View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Reporting for Duty? (Vera) 

Post Re: Reporting for Duty? (Vera)
The fact there was a page 56 revealed that the report had at least as many pages. It was certainly one of the longest reports to receive from a Prefect in some time. While a testament to Claire's ability to perform her duties, it did also reveal a rise in general disobedience among a number of students. But, dealing with that overarching matter was Vera's job and the job of those above her, not her Prefects.

The file was not entirely of troublemakers though. Claire took it upon herself to make copies and create the necessary forms for the Head Girl to sign. "We do not punish students, Ms. Rossignol," Vera stated, "We correct them. Punishment is merely a penalty in hopes that negative reinforcement will teach the student what they need to know. Correction focuses on educating the student on what they did wrong and develop a solution to ensure it does not happen again."

"You have been paying attention to some of the work I do day to day," Vera added, "I appreciate the effort but as always, do not push yourself to the point of injuring yourself. I will deal with the students in question myself. As for your health, please follow the guidance of the nurses here on campus. Being isolated on this island, Shokushu has ensured to have the best medical staff available. Keep me updated on whether things improve or degrade further. I rather you take time off than fall apart on me."

"I know what a red aura means," Vera said, "I am aware of your empathic ability. Such a talent is useful for a Prefect and many other occupations at that. If you cannot find common ground with this professor, I can see to recruiting a tutor to help you in classes you are struggling in. Remember, your classes do come first. Cannot have a Prefect falling behind. It looks poorly on me and the school."

Claire's final question made Vera's eyes narrow a bit. "We have spoke before and worked together before," the Head Girl stated coolly, "You are my Prefect so such things are natural. You need to be more specific with your questions but I understand you are still recovering. If you mean in reference to your other talents, I am well aware you have them yes. It would hardly be appropriate to discuss such matters when your mind and memory were still healing. Are you starting to remember more?"

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:14 pm

Clarice merely nods. "Negative or positive reinforcement. Whatever yields results is fine by me. So long as these do not become frequent offenders then I'll be happy. I'll leave those matters in your care, regardless. There's only so much I can do any way."

Her lips nearly curve into a smile as Vera repeats her concerns. "I know," she replies. "I've been keeping up with it. Should I have problems I'm sure you'd be understanding. Appreciate it though.. it means a lot." The desire to make herself useful was strong. Being complacent and staying to wayside really didn't sit well with her. Trying to throw herself back into the fray with not much to go on has been challenging but she was willing to take on the challenges.

She chuckles sadly. "Honestly it's more just the mention of not being used to one of his students being so slow that's become.. discouraging. If there is a tutor who's not too busy.. think I'd prefer that over casual comments on me being stupid."

Vera's slightly turt tone did confuse Claire for a moment. "I've recalled some things.. somewhat," she said carefully. "I recall.. you and I are a lot alike as far as talents go if I remember right?" Whatever the Head Girl's response, the blonde student continued. "I know it's not really a proper thing for the moment. But being able to reaffirm some things that have come back does help me know I'm on the right track. Last thing I need is to start believing fallacies as far as memory goes."

".. you don't usually do all of this by yourself do you?" Her eyes lingered over the folder.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:34 am

"I do what is necessary to maintain order on this campus," Vera answered, "Whether I am alone or have the aid of multiple students and Prefects, my duties as Head Girl do not change. All the other Head Girls are currently off campus so the entire campus has been my responsibility."

"You asking about it is fine, Ms. Rossignol," the woman clarified, "I am simply stating why I did not bring it up initially. Our talents do have similarities though our upbringings are certainly very different. I have concerns about students who choose to practice certain... unnatural talents. There have been correlations of such practices and issues much like the nightmares you have suffered. I rather not reintroduce potential threats to your psyche during these delicate times."

"I will look into this professor. Such conduct is not constructive nor wanted on Shokushu," the woman added as she opened the folder and began going through the necessary routine as always, "I will have a list of tutors and their available times sent to your room tomorrow morning. As for your concern for me, I have been on this island far longer than you and been Head Girl for many years as well. I am used to the burden I bear. Besides, as you can see, there are certain perks awarded for my efforts."

Vera signed a few papers and typed information into her computer. She seemed rather used to having a conversation while juggling work. "You are my last Prefect to report today so if you have further questions and concerns, I am here," the woman stated, "I am pleased to see you have taken to your Prefect duties. May even say your performance is better than before. You are struggling with math but you already know this and already voiced a course of action. As always, do not forget to maintain your dorm. If you have requests, please feel free to make them. Much like myself, there are boons for your services as my Prefect, use them as you wish."

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:53 am

Cheeks flush slightly at the compliment. She couldn't help but appreciate the approval. After their small attempt to tutor her through the class any amount of encouragement was better than what she received. Still, though. To hear her suspicions be true did not make her feel any less like she'd taken a mere fraction of burden off of Vera. There wasn't much she could do about just getting back into things and simply not knowing other things.

She scoots closer to the desk. "So I understand then," she said with a perkier tone. "I'd be really interested if you could tell me more. Like what training you went through and-" she cut herself off getting too excited she forgot who she was speaking to. She sits back in her chair with a small nod. ".. what I mean is just curious if you'd be willing to share some time. Not now obviously since you're probably busy and.. I babbled back then didn't I." She shakes her head. "Definitely did."

Attempting to change the subject, she looked over the files and would look to see if she help her file the reports away. If it would speed the process, Clarice would do what she could. Something felt very comfortable helping the woman. If there was no important conversations to be had Claire would gently tap Vera on the shoulder if she was too focused in the reports.

"You eaten lunch yet?"

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:22 am

"You seem to be in better spirits," Vera replied, "And what training are you referring to? I have trained and studied many things from running businesses and various subjects here in Shokushu."

Claire did not seem to be waiting to be dismissed. The Prefect wanted to keep working, keep doing things. The constant activity did look like it helped in her recovery. The files in question were provided by the Prefect so it was safe for her to handle them as long as she did not attempt to look at any other records. Vera informed the blonde Prefect where to take the files in question while she continued with matters that still required a Head Girl's attention. It may be impossible to completely remove the burden Vera carried but this Prefect was determined to do all she could to lighten the load.

Vera sipped her tea, placing the now empty cup aside as she finished up her work. "I ate a little. At this hour, may as well look towards dinner," the Head Girl said as she rose to her feet. The woman brought both arms above her as she slowly stretched. Though her uniform was nothing short of immaculate, it was still a Shokushu uniform. The buttoned blouse hugged her breasts as they strained against their tight confines. Her short skirt left much of her long silky legs exposed. With a slow breath, she pulled her long silver hair behind her shoulders and lowered her arms. She smoothed her uniform and adjusted her sash that hung loosely around her waist.

"Have you eaten today?" Vera asked as she looked over towards Clarice.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:51 am

"In your more unnatural talents," she answered more specifically. "I've always been curious of such things. I know I have books and the like, but I don't think I was able to ever hone those abilities." She furrows her brows. "I feel as if something awful had happened.."

There was little to go on and in truth it would be one of the few thing Claire was going to be left wondering. Such things happened a long time ago before Shokushu. Some things were likely lost to the winds of times. Wasn't a happy thought but it was reality.

She stood up and took the empty cup from Vera's desk. "Did you want a refill?" If yes she would find the mean to do so. If not she would take the cup to the sink. While either pouring tea or cleaning the cup, she glanced back to catch the woman beginning her stretch. It was not as if it was an intentional display of her beauty, but Claire couldn't help but appreciate the small marvel. The older woman was well defined. And well endowed as far as physical appearance went. She had received a slightly larger uniform to accommodate herself, but even then she felt the tightness in her own uniform watching Vera's strain.

She turned her head swiftly around to continue what she was doing when she saw the Head Girl turn her way. With her back facing her, she could only curse herself for staring and lingering over the woman's form. "I had a small breakfast. It's really all I've had time for today. Still trying to make things work out, you know," she said with a small chuckle. "I had asked genuinely, but partly it was because I'm getting hungry myself.. guessing you picked up on that."

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:29 am

With the work day over, Vera did not ask for another cup of tea. Claire took it upon herself to clean the cup. The Head Girl was seeing what sort of services this woman would do without her own input. It would be rather simple to give command after command but, Vera did not like people who merely obeyed like machines awaiting orders. There was also the matter of what memories could surface if she nudged too hard. The last thing she needed was to crush this student's rebellious phase a second time.

Claire tried to hide what she was doing as she watched Vera stretch. The Head Girl was not doing such acts on purpose. Sitting in a chair most of the day did force her to stretch a bit if only to maintain herself. Then again, the Prefect knew nothing of a Head Girl's relation with their respective Headmaster. While Vera had plenty of leadership experience and unique abilities, her physical appearance was a factor in her recruitment. Much like the Prefects, Vera had gone through her own training and posing her body in ways to further accentuate her beauty was rather natural to her now.

Of course, Clarice forgot that her emotions were flaring in the other room. Vera already knew that her Prefect was watching long before she lowered her arms. She could only wonder how long the blonde student would keep cleaning that same cup.

"I pick up on many things, it is part of the job," Vera stated as she approached Clarice, "I have picked up your rise in spirits and your improving health. I have picked up on the fact that you are probably not eating as often as you should and..." The Head Girl moved closer to her Prefect. A hand gently cupped and caressed one of Claire's cheeks before gently gripping her chin. Their lips were close as Vera's breath caressed them as she spoke. "I picked up on the fact you were watching me the entire time I was stretching then turned away in hopes I would not notice," Vera gave a slight smirk, "Tell me, did you like what you see?"

She let the question linger for a moment before releasing the woman and drawing away. Vera could have claimed those lips in a kiss like so long ago but, she did not. Would Claire have stopped the Head Girl if she had?

"You were asking about food. Did you have something in mind for dinner, Ms. Rossignol?" Vera stated as she turned to head back to her desk to straighten things out. She always tried to maintain a standard with her suite as much as her own appearance. Such a large suite did make it hard to keep up while also tending to classes and her own duties.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:57 am

She already knew she was taking her sweet time with a single dish. It came down to trying to present work as her own and began drying two plates that were in the sink to make it seem like appropriate time loss. Short thinking and over compensating might save her from having been caught. She listened to Vera from behind as she set the dishes aside. The Head Girl was taking a stern Head Mistress approach from the tone she was taking with her. She was unsure how to feel about it.

Moving things around she didn't hear the silver haired woman approach. "I'm eating as I can," she interjected. "And..? O-oh." She turned with a start. Vera was right behind her. Surprise turned to stiffened uncertainty. A hand stroked her cheek and then proceeded to make her look her directly in the eyes. Caught red-handed. Feeling the hot breath upon her lips made them tickle. Claire could tell Vera was very used to throwing students off balance. Clarice was unsure where this subject was going, but she wasn't going to appear meek when there was no harm done. Surprised but undaunted, she lifted her chin of her own will and turned away.

"... you're pretty. No harm in admiring beauty is there?" she said defensively, standing by her choice rather than denying it. But the subject didn't remain on the matter. Food was the next item on the menu.

"Claire.." she deadpanned, correcting the Head Girl. Was that a small slight for ogling her from afar? Regardless, she pressed further. "Hmm. This is going to sound silly, but I'm unsure if we can be treated to pasta? I don't know why but I'm craving spaghetti. What I had for breakfast was a bagel and some crackers.. not really satisfying."

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:26 am

"If that were true, you would not have tried to hide that you were staring," Vera replied, not even looking back at the other woman as she returned to her desk. Claire tried to appear tough before the Head Girl only to immediately answer the Head Girl's commanded question. The attempted act of defiance was cute but disappointing. It just proved that this was not the same Clarice as before or at least not yet. Until more is known about this recovering woman, Vera saw no need to tease this woman further.

"Food is on rotation though I am sure something as simple as pasta could be ordered to my suite," Vera said simply, "I do not order food that often but it should not take long."

Vera usually just had whatever she had available in the kitchen or she ate the food provided by Prefects and students that wanted to serve her. On this island full of alien monsters that she had no control over, the Head Girl took great pleasure in expressing control over students who grew attached to her. Her relations with other students were rather distinct in who had control over the other.

"I will have an order sent," the Head Girl stated, sending a message down to the cafeteria of a meal for two. While that was being processed, the silver haired woman would sit down in the living area and relax a bit. It was bit different from her normal routine though such details were only known to her. But, these were different times and she would have to adapt as Claire continued to recover.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:51 am

Clarice couldn't please all the time. The sudden tease would make any uncertain person a little nervous. It wasn't that she didn't find some enjoyment in the attention, but it was a startling to have her personal space invaded and it not be on her terms. But just as quickly as it all happened, it was moved onto something else. The blonde woman held no issue with the matter. She did have to inwardly admit she did coward away when it would've helped her point.

Was she afraid of the woman? Or what these unsure feelings were?

The Head Girl sent out the order and things settled once more. Clarice followed Vera to the living area. She sat next to Vera and watched the woman relax for a brief moment. The woman had been working nonstop since she had come to know her so it was good to see she could have a moment.

"This is probably a bit forward, Vera," she started to say, "Also I feel as if I've sort of welcomed myself into your room. Sorry..about that. I was wondering though. If we're going to be working together.. again.. would you mind if I asked to get to know you a bit better?"

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:30 am

Vera was soon joined by her Prefect, the two sitting together on the couch much like a week ago. Clarice was a complicated student thanks to the reckless behavior of NICE labs. They practically broke this woman then told the pieces to come knocking at her door. Just another broken lab project was probably what those labcoats thought of the whole ordeal.

With no past to remember outside the island yet, Shokushu was Claire's entire world now. The irony was not lost on Vera. The only saving grace this incident provided was it gave this student a bit more time. Until she graduates, Claire was none the wiser of what Shokushu's real purpose was.

"There is nothing to apologize for, Claire," Vera replied, "If I wanted you out, I would have ordered you to leave. Your memories are limited and what memories I could help with all involve your Head Girl. You are my responsibility now until you get yourself back to stable footing. As I said before, you are free to ask your questions. If you wish to ask about me then do so. What do you wish to know?"

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:55 am

Clarice shuffled slightly. "It's not that I don't get it. Just wanted to make sure, you know." There was a lot to ask. "I'm not sure where to begin.. what major are you going for? How did you end up a Head Girl here?" Simple things to ask Claire figured. Nothing too personal. She was curious about the woman and wanted to know more and put her perspective in better light. She would listen quietly to the Head Girl's answers, keeping her posture proper out of respect.

She did get curious about one thing in particular. "How did you discover.. your talent? I.. don't remember how I did." She wasn't sure if the woman could or would answer but figured it was worth a shot. She was truly curious of what magic Vera knew. And while she doubted and respected if she didn't go into details in that regard, there was no harm learning some history on her Head Girl right?

Crossing a slender leg over the other, she intertwined her hands and looked to the silver haired woman with interest.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:05 pm

"I was a business major though I also worked towards a computer science. With the rise in technology, I wanted to take advantage of the fact we have one of the most advanced labs in the world here. I am currently working towards my masters in both fields." Graduate level courses would help explain why this woman has been on the island for so long.

"I have many talents but, I assume you mean the ones similar to yours," the woman responded as she pulled her long silver hair back, allowing the extremely long strands to rest on the couch, "I thought it was normal to see colors around others. It was not. It was a trait I had as far back as I could remember."

"As for my other talents," Vera began, "That is rather personal. Back then, I was struggling to adapt to this island's environment. Students always act skeptical when I explain how this new environment can put a strain on someone in ways they could never expect. Isolated on an island with mostly only other females to interact with. Saying it makes it sound easy. But, just because you think it is of little consequence, the human body and mind can think otherwise and lash out when something they were used to suddenly was gone or muted."

"In my struggles, I too turned to studying the arts," she continued, "Little did I know it only made things worse. Magic requires a level of... stability lest you get overcome with its unnatural influences. It made my moments of weakness worse and my condition worsened as a result. Eventually, my activities resulted in being corrected. It took time but, getting away from the magic and focusing on understanding myself better clarified what was happening. I even used my talents to confirm it when I was more stable. From then on, I devoted myself to my studies both academic and magical. I was more active here in Shokushu and the Headmaster took notice. With my previous record of running businesses of my own, I was a natural pick to be a Head Girl and lead others."

"My only regret was that I did not think things through sooner," Vera stated, "It is hard to face one's own vulnerabilities. I have seen it time and again students struggling on this island and refusing any help or advice offered. No one wants to be told that their own mind is doing this to them. This school has plenty of opportunities to grow or start over. All I can do is try and guide them in the right direction."

A knock came to the door. "Excuse me." Vera rose to her feet and headed for the door. Her long silver hair trailed in her wake. The Head Girl told her personal story without much hesitation. Her voice never quaked, emotions were never allowed to creep in. The woman seemed to have a grasp of herself at all times. Despite sitting on the couch, did she actually relax even a little?

At the door was the food that Vera ordered. The food was still steaming hot despite the many floor climb to the suite. There were a small variety of drinks from water to soda. Breadsticks and various condiments appropriate to pasta were in small containers or packets. The Head Girl carried the bags to the large dining table that was in one of the far corners of the living area near the door to the balcony. "Food is here, feel free to help yourself," Vera stated as she went to gather some plates before finally sitting down and eating.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:54 pm

"I.. see." She couldn't really imagine the woman having exploitive or obvious weaknesses, but she guesses the Head Girl strived to make herself better. Seems like it had paid off. She hadn't seen her falter much at all. Vera seemed so young to be in this position and going through her multiple majors. One could envy and be at awe that determination. Clarice pondered her own future and endeavors. She found it odd not to be sent home after having such an accident.. maybe she didn't have a home to go back to? What was she to do going forward other than try to pick up where she left off. At worst she'd have her studies completed and be able to acquire a career.

"I don't really understand. Is this campus that harsh that it makes students lose control of themselves? I can't really see being in an all female school that troubling.. it's only for a few years for most, no?" It's not like this was a military camp and everyone ran drills under the pretense of battle soon to come. "I can understand being lonely in such a place with family or friends back home. Doesn't seem quite enough to be an excuse to cause damage or harm.." Her brows furrow. "And I.. did this? I really don't understand that. Did I have medical conditions or something? Do I still? Just doesn't seem rational."

Shrugging she sits for a moment longer as Vera goes to answer the door. Seeing it was food she ordered she gets up moves to the dining table. "It does sound awful, though. But I'm glad you were able to overcome it. Seems to have worked for the better.. and I have nothing I might've been learning before. Just.. here again to have to relearn it all."

The thought wasn't pleasing. Would she have to go through the possible struggles she'd suffered again? Did she even learn from any hardships before? Was she doomed to repeat them?

Blinking she realized she'd been staring off in deep thought. "Oh. Thank-you, by the way." Offering her gratitude, she digs into the bags to find what she assumed was hers. Taking a seat, she opens the lid and scowls. "Ah... forgotten there's not a nice way to eat this, is there?" Taking a fork she digs it in and twirls it to have the noodles so when she raises it to her mouth she's not leaving a trail of of a mess behind. That was at least the hope.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:36 am

"I experienced it, I know what I am talking about," Vera stated firmly, "And we spoke of seeing emotional auras and magical arts just moments ago, rational went out the window. Magic does seem to act strange on this island. It is hard to describe. As for the environment itself, it is not my place to judge what does or does not trigger a person. Like I mentioned before, you may think it is just fine until you experience it yourself. Isolation and being away from your previous life can be trying on anyone."

Vera's tone did not change even as she was told her similar experiences were not rational. Either the student will believe her or not. She has been through this routine before. But as two mystics and empaths at that, she had hoped this clean slate was bit more open to the idea. It was of no consequence for now. Vera would have to deal with the matter one way or another when the time inevitably comes.

"I overcame it because I was willing to set aside my doubts and believe the staff who had more experience with the island than myself. But, I know students can sometimes not wish to listen to things that make them sound like they are the irrational ones. Being told 'it is all in your head' tends to make a student think they have mental issues, a matter that tends to be looked on negatively in most societies. Accepting that I was the problem allowed me to focus on correcting myself much like I correct the students who violate the rules here."

The Head Girl was careful to coil the threads of noodle around her fork before eating it to limit it from trailing from her lips. She seemed to approach everything in a composed matter. Vera would say nothing more and focus on eating and drinking some water. Only after she finished eating or if Clarice decided to engage another conversation would she look up to listen politely.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next