View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 ADD: Suicide Squad 

Post ADD: Suicide Squad
So, I had a cute passing idea. It's just a seed of a thought right now, and I haven't put it through its paces yet, but I think it could potentially be a lot of fun.

In general, the MO of the ADD seems to be to utilize their agents as one-woman armies, operatives sent either alone or with a single partner into the fray to take out the opposition. Mercenary, guerilla combat. As such, there's not a great deal of continuity at the moment. So I was thinking it would be fun to get together an actual unit of characters. Fill in the roles a group like that would need: the leader, the field medic, the grunt, etc. They'd be goal oriented, sometimes deploying as units of one to three for smaller objectives and sometimes going in as a whole squad. They'd have to be capable in their individual specialties but considered, for one reason or another, to be expendable by command. They're the girls sent in on the truly hairy, incredibly dangerous missions.

Naturally, we'd need smart players on both ends. Girls who are smart posters and regularly around, and monsters who are capable of multitasking and running scenes that involve running a number of monsters rather than just a single creature. I know there's a few of those guys around (or there were at least, before the server crash). The Silverbeasts and the Midori clan both come to mind.

So, does anyone have any thoughts?

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 am

Post Re: ADD: Suicide Squad
I think its a cool idea. But like any thread with alot of people/monsters, it will slow down to a snail's pace. But if people can be gathered all at a similar time it can work somewhat. *nods nods*

Perhaps a group of three ADD agents and one monster would work.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:36 am

Kanoe wrote:
I think its a cool idea. But like any thread with alot of people/monsters, it will slow down to a snail's pace. But if people can be gathered all at a similar time it can work somewhat. *nods nods*

Perhaps a group of three ADD agents and one monster would work.

I was thinking a squad of four or five agents. Regular scenes would be two or maybe three characters in agent/agent or agent/monster or agent/agent/monster scenes and then we'd have the ocassional big scene, when the stars align, with all the girls involved and one monster playing a big threat.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:40 am

Location: Either flying through the sky or in the Thousand Blossom Garden.
I think this is a great idea, and I'd be happy to offer Yautja as a foe at one point (he does like taking on unfavourable odds after all)

Or Nallia as a recon/scout for the squad.

For those in space Yautja is on the prowl for new trophies

For a list of my chars go to here

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:14 am
Profile YIM

*smiles evily*

Oh this does seem fun. I'd be more than happy to throw the Midrozi clan at a squad of agents ... perhaps even becoming the main reason it was formed (obviously they can still take on other monsters as well, it's just the Midrozi are the primary reason. After all sending a female agent after them on her own is just asking for her to be captured, broken and trained.)

Maybe a special task force that is put together to deal with that annoying Midrozi ship that is flirting around the blockade at Shokushu and generally being a pain in the ADD's ass.

The Midrozi are currently prowling the space lanes, and their survey team on Shokushu are evaluating the various students.

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 am

Seraph wrote:
I think this is a great idea, and I'd be happy to offer Yautja as a foe at one point (he does like taking on unfavourable odds after all)

Or Nallia as a recon/scout for the squad.

Well, I'd pictured my own Kate Mercury as their scout ;) but if you were really interested, I could probably move her to a supplementary position as squad mechanic instead.

Midrozi wrote:
*smiles evily*

Oh this does seem fun. I'd be more than happy to throw the Midrozi clan at a squad of agents ... perhaps even becoming the main reason it was formed (obviously they can still take on other monsters as well, it's just the Midrozi are the primary reason. After all sending a female agent after them on her own is just asking for her to be captured, broken and trained.)

Maybe a special task force that is put together to deal with that annoying Midrozi ship that is flirting around the blockade at Shokushu and generally being a pain in the ADD's ass.

<3

I honestly had you in mind when I came up with the idea.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:23 am

Actually now that I think about it Nallia really isn't a team player. She prefers to do things alone and being part of a squad would just slow her down.

Plus the ADD doesn't really want to lose her ... at least until they manage to replicate the teachnology she has (Visor, Sword, Armour in that order)

So I'll just stick to Yautja occasionally deciding to hunt the squad down.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:30 am
Profile YIM

Anna Lenox wrote:

<3

I honestly had you in mind when I came up with the idea.

much appreciated. :mrgreen:

*will have to some up with a suitable reward for including me in such a fun idea*

The Midrozi are currently prowling the space lanes, and their survey team on Shokushu are evaluating the various students.

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:33 am

Well I may be new, but I'd be willing to join. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:10 am

I think this is a great idea! I would like to join in if possible. I am pretty regular poster and Minerva would love to opportunity to work on a team of agents.

Please PM me, if you want to RP a mission with me!

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Well, I don't think it's necessary to state the obvious, but still let me say that it's a wonderful idea. It had appeared in my mind some time ago but never really focused much on it, mostly because I don't have an agent character, but I'm certainly glad to read this and that there are many other agents eager to join.

I can offer Rahs to be their target whenever the members want. He hasn't been defeated nor have had a really good fight yet so it'd be very interesting to see how he would do against a group. Besides, like Yautja, the tougher the odds, the more fun it gets (and it has been some time since I roleplayed with a group in a thread anyway and that was so fun).

The mare of your night, there in your darkest hour - Sylvana

SFA---
A cold woman - Sydr Haldar
The blazing huntress - Miria Dyranda

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:18 pm

Um! I'm glad you're enthusiastic, but I have a lot of scenes rolling and the like, so it's probably not something I'd get to for a while.

It was just an idea I was running by you guys for something possible in the future. But, uh, if someone wants to take the reins and put something together, I'd probably bring in Kate eventually.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:31 am

If people are interested I would be happy to run something like this through Nallia with the Midrozi being the main reason behind the formation. Considering the Midrozi are one of my alt bios (Didn't reveal that for the same reason I didn't reveal I was Leriana straight away) I think it would be wierd to have Nallia actually in the missions.

So maybe Nallia is inteligence officer and provides general briefings, but doesn't actually go on missions against the Midrozi (too high risk and the ADD doesn't want to lose the tech she has before they can replicate it)? Of course if a 'minor' (relative to the Midrozi) monster shows up there is nothing stopping her from taking part.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:35 am
Profile YIM

I'm not really a leader type of person so if you wanted to run it like that I'd still be willing to join. Natsuki could even offer her ship as a sort of mobile base if you'd like. As I think she has one of the larger ships I've read about in the agent bios and right now is alone on it.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:45 am

Will there be a thread in ADD Base of forming this group. I mean we do have several agents who do not know each other so perhaps a minor thread of recruiting or drafting for this group is in order.

Just a thought =P

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next