View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A cult 

Post A cult
Ever since I came up with Whisperer, I've had an idea for a scene or series of scenes in which he attracts a cult of followers. Basically a group of his victims become addicted to his semen and offer up themselves (as well as new recruits) to feed him in return for the next hit. I've never mentioned it before because it seems too consentual for the island/school area.

Now, with the addition of Vanejin VI, I'm wondering if there is a place for something like this. And if so, is there any interest?

Full Character Listing

Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:33 am

Post Re: A cult
It's quite possible that a cult might develop without the need for a physical addiction. Look up 'cargo cults' and you see how little it takes to create a religion. Whisperer's particular brand of erotic euphoria may be enough, or even a display of high technology. The cultists need not be consensual worshipers, they do not have to believe your monster is great and benevolent, merely powerful or irresistible. A cult of unwilling, depraved, half-insane females is equally valid.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:20 pm
Profile YIM

niellwyn - I see your views have some merit, but its posssible that 'cult' is not entirely the right word for what I had in mind as I did not mean to indicate a religious movement, merely a group of women who give to a 'benefactor' in order to recieve that what he can give in return. For Whisperer as he has been played that would just be 'erotic euphoria' and a mild regenerative effect in the short term, but I always envisioned repeated applications having much more long-term effects like longevity of life and beauty.

Now, as I have played him, Whisperer has become less likely to desire such a following, but he is not the only one of his species. And now I have begun to have an idea that might encompass or even replace the 'cult' idea. What if an ancient and powerful member of the Unseen (the name I initially gave to Whisperer's race, but may have removed in the second draft), having grown so old and slow to really hunt decided to sell the healing and life-giving properties of his seed to the various beings of Vanejin VI? Much of his payment could be the life essence he drains during the act of healing, though material riches would be accepted too. To 'special customers' he could offer limited immortality in return for the usual payments and other services rendered - of course the immortality would require repeat applications. Theoretically, this elder unseen could provide service to just about any being, but due to personal taste would only direcly treat/heal female (or mostly female) patients. Does that sound acceptable?

Full Character Listing

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:13 pm
Site Admin

Not religious?

Quote:
a group of women who give to a 'benefactor' in order to recieve that what he can give in return

Sounds like a fair description of nuns to me ;)

Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
Not religious?

Quote:
a group of women who give to a 'benefactor' in order to recieve that what he can give in return

Sounds like a fair description of nuns to me ;)

Ok, that's true - but what I meant by not religious was not based on faith. After all, that description could apply to the Playboy Bunnies as well ;)

Full Character Listing

Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:11 pm
Site Admin

Not exactly. The bunnies are employed in exactly the same way as most people are employed. They sign up to do a job in return for getting paid. With a cult or a religion, the giving is often for an intangible, variable or hoped for, reward. As such they are both based upon faith rather than transactions.

Your idea is still different from a religion in that it offers a potential reward that is tangible but is perhaps more akin to a pusher giving out free samples than a cult as such.

Look on this more as a bit of fun with semantics, though, not as an implied criticism ;)

Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]