View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Suggestions for New Players 

Post Suggestions for New Players
Here is a good question, does anyone have advice on where the best place to make a first appearance would be, example: for a new Student, new Monster, new ADD Agent or a new SFA.

I have been looking around and there are no obvious -START HERE- choices, while I do have some experience with RP, other new players might not, and quite frankly, this place can be confusing, I was happily lost for quite a few hours just checking the place out!

Anyway, since there are so many potential starting places, I thought I'd ask for your opinions. This may actually be beneficial since on most boards similar to this there are obvious places for your first introductory posts, after that you are free to roam at will, that does tend to cut down on the sensory overload!

Love the site, this place is going to be fun!

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:35 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Suggestions for New Players
Excellent question, miss. :D Most students, from what I can see, seem to prefer start their threads with their arrival to Shokushu, either interacting with other new students/older students, or getting ambushed by a monster. There really doesn't seem to be any common starting spot here, but I think it generally doesn't matter since it's quite similar to colleges, where you get your own schedule and are usually left to your own devices.

That's the vibe I get anyway. -shrugs-

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 am

It really depends on what you want to encounter first. Some students prefer their first posts to be with a student either to get a tour of things or perhaps some early warnings of whats to come (though most dont listen to the advice until after they get raped =P). A student only thread would be in the commons. But as far as monsters go, it really can be anywhere depending on what your student does or where the monster decides to strike or lure the student to.

As for monsters, they dont need an introduction usually though some do a unique first encounter depending on how familiar the monster is to humans. Otherwise they can appear anywhere anytime unless the monster had set its on limits.

Pretty much any place can be a starting area. Really depends on you and your partners. For first threads (or all threads for that matter) I prefer not to make open threads. I find it more enjoyable to speak to a student/monster directly and plan something out. Also shows you really want to rp with them which is nice too *nods nods*. Keep an eye out for active players and look up their profiles, I'm sure there is something out there to work with ^^

Enjoy!

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:19 am

I'd say one of the best places to start would be either in the student commons (if you wish to meet the other girls in a more intimate setting) or the dorms (if you want to move in and find a blob on your bed). It's all your call, considering it's your destiny and whatnot.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

when i started about a month ago, i found an area of interest for me. aka basement, then i put a thread out in the Searching for a partner. and along with that, some of the people who read my profile and were interested, i started a thread with them. Needless to say, there are many possibilites for people to start.

Also you may want to find a person in the area you like and then find the one you would best like to rp with. It makes for good reading. Just going through the types of threads they have put out. And depending on what type of character you have, you may want to start in certain places. (aka, bad student= start out with detention in basement, or good student = classrooms.)

x.x my thoughts are jumbled so i hope this helps.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:42 pm

That's good advice. ^^ I was in a dilemma as to where I should start Tonomi when I realized, duh she's a tennis player, where would I be?=the courts of course. =p
This thread should be promoted as a sticky, imo. =3

Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]