View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Help me choose a new character! 

Post Help me choose a new character!
Once, when I was rather new here, I made a topic like this, and I got a lot of good feedback, so I am trying again.

I have decided I would really like to make a new character. This is because I would like to play more of the field in the Shokushuverse, and have more variety in my threads. This does not mean I want to retire Pia. She is still my main, but I am more and more often getting the feeling I am sort of stuck in my ways with her, finding it hard to keep her interesting. Perhaps playing a completely different character might help.
I enjoy the pixies, but they are sort of a limited appeal, great for those who like them, probably not what many are looking for. Kind of like liquorice ice cream.

My new character will not be played as much as Pia, but will hopefully get a few threads from time to time. I got two that I have actually written (and re-written) profiles for, and that I consider the best alternatives, but I am not sure whom I should pick. I also got three less complete ideas, but I am putting them up anyway.

So, would you please look at my candidates, and tell me what you think? Just about any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Astrid (student). This one ties in with my earlier idea about a scout like student club, discussed elsewhere.

Astrid is an active, enthusiastic girl. She is also the de-facto leader (at least unless a better candidate takes her place) of the Outdoor Exploration Club, AKA the Girl Scouts, Cookies, or the Tramps. She is positive, outgoing, headstrong and relentlessly dedicated to whatever it is she is doing, which for now is her club. Nominally straight, she is willing to go far to make sure a new member feels welcome and comfortable amongst the scouts :wink: Has not met a monster yet, and even if she knew about them, she would never chicken out of her favourite activity because of some glorified bogeymen! A good tramp never gives up. She will mainly be used for scout related threads.

Her being a valid candidate sort of depends on if anyone else are still interested in my old idea, both monsters and girls.

Clanky (monster). Actually, his name is Maintenance Droid C14nk. Clanky is just his nickname. Normally a helpful droid designed to help with everything from carrying luggage to repairing spacecraft. However, some naughty aliens had a little fun modifying him, so he now engages in 'sex mode' when a suitable female with 'bodily parameters optimized for desirability' catches his fancy.

This one is pretty straightforward. He is a machine, with an endurance to match, and will usually fuck his victim until she passes out from exhaustion, then fix her computer (once a maintenance bot, always a maintenance bot). I like this one because he promises lots of direct action, for when I tire of being fancy.

Other ideas includes an outlaw (yet unnamed), who is a regular astronaut, unaware of all but the official truth about space, with no idea (initially), about pirates, slave trade, ADD or Shokushu. On a secret, extra-solar expedition, she must evacuate the ship, and drifts across space, hoping someone will notice her distress signal..

The cockwasps (seriously needs a new name). Inspired by my own drawing, those operate in swarms, and may be too similar to the pixies (although more merciless hive creatures, less mischievous troublemakers.

The dark mistress. Either a gladiatrix, using a whip and dressed in a yet black catsuit and a mask, or a monster with a feminine shape, a thing for whips, and possibly a horrifying visage behind her mask.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:00 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Help me choose a new character!
Well I gotta say Pia all of them sound awesome, glad your liking the idea of making an Outlaw though ^^ but to be honest all of them are just awesome, to try out,

Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:15 pm
Profile YIM

Thanks! If you were looking for one of them to partner with, which would you choose?

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:58 am
Profile YIM

Probably your OutLaw,

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:09 pm
Profile YIM

I think you do not give your current characters enough credit. I would love to have encounters with the pixies and Pia can develop in different direction both magical and not.

But with how focused some of your choices are, perhaps just make them all and just use whoever people are interested in XD. Your two monster ideas would give you some direct options with the option of going a bit further with the whole hive thing with the wasps. I have not read much on current encounters with outlaws so I am not sure if it is good or bad yet. Overall, the space area tends to be neglected but it has been picking up recently.

The arena is still relatively new and it all depends on finding opponents. So far, its been a bit limited but I am sure the monsters and other gladiatrixes would not mind more opponents to fight and dominate ^.^

Vera may have interest in the little club Astrid is making but that is assuming other students show interest in the option *nods nods*.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:55 pm

OK. Just clarifying here. I love my characters, Pia and the Pixies both. But sometimes, especially with Pia, I have periods where I find myself empty of ideas, and where I feel I have little progress. I also sometimes get ideas that are hard to realize with either of my characters, and having another in the stable might spice things up a bit.
This does not mean I am tired of any of them. I can imagine me at some point (in the future) letting the pixies drop to the wayside, but not Pia. Ever. I just feel some variety would be nice.

@roscoso: My outlaw is one of the characters I have given the least thought to, but also one with a lot of story potential. The idea was basically throwing a completely unprepared woman into Vanejin, with plenty of skills, but no awareness of what is really going on, and just see how the story develops.

@Kanoe: If Vera took an interest in the scouts, that might help moving things along a bit, but as you say, it depends on how many others would conceivably be interested in the club. I am almost tempted to just make her, and see how many she can engage.

The idea of launching several characters does make sense. Probably not all of them at once, though, perhaps two at first.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:38 pm
Profile YIM

Also note that it is another semester of college for many people so some things might not get kicked start very quickly. But, the worst that can happen is the profile collects dust until a later date ^.^.

And Vera always has an open door policy should Astrid wish to see her.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Those are some very good points. I did not think about the semester thing *nods*

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:32 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]