View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Roomies (for Kris) 

Post Roomies (for Kris)
I had a class to get to after sliding that note beneath her door. Biology, it was a breeze given my training but I tended to take the sciences seriously. After class had ended I did some studying in my dorm in order to kill time.

Seeing how my grasp of the subject had been strong I winded up with plenty of time on my hands afterwards. So I went for a walk on campus not wishing to go too far in case I encountered some of those mushi that crossed over to our dimension.

Namely I didn't need those sorts of delays. Such an encounter would have likely made me miss the meeting any way. I knew the campus wasn't safe either, not even my dorm, but I had learned that in large groups the mushi didn't appear at all.

I began to see a pattern here. There were no safe areas so to speak but I learned that in large groups nothing happened. Nothing in the cafeteria, provided it was full or assemblies for that matter. I didn't see any mushi as I went about so that was a plus.

Checking my watch after a bit the approaching hour was near. I set the meeting deeper into the evening not knowing what sort of schedule Kris had. I chose the library to meet at. Dressed in casual attire I wore jeans, a simple blouse and sturdy shoes since one never knew when they needed to run!

Had pressure not been placed on me I would have avoided this seeing how I was attacked in my room once, only once. However, none of the other rooms were any safer and that attack happened all because of my own involvement with an upstairs neighbor.

Going inside the library I found a table near the door so I could keep my eye on it after grabbing a random book to read. Lucky me it was a rather drab uninteresting title but I was too lazy to get up and fetch something else, I might miss her arrival.

I wasn't really sure who I was looking for figuring that it would be a student I was unfamiliar with, which was a given. I hoped she wasn't late since the time was the only real way in determining who she was which was about now …

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:32 pm

Post Re: Roomies (for Kris)
Which was right about now a black bush popped its head past the wood frame of the library's second entrance. I would have been here sooner, but I'll get to that in a little bit. First, what in the Hell is a black bush doing blocking the one of three entrances? Well, I suppose it would be six entrances, but the other half were implied to be exits. Oh, forgot about the Fire Exit, so, I guess that makes seven. Anyways, that "Black Bush" is actually me. I had popped in, just to peek, to see if anyone actually did show up per the note's invitation. If I had not seen anyone, it would have meant I'd slip in to see if the shelves had any hidden encounters to be, well, Encountered!

Luckily, I didn't have to. I saw somebody. Brushing away the hair from my face, which had pulled an open-stage curtain on me when I too quickly leaned forwards to take that peek, I walked in with my bright smiling "Mask" on display. No, not a real mask, just a phrase for a fake smile. I didn't feel all too happy, but it had nothing to do with the potential roomy I might be acquainting myself with.

Now we can go back a little to why I didn't get here earlier.

First, let me get started in saying that the showers here really suck. I don't mean the quality, or water, or lighting, or cleanliness, or variety of assortments. They are not designed for someone like me. So, when I state, "These showers suck," I mean it by my own personal opinion. I'm used to grabbing a shower head, turning the dial on it to see which kind of spray settings I can get shooting out of there, and having it blast off at my head or body however I feel like it. Sometimes, I have to do what a woman has to do to get relief. Well, these showers were not at all what I expected. They did come off, but there was no setting, they were lower pressured when I turned them facing up, and the damn faucet below decided to start slipping up on me with a leak. That isn't a quality issue, just something was getting agitated in the piping. I dunno, maybe the plumbing has some kind of creepy-crawly that got a little too excited about something! Any case, it took my shower into overtime.

So, that was first. I guess this is the second reason for not showing up early. I didn't know there was a library, let alone knowing where it had been located. Most of the curriculum has been covered by referencing materials online. If I couldn't extract the juicy bits off of the website, then I simply ascertained their sources and bought the damn books myself via Amazzon (note the extra Z to avoid copyright infringement.) Asking around did get me in the right direction and when I did get there...

... Well, I popped my head in through the doorway to see if anyone was there! Back to the present, I'm going to have a guess that person sitting down is the gal I'm gonna be interviewing today. First thing is first, a nice cheery show of a smile accompanied by a wave! I suppose there should have been some foresight taken into account for what we wore. If we decided to go eat someplace, then me wearing casual clothes would have worked out. Instead, I'm in my school uniform still. I didn't really think much about it because they just seemed to be more comfortable to wear when everyone else kinda did too. Like being a part of the flock! Okay, so I have some issues wanting to be a part of something bigger, but at least I'm inching my way there by including someone into my life.

Why does that sound selfish of me?

"HellOO!" Okay, yeah, I know, keep it at 'SHUSH' level in the library. "Are you-," I hold up the note in mid-sentence, "-Meh-door-ree?" My eyebrows kinda scrunch up in confusion. Midori sounded Japanese, but this lady didn't look no Nippon to me.

Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:24 am

Flipping a page of that dull book my eyes must have reread the last sentence a dozen times now. It was a dry read, some book on this mathematical theory that I didn't quit grasp. Well, the book didn't contain just one theory but several. I hadn't been familiar with many of them learning only what was necessary to assist Armand back home.

It was quiet here at this hour. There were a few people around, some staff and a few other students though most people just did all their work at the computer labs since it was so much easier to compress the knowledge of numerous libraries into digital form.

Still a place as archaic as this existed. Perhaps it was a bit old fashioned as in a way I only figured that the library existed for some time and the older generation was hanging onto it as they tended to do with things. Just envisioning those with horses and buggies refusing to get to the times when the automobile was the new fad.

I glanced toward the book shelf nearest me then at the door thinking that I could take a chance and get a different book. Only thing was that when I glanced to the door a student was giving me a wave and a smile though there seemed something artificial about that smile as it never quite reached her eyes.

What was with that hair anyway? I couldn't help but smile, closing the boring book before me and standing.

“Yes, I am Midori Gemma,”
I respond while looking to the note then offering my hand. The fact that she was still in her uniform indicated to me that she was still in class or just comfortable in it. Frankly I couldn't stand the uniforms and dressed in them as little as possible.

They were always to small or too tight for my tastes.

“So you're the one looking for a roommate?”
Her name was an unusual one which made it easy to remember. “Criselda was it? Have you seen much of the island? I'm guessing you had the orientation already.”

Right now I didn't ask where she was staying, assigned some place in the dorms. Nor why she was seeking a roommate. It could have been as simple as her old roommate playing loud music or even a means by the school to make sure new arrivals did not have their own room.

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:45 pm

Midori Gemma. Had to repeat this a few times in my head. My eyes shift to the left for a moment, wondering if I had lip synced my own imagined chant of her name. Hope not...

"Call me Zelda or Crissy, whichever works-," I give her a nod in mid-sentence,"-as both grabs my attention." My smiling charade continues, but my thoughts wander off towards that 'Orientation.' Okay, I'm not too sure. I stick the tip of my tongue out to wet my lips before asking, "After I had meeting, there was someone else who asked that same question, and I am actually confused which orientation we are talking about now. I feel like there are five-," my hand splays all five fingers in a prop between us, "-different kinds. Do they,-" those five wiggling fingers suddenly shoot a thumb behind her shoulder, "-uh, whoever-," that thumb is jerking behind me, "-that is in charge, give specific orientations based on conditions?" I had to think quickly of a good example of such a condition or situation. Well, might as well use mine and take a number out of the five I've encountered before, "Like, mine. I had a letter, got to sit down with some people, was flown in- Oh, bye the way, had plenty to read on what to expect while flying, but once I got here- Nadda." My hands finalize that last word with a clean sweep in front of myself.

Now, who to pick to compare my orientation with? I guess the more simple it is the better. "In comparison, had one of the other students tell me that they had a-," my eyes glance away and trail off as if to search for something, "-I guess a teacher?" Okay, eyes front and to attention again. Right now, I manage to take a step toward and off to the right of Midori, wanting to make a show of how standing and talking is kinda not my thing. My head gives an indicated jerk towards the seats or doors, "You wanna head someplace? Otherwise, I'm going to be a motor-mouth in the worst place possible." I roll my eyes and my head at the library's interior expanse. This might give a good excuse to explore the Island? Not that she had mentioned if she has or not taken a tour. Just seemed an appropriate opportunity.

Just to note, after calling myself a motor-mouth, I tensed my fake smile, realizing that I had spoken so damn much that I haven't a clue if I had been cutting off Midori or not. This causes me to place my full, silent, attention on her. Actually, this might seem a bit awkward as I stare at her quietly...

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:55 pm

There wasn't much I recall about the plane trip in falling asleep soon after departure. Most of what I learned about the island started once I was here. All in all going to Shokushu was suppose to teach me to assist Armand better though I missed him and would continue to miss him while I was away even though things weren't meant to be in that department.

An amicable break, I always saw myself as too damaged any way. We remained on good terms and my role was a better fit as his assistant. It still sucked that I was unable to go home to see him even during breaks and couldn't call him.

Just mail, email was no good since the island had no connection to the internet but instead had it's own intranet. I had often heard the other girls complaining among themselves but that was simply how things were here.

Besides it made me look forward to the arrival of the latest plane hoping to have a letter from Armand. I catch that head motion having paused to ponder her orientation for a minute.

“There's the standard one that just fills you in on boring rules and such. Often you're broken down into groups with each having there own tour guide. I take it you didn't get the tour.”

Sweeping up that dull book I moved to the bookshelf I took it from and returned it. “They must be waiting for you to get settled in to your room assignment first. Any way, you could wait or I can give you one now. I'm not an upper classman so I can't give you all the history and might forget a few things but I'll show you what you'll need.”

Midori Gemma
Character Listing
Notes

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]