View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Shokushu, ADD and Aliens on Earth. 

Post Shokushu, ADD and Aliens on Earth.
My recent encounter with madison made me think about a few things about shokushu, and the alien defense directorate. This caused me to snoop around the site a bit looking for information.

Let us look at a few things from my findings around the site. Let us first take a look at the historical data provided by the site.

For reference the link is below.

Front page

In the paragraph or so we read that contact was made sometime during the 1970s with interstellar species, aliens/monsters. A number of agreements were made that lead to the foundation of Shokushu. We can assume that the Alien Defense Directorate is formed around this time, since most alien contact might be in a form hostile to earth. The spacegirl portion of the site does say this about the ADD founding "The ADD was set up some years ago when it became obvious to Earth governments that large numbers of aliens and space pirates were kidnapping young girls for use as sex slaves on distant planets."

While agreements would prevent aliens/monsters from invading earth. There is nothing stopping those aliens that were all ready there before the agreements, or were imprisoned on earth before the agreements. The ADD first assignment or priority would of been to move these aliens/monsters off of the planet. We are never given a date. The problem with this though is the ADD is said to have been established in 2305. This makes me wonder between 1970s and the 2300s who exactly was protecting the earth ? Was it an early version of the ADD ? We also see that the ADD is funded by twelve planetary governments. Are all these planetary governments human settlements, or are some of them Alien societies ? In the first story about space girl we see that hitomi makes mention of kyoto while she is at a university. Kyoto having been her home town up till she moved to the university. There is also mention of the Interplanetary Police Force. They also mention 20 years ago which means the story most likely takes place with in 2325. They also make note of the planets under the twelve suns, most likely a reference to the twelve planetary governments.

Further into the story they mention shape shifting aliens, disguising themselves as humans and operating near universities. They also have human underlings who help them. The G-MEN as hitomi calls them say they got a call from the Melbourne office. Melbourne is the capitol of the state of Victoria in Australia. This means Hitomi was attacked by Aliens/monsters on earth in the year 2325 more then 355 years after agreements for aliens not to appear on earth, and the creation of shokushu.

This leaves a question when do our students attend Shokushu University ? We know two things that some students who attend shokushu become ADD agents and that the ADD has a base attached to a spaceport on the island. It is most likely the space port is kept with in one of the mountains, and ships coming and going take a path that keeps them out of sight of students. This has lead to the conclusion that our characters are attending shokushu sometime after the year 2305. With the above evidence we can also conclude that aliens/monsters are disguised as humans operating on earth in secret, and the ADD is trying to route out these cells of alien activity.

Reference Material .

Space Girl Main Page
Space Girl Beginnings 1
Space Girl Personnel
Shokushu Main Page

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:12 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Shokushu, ADD and Aliens on Earth.
I do realise the way the ears of your avatar stick out is significant of either a stubborn nature or an inquiring mind or something. So I'll try this one more time:

1. The web site was written as an entertaining way to present mine and Niceman's creations to the public

2. At that time the web site was not intended or expected to be the basis of any roleplaying, either in IRC, on a message board or via telepathy

3. Since that time, the roleplaying part of SHS has come into being, first on IRC and then on this board

4. Minor changes have been made to the site to accommodate the roleplay but it is still considered a parallel development

5. Nothing on the web site can be used to undermine or sidestep the bsckground, assumptions and rules of the roleplay

6. Nothing on the web site can be used to challenge those rules

7. In the case of conflict, the rules of the roleplay take precedent over anything that exists on the web site

8. In the case of fire, break glass and jump out of the window hoping to land on something soft

9. In the case of having an enquiring mind and sticky-out ears, read and remember rule 10

10. There's no getting around the premises and rules of the roleplay either by quoting the web site, using logic, referring to a scientific journal, telling me it isn't done this way in another game or trying to convince us that you were kidnapped by a real alien who provided you with some unique insights during an extremely invasive medical examination.

I hope that clarifies things for you and everyone else who wants to find inconsistencies that will circumvent, challenge or undermine the basis and limitations of this roleplay.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:16 am

Its the second one. I've been told I have a habit to analyze things to deeply. In this case it seems that such information about the limitation of the role play doesn't exist outside of vague topics. So what we know about the School/University setting is the following.

1. There are no monsters/Aliens on earth.

2. The inhibitors around the island weaken the abilities of students on the island. *

3. Monsters my not harm nor kill the students.

4. Monsters may not claim ownership of a student.

5. Monsters may not take students off the island

6. For the most part students are screwed when confronting a monster, both literally and figuratively.

7. Only a small percentage of the student body know about the monsters.

8. Head girls report directly to the headmaster.

9. Prefects report directly to the head girls.

10. It is the Head girls and prefects jobs to make sure order is maintained in the student body

11. Monster may have humanoid forms, but most have features that clearly label them as a monster.

12. A monster can not be anything religious based, or based on any known animal or creature on earth. Under the same premises a student may not be related to any religious institution i.e. no nuns. **

13. Be realistic and use common sense about how much of a monsters reproductive organs can fit inside a human females reproductive system.

14. Students may appear in the arena for entertainment purposes only. After words they are returned to the university.

15. When fighting in the arena stun weapons are to be used, while not lethal they will still hurt but leave no physical markings.

16. Students abilities in the arena are slightly increase from the university setting, but only enough to make things interesting.

17. When a student faces a monster in the arena they are still screwed both figuratively and literally.

* The inhibitors reduce a users mystical, physical, and mental abilities. To clarify let us look at final fantasy as an example of the mystical. In the game there are spells with tiers an example being firaga, fira and fire. If a student knew either firaga or fira the inhibitors would only allow them to use fire, and even then the inhibitors cut the power and range of that by half to seventy-five percent. Physically if a student was an Olympic class athlete, there skills are brought down to those of an average high school student. Students with mental powers may find that visions or range and power telekinesis has been shortened, or the interval becomes inconsistent.

** You can have a monster that looks like a religious figure, but can not be related background wise to that figure. Example is that you can have an angel but they are not angels and they are not from heaven. They can be for instance a species called the angleic who are from the planet heavaness. To human ancestors who saw these beings they would become known as angels who live in heaven.

The reason I bring this up, is because some people might have difficulty making a character that fits the settings of the role play, when the limitations are not clearly stated. From what I've also seen is that most conflicts with new characters is that the creator isn't aware of these limitations. For instance I have no idea what the limitations for space based creatures/add agents is.

Story Index: Yoko's encounters

Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:30 am
Site Admin

The concepts were simple and easy to understand when we started. Students were normal human girls who had been sent to a prestigious finishing school on or after their 18th birthday. They were often sent there because other schools had problems handling them due to a rebellious nature. They didn't know the real reason the school existed, they didn't know that aliens existed and they didn't know where they were, though they believed they were still on Earth.

Students did not have magical, Olympian or mental abilities beyond the norm. And the school possessed advanced facilities for repairing damage to a student as well as restoring virginity and removing memories of the event. Though fuzzy recollections of what happened were allowed in the form of the girl believing she had bad dreams about such things.

Monsters were simple, single, single-minded alien creatures who were given a license to catch and rape human students. The license forbade them from unduly damaging the student, forming a relationship, slaving or stealing students, and sitting around drinking tea and discussing the weather with students. Likewise they were only allowed human form as a temporary disguise to trap a student but had to revert for the actual rape, and they could not work for the school though they could adopt such a disguise to trap a student prior to the rape. They were as powerful as they needed to be to achieve that goal. Few limitations were placed upon the appearance of monsters provided they were original, perhaps based upon a monster from a hentai but not a direct rip.

The basement was provided as a BDSM area for disciplining students (especially the rebellious ones) by members of staff and students would remember such events. The Labs were added as a place for the staff there to perform experiments on students, often returning them to the school with their memories wiped or reduced to dream sequences, though the place had acquired a rather menacing aura.

Playable ADD agents were standard human and female, often ex-students who had graduated from the Campus. They existed on a base away from Earth and patrolled the space around Earth fighting rogue aliens and space pirates. So they knew aliens existed, they had weapons but they were also designed to generally lose to monsters though defeat was not inevitable if the players in a scene wished it otherwise.

If Spacegirl and her story differ from this it is because most of it was written before SHS existed, and it became useful to bring her into the SHS universe. Nothing written there can be used to conflict with basic SHS premises for that reason.

The Space section of the board was created to provide an area suitable for more involved storylines outside the limited 'fuck and forget' of the main Campus concept. Also to allow players the ability to do things they couldn't in the Campus, such as play master / slave or form other relationships, and to have human females with unsuppressed magical, psionic etc abilities. There are not too many limitations provided it is understood that 'in space' means just that - stay away from Earth and the Campus. Naturally there is no particular reason to exclude ADD agents from this part of the board but students are barred from it.

The Arena was created as a location for players who wanted simple interactions of a fighting nature. Students were given a limited ability to play there provided they did not become unduly damaged and provided they retained no memory of whatever happened. In this it was very much a case of 'fight and forget'.

If those concepts have become muddied it is because players such as yourself with 'inquiring minds' have spent much of the past ten years trying to create exceptions to them. Admin attempts to allow players leeway have had the effects of obscuring the simple concepts to the point where the exceptions appear to be the norm and are used as a basis on which to seek further exceptions.

Players such as yourself with 'inquiring minds' (aka rules lawyers) will always try to circumvent the spirit of how something works by pointing out ways in which the original concepts do not cover every six million potential exceptions and potentials. As each one arises, it often needs the rules to be expanded to block off those who take a view that anything not specifically prohibited should be allowed. In doing so they may massage their own egos and inquisitiveness but they do few favors for the roleplay itself since the result is that new players arrive into an environment where original concepts have been largely buried under a pile of amendments and addenda.

Personally I think that is a fair explanation of the intentions of the roleplaying areas and the characters who play within them but no doubt it will lead to a new list of 'yes but....' and 'what about....' and 'what if....' and 'why can't I....' and 'but it says here...' and 'but [insert name here] was allowed to [insert characteristic or action here]...' and I will feel that I have just wasted the past hour of my life.

Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Perhaps that last post ought to be posted elsewhere, such as the board where all the rules are kept. It presents all the important considerations more succinctly and completely than I've seen before.

Send a PM anytime you feel like an RP with Natsuki. She's not shy!

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:22 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]