari prides herself as a young woman, priestess or not, but will correct any mistakes should she make any immediately and move on. What she does pride herself on extensively when it comes to studies is that she loves history and anything related to past occurrences. She also enjoys learning about different cultures and the people that conform to them.
She’s taken a slight interest to Chemistry. Maybe it’s just that it’s like her powers and whatever happened you got a result, but she likes the different chemicals and results of what happens when mixed or otherwise played with.
And on a final not she also enjoys soothing music, which she does happen to play at night to help her sleep.

Virgin? Yes
Piercing or Tattoos: None
Language: Japanese, English
Likes: Magic, history, sweet deserts, fantasy, Chemistry, friendly (short) conversations.
Activities: Reading, practicing her abilities, interactive board games with others.
Miscellaneous: Nari has had asthma for about ten years and while it hasn’t taken over her life, she’s had enough breathing episodes to always have her inhaler with her.
Magic?
While it lacks a sort of finesse and raw control, magic has been a more recent and exciting passion of Kaminari’s. But even though she has found it to be a wonderful experience to learn all she can, her magic itself is quite powerful, and from past experiences, she’s found it to be slightly dangerous. Backlashes are not as common as when she first started, but they still happen. What she’s taken from her experience is that her powers seem to lead towards more natural elements, fire, ice, and electricity. She can for the most part prevent being hurt by the elements themselves while the explosive backlashes tend to be her more vulnerable spots. The most she can do is gather a small some of the element in hand, but she can also do small tasks like lighting a candle or turning room lights on and off.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:03 pm

Post Re: Kaminari
Welcome to the island. Very nice and in depth background there. I think Madison and the powers-that-be will have some reading to do.

Just in case you missed it, monsters are not allowed on Earth. So her "experience" with the monster would have to be either a dream or a reliving of some past event. Also, her magic will not be as strong here as on Earth.

(I don't know why I keep referencing Earth. We are on Earth, right? :lol:)

So what brings Nari to Shokushu?

If you would like to punish me, send me a PM.

Hitomi - A party girl in for the shock of her life.
[A Bala production]
Links to Character Profiles found here.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Oh I'm already aware of the rules and regulations. I think what I have created is within the rules of the school, hopefully. And if it's not then it's not and I can change it easily.

And if you're asking me why I'm here, I just... got curious really. ^^ Thank-you for the welcome.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Yeah, everyone gets a bit too... -makes quote signs- "curious"... When it comes to the island but... Welcome to Shokushu, all the same!

Excellent character so far, incidentally! :D

Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Welcome aboard! So cute.. I bet you will be popular.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:41 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome to Shokushu. Enjoy your stay.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Welcome to shokushu great character!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7278

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Eep! A monster! Well, as long as you're just saying hi. X3
Pia, aww you look like an adorable cupcake to me.
Kanoe, I shall, thank-you. By the way, you remind me of an anime. It's old I think and I can't quite put my finger on it.
Eep, another monster!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Hmm, just saying Hi? Well, that's the proper thing to do, but... -holds up rope- I hope you like getting tied up! :D

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:51 pm

Yeah, she'll struggle to do magic with the inhibitors in place.

That aside, welcome to SHS. ^_^

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:52 pm
Profile WWW

Dr. Steiner, Well... I hope that means I'll just be busy. ^^

Eep, another mod!

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:53 pm

-pats- Mhmm, busy, indeed. Busy screaming, that is. ^_^

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 pm

Admin actually. :P

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:59 pm
Profile WWW

Now that's a frightful sense of power. ^^ My mistake.

Eep, an admin!

Edit: And oh my, Dr. Seems I will be getting a very thorough physical. I just can't help but make silly puns. :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Don't worry. I'm nice, unless someone does something agenst the rules. ^_^

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next