View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Rule re-write 

Location: Either flying through the sky or in the Thousand Blossom Garden.
Post Rule re-write
OK so after the discussion that went on in the Monster Creation Rules thread it became apparent that the rules that have been posted for the Shokushu forums have become out of date. After that thread started to de down I contacted SB and offered to do a re-write and update of the rules to help make them reflect more accurately on what is/is not acceptable for Shokushu. Uni flaring up delayed this, but finally I present a re-written version of the rules for comment/review. Any suggestions for modifications are welcome, or if you think something is too vague to be effective and needs to be clarified.

RULES REGARDING MONSTER AND STUDENT CREATION/BIOS

Students are humans (Female, and generally young adult with the youngest being 18). What this means is that if you want to act like something non-human (for example a cat-girl) than you may have a costume that you can dress up in that gives you that appearance, but underneath that costume a student is human. A student's abilities are what you expect from a human, and while magic users do in fact attend campus limiters developed by N.I.C.E. labs ensure that all extraordinary abilities that could be used to fight back are reduced to 10% effectiveness. This is designed primarily to limit magic but it also affects physical capabilities (so even if someone is a master mage/black belt on earth at Shokushu their abilities are not good enough to fight back and win). This is not an environment designed to give students a chance, and in a scene a monster, no matter how weak, is expected to be able to defeat, and (obviously) rape, a student, no matter how strong.

Monsters are just that - monsters. They do not have to instantly cause a shriek and a student to flee upon seeing them, simply different enough that a human would go "wait ... What?" upon seeing them for the first time in their true form. (Of course this is just a minimum level of difference, monsters are free to make themselves much more intimidating/scary if they so desire.) An excellent example of a monster that passes the minimum of this rule, and yet would not instantly terrify anyone who saw it, is a mermaid. Imagine your reaction upon seeing such a thing in real life.

Monsters are fantasy creatures. They are not an animal that wanders around on earth now, nor are they large versions of any existing animal. They may demonstrate kinship with a known animal but must have enough differences that it is not in any way considered bestiality. If we want to watch dogs fucking we can look out the window. We don't want it in here.

Some examples might make the limits for this clearer:

- A monster related to a wolf but walking on two legs, wearing clothing, able to talk and hold items, showing other than animal intelligence etc. is allowed. Just being lupine in general appearance is acceptable.
- A bull is banned (Real life animal alive today), but a Minotaur (Mythological beast) is allowed so long as it displays advanced intelligence along with its beast-like aspect.
- a dinosaur (Real animal, but extinct) is allowed with appropriate modifications to ensure it acts as a monster. Again it should at minimum display an advanced intelligence, not act as a beast driven by genetic urges.

ROLEPLAY

We try to do the minimum here to avoid inhibiting creative and enjoyable roleplay. But some restrictions are necessary to maintain the theme of the roleplay for the benefit of all players. Rather than try and cover every eventuality of what is allowed, it is easier to give examples of what this game is *not*. If you wish to go into these areas there are many other roleplays available to suit every taste, or you can play without restriction in private.

It is not:
A bestiality board - Just in case this has not been made clear enough in the section regarding monster creation it is repeated here. There is to be no bestiality or anything of that nature.

It is not:
A cuddle fest - Monsters and students do NOT sit on a sofa kissing and cuddling. There are a number of monsters that engage in dialogue with students. Some even act friendly and pretend to be an ally. But no matter how a monster acts they are a monster. Any relationship between a student and monster should be about the monster attempting to get into a position where he/she/it can have sex with the student. Of course there are limits to this. Subtle manipulation is fine, offering something in exchange (regardless of your intention to actually give that thing) is fine. Flirting generally isn't.

The student body here is constantly at the mercy of evil lust-crazed monsters. This is not an environment that promotes the students seeking friendly interactions with aforementioned monsters. The monsters view the students as the targets of their lust. Students should not cuddle up against monsters (well without some serious manipulation on the part of the monster. With the key phrase being manipulation rather than flirting). Monsters should not ask students out for romantic strolls along the beach. Monsters should NEVER apply 'tender kisses', unless by doing so they are trying to wear away at a student's mind and make them more submissive. It is understood that some monsters' mode of attack is to appear as a normal person ... lull the student into a false sense of security and/or seduce them ... then when escape is impossible (or in some cases a student is aroused so much that she does not WANT to escape) reveal their true nature and attack. Some monsters however, have forgotten to attack! Monsters who do not act monstrously are not monsters and they have no place in the board. Similarly, when a student realises that a monster is indeed a foul creature she should act as if her person is in jeopardy. She should not sit on the couch with a monster and scratch him behind the ears. If a monster and student wish to be a bit more tender to each other than the board intends they should go private or go somewhere else such as the Space area where relationships may develop.

It is not:
A BDSM board - While exclusive private schools have a reputation for being strict and metering out discipline that is not the purpose of the channel. In the past some students would 'misbehave' for the purposes of receiving punishment in a scene. The only scene-style punishment a student should receive is to be attacked by a monster for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, so to speak. Alternatively, for some sort of infraction, a student could be instructed to perform some service that would put them in position where a monster attack might be more apt to happen (e.g. told to go sweep up an empty classroom, or pick up trash along a trail in the forest, or volunteer service at N.I.C.E. Labs).

Also note that the administration of punishment is the responsibility of the School teaching staff (the Ops in IRC, the Admin/Moderators on the board) and those students who have crossed over to the 'dark side' (Head Girls and Prefects). Monsters have no authority to do so. If a student and/or monster do wish to explore the discipline/punishment aspects, however, they should feel free to use the Basement portion of the board. That's what it's for. Also as players they can have characters in the Deep Space part of the board where BDSM is more common, but only Monster Chars can exist on Shokushu itself and in space at the same time. A student cannot enter space, nor can any Agent or SFA land on Shokushu.

It is not:
A super powered fight board - Conflict is a good thing. A terrified girl struggling against a monster's advances adds spice to a scene and is highly encouraged. All out fights where the student is suddenly as powerful as the monster is frowned upon. The purpose of the channel is the rape of the students by the monsters... not a student beating a monster senseless. We do acknowledge that this is a hentai themed website and channel and in hentai there are numerous examples of highly skilled or even powered young girls battling against monstrous hordes... but remember one important thing. They lose. Take the example of La Blue Girl. She is a young student herself and a formidable ninja.... she can hold her own for a short time against some lust-crazed a monster but ultimately the monster will overcome her and rape her silly. So it is here at Shokushu. Also remember about the limiters that were mentioned earlier? They ensure that even if a student somehow had the ability to fight on an even playing field to a monster she will be massively outclassed.

It is not:
A magical fantasy - Since there are examples of magic and other 'special abilities' in hentai (e.g. Twin Angels) it is allowed for student's to have magic/other special abilities but only minor spells/incantations (this means no flying, no shapechange or life threatening blasts). Magic should never give a student a chance at an even fight against a monster. In RP terms, to keep the level of power down to manageable levels, hidden all over the island, unbeknownst to the student body are N.I.C.E. Labs Inhibitors. They suppress extraordinary abilities. Magic, psionics, skills, or characteristics above human norm are suppressed. A student might retain some of the abilities, but they are reduced to about 10% above normal for a human girl (NOT 10% of their assumed uninhibited power). Any magic is, at best, a minor irritation for a monster (For a more in depth idea of what can and can not be done with magic go read Advice for new students concerning Magic. A student might have limited skills but after a brief contest they too will succumb to the monster's lustful advances. If a long drawn out battle royale is something a visitor is looking for, please respect the intent of the channel and play such a scene privately or create your character for the ADD or Deep Space forums.

It is not:
A lesbian board or monster-on-monster board - All IC threads in the 'Shokushu' section of the board should be between a student and a monster. There can be multiple of each, but there must be at least one student and at least one monster in the thread by the end of the second page. For pure student/pure monster threads go to the respective thread in the 'Safe Zone' section of the board.

It is not:
A master/slave board - Shokushu has evolved over the years, and since this particular topic is a core part of the Shokushu universe (after all, every student at Shokushu is intended to be sold as a sex slave to some alien culture) it has evolved as well. The core premise has remained the same, each and every student (including prefects and head girls) is owned by the school. A Monster may decide to 'help' teach a student her place/fate and 'enslave' her, but this must NOT interfere with the student's duties to the school (well any-more than being raped by a monster would). Just because a student is a slave does not mean the master is above the rules when dealing with 'his/her/its' student. Any master/slave relationship is secondary to the fact that Shokushu owns each and every student. Being the specific slave of a monster does not make you immune to other monster attacks, although it may change how you react to certain monsters. A monster who goes beyond the limits in claiming ownership of a student is likely to have their hunting license withdrawn, and possibly even having Madison sent to take that monster down. For fully committed monster/girl relationships use characters away from the school in Space.

For those in space Yautja is on the prowl for new trophies

For a list of my chars go to here

Last edited by Seraph on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Rule re-write
In regards to the last point, the slave/master issue.

I was just thinking the other day that that rule perhaps ought to say something not just of the relationship between monsters and students, but perhaps headgirl/prefects and students as well?

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:43 pm
Profile YIM

Im going to have to respond to what was put for magic, especially when yours and my threads already go beyond puffs of smoke.

Shai asked my opinion about this awhile back since I had asked if I was getting in too much trouble with Kanoe's rps (which I was told I was not). After giving my thoughts this was provided...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3765

That gives a bit more insight in the supernatural abilities out there. With aliens, demons, and other worldly beings that are more less beyond normal comprehension, taking advantage of a growing potential is a way of baiting a student besides the standard disguise routine.

Im completely aware of why the rule was made as it is to avoid turning the threads into episodes of dragonball z. But making magic just puffs of smoke with no growth is useless. That would make situations like the summon a monster and get raped by it impossible.

So i suggest not making such a blunt rule with the threads that have been done and are currently going.

A Quick Edit: When I made Kanoe, I did state that while I was going to breach the puff of smoke limit (mainly since other characters were already doing so in the first place) but was aware that Kanoe would lose at any attempts to resist the monsters. Sorry if it seems I am lashing out but seeing that same parameter thrown out there after spending 3 years working on this character was a bit of a slap in the face T.T

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:09 pm

Location: Either flying through the sky or in the Thousand Blossom Garden.
@Pia: That is a good point, but also one I don't know much about. Does that all fall under the guise of disciplining students? Since I don't really understand how that works I'll hold off adding a note to the master/slave section specifically aimed at Head Girls/prefects relations with students, but as soon as that gets clarified for me I'll write something up.

@Kanoe: You don't have to appologise, I understand quite well where you are coming from and probably should have realised that section needed a little more updating than I gave it. #-o

How is this for an edited version?

It is not:
A magical fantasy - Since there are examples of magic and other 'special abilities' in hentai (e.g. Twin Angels) it is allowed for student's to have magic/other special abilities but only minor spells/incantations (this means no flying, no shapechange or life threatening blasts). Magic should never give a student a chance at an even fight against a monster. In RP terms, to keep the level of power down to manageable levels, hidden all over the island, unbeknownst to the student body are N.I.C.E. Labs Inhibitors. They suppress extraordinary abilities. Magic, psionics, skills, or characteristics above human norm are suppressed. A student might retain some of the abilities, but they are reduced to about 10% above normal for a human girl (NOT 10% of their assumed uninhibited power). Any magic is, at best, a minor irritation for a monster (For a more in depth idea of what can and can not be done with magic go read Advice for new students concerning Magic. A student might have limited skills but after a brief contest they too will succumb to the monster's lustful advances. If a long drawn out battle royale is something a visitor is looking for, please respect the intent of the channel and play such a scene privately or create your character for the ADD or Deep Space forums.

For those in space Yautja is on the prowl for new trophies

For a list of my chars go to here

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:29 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

PiaM. wrote:
In regards to the last point, the slave/master issue.

I was just thinking the other day that that rule perhaps ought to say something not just of the relationship between monsters and students, but perhaps headgirl/prefects and students as well?

It's fairly similar, if I understand your question properly. Head Girls may be toys of the Headmasters, Prefects toys of the HG's, and students toys of anyone with more power. But none of that makes any of them exclusive in relationships. They still 'belong' to the school institution first and they are still considered accessible for ravaging.

I hope that clarifies it a bit but if not, please let us know what needs to be sorted out so everyone can understand how it should work.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 pm

I think that will be fine.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:10 pm

@ Stormbringer: That was pretty much what I where wondering about. Thanks :)

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 pm
Profile YIM

Uhm, it seems to me that you forgot the "maternity ward" part of the rules. The reasoning behind them seemed sound to me. I have been away for quite a while, was there a change of understanding regarding that matter? If not, you should add them, just to be sure.

Ongoing RPs:
Thoraks RP List,

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 am

It's in the main rules.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]