View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Monster "pets"? 

Post Monster "pets"?
This is an idea that I have for the pixies, that I think I want to get your opinions on.

This is at least partially inspired by one of our monsters, Fonrnicarus. He used his servitor imps as bait for student, making girls summon him in order to bargain for their use as familiars, with the imps serving as spies for future victims afterwards.

I was thinking of doing something like it with the pixies. I figured that from time to time, one of the pixies will find a particular victim more fun than others. The idea was that this pixie will adopt this particular girl. It will sneak into her room, rummage through her stuff, play pranks and entertain her with endless prattle. Sometimes a girl might appreciate the company, other might find them annoying.

The player of the girl might mention "her" pixie in her profile if she wishes, or mention them in threads. Mostly they are just flavor, but they might be used as a story hook if the player of the student wishes.

The pixies are of little help to their owner. They might be convinced to spy on someone and fetch things, but with pixie attention span..

If the pixie is present during a monster attack, it might try to distract the monster. Or help it, run away, or find a safe spot to watch the fun.

Is this permissible under current rules, and just as importantly, is this something that can be fun/improve RP?

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Monster "pets"?
I don't think that going so far as to make them "Pets" is allowed, however they can do such things because they find them fun though.

Although, the "Stories" thing...well...

From the rules:

• Monsters are just that- monsters. They are not cute and cuddly and they do not ask student’s for dates except as a ruse to get the girl somewhere and rape her. Obviously such interaction with a student would mean the monster has a human form or else the girl should run screaming.

So that means that the stories thing would be out. I can see individual fairies picking out students because they enjoy their reaction...

This is a real grey area. It'd have to be discussed before any real decision could be made though.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:12 am
Profile WWW

Yes, my thought as well. I think this could be potentially fun, but I can also see why it could be considered borderline, so I would rather have some feedback now, instead of controversy later.

By story hook, I did not mean lenghty friendly (or non-sexual) RPs involving a girl and a pixie. Rather that it is used as an excuse to kick of a thread, for instance that a monster mentions that it has been invited to ravage a girl by a pixie, who thinks "it's" girl has gotten "boring" lately. This just to clarify.

Or that the pixies targets a spesific girl because she has an IC relation to a girl that a spesific pixie has "claimed", and thus gained the attention of the pixie.

I am not sure if this is a good idea or not, so just about any opinion would be welcome.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:30 pm
Profile YIM

Personally (and bear in mind, I'm just a player without any control or intimate knowledge of the rules) I think it's a fun idea. When it comes to working in that sort of gray area it's all about responsibility, about distinguishing player intentions from those of the character. And I think you've clearly proven yourself to be a smart and capable player.

But I think it could be a lot of fun to play. Just be sure to distinguish that the pixies really are monsters. While it may appear to the characters at first that having a pixie around might be fun or beneficial in protecting them against other monsters, it should become clear early on that all the little pixies are really doing is making more trouble for the girls: attracting other monsters to them, getting them in trouble with the head girls and administration, and just generally wrecking their lives.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:52 pm
Site Admin

It is rather a gray area because it can easily fall over into the cute and cuddly, and perhaps more importantly it could also set a precedent for others who want to do a 'me too' thing without having the same well-defined grasp on what fits here and what doesn't.

That's not a reason to nix (or pix) the whole idea though. I think we just need to set a reasonable boundary. Having the pixie fixate on a particular student for a while seems fine though it will work best with OOC consent of course. So too does having the pixie play tricks, and lead the girl into trouble as a scene initiator with Head Girls and monsters. Where it runs into problems is having the pixie as the student's new bestest friend, sitting around in her room chatting about movies and drinking cocoa.

Even when that's a ploy to gain her confidence to make the tricks easier to initiate, it can easily shade over into somewhere we don't really want to go. It also becomes rapidly untenable too, because a girl would have to be pretty dumb not to notice 'her' pixie joining in monster attacks or sitting on the sidelines watching. So I would think that while it's quite a good idea to have a pixie 'adopt' a specific student, it shouldn't be reciprocal.

At most I would say the student could find herself 'accidentally' bumping into the same pixie on a fairly regular basis while walking in the school grounds, believing it to be a coincidence and finding the pixie cute and unthreatening. Then the more prankish or malevolent aspects of pixie tricks could be better done without the student's IC knowledge.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I want to just get this out there as this subject is raised and say that no girl is allowed to keep Cangly in their sock drawer for future use.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:36 pm
Profile WWW

*Takes Cangly, and stuffs it into a Panty Drawer*

Calidare Art Gallery

Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:13 am
Profile YIM WWW

I actually intended to let the pixie fixate on a spesific girl only after a scene has been played out, and then let the player of the student figure out how she feels about having one of her own diminutive rapist buzzing around and trying to gain her attention.

Of course, one can play it the other way as well, with a thread starting with a pixie slowly gaining the confidence of a girl, and then inviting her over to meet the others, with the usual results. Actually, that is pretty close to how I play them already.

The thing about the pixies is that it does not matter if they consider you a friend or not.
If they disslike you, they attack you in order to hear you scream. If they like you, they may attack you because they think you deserve to have some fun, fun according to the pixie definition, that is. If they neither like or dislike you, they might ignore you, or they might think you need to get raped silly in order to be less boring.

So, anyway, just to see if I got this correct.. A pixie can decide that a spesific girl is her "special girl", but only as long as it is made certain that they still are immoral little pests, and have not suddenly converted to good, right?

The way I think of doing it was to let the girl know (if she is interested), that she will find evidence that a pixie still has interest in her (someone has been rumaging trough her things, stolen her candy etc.), and if there is occation for a pixie to appear in a thread, she can contact me and we will look at it on a case to case basis. This should be fairly safe, shouldn't it?

Oh, and one more thing. Pixie metabolism being what it is.. don't serve them cocoa, or sugar rich bewerages in general. Well, you can, but I won't guarantee the safety of any nearby schoolgirls :lol:

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:06 am
Profile YIM

Somehow a pixie on a sugar rush strikes me as the equivalent of a living, breathing(?) vibrator lol. In any case this strikes me as something that could be entertaining and would make for fun potential storylines. If the pixies are deemed uncute I would volunteer Aeria (who will probably be in the anger-the-pixies category of personality) to have one follow her around and do everything in its power to 'brighten' her day.

Whether it be to offer constructive criticism of my writing (that is always appreciated), an offer to start another thread, or just random nonsense don't hesitate to pm me. I don't bite.

Life's been overwhelming me as of late and my responses have been sporadic at best. I am sorry to all of those whom I have active scenes with and I will try to reply as promptly as I can.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:30 am

Aeria wrote:
Somehow a pixie on a sugar rush strikes me as the equivalent of a living, breathing(?) vibrator lol.

Trust me, they can— and do— manage that without needing a sugar rush.

(My first thought was of the relatively early Sluggy Freelance where Riff and Torg give a pixie stick to Kiki the ferret. On a sugar rush, she manages to break the sound barrier.)

Send me a pm if you want to set up an rp.

Character listing

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:05 am
Site Admin

Pia: Yes I think you got it. I don't really worry if it happens in the build up to a scene or after one. The basic is a pixie can fixate on a student, leave evidence of their continuing to be around, and naturally cause as much trouble for the girl as possible.

It's just safer to have most actual face to face meetings between them occur in an apparently random way outside the dorms rather than have a pixie keep the student company in her room.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:45 pm

OK. Thanks :)

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:08 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]