View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A lost follower (entirely open) 

Post A lost follower (entirely open)
New school, new life. Roslein strained under the weight of three sturdy maroon suitcases, all of which were lashed to her back with cords. This was not done by some cruel parent, but by her own hand. She knew all too well that, if she were able to set her cumbersome bags down for even a brief moment, she would never be able to bring herself to pick them back up. Of course, being bound in such a way, she would need someone else to untie her, and that hit straight to the heart of her problem. She was a new student, and while this is not very uncommon in the world, most new students had at least some sense of independence; Roslein lacked the independence to choose her own clothing. That was why, at home at least, she had been so thrilled to hear of the mandatory school uniform. That aspect of her life would not be a problem for her entire academic life at Shokushu. But being so very dependent, she was like the little lost duckling in the story, confronting everyone she met with the question, "Are you my mother? Are you?"

Finding herself in the room that had been indicated in her student manual as the common room, Roslein eagerly began searching people out with their eyes. Was there a group, a clique, even just one person here who could provide her with the direction her mind required to function? Then again, considering that she was the lone newbie with the large packs strapped to her back like a donkey, it was doubtful that other people would want to associate with her. Shaking her black hair out of her eyes like a dog, she simply stood on the carpeted floor in new shoes that pinched her toes and dark socks that baked her trim little calves in soothing warmth, despite the fact that the summer heat was permeating every room that she had been in so far.

Tilting her head down, soft tears began to drip from her tightly closed eyes. The downside to being a follower: with no leader, you are nothing.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:16 am

I was walking down the halls wearing my black pants and red tank top with black high heels on with my hair tied to a pony tail I notice a new girl walking around with some suitcases I would start to follow her into the common room and taped her "umm hey there ^^."

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1603

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:24 am

Looking up gloomily, Roslein was delighted to see another girl approaching her with a smile. How lovely; to see a friendly face in a sea of indifference. Brushing at her eyes, she returned the smile blearily, tears still dripping with no stopper. "Guten morgen, miss." Her shoulders drooped in a slight bow, something she did from habit. "I...I am Roslein Kiefer, freshman and new student." Another nod-bow.

Studying Kim's appearance, Roslein was struck by her loveliness and almost elegant figure. She could never wear heels or a tank top with as much confidence in her appearance; by her first step, she would be absolutely wilting with self-consciousness and paranoia that everyone around her was looking and passing judgement on her looks. "You are beautiful....but can you please find something to cut this rope?" Gesturing to the cord that held the bags to her, she smiled slightly wider, her tears finally ending their course down her cheeks.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:35 am

I blushed alittle at the coment and then noded "yeah that is a heavy load for you." I say while trying to find anything to cut I would find a kinfe and I would start to cut the rope as I smiled at her "I am Kimmy Stealer but some of my friends call me Kimmy." I would say as the rope would snap as I sighed "there you go" I would say while wiping her tears away

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1603

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:39 am

Sighing blissfully, she slid the severed ropes to the ground, her bags pulled along by their entanglement. Free of their restraints, her arms and shoulders twisted as she stretched out, feeling light as air without the perhaps 25 pounds of luggage she had been, if you will, lugging. "Thank you, Kimmy...thank you so much. Do you know, you are the first person at this place who has been nice to me...." Roslein felt startled when Kimmy, a girl she had just met, gently wiped the tears from her face.

"Some of my friends...called me Rosenrot." The German sounded almost delicate, rolling off her tongue with the ease of a language one has known one's whole life. "It means...Rose-red." The memory of the personal nickname seemed to make her blush, or perhaps it was the attention of the attractive girl speaking to her. "Thank you so very, very much," she said again, forgetting that she already had, "Is there anything I can do for you, Kimmy? As thanks for saving me and my poor aching shoulders?" She laughed softly, a rather pretty noise that made her nose scrunch slightly.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:55 am

I rest my hand on my head thinking and shook my head "no not that I know but hey no problem." I say while grining at her "so im the frist who has been nice to you well why wouldn't anyone be nice to a cute looking girl like you?"

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1603

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:58 am

Shrugging slightly, Roslein recalled the attitudes of the few people she had encountered so far. "Maybe because they don't know me and have no reason to care. And besides....I'm not really that cute." Her blush became increasingly more pronounced; perhaps that particular feature was what had led to the name Rosenrot. Or was it another blush entirely that had earned her that reference? "Girls like you, though, I'm sure they get in lines to help." She enviously eyed the other woman's body, particularly her chest. Kimmy probably had nipples that were entirely normal, ones she could show without the slightest bit of shame.

Scolding herself mentally for thinking self-deprecating thoughts (again), she replied with some disappointment, "Alright. If something comes to mind, you let me know. I'm the best at doing laundry." It felt good to her to have a talent, however pointlessly, blandly domestic it might have been.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:09 am

I smiled and noded "ok." I started to plop down the seat crossing my legs as I looked at her "how bout you tell me about your self hon." I ask while looking at her body "and also I say your very cute and no I don't get helped alot but I do have alot of friends and im sure you will too."

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1603

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:18 am

Roslein was startled by the question about herself. There was nothing in her past that was interesting or worthy of being known by others. "About myself? Um....to tell the truth, there isn't much to say. I grew up in Germany, my mom wasn't married to my dad, and I wasn't very good in school. I was in jail for a little while; not the best experience, let me tell you. But I didn't do anything, I was taking the fall for my friends. The way I figured...it was better to get in trouble myself than have all my friends get in trouble and go to jail. At least that way, they would still be there when I got out. Sorry, sorry....you probably don't want to hear about my criminal record. It's not really something you're supposed to include in polite conversation, is it?" Quickly, Roslein tried to change the subject.

"What about you? How was your life, before this place? You don't look to me like the kind of person who lived only in sunshine under a rainbow. Diamonds tempered by magma and all that rot." Another laugh. "You really think I can make friends here? I guess maybe after they've gotten used to me....." And maybe she would have a friendly roommate. Things were looking up, if you were an optimist.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:31 am

I blushed alittle "well umm lets just say my past was a werid one at that." I say with a soft giggle "so you took the wrap for your friends huh doesn't sound like good friends to me if they were really your friends they wouldn't have gotten you warp up into that kind of mess."

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1603

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:17 am

"Maybe you're right..." Roslein's eyes fell, and she sighed very softly. "The tattoo still hurts like heck." It was a sign of how very innocent she was that she still used words like heck and darn. When others cursed, she would gasp and her face would redden terribly. In fact, she couldn't remember ever having used one of those words herself.

"A weird past, eh? I think everyone's past is a little weird, more or less. I guess I was just lucky enough to have a pretty normal one." To Roslein, her past had been entirely conventional.

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:38 pm

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:09 am
Profile WWW

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:10 am

(sure Katrina been wanting to rp with you for awhile now ^^)

I giggled at her saying heck and darn as I smile at her before I hered Evy's voice in my head

this girl is an odd one.."

I then shake my head and smiled "soo do you like to do anything for fun?"

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1603

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:42 am

"For fun?" Sadly enough, that simple question took Roslein a minute to answer. "I like running. If they had a track team here, I would totally join it. And back in Germany, I did some skiing. I wasn't very good....too afraid of heights." She laughed a little, thinking of just how many things she was afraid of; so many it was pathetic.

"And of course, I like partying, but I don't think there are too many parties here. At least, too many good ones. I guess I should've realized what I was getting myself into when I signed up for a private girls' school on an island. By the way, do you know what this island is called? I haven't a clue....I don't know why, but it seems like there's something odd about that." Her nose wrinkled in thought. Surely this island had a name, and she just didn't know it because she hadn't been paying attention.

"Anyway, that's all stupid and boring. How about you?"

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next