View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 SFA Idea 

Post SFA Idea
Though I already have a plethora of characters, I have been considering creating a SFA. I have a couple of ideas, the first of which is based on the attached picture below. As far as I can glean from the various discussion and rules threads something like this should be acceptable, but I wish to be sure before I begin a workup in earnest. Also looking for general opinions as to whether she would be of interest to others (purely in a physical sense, of course, since there's no accompanying background, etc.)

Attachments:
File comment: Illustration by Steve Ellis; From the cover of D&D Gamma World printed 2010. Images/Tradmarks property of respective parties
Octogirl.jpg
Octogirl.jpg [ 118.09 KiB | Viewed 7239 times ]

Full Character Listing
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:30 pm

Post Re: SFA Idea
I have an interest. Not sure of the powers you'd add but judging by the pic prehensile tentacles work. SFA can be stronger then humans and I've seen all manner of abilities that make them stronger than humans but weaker then monsters/aliens so as long as you keep that in mind you should be OK.

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:34 pm

I have an interest. Not sure of the powers you'd add but judging by the pic prehensile tentacles work. SFA can be stronger then humans and I've seen all manner of abilities that make them stronger than humans but weaker then monsters/aliens so as long as you keep that in mind you should be OK.

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:36 pm

I'm glad someone else finds her interesting. Though given how quiet the board has been, I'm not too surprised there hasn't been more discussion.

The fact that she has (multiple) tentacle arms is the one thing I was afraid might make her too monstrous. As I mentioned, I couldn't find anything specifically against it, and I don't imagine her to be any stronger than most humanoid girls - though probably a lot more limber. :wink:

As for other powers, I am thinking pretty simple - Amphibious qualities, good low temperature and high-pressure tolerance, keen low-light vision and so forth.

Full Character Listing

Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:17 am

I don't think the multiple tentacles matter. She's humanoid and fits the S in SFA. The powers are more than in line with what I've seen with SFA being more powered than humans to offer more of a challenge. I wouldn't see much of a problem with multiple limbed characters.

Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:02 pm

Should be fine.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:57 am
Profile WWW

Cool! She's still in the early planning stage, but look for an actual write-up in the not-too-distant future!

Full Character Listing

Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:21 pm

So, now that I've made Xiana, I, of course, have a new idea (not that I'm abandoning the Octogirl, by any means).

My new idea is for an artificial life form, like an android/replicant/synth. Is it possible for such to be considered a SFA? The idea is that she was designed as an alternative to natural humanoid slave stock. She wouldn't be any more powerful than other SFA/Agent/Outlaw characters and not have a monstrous motivation. I'm kind of thinking of her as sort of slave/gladiatrix as adept at pleasing her master as at performing in the arena. Any opinions? Official or otherwise.

Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:31 pm

I wouldn't see it as a problem for a feminine based snyth/android or what not. I haven't seen anything about it though so it's just an opinion.

Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]