View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Antoinette de Mérode 

Post Antoinette de Mérode
While I have some previous experience with online role-playing, I've never done something comparable to this and there may still be some hiccups in my character sheet.
So if anyone has any critiques, comments, or advice to offer, you're welcome :D
Any edits made will be displayed in this color.

GENERAL
Full name: Dame Antoinette de Mérode II
Nickname: Toinette
Sexual orientation: Lesbian, however she doesn’t really know it yet as her strict upbringing never allowed the feelings to manifest. Going through many eventless and failed arranged relationships has made her build up a hatred for male partners, though, which combined with a lack of opportunity to discover her true desires has turned her into somewhat of an introvert when it comes to relationships.
Zodiac: Scorpio
Blood Type: A+
Virgin?: Hasn’t been for a long time, but is very adamant about insisting she still is even to people who know better. After sex she often tries to justify it by coming up with excuses why it wasn’t really losing her virginity.
Magic?: None.

APPEARANCE
Hair color: A very light blonde, bordering on white. Her hair is long and flowing, but she usually braids it into a bun on the back of her head. While it may appear to others that she does this for looks, she really just does it out of convenience since long hair can get in the way.
Eye color: A dark and rich brown. Her eyes are very striking despite their not so uncommon color.
Ethnicity: Caucasian.
Skin tone: She is slightly tanned, but her natural skin color is quite pale so in the end she comes off as having a regular skin color. While she doesn’t exactly have distinguishable tan lines, one can notice that the skin around her breasts and her nether regions is paler than the rest of her skin.
Pubic hair: Her pubic hair is very light, like her regular hair, and soft. She trims it regularly, though this is more for hygiene reasons than any sort of aesthetic preference.
Distinguishing features: Primarily her strikingly dark brown eyes. Her secret obsession with heavy machinery also shows in her toned and fit muscles, though she usually tries to keep the most visibly muscular parts of her body hidden under layers of clothing.
Height: 5’7” / 170.2 cm
Weight: 137.8 lbs / 62.5 kg
Bust: 35inD
Waist: 25in
Hips: 35in
Piercing or Tattoos: None.

PERSONALITY
Psychological Profile: While she presents herself as mature, mentally strong, and socially dominant, her secret interests and internal conflicts between upbringing and desire usually cause her to be very submissive, preferring to go along with other people’s suggestions rather than admitting to both other people and herself that she wants to explore her boundaries more. When a suggestion is made into a boundary she doesn’t want to explore however, she’ll exhaust every resource she has to avoid the boundary being crossed.
Personality: To the general public, Toinette seems to adhere quite closely to her ancestry: she’s polite, proper, and sometimes a bit arrogant. However, there is a secondary side to her that isn’t as well known; she’s very curious and inquisitive, and can be so engrossed in something that she forgets about everything else around her. There are two reasons that she still upholds the ‘noble’ façade; partly out of personal preference, but partly because she finds it hard to deviate from the way she was raised in front of others. Even in the most distressful of situations, or even when caught red-handed, she will insist on acting like she’s the proper aristocrat she was raised as, to the point of becoming angry at those who refuse to ‘play along’.
Likes: ‘Publically’, being treated with respect, politics, nobility, and Belgian cuisine. Secretly though she is obsessed with technology and machinery, which were a bit taboo considering her strictly ‘proper’ upbringing. Thus, even in the far more open environment of Shokushu High School, she tries to keep it a secret as much as possible, though if she’s busy in her room she’ll usually be so engrossed in her work that she won’t notice someone entering.
Dislikes: ‘Uncivilized’ people, luddites.

BACKGROUND
Place of Birth: Bastogne, Belgium.
Nationality: Belgian (Walloon).
Background: Toinette was born to one of the few older noble families in Belgium that still retain their wealth. Her youth was a pampered but strict one. At every turn she was reminded or even forced to follow all the rules, etiquettes and guidelines that a noble girl should adhere to, even though she really didn’t want to – however, she never got the chance to explore outside of the bounds set for her, and thus knew little about life outside nobility at an early age. As she grew older and entered puberty though, her increased responsibilities but also increased freedoms allowed her to finally explore the world around her. She was especially intrigued by all things mechanical – her parents were very conservative and avoided use of technology as much as possible, so most of it was new to her. Her ordinary life at home was boring, static, routine. Day in, day out, she would just follow the path laid out before her by her parents, with any personal attempt to deviate scorned. But machines... machines were different. She could change machines. And machines could change her life. The intricacies of machinery made her feel more enthusiastic than any fine dinner or aristocratic discussion she had ever held before. She never really understood why - maybe it was just because every machine can be different, in stark contrast to the noble routine. While keeping up the ‘prim and proper’ façade for the rest of the world, she, in secret, spent most of her free time studying, making, or repairing machinery. Her parents were infuriated when they found out about this, and tried several times to get her back in line, whether through coaching, punishments, or arranged relationships with 'appropriate' partners. The Shokushu High School, away from the ‘threat’ of modern civilization, was picked as a final solution for Toinette’s ‘disrespectful’ behavior, but she still managed to smuggle her most prized mechanical items with her, not all of which were confiscated during the plane ride. Not necessarily because they're part of some big project she's working on: on the contrary, they are all just small trinkets and tools. Machines simply provide her with a hobby, a way to spend her time, and a way to hone her skills should she ever find a way to put her interests to use. One day, she hopes to become an engineer, away from her family.
Languages: French, and heavily accented English. Even when she’s talking English she will occasionally use a French word, though she tries to make sure her non-French speaking classmates can still understand her.
Activities: Publically, she spends her time studying and reading, along with other ‘proper’ activities such as fine dining. In private however, she spends hours after hours studying and working on machinery of all kinds and purposes. A lack of decent resources however mostly limits these to small tools or relatively useless gadgets, though the exceptions can be quite… interesting.
Miscellaneous: When not in her school uniform, she usually dresses in the upper class clothing she's used to, even when she's working on her machinery.

Last edited by LowercaseT on Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:30 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Antoinette de Mérode
Very interesting. I particularly like the inherent character conflicts between people's expectations of Toinette and what she actually wants to do (especially where they overlap - wearing an evening gown while tinkering with a steam engine, Toinette? Really?), and the 'I'm really mature and dominant - but can you please suggest something for me to do, without looking like I'm not in charge' thing suggests a lot of hilarity.

What are her more long-term goals, though - why does she tinker with machinery, for example? Is it just because she enjoys the practice, or is she trying to make something specific, or is she trying to hone her skills? I realise that she's unlikely to get much done at SHS between all the monsters etc., not to mention the other people, but it'd be nice to see what her character trajectory is.

Take these questions with a pinch of salt - I am but two hours older than you in forum-time, so I can't speak to anything game-wise & have little experience, but I do enjoy reading characters.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for the advice. I usually forget to add long-term goals to character sheets since I'm more used to creating characters that fit in an over-arching plots, where their motivation is implied simply by their presence in the story. Things are of course different when the character is meant more to fit into all different kinds of situations, though indeed, its hard to concentrate on your future when there's a constant risk of unwanted penetration :lol:

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:13 am
Profile WWW

LowercaseT wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I usually forget to add long-term goals to character sheets since I'm more used to creating characters that fit in an over-arching plots, where their motivation is implied simply by their presence in the story. Things are of course different when the character is meant more to fit into all different kinds of situations, though indeed, its hard to concentrate on your future when there's a constant risk of unwanted penetration :lol:

Yes, I think I get the problem. It's more an issue of other people's plots trying literally to fit themselves inside your character, which is always a problem. ;) It's still interesting to see where a character would have wanted to go, even if that gets brained out of them by a head-on collision with a cock-wasp.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:28 am

What machinery DOES she have?

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:38 am
Profile WWW

Welcome

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7278

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:52 am

Madison wrote:
What machinery DOES she have?

Well, I was personally thinking of making it work similarly to the 'Gizmos' advantage in GURPS 4th Edition;
GURPS 4e Basic Set - Characters wrote:
You always seem to have just the piece of gear you need. Once per game session per level of this advantage, you may pull out one small item of equipment that you could have been carrying. This “Gizmo” remains undefined until you reveal it. It does not even “enter play” until you take it out; thus, it cannot be damaged, lost, stolen, or found in a search.

Of course this really only applies to small things that she may suddenly whip out in the middle of a scene, like some kind of defense mechanism (that, of course, would never be effective) or a mechanical sex toy. I might try to add a list of larger machinery that she just has lying around in her room, though.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

Welcome to the island.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Welcome to Shokushu! I hope you enjoy your time here!

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:27 am

Welcome aboard!

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:17 am
Profile YIM

Welcome to Shokushu... and I hope we get the chance to rp sometime.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:07 am
Profile YIM

Welcome to the boards Antoinette, and do try to refrain from inadvertently creating any clockwork abominations with a lust for girl-flesh. :)

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:05 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]