View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Shokushu Outdoor Exploration Club AKA the Tramps 

Post The Shokushu Outdoor Exploration Club AKA the Tramps
I mentioned in this thread a random idea I had, for a club similar to a scout organization or somesuch, mainly intended as a plot hook to get students out and into the range of monsters. I did not post it in the mentioned thread because it got too long, and I do not want to clutter the original thread.

Thinking about it some more, I jotted down some ideas, and even made a few doodles (some who I might work with later, should I have the time). I am not sure if there is any interest in an organization like this, but having put some thought into it, I'd feel stupid not posting it somewhere, and maybe it could spark some new interest in clubs and student activities.

It is written mostly tongue in cheek, obviously.

Quote:
The Shokushu Outdoor Exploration Club, popularly called the Scouts or the Tramps is formed for the benefit of students who likes exploring the outdoors. Activities includes things like hiking, camping, rock climbing, swimming, and off road biking.

While primarily focused on being recreation for students who likes the outdoors, or who needs a change of scenery from the dorms and the campus, the Scouts also combines this with more academic pursuits, botanical excursions as an example.

The scouts are also eager to show themselves in a good light by showing their loyalty to the school. For instance, it is not impossible that members might be asked to volunteer for such things as cleaning up neglected parts of the basement or even being asked to assist in the lab. A rare honor, for sure!

The Scouts are perhaps best known for their uniforms. While the scout uniform does not have the same status as the official school uniform, but the administration,demonstrating a keen interest in the club, has been kind enough to provide outfits for the members, and many take pride in their signature clothing.

The uniform consists of the following:

*A beret and a scarf, both in colors determined by rank (see below).

*The main uniform, consisting of a shirt and either a skirt or shorts. For some reason, the shirts have a tendency to be a bit small, causing girls with a large chest to have problems with buttons popping when subjected to strain. Girls with this problem can order new ones, off course, or just leave the topmost part unbuttoned.
The shirt is pale green, and the skirt a slightly darker shade.

*A belt.

*The school has also kindly provided boots, but due to some mistake or other it seems they received
a shipment with elevated heels, enough to be impractical in such hypothetical situations as having to run from someone. Members are advised to purchase their own footwear, or not try to use only moderate speed when outrunning hypothetical pursuers.

Off course, the Scouts will use any type of clothing appropriate to the current activity. With a group of free-spirited girls out and about in nature, away from the eyes of authority, it is not unknown that clothes may be abandoned altogether.

The Scouts do have an internal ranking system. This is not a very strict system, but merely to ensure that someone with a little experience is at hand, in case of an emergency (which pratically never happens anyway) should arise while camping overnight and such.
Basic members wear green berets and scarves. More experienced members wear blue ones, and senior members wear red.
In order to ensure these leaders do have mental endurance as well as physical skills, the candidates for promotion will be tested before given their new rank. Always concerned with the well being of students,the administration helps with this, often arranging tests for the scouts. The basement is often used for this. It is impolite to pry about these tests, obviously. Being told beforehand is cheating!

The ranking system carries no authority outside of the scouts, but prefects who join is automatically assigned the second rank.

As with any group, the Scouts have their own customs and unofficial rituals. Many enjoy scaring each others by telling stories of monsters around the campfire. Some have even managed to convincingly disguise themselves as monsters. All in jest and good cheer, of course.

There is a chance that a new member might be subjected to certain initiatory rituals on her first outing, this might either be considered a hazing ritual or a warm welcome, depending on the girl. But rumors of such initiation being of a nature beyond what is considered decent are surely fabrications. If a scout leader should see something like this, she would surely join in intervene after she has finished observing, even at the risk of having the playful mob turn on herself.

The Tramps have devised many handy guidelines for outdoor activities on Shokushu Island, such as two and two girls sharing sleeping bags and blankets, in order to cut down on things to carry. Sunscreen is also important in such a sunny climate, so the girls are encouraged to spend quite some time help each other applying it to as much of each others anatomy as humanly possible.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: The Shokushu Outdoor Exploration Club AKA the Tramps
I think as long as the unofficial stuff does not become public or otherwise well known it should be fine. Much like the Prefects and Head Girls, its best to keep the secrets in house and do not spread them to the other students. Else that might hurt membership. Or maybe it will increase memberships with some of these students XD.

Unfortunately, I don't have a character that would do such outdoor things willingly. Though maybe the scouts will require something from Vera someday *nods nods*.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon May 09, 2011 9:43 pm

The dirty secrets would probably be well kept. In fact, if the administration does control the club, it might actually be it's purpose. Girls not on the list are kept together, mostly, and sent on trips to areas where no monsters are known to have their lairs. Groups with girls who are known to have been selected might be sent to places where the monsters do roam. Maybe as a service to the monsters who are more obvious, and can not disguise themselves as well, and thus are more likely to stay away from the campus. Thus monsters are happy, and the untouched girls will comfirm everything is perfectly safe ("Those silly rumors? We have spent like a ton of nights in the thick of the jungle, and nothing bad happened at all!").

And if something that does need denying happens, one could always pin the blame on a poor scout leader..

As for characters who are likely to join, that was a reason I was hesitant to post it at all, to be honest. I do not know if there are enough of the wholesome, sporty outdoor type of girls around. But if there are some, and they have fun with it, I guess the club will serve its purpose.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon May 09, 2011 9:55 pm
Profile YIM

Well assuming its approved, I think as long as one member has at least the leader or higher ranking scout in play it should be fine. I mean we really only have one active Head Girl and Prefect at the moment but its enough to at least show they have presence in the setting.

Then scouts could get 'recruits' by sending some of the more troublesome students to the scouts as a sort of community service type thing. Join a recreational activity or risk being expelled type thing. Just tossing ideas around :oops:

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon May 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I'm sure Leriana would be more than happy to volunteer to assist in such a program ... even without Vera having to say a word. ^-^
To anyone surprised by the revelation that Leriana is a massive suck-up to the administration, teachers and head girls: There are tentacle monsters on Shokushu :p

For a list of my chars go to here

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Tue May 10, 2011 3:18 am

What tentacle monsters? There are not tentacle monsters on Shokushu island. [/officalmode] :P

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Tue May 10, 2011 6:23 am
Profile WWW

Tentacle monsters? No, no, that is just a campfire tale to scare new recruits. Everyone knows the island is totally safe 8-[

@Leriana: I am sure the scouts would benefit greatly from having a respected student like yourself along!

Kanoe wrote:
Then scouts could get 'recruits' by sending some of the more troublesome students to the scouts as a sort of community service type thing. Join a recreational activity or risk being expelled type thing. Just tossing ideas around :oops:

That could be an angle. It could also benefit students who are troublesome to have some sort of mini community to be loyal to, if they do not fit with the student body as a whole.

If the idea is approved, I am considering Pia trying out as a recruit. She knows very well that the outdoors are dangerous, but might want to get away from the school from time to time anyway. She might think being with a group will provide some safety, a theory I expect it will take exactly one thread to disprove :lol:

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:11 pm
Profile YIM

You know, I don't think this is the sort of thing that can be made an offical school group to be honest...

But it can be fine as a little student-run thing.

Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 pm
Profile WWW

Well, I did imagine it as mainly student run, but with some official backing (and behind the scenes manipulation). But I suppose it could exist purely as a student club. Perhaps some of it's more ambitious leaders might hope to achieve a more official status sometime in a hypothetical future.

Student run or school run, I suppose it will rarely make any difference in actual play anyway.

Basically, what I was hoping for was to create an avenue for student characters to have a new venue for RPing (not everyone wants to play a mage, a prefect or do yuri romances XD), and to give monsters a new variety of uniforms to tear off. All else is details, as far as I am concerned, and I have no problem with my ideas being changed to fit better.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue May 10, 2011 8:27 pm
Profile YIM

*Nods* And the uniforms can be made up by other students.

Wed May 11, 2011 1:08 am
Profile WWW

A sari makes for a practical uniform. Although the monsters might not appreciate having to get through the six metres of fabric. :D

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Wed May 11, 2011 2:14 am

Oh, I would not say that, Bala. A sari is cute, and maybe some monsters appreciate uncovering such a nicely wrapped present :mrgreen:

I don't think the uniforms will be the biggest issue. Most of it would not be too difficult to get for most students. If it is not an official uniform, every uniform would probably not have to be 100% correct anyway.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Wed May 11, 2011 7:34 pm
Profile YIM

Well, the Indian army has an optional sari uniform for women. I'm sure our sari uniform would be much cuter! :D

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Thu May 12, 2011 1:15 am

I am sure the Tramps would welcome Bala taking the initiative to a sari uniform workshop!

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Thu May 12, 2011 7:23 pm
Profile YIM

I think Ro would fit in with such a group quite well - given her tendency to end up 'back to nature' quite often :)

Although Ro would probably suggest that the 'official' uniform be skyclad :)

SFA: Lorielle, Star Faerie Princess

Tue May 24, 2011 3:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next