View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Shokushu Book Club (All Welcome, including Monsters) 

Post Re: Shokushu Book Club (All Welcome)
I smiled at Asao who had sat down next to me, I offering my hand “Hiya im Komiko, Komiko Takayama, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” I tell her looking eager to make new friends thought the introduction looked a bit forced as I felt out of my element here meeting other people, but least Pia was someone I knew so I took comfort in that.

I began to blush feeling like I had the whole room looking at me and I slowly lowered my hand back to my lap trying to disappear once more feeling shy about being here in the first place, I sighed to myself knowing I wouldn’t have any such luck so I remained quiet until some one had wanted to ask me something.

I had looked around the who room at the people that was here and was shocked to see Lynn in the room, she was a bit of a trouble maker and I had an unpleasant experience with her in the past and was sure it was her who had locked me in my own locker one day that and I didn’t even know she read books.

Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:21 am

Asao took the offered hand, giving it a self-conscious shake. "I'm Asao Yumi," she said quietly, trying not to disturb the meeting. "What did I miss?"

Her eyes slid over the assembled students. She recognized a few of them from some class or another, but didn't know any names. She had kept to herself since her arrival. And she was getting rather lonely. A book club seemed a nice safe way to get back out there.

She looked up at Bala, the apparent leaded of the club and blushed, looking away. The woman was gorgeous, and Asao had been alone for a very long time.

Asao shook her head. As if that exotic beauty would even notice her.

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:24 pm

Getting bored of the other students conversations quickly, she spent attention to different things. Watching the behaviour of other people amused her somehow, even though this hobby was quite weird in a way. Asao and Komiko, what a wierd thing.

They seemed to be quite outright in a way, and Ryu smiled lightly as her eyes settled down on the two of them while Asao asked what she missed. What an odd question. What could you miss in a booc club anyway? Well, the flash cards for example, but Ryu enjoyed it a lot even though it seemed to be boring in a way, too.

Following the path Asao's eyes looked to, Bala seemed to catch her attention for a short moment. Of course she was the leader of the club, or wasn't she? Well, quite convinced she was in a way. As the girl shook her head, maybe to clear her thoughts as Ryu usual did as well, she started to giggle silently for a moment, but then she tried to focus on the subject again. If someone tried to think of it hard enough, it was obvious what feelings she must have right there, and her thoughts were also quite calculable.

Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:38 pm

I scooted my chair next to Asao when she had asked what she missed. “Oh umm you didn’t miss much Asao other then the passing of the flash cards but you can share mine if you like?” I asked her as I held out the flash cards next to her so she could read them as well as I.

“Most of these books I had already read, I haven’t read Sun Tzu, The Art of War yet but I understand business company and military uses his works so im thinking it’s a combat manual or something like that.” I tell Asao feeling a bit stupid about confessing my lack of knowledge of that subject.

I lay the flash cards on Asao deck and lean in to read them with her, my hand getting tired of holding them up, I look around the class and notice Ryu looking at us and I begin to blush when she looks away towards Bala, I had started to wonder why she was staring at Asao and myself and my eye caught site of Lynn making perverted gestures at me making sure she wasn’t seen by the other students when she did it.

Blushing even more I was thinking she was hear to torment me or maybe lock me in my locker again, she didn’t seem to be interested in the book club, maybe she was looking for new victims to bully was one thought that came to mind.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Bala smiled pleasantly at the new member. She went to the front desk and picked up the clipboard and another computer memory card. She took them over to Asao and put them both down on her desk with a smile. "Thank you for sharing with her, Komiko." She looked at Asao, the smile never leaving her lips. "My name is Bala. I'm the organizer of this club. I have a flash card loaded with books for you too. Please sign the sheet when you get a chance."

Bala looked at everyone and got their attention. "We should probably decide what book to start reading now. We have three choices so far: Moby Dick, Catcher in the Rye, and Les Miserables. If there aren't any others, then let's vote on our first book."

Bala looked back at Asao and smiled again. "Why don't you tell everyone here your name. I'll introduce everyone to you when we get to the mingle stage." Bala briefly leaned back, looking at Asao's yukata. "That is a very pretty kimono. I'll have to wear a sari for the next meeting."

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:04 am

I couldn't believe no one had even mentioned this to me before, it was an outrage! I took the flyer and quickly headed to the room where the club was meeting. with a bit of a smile on my face. even if I was mad at students nor staff telling me about this before hand.

I walked in the door wearing a bit of an outfit that suited my nationality of being a mutt. It was an ice blue classic Chinese shirt, american arctic camo cargo pants, an Egyptian ankh around my neck and English riding boots of some sort. somehow it seemed to play well together.

"Afternoon ladies. I hear you're having a bit of a literature club of some sort and was wondering if perhaps you would entertain me joining you for it."

Alice: Dozen girls, one body
Krystal Neo-cyte; The Chimera Erica Scorned
Jessica The Hunter

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:21 am

I had smiled back at Bala, it felt nice to know I wasn’t invisible to every one and looked over to the door when I heard it open, I was surprised to see it was Erica I had met her brifely when she had arrived, it was during that day with all the bad weather my arms was full of books I was returning to the library when the storm had knocked out the lights and I had stumbled over the sofa in the common room.

The books had went every where and I think maybe one of them hit her or the other girl that was with her. I began to blush and said in a mouse like voice “Hello Erica.” I gave her a little wave feeling awkward, I didn’t really get to know her and I had invited them up to my room till they could get situated but I guess I was being to foreword when I had offered that to them.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:35 pm

"Ehh? Why did no one tell me about this before? I tried to start a literature club and no one joined! Lucky girl."

Tatiana smiled in her usual way as she drifted into the room holding up a flier she had gathered from a board in the dorms. She just winked to Bala a bit glad to see she wasn't the only dark skinned girl in the school after all. a hand reached into her little paper holster before forming it into a rose without more than a simple gesture and thought.

"You don't mind if this young brazilian joins your club do you?"

Tatiana Azevedo: Bibliophile, Paper mistress & holder of the gift of gab

Raven, magus of life

Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:33 am

Bala wrote:
Bala looked back at Asao and smiled again. "Why don't you tell everyone here your name. I'll introduce everyone to you when we get to the mingle stage." Bala briefly leaned back, looking at Asao's yukata. "That is a very pretty kimono. I'll have to wear a sari for the next meeting."

Asao could feel her cheeks burn as Bala placed the items on her desk. "Sure," she said simply at the instructions. She fumbled with the pen only once, managed to write down her name before hand the clipboard back. Habit took over and she sighed her full name, complete with the prefix Dr. without noticing she had done so.

"I'm sure you're lovely," she managed to add. The her mind caught up with er mouth. "I mean I'm sure it'll be lovely. The sari I mean. I just meant -- forget it," she finished lamely, giving up.

She stood up to introduce herself as asked, but the two swung open twice more, admitting a couple of girls way more outgoing than she was. Once everyone's attention was on them, Asao simply slid back into her seat, offering Komiko a weak smile. She looked up and noticed Ryu then, but couldn't place her expression.

Asao Yumi-The Brains
Eve01-The Beast

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 pm

I give Asao a shy smile as I look at the Data Card once more seeing the new students walk in the door one of them with red hair and unusual red eye that drew me into them as if I was hypnotized by them, I gave my head a slight shake to wake me up from that trans I was falling into with her eyes and looked quickly back to my Data Card blushing slightly as I mumbled to myself “Every one here is so beautiful.” I whispered to myself hoping I wasn’t over heard.

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Bala greeted the new students as she had the others, with a clip board and data cards. She got them caught up with what little club happenings had already taken place. Once that was done, Bala got back to the rest of the club.

When the room seemed to come to a consensus, Bala announce, "'Call me Ishmael', it looks like we're starting with Moby Dick. So read it and we'll discuss it next meeting. And I recommend trying to have some ideas on which book we should do next, whether one of the ones we discussed this time or another one.

Unless there's anything else, it looks like we're now in the mingle phase. There are snacks and soft drinks in the back. Feel free to enjoy." As everyone gets up and gather into groups, Bala moves over to talk with one of the students she hadn't met before. In this case it was Komiko.

"Hi, Komiko. What drew you to the book club?"

((Also edited opening post and Subject.))

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:27 am

Post Re: Shokushu Book Club (All Welcome, including Monsters)
"There are none as blind as those who do not see"

Those words came back to Mirria as she stepped into the book club, a small smile on her face. As far as any of the human toys were aware she was just another student, a rather tall one at 6" and with long white hair tied back in a ponytail that was long enough so that it only just managed to avoid scraping along the ground. Her clothing was rather simple, just a plain tee-shirt and some track suit pants. She wasn't here to show off and draw attention, but rather to assess, and if the oppurtunity came to draw someone away for a more ... in depth analysis.

Mirria paused as she stepped inside, a shy smile on her face as she looked around for people who would recognise her. She spotted Ishtar and nodded towards her as a greeting. Thanks to Misralla all Ishtar remembered of her examination was she had a nice chat with Mirria, and lost track of the time. Fortunatly the two hadn't been caught. Ishtar even had her journal entries recording it, written in a perfect forgery of her handwriting. Sometimes Mirria even impressed herself in what she could do.

Ohh ... I think I missed the start... Mirria's voice was, as usual for a Jarri, almost musical in nature. A melodic tone underlined every sylable, every word and sound that drew those who heard it in. That in particular hadn't been a designed, or a result of training. It was simply a fluke of evolution that the Jarri tongue sounded almost like a song to most species, and as such the Jarri accent whenever they spoke another language made them sound almost as if they were singing it.

<The book club didn't have enough monsters wandering around in it so I figured to throw the Midrozi in>

The Midrozi are currently prowling the space lanes, and their survey team on Shokushu are evaluating the various students.

For a list of my chars go to here

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2