View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Realism Vs. Fantasy 

Post Realism Vs. Fantasy
Here is a nifty little thought for all of you girls and monsters alike...

Have been enjoying my rp over the course of the past 10 years or so, and have begun to notice a very interesting thing. A lot of people are getting into the realistic portions of rping violent things. For example, I had my character raping a friend, and she was mewling in pain, and whimpering. Her only real ability was that she could eventually heal herself at a quicker than average rate, so she could have more bad things done to her, more often.

What are your views on such rp? would you rather the girl end up enjoying the whole thing after a set period, or would you rather have more realistic things happening with the girl, such as pain throughout the rp, etc..?

I personally enjoy having such realistic situations, so long as there is no permanent physical harm.

Karen/Karin

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:41 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Realism Vs. Fantasy
To be honest I have the most fun when I feel my coauthor is into the story. I like both scenario's maybe favoring slightly towards the realistic not enjoying herself scenario, but I am just content either way. A good story with closure either ending in regret or belated joy after the ordeal works in my book, as long as the coauthor got what they were looking for. Whether that is being dominated and being forced to endure something that bring them pleasure against their will and eventually they start participating in seeking out more pleasure, or the whole time the fight and resist and explored their darksides of being used for someone elses pleasure.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7278

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:43 am

How 'realistic' things are generally change over time. When I first came to this sight, many of the students were reacting like one would in an anime or hentai either being extremely defiant or react purely in a comedic sort of way.

But it can vary from student to student due to how long they have been on the island and how much they have gone through. Kanoe started out fighting tooth and nail through most of her first encounters but gradually was broken down and shown how good it feels to just give in. She also changed how she coped with being raped since it has happened to her so often over her years on the island. Its kinda how the island is designed, break the students down to become better slaves in the future. Vera on the other hand knows exactly what is going on due to being a Head Girl and while she is allowed to resist, tends to be accepting of being raped simply because she knows why its happening and she knows she is for the most part safe. Cept when dealing with a certain zombie XD.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:51 am

I thinks most everyone wants a "realistic" scene. Part of the equation is that we are dealing with Anime realism for the most part. Generally, I don't want my girls to enjoy it. (It is rape after all.) But hentai has several examples where girls are raped and enjoy it. That is always because the monster causes them to like it, for whatever reason.

In that Something Twins hentai, they always try to get the girls to weaken so the monster can have sex with them. Once he does, they lose their powers and he can take over the world, etc. etc..

Vera wrote:
, tends to be accepting of being raped simply because she knows why its happening and she knows she is for the most part safe. Cept when dealing with a certain zombie XD.

There's no need for Vera to be so worried when dealing with a zombie. The handlers from Malekort had to make a sizable deposit when they delivered Gambo. And if he breaks any student, including a Head Girl, Malekort is financially responsible and must reimburse the school. So the danger to the school is minimal. ;) (And I really enjoy playing with Brain!. :))

Status: On hiatus. Finishing current threads. Not taking on new threads.
[A Bala production]

Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:49 am
Site Admin

I don't personally find anything erotic about real-life rape, which is of course more about fear and power than about sexual gratification. I have also yet to meet any woman who has been physically raped who would wish to relive it as a fantasy without it turning out differently.

The theme of this site has always been rough and non-consensual sex between girls and monsters. Naturally it would get boring if they all just rolled over onto their backs after a minute and spread their legs wide. The degree of resistance is down to individuals but the fantasy, common in hentai, is that those girls do become sexually aroused against their will. Whether they are happy about that after the event is again down to individuals. But I would certainly find it disturbing if it became a common theme of this roleplay that females got nothing out of it but fear, pain and trauma.

Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:44 pm

It depends on the nature of the scene and, to a larger extent, the character in question. I think breaking it down into a binary argument where realism is defined by nothing but pain and fantasy is defined by any positive physical response is a bit of a misnomer though. It's a pretty common occurrence in real world rape for the victim's body to give off positive signals. That doesn't mean she enjoys it, just means that her body's response to sexual attention doesn't always match up to her mind's. It doesn't mean she likes it, and it's typically one of the more traumatic aspects of the experience for victims, as well as being a particularly abhorrent defense argument for the rapist ("She was wet! Clearly she wanted it!"). As a woman, I can say it's one of the aspects that makes me most squeamish, and I'd imagine a lot of the members here would agree with me.

For me, the distinction is this. It's the difference between characters responding naturally to overwhelming stimulation and characters outright "enjoying it", walking away from the experience saying "Hey, that wasn't half bad". Honestly, I find the latter even more sickening than a scene that's just nothing but pain and violence; and the high proportion of two dimensional fuck dolls who give the slightest hint of a struggle before rolling over and spreading their legs wide was one of the things that initially dissuaded me from this place. That sort of role play, where the girls are treated by their players as pieces of meat with empty brains seemed to carry with it the sort of implicit argument that it isn't such a bad thing. I find that style just repulsive and I'm glad it's been substantially marginalized over the years.

For me (and I'm wearing my geekery on my sleeve right now), it's just as much about the space between the sex scenes as the sex itself. The latter only has so many variations but I really love the character growth: to explore how the girls cope with being in such an extreme experience. El saw it as a game ranch for alien sex tourists, and I find the existential dread of that even more horrifying than the brutality of the sex itself. So, yeah. I like to explore how characters cope. For El, it was by surrounding herself with girls who made her feel safe and to set out to overthrow the unjust administration, even if she realized deep down that it was a hopeless struggle. For Anna, it's a rather non-plussed response. She's been a victim before and copes with it through a rationalization that there are always victims and victimizers, so she leans more towards the "open your legs" type of girls: doing whatever it takes to minimize the trauma of the experience while trying to make her time on the "reservation" as comfortable as possible. She's cynical enough to know that this is probably what her life is going to be like until she dies and she just tries to make the best of the situation. For Tylna.... um.... Tylna's a weird case. :D But I think the question of "realism vs. fantasy" isn't so much about whether a girl "likes it" or not. It's about fleshing out a character personality and having them respond to the circumstances as befits their character. To me, scenes that are "unrealistic" are those with characters who don't exist as anything more than a victim, a cipher to torture and stuff things inside, when characters are treated as toys (by their players, clearly. ;) The monsters should be treating them like toys) instead of characters. That said, I think it's a perfectly valid choice to have a character who becomes conditioned to the humiliation and pain and perhaps even enjoys to like it, but that should be an evolution that happens over an extended period of time.

For me, it's a release valve. I like the character building and, to a large extent, exploring the circumstances is a way to get over my own complicated fears of violation.

But hey, that's just me.

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:23 am
Site Admin

Quote:
It depends on the nature of the scene and, to a larger extent, the character in question. I think breaking it down into a binary argument where realism is defined by nothing but pain and fantasy is defined by any positive physical response is a bit of a misnomer though. It's a pretty common occurrence in real world rape for the victim's body to give off positive signals. That doesn't mean she enjoys it, just means that her body's response to sexual attention doesn't always match up to her mind's. It doesn't mean she likes it, and it's typically one of the more traumatic aspects of the experience for victims, as well as being a particularly abhorrent defense argument for the rapist ("She was wet! Clearly she wanted it!"). As a woman, I can say it's one of the aspects that makes me most squeamish, and I'd imagine a lot of the members here would agree with me.

Which of course tends to lead to guilt and self-questioning in the mind of the victim as to whether she did really want it or not.

I understand all that, and the fuck-doll aspect was something encouraged by isolated scenes with no continuity. Something we have worked away from as an admin by providing more areas where there is no question of memory loss after the event and where storylines can exist. However you can't also ignore the fantasy aspects of it because it IS a game. It isn't a psychological recovery station for rape victims and neither is it a psychological or sociological study of the effects of repeated rapes upon a woman.

When you go *too* far into reality then the probable effects of being trapped somewhere and repeatedly raped are likely to be depression, hatred, misery and suicidal tendencies. So yes there is room for varying response to being raped and we don't tell the players how to react and cope with it. We just provide areas where it can either be 'forgotten' after every incident or where it can be integrated into a more complex scenario. But neither is it a place for emo characters who burst into tears, or listlessly drop their knickers and say 'ok get it over with, I don't care any more, my life is over, I'm going to slit my wrists when you finish."

Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Well, you said that much better than I. Basically, that is what I tried to say. I don't think the "realism" is so much in the response during. Going beyond real life, most monsters here have and use the power to force their victims to "enjoy" the rape.

As for whether the many victims become suicidal, we mustn't forget the two fold purpose of this place. It serves to entertain monsters/aliens who wish to hunt. It also serves to groom the unlucky 10% for their future roles as sex slaves. I think that we may safely assume that any girl who becomes suicidal will be "corrected", possibly by a readjustment session at NICE labs.

Elise Renfroe wrote:
For Anna, it's a rather non-plussed response. She's been a victim before and copes with it through a rationalization that there are always victims and victimizers, so she leans more towards the "open your legs" type of girls: doing whatever it takes to minimize the trauma of the experience while trying to make her time on the "reservation" as comfortable as possible.

I suspect that you meant "plussed". :) I was quite shocked when I learned that nonplussed
means:
tr.v
To put at a loss as to what to think, say, or do; bewilder.
n.
A state of perplexity, confusion, or bewilderment.

I have to reread several books as either I or the author were confused as to what the word meant. :(

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:23 am

Hmm, well I've never been partial between the pair depending on what my partners want to rp and has the most fun with is what I go with vary up situations and approaches to things.

Character Listing

Summoned or not, the god will come.

Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]