View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Shifting Venues 

Post Shifting Venues
So, I'm thinking of moving Elise to space... I adored her as the little pirate queen of Sho, but honestly, running her little guerilla operation properly was too much effort and time for me to handle, so I'm thinking of shipping her off to space. I figure the administration and monsters originally treated her efforts with bemusement but eventually got tired of it and decided to ship her off to space. I'm still figuring out the details of where I'm going to put her and in what state, and I'm being extra careful because, well, she's my little baby girl and I don't want to turn her in the wrong direction. Wherever she turns up, I want to stress plot and character growth with her. Especially since I'll be only running one, possibly two, scenes at a time with her, I want each or at least most to advance her in some way as a character. Not just rape for rape's sake. ;) Lovely as that is.

I guess the first question is where she is when I pick up with her. I think I want her put through the ringer pretty harshly before she finds herself in free space, not just right off the boat. I suppose I could just make it part of her new back story, but where's the fun in that? So, I figure I might start her off with two scenes, one in the slave pits taking place as essentially "flashback", another in the present day, so I can go ahead and get a running start bringing her wherever she's going to be. So, if anyone wants to propose an Elise in captivity scene, please do, but don't pull your punches. She spent her time in Shokushu with a relative amount of freedom, so I want to put her in a position where she's at a complete loss of control, where there's zero illusions of autonomy. Humiliation and dehumanization first and foremost.

Beyond the pits, I see two main options for her, both of which a supporting cast of friends or associates would be nice.

The first is that she ends up as a free agent, yanno, an outlaw. This sort of necessitates having a regular PC or two to hang with since, well, it's unlikely to imagine a possibility this soon out in the universe where she's qualified to do that kind of thing on her own. I've received an offer from a couple pirates and really, they seem to be the only game in town, but if anyone's got a counter offer while I consider my options, I'll be happy to entertain it. I kind of like this idea because, well, it gives her the opportunity to fall back into the same patterns she followed back in school, pretending to be a strategist and throwing herself behind a guerilla cause while surrounding herself by lean, pretty bodyguard girls. She does have a thing for tall, dark, and handsome and she does love someone who makes her feel safe.

The other option's bringing her into the ADD, which appeals to me because I've always been interested in exploring the structure and function of the organization. I picture the Directorate as corrupt and rather vicious both internally and externally, in part out of the nature of its business and in part out of the circumstances that tend to bring girls over. And with Kate Mercury taking a back seat, I think Elise is a good option for that. It plays well to her character, generally altruistic and defiant of authority but also pragmatic. It would be nice to reverse things by putting her in a situation where she can make a difference but it requires a level of ruthlessness outside her comfort zone. She was a big fish in a small pond at Sho, and this would be throwing her into the ocean. But that requires like minded people looking to explore some of the same ideas as me. Friends. Rivals. A mentor perhaps. Any takers? As far as specialties go, there's a need to be creative here. She's not exactly a front line infantry grunt, but then, exploring the departments of the organization beyond the standard commando is another thing that's interested me. Recon or intelligence. Or maybe some sort of medic or diplomatic position. Any thoughts about how to make that work while still making her open to interesting scenes would be greatly appreciated.

For that matter, I'd like to hear any thoughts at all. :D Look forward to playing with you guys again!

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:11 am

Post Re: Shifting Venues
ADD isn't THAT corrupt at all... Well, no more so then most modern militaries anyway. And they're tough but not vicious. Especally since if they do get picked up by anyone outside of the slave ships, it's the ADD that gets them.

Now on Discord, flarecobra#8525

Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:28 pm
Profile WWW

Madison wrote:
ADD isn't THAT corrupt at all... Well, no more so then most modern militaries anyway. And they're tough but not vicious. Especally since if they do get picked up by anyone outside of the slave ships, it's the ADD that gets them.

erm.... oooookay....

Well... Thanks for clarifying?

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:27 pm

When I'm not dead tired ill go over some of this with you if you'd like. I always envisioned the add being blindly corruption without meaning to be. Like they strike deals with bad people because they think in the long run, it'll help their kind. Kind of a "the sacrifice of these few girls can save a thousand." Also its kind of a given the higher up you go, the worse it gets but for the most part theyre women on s mission to save girls. I'm probably not making any sense, but I'm Hung over :/ and going back to bed lol

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:57 pm
Profile YIM

Shai Tanaka wrote:
When I'm not dead tired ill go over some of this with you if you'd like. I always envisioned the add being blindly corruption without meaning to be. Like they strike deals with bad people because they think in the long run, it'll help their kind. Kind of a "the sacrifice of these few girls can save a thousand." Also its kind of a given the higher up you go, the worse it gets but for the most part theyre women on s mission to save girls. I'm probably not making any sense, but I'm Hung over :/ and going back to bed lol

;) Yeah. I've got some of that same hangover thing going on myself. Was thinking of rolling back over in bed but I'm trying desperately to not be lazy.

I was picturing the same thing, in terms of corruption that builds at higher strata of the organization and compounded by the fact that a vast majority of the members are victims of brutal abuse. Climbing up in an organization where you face and are directly subjected to that sort of horrific trauma will likely breed officers with pretty broken minds and unconventional conceptions of what's justifiable. It's something I've tried to touch on in the ADD Database. Hopefully we can talk soon.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:01 pm

Not gonna lie but I was kinda seeing the ADD with some corruption and shady stuff going on as well. -shrugs- Just kinda seem to come naturally for something like the ADD, what with all the crap agents go through. I mean, it's kinda like that Nietzsche thing, the one where if all you do is fight monsters, you should be careful or you'd become one yourself.

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]