View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Reporting for Duty? (Vera) 

Post Reporting for Duty? (Vera)
Sleep was a funny state of mind. Time seemed to speed through as one rested and recuperated from a day's job of being awake and alert. It left one refreshed and rejuvenated for the tasks to come. It also left one vulnerable perhaps? Or more easily accessible, depending on the person's opinion. It was needed for all things to keep them well and healthy. It was also a useful state to placate one who might seek to decline voluntary work for the greater cause.

It was a curious ponder to know how long Clarice had been away from Vera's presence. Perhaps only some choice people kept record of such things. Perhaps the Head Girl knew or was given such information. The one to note of that being important information to know would be the young blonde herself. Shokushu felt new, yet old to her. She recalled vaguely of being here yet could not recall minor details. Her mind swam in a thick foggy murk. The halls were busy as she recalled, yet she couldn't remember the palettes of choice for different sections of the campus. She recalled teacher's names but their faces were blurs to her.

Things felt cold, unyielding, yet had changed. Blue eyes betrayed her attempts to appear fine with nothing out of the ordinary. They showed her emotion as much as she felt it. Confusion.

NICE Labs had urged her to go about the campus and re-familiarize herself with the environment. Two days leave from classes until she must return to her regular schedule. Something happened that required medical care? They had spoken to her, she recalled as she awoke, but the words bounced off her as a ball against metal. She didn't absorb any of it, only that she was fine, save her mind would be foggy on memory for the time being. All would heal in due time, they said. She felt no reason to not trust them as they were professionals. But something in the back of her tired stupor was calling for wariness and distrust. It was a very quiet voice.

One of the few things she recalled one of the medical associates was to go to a certain office for further instructions as she recovered. Her feet carried her subconsciously as her mind began slowly putting the puzzle pieces in place. She soothed the back of her head with her own light petting, trying to stave off a headache. Thinking of everything at once was too much. Maybe when she approached this room and held conversation with the person, things might immediately click into place?

She had her doubts it'd be that simple.

Then just as she wondered who she might be seeing, she was already in front of the door. That didn't take long. Or did it...? Hesitance was one thing her mind was good at for the time being. But there was no sense in prolonging the issue. A steady breath left her lips. A soft knock came to the door and she awaited permission to entry. Strange, she had passed several students and teachers without a word but remembered this part of manners.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:55 am

Post Re: Reporting for Duty? (Vera)
A long drawn out sigh left Vera's lips as she sat behind her desk. Her office was also her home, a suite at the top of the tower in the center of campus. A light blue sash hung loosely around her hips, revealing that she held rank over the common student populace. The silver haired woman was a Head Girl and worked for Shokushu in more ways than one though students generally know her for enforcing the rules of the school and maintaining order.

Head Girls knew details about the island and Shokushu that students did not. But even with such knowledge, there were matters in NICE labs that were strictly need to know. This was not the first time NICE labs or Shokushu staff had requested one of Vera's Prefects for some sort of task or long term project. For Clarice, this was yet another summon. What they used her for was not always known but details of any problems were usually brought to the respective Head Girl's attention.

Unfortunately, it seems another 'mishap' had occurred. NICE labs just loved tinkering with this particular student. The lovely blonde woman was not only an empath but had knowledge of arcane magicks as well. With this being the second occurrence of an altering 'accident', Vera would not be surprised if this was all done intentionally. Though she could see the usefulness of these changes, the Asian woman did not like it when her Prefects were used and changed like this. Her Prefects were supposed to be her responsibility.

But, there was nothing that could be done about it. NICE labs did it, Shokushu ok'd it, and now it was done. Vera was given detailed reports of the mishap. Clarice's memory had been fragmented and NICE labs could only restore so much of it. Unsurprisingly, they focused on restoring memories specific to the school and none of its shadier qualities, repeating how good Shokush and NICE labs has been for the student in hopes that their words would fill in the gaps. Perhaps this will give Clarice some relief if she never knew the dangers or pains she endured during her long stay here on campus?

It was up to Vera to pick up the pieces and was ordered to guide this student back to a normal role as Prefect as soon as possible. Of course, this would be easier if she knew exactly what Ms. Rossignol knew now.

The knock came as did the aura of confusion that came from beyond the door. But, the source of the aura did not move as Clarice awaited for permission. Vera noted how quick this one came to see her. It was most likely that the student went straight here. NICE labs did report that she was rather compliant to orders and did not seem to question for any further details. Oddly enough, that will probably make Claire's life here a bit easier until the alien guests catch wind of her again.

"Enter," Vera called out. The Head Girl rose to her feet as the door opened. Clarice would see that the woman standing behind the desk wore a cyan colored sash similar to her navy blue. "Ms. Rossignol," she called out, "Please, come in and have a seat. Would you like some water or perhaps tea?" The silver haired woman gestured towards one of the chairs before her desk. Beyond the desk was the living area of the suite, bearing several lavish features compared to normal students such as fancier furniture and a flat screen tv that was off at the moment.

Vera would get the drink requested if one was made. Otherwise, she would approach the woman and give a slight bow. "I am sorry for what happened," Vera stated softly, "I heard from NICE labs that you lost much of your memory. I am here to help restore what I can and inform you of your role here on Shokushu. Tell me, do you remember who I am and who I am in relation to yourself? If there anything else you wish to state that you remember, please feel free. I will do all I can to get you back on your feet."

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:48 am

Clarice's hand gently pushed the door open upon permission. A strange sense of familiarity and caution washed over her body. The silver haired woman was beautiful. It was as if she were taking in the sight of her for the first time. Yet she clung to a notion she knew the woman. Embarrassment at not recalling the woman's name left her silent as the Head Girl directed her to have a seat. Subconsciously fixing her own sash in place, she took the seat with a small nod and took in her surroundings now that she was not feeling like a spotlight upon her person when she stood before the desk. A beautiful array surrounding her that cast a perceptive glance into the artistic mind of the woman before her. Clarice even in her fogged senses could appreciate the effort put into making this room a comfortable fit to stay and perform a Head Girl's duties.

Her brows furrowed at that. She remembered Head Girls by term alone. Judging by the sash donned on the woman before her, she assumed she was either this head Girl or something similarly close to that station. She fidgeted for a moment. Capturing that line of thought was like casting a line with no hook. She lost it and blinked confusedly.

"Hm?" she murmured bluntly as if she were not listening to her. Her voice sounded raspy and she cleared her throat. It had been the first audible utterance she had given since a few 'hms' in response to the staff at NICE. She quickly regained her composure and nodded. "Oh. Thank-you. If you have any hot tea.. my throat does hurt." Her words remained raspy despite the attempt to make them more refined. Another attempt and it seemed to allow her some semblance of recovery. "I'm very sorry. My mouth and throat feel sore," she stated. "Feels as if my mouth was pried open and made to stay like that for some time.." she muttered more to herself than the Head Girl.

Once she received the cup, she gave a grateful nod and gently brought the cup to her lips and lightly sipped. The warming sensation running down her throat had an almost immediate effect of relief. The taste was pleasing as well much to her internal delight. She could almost laugh at how such a simple act made her feel at ease. But her expression made no attempt to even turn her resting lips up into a curve. There was not much to smile at when she felt she was missing things she should know.

Despite her wariness to this familiar stranger, the silver haired woman came off sincere as she began asking questions and directly explaining what her purpose for her was. Clarice's brow furrowed as she stared down at the cup, watching the slight rippling of the tea inside as it moved with her breath.

Then came the line of questioning she dreaded. Her name. What was her name? "... I was... attending class. Met people... met... someone. She was nice. She had black, raven hair... I think. I had nightmares or... something? I'm... not sure. I was helping-no... working?" If she looked confused, her words confirmed it entirely. Her thoughts wouldn't form quite right as if she was distracted.But she wasn't, she was right here trying. "I don't know... I don't.." her voice fell quiet. Before her fragile line of thought broke again a few things seemed to fall into place. And by fall perhaps more like fell onto each other. "You are... a Head Girl..." was said in a questioning tone but she was trying to make a statement. "It... I'm sorry," she said softly. "Your name. It started with a V?"

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:14 am

Based on the reports, Clarice responding with any audible words at all was an improvement. But, that just showed how much those labcoats off the coast had messed with this student's head. This was beyond troublesome. The lack of memory would limit this student's rebellious notions but it could also mean the Head Girl may have to retrain her Prefect. There were also the more intimate matters that may be lost if Claire could not recall how deep their relations were prior to being called away.

The confused Prefect was able to recall some bits and pieces of certain aspects. The details were lacking and it seemed she could not even recall Vera's name nor Kanoe's. She knew Vera's rank and position and there were mention of nightmares. The Head Girl sighed softly.

"There is nothing to apologize for, Ms. Rossignol," Vera replied, "I wanted to know what you remembered and you did just that. I will do my best to clarify what you know. You attending Shokushu, a college that resides on an isolated island. Shokushu only has female students attending. This unique place of learning is not without its drawbacks however and some students have encountered mental and emotional issues when completely isolated from the rest of the world with only females to interact with. Some of these issues get extreme and have been known to cause nightmares or even hallucinations. Shokushu does have medical and counselor staff trained to aid those who have trouble acclimating to this new environment. Unfortunately, not everyone seeks help when they need it and end up lashing out in unpredictable ways."

"You, Ms. Rossignol, were one of those students who lashed out," the Head Girl continued, "You did find some solace meeting another student. The raven haired woman you mentioned is named Kanoe Shade and you were with her for many years. She suffered much the same hallucinations and nightmares you did and you both kept feeding each other's paranoia. You both were rather hostile, causing damage to school property was just one of the many violations you performed back then."

"As you stated before, I am a Head Girl and it is my duty to correct students who violate the rules," the silver haired woman added, "My name is Vera Matsumoto and I was the one who corrected your behavior. Afterwards, I informed you of the harm you were doing to yourself and Ms. Shade and offered you to join me as one of my Prefects. Prefects serve under a Head Girl and aid them in their duties. I will not try and claim I know what was going through your head back then but your condition improved greatly since working as a Prefect. You were more focused and learned much about what I do here for the school and its students. You may even say we grew rather... close."

She decided not to press that any further. It was difficult to just be upfront with someone with amnesia and claim that they had heated and passionate moments with one another. Vera kept her voice cool and direct. The Head Girl definitely maintained an air of authority as she stood before Clarice. All she could do was speak with confidence that everything she said was true. It helped that most of it was indeed true which would hopefully mask the subtle nudging of less than favorable memories into a different light.

"I know this is much to take in," the woman stated, "It is not easy to just listen to someone who is a stranger tell you who you are and what you have been doing with your life the past few years. I believe your field of study was veterinary though you may have had some interests in the sciences due to your previous work with NICE labs. If any of what I have said is unclear or you doubt, please voice your questions and concerns. As my Prefect, you were my responsibility and I regret that this happened to you. I will understand if you desire to leave my service upon your full recovery."

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:00 am

Clarice lacked much in the way of countering Vera's beginning explanations, but some things didn't feel right in the statements. She would've known prior to coming here what to expect, yet she had such trouble? Brows furrowed and her eyes narrowed in a disagreeable way, but not a complete scowl. She wouldn't do such a thing as lash out and hurt anyone. She knew what she had and what she was capable of-

Her expression softens as if she forgot the train of thought. No, she merely looked down again in silent dejection. She wouldn't lash out against people... would she?

Her hands instinctively flexed. As if ready to channel. She quieted the response with an uncomfortable short breath. She felt a rise of anger yet could find no reason for it. Which left her more confused and unsure if she should trust herself or the woman before her speaking more. Then the mention of Kanoe. Her eyes lit slightly with life. That name, the person.. she reached up and placed a hand over her chest. Her heart throbbed if but briefly. Her feelings made that part of Vera's explanation easier to swallow. She would have to see if when she was better if she could find Kanoe, the woman who's face now had a name. The thought was warm and relieving much like her tea.

But then the next lines of explanations left her once more baffled. Vera. The name made her tingle inside. Why that elicited such a response she wasn't sure. But familiarity was comforting. And her jumbled mesh of a mind could find the pieces the Head Girl directed to be put in place. She regarded her sash for a moment. A Prefect? That's right.. she'd been with this woman in aiding her duties. Whatever those were it was completely blank but this was something at least.

Her last statement made her eyes widen slightly. They were friends...? And she couldn't even remember her name. She felt Vera had no reason to lie on that and found herself feeling bad she could recall so little. But before she could think more on it the silver haired beauty continued. To end it all, she left her with the option of leaving. That couldn't have been a sincere offer after all was said and done.

"W-wait.." she called to stop the subject change. "I... it is a lot. But.. that part you said. About Kanoe and I. Were we.. close? And... you and I close.. how close? Were... were you my...? Ugh my head," she groans and takes a hand to hold her head. Thinking so much the room was starting to spin and tilt. All the emotion breathing new life and her thoughts racing faster than her tired mind could take. She lifted her cup of tea and placed it on the desk to prevent it from spilling.

"... I'm fine."

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:03 am

A hand gently took the cup from Clarice while the other guided the woman to sit back in the chair. "Do not push yourself too hard, Ms. Rossignol," Vera stated, "Just relax and take slow deep breaths. I know this is much to take in and you may even have doubts. All I can ask is that you trust me and my words."

The Head Girl could easily read this woman's aura due to her own empathic abilities. Clarice seemed to accept most of the information though mention of conflict did bring back some past anger. It was to be expected. But, that flash of anger would only support her claim of her tendency to lash out to reason. The next questions had no easy ways to answer.

"Your questions are unfair but you do deserve to know," Vera stated as she sat on the edge of the desk, "You and Ms. Shade were very close, lovers even, which only made your rebellious acts all the more difficult to remedy. You trusted each other completely and thus reinforced the very acclimation issues I mentioned before. In a way, it helped you two bond, sharing the burden and fighting for the other. When I recruited you as my Prefect, I promised to let you handle any issues that came up with Ms. Shade in the future. Taking the sash resulted in friction in your relationship but it resulted in Ms. Shade being more well behaved for your sake as well as hers."

"It has been a long time and your work with NICE labs resulted in separating from not just your duties here but also seeing her. Ms. Shade had not caused any rules violations so I had no need to keep an eye on her anymore. Last I heard, she had taken up some extracurricular activities and is even part of the cheer squad now. Think she is on her way to becoming the head of the squad. Much like yourself, she managed to transform herself into something less destructive."

"As for us, Ms. Rossignol," the Head Girl stated as she took a slow breath herself, "As I mentioned before, our first encounters were less than pleasant. But since working for me as my Prefect, you were always there to assist in any matter I required aid with. You were disciplined, focused. Seeing you change from a troublemaker to someone always eager to help and to learn made me rather pleased. Gradually, your distrust towards me faded. Then... You were gone. NICE labs requested your assistance and you eagerly complied. It was good that you had reached a point that NICE was willing to work with you but it also meant you were no longer under my care for quite some time."

"What you did when you came back surprised even me," the woman added as she looked down at Clarice, "NICE labs were done with their work and you returned. I had expected you to seek out your lover and take advantage of your much earned time off. Instead, you here in this room, asking for an update on everything you missed. I had not seen such diligence or initiative often among students here on the island. But, that was not the shocking part. You told me you missed me and drew closer. I offered for you to spend time with your lover only to find your lips against my own."

Vera let her words sink in. She had not lied. The Head Girl assumed the long departure back then put many things in perspective. Sometimes, one did not know how important someone or something was until it was gone. Of course, Vera never ruled out that NICE labs had nudged the student's mind and body in some ways though she had no proof.

"I ordered you into my bedroom and you told me to do as I wish with you," Vera stated, "You placed your hand over my heart and told me you trusted me fully. Then... Well, things only grew more heated from there."

Long silver hair poured before the Head Girl's shoulders. She brought both hands up to brush them back behind both shoulders as she took another breath. "I know you still have feelings for your lover so I am uncertain exactly our relations. But, we both agreed anything that happened in this suite remained in this suite. I never told her nor does she know. You offered yourself on further occasions and I never denied your offers of devotion. I will not try to assume what you felt about me back then. I also do not know of your relationship status with Kanoe. Such personal matters were not something I would ever look into."

"I will not assume you remember any of this. I am speaking the truth but, I do not know if the woman before me now is the same Clarice Rossignol as the one who opened her heart to me that day."

Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:48 am

She gently takes hold of Vera's wrist. "... Claire..." she had to clear her throat further but she hoped her wish came across. She inwardly cursed her weakness. She just wanted to move forward and know things she should. Not knowing or remembering was like forgetting her own name. Empty and with nothing to cling to. All she could as the hand she merely held for comfort. Her feelings were etched in confusion and pulled different ways. Kanoe felt right.. she knew this. And yet it struck her heavily. Parting several curtains amidst the fog..

She closed her eyes. "My lover is in my heart... but I had come to miss you just as much... my Head Girl." The words spoken was a familiar but still raspy tone. Clarice opened her eyes. Her expression to not even budge as words long not been said had been spoken again. She didn't falter. No it was she didn't realize the depth of those words. She blinks a few times. "I.. said something like that once.. I remember. But it doesn't.. feel," she tried to explain.

She shook her head slightly. "It's.. a mess." She continued to listen and took it slowly in. She had been at NICE labs before but recall nothing. Nothing beyond Vera, Kanoe... and the nightmares. Everyone else's name had been erased. And faces may as well have looked the same. She couldn't recall family or friends. But one can't miss what one can't remember. But it did feel empty. There was a certain lack of anything in her heart. All there was was instinctual nods to her power. She couldn't forget it. Like riding a bike she knew the steps. She felt it. Even her empathic ability had not been lost. But for some reason she felt no need to bring her walls up to the Head Girl since she came here. Why was not even a question asked. It just felt like it was.. okay.

She continues to hold her hand, not even realizing she hadn't let go. The idea of a polygamist relationship didn't strike a cord of her wants. She didn't like the thought of it yet here this situation was. A problem she would need to deal with? Or.. no? She wasn't sure. Emotions toiled and wrapped around themselves. Guilt? Why was she feeling that at this point? She could only guess her monogamous beliefs berated her for this truth. If what Vera said was true..

Before she knew it, her emotions started to bubble. "Uh... why do I want to cry all of a sudden?" she uses a hand to wipe away what were watering eyes and reigned it in. "Don't need to be sniveling anywhere.." she whispers. She breathes out heavily. "I would.. want to see her but.. not like this. Not when I don't.. know her. Not as I should be," she said and turned her head down and away from Vera, not wanting her to see her attempts at being strong failing. "She's not right here.. I would.. wait until maybe I'm okay. But.." her hand grips Vera's. Eyes look up to the woman, swimming with thought. "If you have lied..." she trails off, looking deeply into the woman's eyes with scrutiny and then it softens. ".. you haven't. I know you haven't. I know you.. I.. should know you. Why.. was that taken.."

As if realizing she had been caught red-handed, she gently releases Vera's hand after holding it captive for several moments. "It's a mess.." she repeats with attempts to clear her throat again.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Clarice rose to her feet and took Vera's wrist in hand. The woman stated a name she wished to be called by instead of the formality the Head Girl used. The student managed to remember bits and pieces. But, it seemed she had lost nearly all her memories. Years on the island can change someone and Clarice was now looking at the past being recited to her with previous views and beliefs. It can be hard to accept that she became so open with her sexuality. But as Claire stated herself, Vera was not lying.

"Your emotions are in conflict. You are seeing bits of what you have done these past several years as someone who never experienced them in the first place," Vera stated, "I know you wish to remember but you must not push yourself. Your life was a bit of a mess prior to becoming a Prefect. It is understandable that your lost memories are just a swirl of chaos as well."

The blonde student tried to let go and pull her hand away only to find Vera grabbed hold of her hand. The Head Girl stared back at her, giving the hand a soft squeeze. Despite how difficult this was, Vera did not seem phased. She was like a doll but, the warmth Claire felt from her touch showed she was very much human like her. She could feel no emotional aura from the Head Girl, Vera always keeping herself in check as she focused on the task at hand.

Vera offered Clarice a tissue. "I cannot say why it happened," Vera replied, "I wish I could be more of use. Lets go sit in the living area, Claire. You will be a bit more comfortable there." The Head Girl kept a soft grip on the woman's hand as she led her to the couch in the living area. She released the student's hand once she was seated. "I will be right back," the silver haired woman walked back to the door to lock it to avoid any interruptions and grabbed the cup of tea on the way back. She offered the tea once more to Claire before sitting down beside the confused student.

"You are right that you should not see Kanoe right now," Vera said softly as she rested a hand on Claire's thigh, stroking gently, "She does not know what has happened to you and coming to her as you are now would only cause you both pain and grief. Ms. Shade has finally learned to stop fighting everyone around her. If you told her what happened, she may return to her violent ways once more. Neither of us want that."

"I am sorry this has happened to you, Claire," the Head Girl added, "If it were up to me, if I had known, I would have called you back immediately. Your memories are a mess. You are in conflict with yourself and these fresh revelations. The question remains of what you wish to do from here? I will answer any further questions you have to the best of my ability. But, I cannot guarantee that my words will help you. You say I am not lying but I saw that you do not recognize me nor trust me. I am just a stranger to you trying to tell you who you were and how you behaved in the past. As you are now, are you still the same Claire as back then? It is not my place to force you back to a life that is foreign to you so I will help you in whatever path you take from here."

Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:36 pm

She never had once asked anyone of anything beyond accepting offers of comfort. If she had a stronger sense of self, she might've asked Vera not to let go of her hand. But as it was she had no reason to voice it. Not yet. Like a dazed deer in headlights the hand that guided her she clung until it left her grasp at the couch.

She accepted the cup with a nod and took another sip. Not quite as warm since they started speaking, but anything a this rate soothed the soreness in her throat. Though it couldn't touch the discomfort she felt to her back and head. Her muscles felt strong, yet weak at the same time. Aches all over her body became more noticeable the longer she stayed awake.

She said nothing to the Head Girl's agreement. She knew it was best to stay away from Kanoe. She didn't want to hurt this woman. Something in her gut begged to keep that woman's happiness intact. She was drawn from her thoughts when a hand was placed on her thigh. She stiffened at the unfamiliar touching and place, but her body seemed to remember some steps and slowly relaxed after seizing up. Claire turns her head from the hand as if to silently accept it being there. The soothing touch brought small goosebumps. It had been the most intimate contact she had since waking up.

The question asked next was one that she had been asking since she sat up from the med ward bed. What was she to do now? ".. you ask that.. as if I can pluck an idea so easily. I.. don't know. I don't know if I had friends.. or enemies. I don't know what I was doing. I feel angry, but there's nothing I can place it to. That bothers me.." In a storm of thoughts and vivid visions of the past, Clarice could only sit and wonder her purpose quietly.

Despite her obvious predicament, her emotions had leveled and eased. A calmness settled as the Head Girl tended to her Prefect. It was nice. The attention she was getting from this woman. It made her feel cared for.

She looks up to the woman's calm, expressive features. "I should.. ask you that? Vera? Do I seem like the girl you knew before? Was she-was I much different?"

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:24 am

The gentle touch made the student stiffen up in alert only to relax as the Head Girl continued to stroke the woman's thigh. It seemed the woman was still open to advances from Vera. Claire may even be as submissive as before though the student herself may not be aware of that.

"I am not asking you to plan out your entire future from here on," Vera answered, "I am merely asking what you wish to do at this moment. You may have no memories of anyone but, that just means you can make new ones. If they were enemies, they will make themselves known. If they were friends in the past, they will do the same. Just take such matters a day at a time, a room at a time. Here, there is only you and myself. I hope you consider me a friend and not an enemy."

"You have every right to be angry," the Head Girl stated, "You lost much and you are not sure who to blame or how to make things right. I am uncertain what NICE labs was working on but, I will make a request that they do not call for you in the future. You have done enough for them and their incompetence will be noted. As long as you do not succumb to your anger, you should have no problems returning to class when you are ready."

Her hand continued to caress Claire's thigh. The short skirts of the Shokushu uniform left much bare skin for that hand to touch and feel. "Well, I knew of two Claire's back then," Vera stated, "There was the one who was angry at everything and wanted answers for the problems she was having acclimating to this new environment. She would never had wanted me to call her 'Claire' and hated me and this school greatly. The other was a more calm and collected woman. She focused on her duties as Prefect and always sought to make my life easier. She put up a tough front due to her past. But deep down, she seemed eager to follow a commanding presence. During our time together... Well to put simply, she was rather submissive. It was rather adorable really. It was a side I did not see before until you fully trusted me and opened yourself up to me. Not many are willing to reveal so much to another much less myself."

Vera gave a faint smile as she withdrew her hand. "But those Claires were both due to their past experiences. I cannot assume you have feelings for me at this moment nor will I try to force you to return to the way you were before if it seems foreign to you. To be honest, I was not entirely sure what you felt for me back then either. You may be the same but I cannot say for certain as this is our first meeting since the accident. That is why I ask what you wish to do from here. You have some time off and I am here to help you answer questions and help you remember any way I can. But, I only know so much and your records can reveal some about you from before coming to this island. You are a Prefect but that will not do you any good if you do not remember your duties or who you are serving. If you wish, I can see to retraining to be my Prefect. But, it has to be your choice. I cannot just command you to live your future a certain way."

"Would you like more tea, Claire? I have cleared my schedule today so I am here to help."

Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:12 am

She stayed quiet through the speech. She could not be sure what transpired. What happened. She was told little of the event. Or told enough. Waking upon monotone voices drudging out muffled statuses of her health would not have sunk in. Her throbbing head wished to argue even if she was to have it repeated it wouldn't be absorbed. In truth it was becoming a mentally exhaustive drudge through mud and swamp of thoughts not willing themselves to form. She was still not able to form complete sentences without pausing for a time.

She took the caressing and stroking as something that had happened before. It felt familiar, but nothing more. She would not admit the missed sensation of a caring hand. And as she listened to the Head Girl's recount of her personality, that stroking hand left little evidence of its result, but Vera could feel her relaxing. Or at the very least calming. This first rendition of herself sounded raw and unrefined. She wondered if she was ever like that. The thought of being angry all the time sounded dreadful in practice. She was unsure if she should believe she was violent, but if there was any proof it be in the records of damage directly linked to her actions. Part of her was worried to see the extent if there was.

Then there was this other side. Brows returned to a furrowed justle. Submissiveness was not something she could see in herself unless the situation was dire. This was.. beyond that. She had no information beyond this familiar woman's explanations. Just how deep did their relationship go? She dare not ask details. Her heart thumped for a moment. The woman acted and presented herself protective. If she were to make a request, had NICE done something they shouldn't? Clarice's suspicions rose. Perhaps the woman knew or suspected something herself. The idea of returning to just a student sounded pleasing and perhaps less stressful. However..

"I don't.. shirk responsibility," she finally said. Taking another sip of her tea, she breathed an even exhale and continued, leaning back into the couch from her proper posture. "I want answers. Doubtful I'll have them all. But, I chose this," she gestures to her sash with fingers running over it gently. "For whatever reason I felt inclined to do this. By your recount I was fairly decent. I want to-I wish.." a long breath leaves her. "I wish to continue. I want to see where I was before this.. accident. And be myself for.. who I am now. I don't know myself.. well enough to be confident," she regards Vera with respect.

"I think I'd like to remain.. under your guidance. You've been kind to me in my darkest hours. I would-would hope you wouldn't steer me down the wrong path." Her confidence falters and she returns to looking down at her cup. "I do not wish to be complacent. If it is not too much of a burden.. I wish to continue.. if you'll have me."

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:21 am

"You are never a burden, Clarice," the silver haired woman said as she smoothed her skirt and rose to her feet, "Something bad had happened to you and you are working hard to get yourself back on your feet. I would aid any student willing to put for the effort to help themselves. You wish to remain my Prefect? I am glad. For now, I will focus on getting you back to speed on what your duties and responsibilities are. I doubt your memory is just going to return overnight unfortunately. But, perhaps getting your mind focused will help sort things out."

Once Claire was ready, Vera went on with details about Shokushu and its general layout on the island. She mentioned various Headmasters and Head Girls that serve under them as well as other Prefects that serve under Vera. The silver haired woman spoke directly and yet always kept a cool and calm composure as she presented herself. She listed members of the student council along with various clubs and groups that were allowed to be formed by Shokushu staff. Most sports were available though were only active depending on number of participating students.

Prefects were appointed by a Head Girl to help maintain Shokushu. Much like a Head Girl, they were always considered on duty and should always be seen as representing the Head Girl they were under. The navy blue sash was part of her uniform and was expected to be on her when wearing said uniform. General duties are to ensure rules are obeyed and everyone is under their best behavior.

Vera spoke of the demerit system. Generally, corrective actions are done by school staff and Head Girls. They along with Prefects can issue demerits that keep track of patterns of misbehavior. Demerits are logged in student records and can be cleared through corrective action. If a student collects too many demerits, Head Girls will actively seek to perform the necessary corrections to ensure the student knows what they did wrong and to not perform said violations in the future. Depending on the Prefect and Head Girl, Prefects may have some additional duties such as handling corrective actions themselves. Vera's only concern was maintaining order here on the island. If a Prefect's actions continued to promote order on campus, she was willing to work with it.

There were of course perks to being a Prefect. The sash was a symbol of her position over students and that they worked directly under a Head Girl. They get their own room on a floor of the dorms that they must watch over and maintain cleanliness. Vera of course informed Claire of what room was hers. Prefects could also request additional luxuries that were otherwise not available in dorm rooms. They have access to school academic supplies and being a Prefect also counts as multiple extra-curricular activities that can be added to one's resume.

Vera also mentioned what areas of campus Claire patrolled, ensuring students were heading to class like they should and observing that everyone was wearing the proper attire. Anything beyond this was based on the Head Girl's needs. Some work more closely with their Head Girl as as sort of secretary and so forth.

The Head Girl recited the information without hesitation. She mentioned that there was a handbook in Claire's dorm room that had further details and information of the rules of Shokushu though most could be considered common sense. Vera would answer any further questions the student may have before leading her back to her dorm room.

"I know it is much to take in, Ms. Rossignol," Vera said finally, "You were given the next two days off so do get some rest. Come see me again when you are ready for your weekly duties." Claire knew where to find Vera, up in one of the tower suites. The Head Girl kept future meetings professional for now, focusing on reteaching her Prefect all that she needed to know and assigning her duties. By the end of the week, Claire was to provide a report of all that she found along with demerits that needed to be assigned to students.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:19 am

Aside from lingering questions, Clarice was content that this was the right choice she made.

At least she hoped so.

Headache turned a dull throb, she did what she could to try and remain focused on the task at hand. Returning from a long recuperation and still fresh from a stretcher bed, the blonde student wanted to try and persevere today to make the rest of recovery something to relax to. Requesting a notepad and pen she wanted to write down and summarize the rendition of what was to be expected. While she was sure there was guidelines or a handbook at easy access, it made things easier for her to commit it to memory if she wrote the words out as well. At least that's what she felt would be most helpful.

During the small but important lesson, Vera's voice was the only prominent sound to be heard. Asking a question or two, the young blonde was mostly silent through it all. Though it was mostly concentration on the information the Head Girl soon realized why her Prefect was being so quiet. Claire was starting to nod off. Exhaustion both physically and mentally were taking their toll at last. She could only guess how long she'd been asleep but now being cognitive was draining when she hadn't been for what felt like an eternity.

Nodding soon became gentle jerks as she fought to stay awake. Stubbornness to say she was tired, she didn't let herself come close to sleep until the woman was done. She swallows and breathes in deeply. Just a little longer. "Mhm," she responded to the Head GIrl's call to lead her to her dorm. It took some coaxing but the older woman managed to get Claire to her feet and walk her back. She had become so tired suddenly when she simply sat in place.

It didn't take long for them to come to her dorm room. She fumbled with her key to unlocking the door and turned slightly behind her to the silver-haired. A soft goodnight and she gently closed the door behind her.

Much after that Vera heard very little til the middle of the next day. Reports from Vera's many watchful eyes informed her Clarice was still in her gown by mid-day when she opened the door to receive fresh new uniforms as her old attire had never been properly changed from one of her previous... visits to NICE. Looking dazed and groggy it appeared she had been sleeping for over twelve hours. But having gotten her up to answer the door the woman perked up and believed it was time to get up.

The next day and a half, Clarice could be found walking the campus, re-familiarizing herself with the map of the school. Wearing a more casual uniform attire as she was not attending classes quite yet made her stand out somewhat. People who knew her previously seemed surprised to see her and asked with concern where she'd been. Not knowing them, she gave plain answers. A confusing and possibly concerning student seemed to nearly go white as a ghost at the mention of NICE labs. But whatever the reason, memorizing the paths would help ease her stress of trying to find her classes again when she was permitted to return to them.

And thus when her free period of rest ended, school began again for her. At first she was a bit nervous none of the material would sink and just be a long blur of time. Fortunately her mind recovered enough to have more than a few trains of thought and made it easier and easier to absorb information as the week went on.

Then came her duties as a Prefect. And suddenly friendly face turned not so quick to approach her. Interesting turnaround and how quickly people showed their intentions. The sash was like a repellent, much to her annoyance. Do people think avoiding her will prevent her from catching them doing mischief? It was not a matter of if but when if they were going to be that obvious on avoiding contact.

--

The rest of the week went on as she was expecting and more some. A Prefect that has come back into the scene after an apparent medical mishap. Some students seemed to believe the Head Girl's 'pet' as she overheard from passing students would make it easier to get away with things when a weaker pair of eyes replaced a silver-haired woman's gaze. They were rudely surprised.

Despite her lack of memory to many things, the student body was so obvious on its mischievousness that a blind person could find them and catch them. An example being a string of odd happenings were occuring with a volleyball team in a small round of mock tournaments. The balls being used were somewhat flatter than usual. Noticeably enough that some girls were losing immediately because the other team adjusted to the ball's difference. The reward was not only being on the team, but small perk rewards to the winning team at the end. It was far too easy to find out a particular student was excelling with this adjustment a little too much. Sneaking into the gymnasium supply closet to deflate the ball each time was a risky venture, even in the night and with security cameras. Hiding oneself does nothing if one can trace said person back to their particular room and then it was a simple matter of finding whose room it belonged to.

Cheating for such a petty reason. The girl wasn't going to be given demerits from Clarice. No, she wanted her to go on thinking she was fooling people. She simply made sure the gym supply closet was better locked and secured. She would give the evidence directly to Vera. While it seemed she was acting on her own, the other teammates seemed oddly acclimated to hitting the ball harder as well. She would leave it to Vera on how to proceed with the others. But the damning evidence for the one in particular was unarguable.

Next was a small hazing issue. Students picking on others. Not a surprising given any school has its fair share of bullies. But this was more serious given it didn't end with name calling. Oddly it was a different person each day harassing the poor girl and it seemed to rotate. Oddly organized. But it didn't take much for Clarice to pinpoint the ring leader when she simply watched security camera of previous hazings. She watched who hesitated, who was one not completely sunk in their ego stroking. Who seemed more unwilling. She targeted one with those qualities who need the encouragement of her fellow bullies. She caught her alone and threatened more demerits if she didn't reveal who was orchestrating this rotating hell on he poor girl. Mentioning she would have her answer to Vera directly immediately got the rude little girl blabbing.

Another one she'd leave Vera's direction. The hazing seemed to have ebbed off. The girl she had caught likely warned the others and thus the jig was up so continuing further would only further bury themselves in intentional bullying and ignoring a Prefect's involvement. Saved Claire a trip visiting each woman to further end this issue. But they were all on the list, regardless. She had little tolerance for middle school tyrants trying to act grown.

Were her classmates really like this? These were the possible friends or enemies she had? She was disappointed to say the least. That disappointment didn't cease. Even on her way to Vera's office to give a full report, another incident happened. Graffiti in the writing teacher's office today. She had veer off and see to the matter. The message of calling the teacher a foul, perverted man and with a student's name brazenly on the wall under it. The suspect was obvious.. too obvious. Even the lowest cunning of her fellow student body wouldn't be that blatant. She hoped. Obviously the girl with the lovely name was in sort of custody in a neighboring vacant classroom by the teacher. She looked terrified when she saw the sash first then Claire's face. Immediately blurting out she didn't do it and looked on the verge of tears. Clarice felt sympathy for the first time besides the bullied girl. How to deal with this matter...

An idea struck her. She went back to the teacher and asked for previous assignment turnins. Curious, he gave the folder to her. She sat in the vandalized classroom with the girl in question.

"Umm.. Miss Rossignal? Can I.. ask what-"

"Bingo." The girl stopped her questioning as Claire's finger ran over a particular assignment. She looked back and forth between the wall and paper. Lifting it up next to the graffiti, all she could do was shake her head. "Perfect match..." she sighs. "Will have to manually put in a report this time.. sir," she calls the teacher over. "The girl seems innocent. This paper by this girl has the same handwriting as the graffiti. I'll bring this to my Head Girl and will take care of it.."

All of this with the past weeks events was more tiring than annoying though the two seemed to be competing. Meanwhile her own well being was to recover and yet she had regained so little. Faces became familiar, but it was truly like she had to start off fresh. Though some.. noticeable memories were bridged involving the Head Girl she was to report to. And while maintaining this work, she was doing her best to avoid a familiar face. She was internally terrified to run into Kanoe. She already decided she would make a hasty retreat if they ran into each other. Fortunately the fates blessed her reprieve. She didn't even catch a glimpse of the raven haired woman the entire week.

Half an hour past her expected visit to Vera's office came a knock to the Head Girl's door. So much for punctuality.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:08 am

Vera would have been truly annoyed if someone fell asleep while she was speaking to them. But in this student's case, Claire was truly trying to push herself despite still recovering from this whole ordeal. When the student did finally rest and become coherent again, that was when the Head Girl scolded her Prefect for not resting when she absolutely needed it. Still, the silver haired woman was pleased with this student's drive.

Clarice was quick to get into the swing of things. She was attending her classes as normal though she found meeting students new or perhaps forgotten to be somewhat troublesome. Much like Vera, students avoid those that wear sashes as if afraid that any mistake would result in a demerit. But, those who did have sashes were more than comfortable with speaking to another of their fellow sisters of order.

There were students that had reason to hide as the blonde student found out. The number of reports that came in during the week was impressive though it did reveal just how many problems were throughout the school. Vera would take care of majority of the matters personally as well as let the Headmasters know of certain activities that were on the rise. Claire was not invited into the basement where the most troublesome students were corrected. With a fresh set of eyes, Clarice was able to see how a number of students act against their best interests. Was this what Vera had to deal with each and every day as a Head Girl?

Concerns of running into Kanoe were a non-issue as the raven haired student had her own classes to attend and then spent much of her time doing drills in the cheer team. More than likely, the two would not run into each other unless one actively searched for the other.

On Friday after classes, Vera was back in her suite in the tower. She was typing away at her console, logging reports from other Prefects that came by while also reading and responding to messages from staff, NICE, and the Headmaster. For the silver haired woman, it was just another day. Claire was running a bit late. It is her first week since nearly being lobotomized or whatever those techs in NICE did to her so perfection was asking a bit much even by Vera's extremely strict standards. The knock came thirty minutes later.

"Enter..."

Vera was still typing away at the keyboard as Clarice approached. "You are late, Ms. Rossignol," the Head Girl stated coldly, "But, I understand you had a rather busy week. So many cases handled by you. Are you getting the rest you need? I will not tolerate my Prefects collapsing due to lack of sleep. That being said, I cannot overlook a Prefect who is late. I must hold you to the same standards as the others. I have already given you a verbal reprimand so I will hear how you will not repeat this mistake in the future."

Once Claire came up with her reason why she was late and how she will adapt in the future, the Head Girl will accept the Prefect's report. "Your first week back as my Prefect... Your performance has been most impressive. How are you feeling? Were you able to keep up with your classes?" Vera would continue to type as she looked over the report and logged the necessary demerits.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:49 am

The call to enter was already a bad sign. She was sure her lateness was possibly the cause, but she couldn't be sure that's all it was. She had recovered enough to have some semblance of self. And it was this that told her to refine herself and be calm before entering. Her dull headache had subsided three days into her recovery. Her body felt off still and she was unsure if it was still healing or if she should see a nurse quite yet. There wasn't much pain but just stiffness that didn't seem to want to loosen up.

Not much could be done about it at the present. She entered the room and gently shut the door before her. She had tied her hair to the side today, a different a style than letting long hair loosen everywhere. It made her look more mature, but truly it just was easier and more comfortable. Being scolded for the second time, she winced only slightly. But at least she had proper reason for the late expectancy. A large file folder thumped onto Vera's desk. Clarice didn't make an expression of smugness or to be coy putting the evidence before her Head Girl. More or less she looked at the bulging folder with disdain.

".. apologies, ma'am," she said quietly. "There was an issue where a teacher called for assistance immediately and I was the only one nearby at the time. Vandalism and an attempt to frame another student on top of it. I have the details on page 56.. it's not been a quiet week for me." She took a seat before the desk. "These are the original prints... I already have copies ready to be filed so the two things I'd ask of you for these is possible manner of punishment and the time that would be best for you. Also a few signatures to show you've seen these before I submit these reports to record." She was ready to brief Vera on any subject matter she requested. She scowled at the thought of just Vera doing all these on her own before she came back. The woman couldn't be getting good rest if this was how busy it got.

She blinks a few times as if she had been in a robotic trance blurting out information. "Oh.. fair. I've been feeling okay pain wise. I was requested for a follow up check by the nurse the day I went to my classes. She noted a few things.. I've had to have medication for aches in my legs. I've.. had to request a nurse for it and she's wanting to put me through physical therapy. I'm.. I'm not sure how long I was out of it. But it was enough for atrophy to occur. It's nothing too serious. But I do still feel weak. Apparently was underweight too. But.." she nods to herself. "Getting there."

"Classes that require a lot of thought like mathematics hasn't come back easily. I've already asked if I could get the professor's help after class to help with that." She sighs heavily and looks down. "It.. doesn't feel nice when I can see his impatience to me having to ask him to explain things again and again," she mutters her thoughts out loud. "Always a red aura.."

She blinks and clears her throat. "Eh what I meant was that he's not been a patient man for me on top of everything else." She shrugs. Something else she was useless to fix. If the professor himself can't help her with such matters without getting aggravated, she wondered how a possible tutor would feel. "Otherwise.. been okay I guess. Some things are still falling into place. Speaking of which.." she looks back up at the Head Girl. "You and I.. we talked about a lot of things before didn't we?"

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next