View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 6:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 New Friends(for Daphnee and Ishtar) 

Post Re: New Friends(for Daphnee and Ishtar)
Rosalie glances around as she waits for Ishtar and Daphnee outside the cafe. When she sees them, she smiles and waves waiting for them to come closer before opening the door and following them inside. "I thought for sure you two would've beat me here." She says as they sit at an empty table.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 am

“Oh, well I thought you'd be a bit longer than you were and since I'm still kind of new here I had Ishtar show me around the campus a bit,” a lie as she was covering for the others poor memory, she winks at Ishtar when Rosalie isn't looking.

As of late she was practicing with lots of cooking so it's nice not to have to worry about cooking something back in her dorm for a change. The food is not gourmet food but it isn't too bad and while they had not grabbed anything yet she considers what simple fare she was going to settle on today.

“So, Rosalie, what's your major? Ishtar was telling me all about the theater. I don't think I would do as well as she on the big stage but it's something I'll have to get use to I suppose.”

She thinks on this and ponders the memory of the blue haired girl which only ascertains how hard she must apply herself to her craft to remember her lines, if only she could be so dedicated with her craft.

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 am

Ishtar was glad her new friend was able to cover the blue haired girl's lack of direction sense. She was a bit surprised that Daphnee would do something her so quickly, but it was a mark of a good friend.

The food from the cafeteria smelled pretty good today. It seemed like they were mixing up the normal selection and so the blue haired girl was looking forward to see what was on the menu.

It was then that her lavender haired woman asked Rosalie what her major was. It was something that the young student had not really thought about it before. She too was curious what Rosalie was into.

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:46 am

"Well, as far as academics go, I don't have a major. I'm only doing what's required to graduate and nothing more. The only thing I'm really passionate about is soccer, though I don't intend to play it professionally." Rosalie explains. "In all likelyhood, I'll probably have a hand in my family's business once I'm married, so there's no point in me pursuing anything else."

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:32 am

A sports scholarship” She assume some such given what Rosalie said as it seemed that she was being groomed for something for a while now. She wonders about that for a moment.

“Sounds great as long as nothing unexpected happens. I doubt that will be the case, however. I have to get on the ball with my studies, I'm well behind either of you two in regards to my chosen field of study so to speak.”

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 am

Well there is no worries, Daphnee. You will eventually figure out what you want to do. And the classes you take here will help you get there.

Ishtar turned towards Rosalie. Family business. What does your family do?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:33 am

"Well uh...not to boast or anything, but my family owns and operates one of the largest salt mines in Europe. It's how my family became wealthy again." Rosalie said, trying to sound more modest about her family's status. She looks up at the girls to see their reaction.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:57 am

She was impressed of course. Salt mines could fetch a ton of money and all she had to show for things was her meager ventriloquist skills. She lacked the determination that Ishtar put forth or the athletic nature of Rosalie and the money. She never de3alt much with the family business especially since she was going to be cut out of it more or less.

“That's interesting. Way more than my families history or what I can accomplish. I'm not sure how I'll do with my puppets though, I'm not liked well enough to get any real practice in front of audiences any way other than the few times I get to do something in class with them.”

Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:44 am

Oh well. I am from a military family. My sister was going to follow the tradition, but it simply not for me. So I am going to have to find my own way.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:24 pm

"Don't feel discouraged, Daphnee. Some ventriloquists have become quite famous, so there's always a chance it'll happen for you too if you keep pursuing it." Rosalie said before turning to answer Ishtar. "Well I heard you were into theater, though I also heard you haven't been on stage in a while. Why is that?"

Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:46 pm

"I think it's more of a comfort level with me," Daphnee admits. "Other than my folks this is the first time I've spoken this much so with the ventriloquism it's more about getting up in front of people and putting on a show with enough confidence given that I get ignored most of the time.

"I find it hard to be squrtnized too, like you two, an althlete an actress but all I can do is try."

Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 am

Ishtar blushed when Rosalie mentioned the theater, Well I kinda had some problems occurred. I guess that I am trying to build up my courage to do that again. She shook her head for a moment. For now I help behind the scenes.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:12 am

"Oh I see. Well I hope you'll let me know when you start acting again. I'd like to see it sometime." Rosalie said before turning to Daphnee. "Well how do you do your routine? Are your jokes made up or are they about something that happened to you or someone else? The latter is where most comedians get their material. They might tweek it a bit to make it sound too funny to be true, but it's almost always based on some real life event. And to talk about those things, especially if it happened to you, you have to be able to laugh at yourself. Take me for example, when I started playing soccer the first time, I wasn't a superstar right off the bat. Half the time I kept tripping because my shoe was untied, my foot caught a clump of grass, or I accidently stepped on the ball instead of kicking it." She giggles a bit thinking back to those days.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 am

“Just things I make up or about myself at this stage. I don't think I've managed to get more than a dozen words out of any of the other girls at this stage ...” She didn't have many experiences to draw upon for herself, she wasn't too exciting so coming up with material was a bit tricky.

[color=#BF00FF]“There aren't too many outlets for creativity here like watching television or surfing the net so material is a bit harder to come by. Not impossible though I like keeping my material fresh.”[/color]

There were the rapes, her only big experiences at the college but they were not funny at all and only a select few would realize any satires she made about her various tormentors though she supposed one puppet with an amalgamation of traits to form the personality of one puppet could work …

She consider though. “I got to broaden my experiences a bit. I think I will have to wait until I get out of college before I can get decent material again, but in the mean time I can practice my ventriloquism to make it better.”

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:43 pm

I would not worry, you will get better with more practice. It will happen. Ishtar smiled as she replie.

The young woman nodded, The best way I guess to get creative is to talk to other sutdents on the campus and see plays and read books from the library.

Ishtar thought about it, Maybe we can arrange some sort of talent show of some sort. I think that would be fun.

Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next