View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Avoidant meet Shy(For Pia) 

Location: computer lab or the tech square formerly known as dorm 203
Post Re: Avoidant meet Shy(For Pia)
Pia's comments brought a bit of a chuckle from me now and then, made me a little jealous really that she had to watch her waistline.
“Lucky, I have to eat a ton just to keep myself from loosing weight damned hyper metabolism is horrible especially when the food isn't that good or cheap.
It had been my curse ppartially because of how the other girls always viewed it, they saw it as a gift, I could eat all I wanted and never gain a pound. Not true at all. I had to eat MORE than I wanted to if I didn't want to end up a tooth pick.

She led me to her room and took her time getting some things. Didn't mind waiting out side of it until she was done. And when she was I nodded and took lead to my own room. I openned the door and gestured her in with a faux bow. It was a slight bit of a mess, but, not overly so. Just looked lived in in my opinion even if I was the only girl in it. I'd put stuff in a few places from my bags though I was still missing a couple of things. I'd brought a small TV for documentaries to help with my studies (though guess it could be used for movies) a few books lined a shelf next to a small replica of what looked like the enterprise from the original star trek series, there was a small plaque 'always say you need twice as much time as you have to do the job'

Other than that, it was a pretty normal looking dorm.
”Well, here we are, nothing special yet. Barely have any of my stuff set up even. But, it's my room. Hope you don't mind the little bit of mess. Didn't unpack 'everything' yet.”

Hi "I'm... NO! alright no I'm not a fucking vampire alright... my name's Charlotte Tepes Belnades >.>"

Indeed, the pleasure is all mine. Doctor Christopher M. Belmont at your service.

"Lt. Commander Karin, Reporting for Assignment..."

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:50 pm

The plaque drew a small chuckle from Pia. "Ain't that the truth..", she muttered. Looking around, she really did not find it that messy.

"Oh, I think it is nice! It is not cluttered at all. Mine is a disaster area, half the time."
She could not help but glance at the bookshelves. Pia read a lot herself, and believed knowing a bit about someone's taste in literature meant knowing a bit about them. Or at least give her something to talk about.

Her eyes wandered to the spaceship. "Is that the Star Trek spaceship?", she asked.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:23 pm
Profile YIM

Honestly, it had slipped my mind that I had the little statue of that ship out with my favorite saying on it. Feeling a bit awkward & self conscious I just told the truth.

”Yeah, it is... go ahead call me a nerd if you have to but, my heros happen to be Montgomery Scott & Geordi La Forge. Fictional characters & technology with techno babble or not they were what real engineers should aspire to be, I'm a bit of a tech nut to be honest. I practically live for computers and engineering.”

It wasn't an easy thing to admit that a pretty, talented & athletic girl like me was more a fan of sitting around her room and programming a computer or designing a robot or something like that. I know no one except my adoptive parents knew that before now.

Hi "I'm... NO! alright no I'm not a fucking vampire alright... my name's Charlotte Tepes Belnades >.>"

Indeed, the pleasure is all mine. Doctor Christopher M. Belmont at your service.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Whatever Rose feared by admitting to her inner nerd, it actually put Pia at ease. She was a nerd herself, in many ways. Granted, she was not that into Star Trek, and her knowledge of computers was from the user side rather than as a programmer. But she would be found most Saturdays with her nose in a book, reading fantastic fiction or even non-fiction.

"Oh that is cool!"
, she said, smiling broadly. "I got to admit my knowledge of the adventures of The Enterprise is poor, but I like science fiction. I learned a good bit of my English reading my fathers old S-F anthologies. I remember looking out at the stars, imagining crossing the depths of the void, and discovering wondrous planets.."

"So, are you planning on getting a degree in engineering then?"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:53 pm
Profile YIM

Rose admired the other girl, her reaction was unique and her being a fan of science fiction; going as far as learning a good bit of English from them, were both very admirable even if a lot of people would consider it a bit nerdy.
”you read Sci-fi?! Really?! Well cute and good taste, that's pretty awesome... (she paused for a breath) yeah The voice and the stars are quite the draw when you look out there. It's a good reason to learn engineering I think; maybe minoring in theoretical or quantum physics. Never know I could end up the first real starship chief engineer.“

she knew it was an impossible dream, something she wouldn't see in her lifetime or at least she thought she wouldn't of course the future had a funny way of changine the views of a girl. That was a story for another time.

”Well, for now lets get to food.”

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Knowing a little more about Shokushu then most, Pia thought perhaps that Roses dreams where not as far off as she thought. "I hope you get to be a starship engineered one day", she said. That would mean the green haired girl had not ended up a monster toy.

Hmmm.. Her skills might be useful.. Pia also noted to herself. Maybe Rose, when she had learned enough could supplement some scientific knowledge she herself lacked. Perhaps explain some of the powers the monsters sometimes seemed to possess, or perhaps how they travelled through space.

Her musings were cut short by a little growl of the stomach. "Food sounds good!", she said, running to help Rose with the food. "What kind of S-F do you like? I mean, there is Star Trek, obviously.."

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:12 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3