View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NICE Labs--A Question About a Possible RP Scenario 

Post NICE Labs--A Question About a Possible RP Scenario
I'm working on a thread idea with Siferous for the NICE Labs (sorry for the long delay, Sif :oops:). It would be separated into two parts. The first would be set up as a prequel of sorts for the return of Sondra and her friends Kat, and Sam. It would sort of explain all, or at least some, of her many 'disappearances' up to and including her more recent absence.

I imagine Sondra being abducted by NICE Labs on numerous occasions and used as a human guinea pig for their scientific research. Some of their experiments may be neurologically-related. This could account for Sondra having trouble remembering everything that has happened to her during her many 'absences', her strange dreams about needles, cold tables, and men in white coats and the debilitating headaches she gets whenever she tries to think too hard about the circumstances of her odd dreams and memory loss. Or it could just be the NICE Labs scientists way of covering their tracks before releasing her back onto the campus.

Other experiments could be thought up along the way.

As for Sam and Kat's involvement in this thread...well I suppose that they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I've been looking for some ideas to use in Part Two, which would take place in the present, and would involve a return trip to the Labs. Perhaps something to do with genetics (human cloning, mainly--I saw this sort of thing take place in the labs before, and I thought it might be fun to try out). I was also hoping to come up with something that would sort of give my character an excuse for hanging around the campus, even after she has reached the age where she should have already 'graduated' from Shokushu.

I saw some sites online that had to do with the continual scientific research for potentially halt and even reverse aging, and I thought it would be perfect for providing a way to keep Sondra around for a while longer.

If (and I stress the "if" here) I went with the reverse-aging approach (which I suppose would be sort of a sci-fi take on the "Fountain of Youth, though there could be other ways to do it...I haven't read that far into the subject yet), she wouldn't end up much younger than she is right now. 18 would be the absolute youngest--I know the age-restriction rules :P.

23 or 24 might be youngest I would go here. If I went any younger, it may be a little too noticeable, and there would likely be certain...inconvenient questions raised by her peers about the subject. Of course, NICE Labs might find their own ways around that...

For the purposes of role-playing here, merely stopping the aging process may be the safer route.

I wasn't sure whether or not this kind of thing would be allowed for Shokushu role-play, or if it would strictly be an ADD only thing, so I thought I'd mention it to the higher-ups here before I went ahead with it.

"The best thing to do would be to designate everywhere as clothing optional, and we could leave little fenced in areas for the prudes to prance around in. Call them "Prudist Camps." They could peer out of their fences and indulge in their offensive "I'm offended" behavior whenever they saw a natural person walk by, without bothering the rest of us."--Anon

Bio

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:52 pm

Post Re: NICE Labs--A Question About a Possible RP Scenario
That one's going to be a toughie. I'll have to think that one over, but to be honest I can't think of any scientific way to do it.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:34 am
Profile WWW

One word Nanobots.

Calidare Art Gallery

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:52 am
Profile YIM WWW

How do you think Madison turned from human to slimegirl?

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 am
Profile WWW

Well knowing your character, by Magic. heh

Calidare Art Gallery

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 am
Profile YIM WWW

Nope. No magic was used.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 am
Profile WWW

I don't know about age reversal. But I do know that in another SciFi RPG they have drugs called anagathics or something (Agni plays it and isn't home right now) that are very rare and very expensive that rich guys use to stay the same age. That seems usable here.

If you go that route, they could have been using those drugs on Sondra from the beginning. But more important than the aging thing is how to explain Sondra to other students. Once Sondra's friends are out of the way, sold at slave auction or as ADD agents, they need only keep the average student from noticing that she's still around. The only things that I can think of at this late hour are minor plastic surgeries and memory altering so that she thinks she's Cindi McDonald or Linda Van Ryan. Or putting her on ice for four years at a time so that students see her as an older student just starting.

I'm sure you can do it. And I'm sure there's a way for NICE Labs to make it happen. They always have our best interests at heart. :P I can only think of magic as a method of achieving age regression. And that seems outside the realm of NICE Labs.

I hope this helps.

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:03 am

There are a few monsters with genetic alterations that im more then sure would enjoy to do it for
a price ;)

Calidare Art Gallery

Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:25 am
Profile YIM WWW

Well memory wiping would be easy for the labs to perform. De-aging now that one is a bit tricky to pull off. The basic concept would be to keep her body from wearing out, so nano machines could be used. The nano machines could be programmed to keep her hair from graying, skin from wrinkling, and all the other stuff associated with aging. I don't honestly the human body physically changes between 18 - 40, or I haven't noticed any changes. The nano bots could also be programmed to keep her from remembering her time at the lab. The easiest way I can think of for her being around so long is that she is studying for her masters or phd. The only other thing I can think of is to de-age her to 18 and have the labs erase every ones memory of her, and start her back as a incoming freshmen.

Edit:

Something I just remembered. The labs could of been taking data on sondra while she was visiting the labs. I say this because they could of been taking DNA samples, copying her memories etc. I say this because they could then implant the dna and memories into some one else body creating a carbon copy of sondra. It be a lot more stable then a clone, but the labs would need a lot of data on sondra to pull it off.

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:23 am

Carbon copy is the same thing as a clone.

But yeah, this antiaging thing would be extremely complex, and would require multipule trips to sustain it.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

It would be far simpler just to have some special arrangement for mature students to be taking some form of advanced learning beyond graduation. This could be justified on the school's side by there being requests from the visitors that certain girls be retained because they are especially entertaining.

It could still be combined with some form of slowdown of aging but wouldn't require having to fix it for them to keep taking their final year over again.

Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 am

I didn't even think of post graduate study. That makes sense and would be the simplest to implement. I think that's also been used in a vampire film or two where the undergraduates talk about "rumour has it that Cindi's been here forever."

Perhaps charge a fee to the island's clients to keep a student longer to pay for the anti-aging treatment. The school would still want to be able to sell her when they've used her up. They wouldn't get a premium on the auction block for a 40 year old student. ;)

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Hmm...Wow, that's a lot to take in. I'm going to have to sit down a while and think about how I wanna do this.

Thanks for all your help on this so far everybody. :)

"The best thing to do would be to designate everywhere as clothing optional, and we could leave little fenced in areas for the prudes to prance around in. Call them "Prudist Camps." They could peer out of their fences and indulge in their offensive "I'm offended" behavior whenever they saw a natural person walk by, without bothering the rest of us."--Anon

Bio

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:03 pm

With how advanced Shokushu is, would it be possible to just add some Graduate courses. May attract more students knowing they do not have to worry about finding a Grad school upon finishing their undergrad degree. *shrugs* Guess thats the same as advanced learning though :oops:

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Anagathics is the drug I think was mentioned earlier, but that only halts aging. It does not reverse it.
Age reversal, assuming super-technology, wouldn't necessarily be that difficult though. Even these days we can use hormone therapy to change a person's gender, to a degree. Merely adjusting hormonal production to more youthful standards via nanobots or some sort of medicinal therapy seems like it would help tremendously. Alternatively, you could use an advanced form of epigenetics to directly reset the genes in the victim's DNA, turning on "younger" genes and switching off "older" genes. Genes activate and switch off themselves as you age, so reversing the process is bound to help. Now of course, she's already in an older body, but with surgery extraneous flesh can be removed bit by bit under sedation and the body allowed to heal, possibly aided by regenerative technology, into a nubile young shape. Of course her bone structure would not be likely to change, but again, aggressive, direct reshaping can give her a youthful figure. (I would recommend allowing the bones to stay as is, perhaps. Being the same shape but attaining fresh, girlish skin and other traits would make her seem young, but most observers would convince themselves they're imagining the change due to her consistent stature. She'd feel and seem young, particularly to herself, but to others she'd only have seemed to become healthier or have lost weight, in their minds.)

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:47 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next