View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 What is a Monster ? 

Post What is a Monster ?
I was recently pondering the question of what is a monster in terms of Shokushu. Well the simple answer to this would be a monster is any creature who rapes a female student on campus. Though that answer is rather vague, since there are a number of monsters who do just that. The issue with this is that Shokushu is a text based sci-fi hentai rpg. So in that context what is a monster ? How should a monster act ? Granted there are a number of ways for a monster to act in order to get what they want. Seduction, manipulation, force, ambushing, and other things can be considered in a monster tool kit of how a monster should act. Some of these things how ever require a human form to perform. In that case what should a monsters true form look like ? You can see that there are a number of questions that go along with what is a monster? This topic wasn't written for the purpose of having a single definition on what a monster is. Instead its here to promote a discussion on what a monster is in terms of shokushu, so that we can have a better understanding of the topic.

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Post Re: What is a Monster ?
Interesting idea.

For this RPG, the monster have to be interesting in human girls, which leads to them needing a reason to do it. Be it for pleasure, reproduction (even if it fails), or an attempt at communication (that would be neat).

Most of what I've seen is for Pleasure, which lends itself well to monster's being able to talk to the girls. I chose a different route as I kinda plan for a more in depth chase and capture.

Also, I wanted a monster that no one could call cute XD

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Interesting, my idea of a monster is anything that performs monstrous acts in the eyes of the students. Whether it be rape, betrayal, torture, lying, humiliation, ect. The reasoning behind the acts makes a monster more "evil" based on the students view of the justification as well. Too justified, and selfless (without blame or for a greater good) and your monster turns to a victim in another light while still perpertraing monstrous acts, which for the purposes of these boards should honestly be avoided. The monster must not necessarily be evil, whether carrying out acts for reasons of instinct, its their job, fullfilling needs, ect, but again should be viewed so by the student, which makes it fit right in. Monsters come in all shape and sizes. The greater physical, mental, or emotional assualt the better the monster in my opinion. The why, being sometimes as equally if not more important, than the how.

What truely drives these boards, as Pia points out is what the partner (the student) is looking for. Whether it is a chance to explore their character, the need for a good conversation, a chance to explore their character's darker side, or simply a snatch and grab to have her taken. The chance to be awed, terrified, or simply an exploration of the imagination... its why we watch horror movies. A good monster should deliver.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7278

Last edited by alexvano on Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:38 pm

I do not think there is a solid 100% answer to that question. A monster should be something different from a human, but simply defining this in matters of appearance or power is difficult, if not impossible.

When I am looking for a monster for Pia to encounter, I want someone who can leave her awed, thrilled or terrified (or all of the above). There must also be some sort of feeling of danger, but it does not have to be obvious. And the chance to experience good sex, obviously :lol: I guess that can be done with appearance, what powers it yield or they way it acts (or a combination of the above).
If I was presented with basically a human boy with a couple of random powers or traits , I would probably not be too keen. All due respect to Twillight fans, but I do not see Edward taking Pia on a rollercoaster ride of terror and forbidden lust.

To be honest, I think my own monster, the pixies, is actually stretching it. I was very unsure when I got the idea, that is why I aired it in the Roleplay Discussions area before writing the actual profile, I was quite aware that this might not be something people would approve off. I think they work mainly because there is absolutely no chance they would ever pass as a human, and they are 100% amoral.
I'd still like to try something different one day, perhaps something more clearly alien, perhaps something adapted to space, the labs or the basement.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:40 pm
Profile YIM

Interesting responses so far. I do have to agree with many of these points in that a monster should not be viewed as nice, unless it is part of the deception or ploy to get the student into a sort of false sense of security. They have to have a certain method or characteristics about them. I think it might be important to think that they might be usable in a students development and plot. What ever the end goal of that plot might be in the end. In that regard while the monsters are seen as vacationers on holiday, and Shokushu is built to accommodate this activity of raping young girls. Unknown to the small percentage of students who are attacked. That they are being conditioned in order to be sold at the slave pens after their graduation. In that case don't the monsters sort of serve as unpaid trainers, who unknowingly train these girls for their ultimate fate ? I was also wondering what makes a female creature a monster or SFA ?

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Mon May 02, 2011 7:16 am

I can field the last question.

Monster: Hunts both SFAs and ADD.
SFA: Tends to work with the ADD.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Mon May 02, 2011 8:09 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]