View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A quiet day at the park (Saria) 

Post A quiet day at the park (Saria)
The days have been growing colder but seems today was an exception. With the midday sun shining in the clear sky, warmth had found it's place in many open clearings in the park. This was a good a time as any to spend a day outdoors before the winter ends all want of doing that. Kanoe walks slowly down the path. The sound of rustling leaves could be heard as her long black robes graze the dead foliage that was on the ground. Her eyes close for a moment as the sun soaks into her body, shining on the pale skin of her face while gently causing the silver clasp on her long braid to sparkle. Yes, this was a day worthy of a bit of relaxation.

She ignores what students she saw out there with her as she continues to search for a more secluded spot to sit. As she came closer to the edge of the woods she found what she was looking for. A small circle of road surrouding a garden with empty benches on each of the sides. Kanoe saw one girl jogging her lap but with her leaving, she was alone. With a sigh, the young witch sits and leans back on the bench. Her eyes close for a moment as the thought of sleep was sounding rather nice. It was indeed nice to take a break from the hours of nightly studies and rituals.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:33 pm

Saria had finally found a break from her studies. A break from that horrible room that she had to sleep in, which she avoided as much as possible. With her break, she went outside, like she usually did. There was a small garden that she wanted to visit that she had heard of from some other students. Of course, Saria being the nature lover that she is, had to see the garden.

She was glad she had decided to wear her longsleeve shirt. It was warm out but not quite warm enough to warrant a tee shirt. The path seemed nice enough, not too worn down, but she didnt care. Afterall, she was used to forest paths, holes, rough terrain, that sort of thing. After a few minutes of walking, she came into the small park. The first thing she noticed wasnt the garden, but another student. This one frightened her slightly, but she put it out of her mind. As Saria walked to the garden, she passed the woman.

"H-he-hello..." She smiled, though obviously nervous, and went on to the flowers, gently feeling them. As she touched one simple white one, she closed her eyes. The petals changed colors from white to a vibrant blue, her hands hiding what she did, not wanting to tell anyone of her magic.

Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:15 pm

A few rogue strands of raven black hair sway in the gentle breeze as Kanoe sits on the bench. The rest of her long hair was kept in check in a braid, a silver clasp hanging at the end. The young witch's gaze stares at the small garden in the center of the circle. She prefers the quiet. Though her room is far more silent, she sometimes likes to hear a different sort of silence. She was no naturelover but, she sometimes finds different sceneries...pleasant to look at.

There was of course other reasons. With so many living plants around her, she can see alot more threads of mana in the area. Flowing in and out of all living things. A perfect place to practice a simple mental exercise. Kanoe closes her eyes and focuses on listening to the gentle breeze around her. She was not sure why you had to hear mana before you can see it. Perhaps it was just a mind set and the sound was a sign of being in such a state of mind. Slowly, the young witch begins to tune out the sound of the air around her. She was searching for a different sound, one that is hidden within the breeze.

~H-H-Hello..~

An audible 'tch' escapes her lips as her eyes open before she was ready. Kanoe blinks at the student who called out to her. So much for the exercise for now. It was troublesome she was hoping to be alone but instead another shows up and even calls out to her. The woman seemed nervous but continues to move over to the garden. The student looked like she was tending some of the flowers. The young witch sighs softly.

"Is something the matter?" She asks simply.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:18 am

Saria looked back up to her after changing the color of the flower, her nervousness beginning to fade as she was spoken to. Her hair caught the breeze for a moment, and rustled slightly, making her giggle softly.

"No. Nothing's wrong. I just..." She trailed off, not knowing what 'she just', quite yet. She kneeled on the ground and took another flower in her hands, changing it to a deep purple and inhaling deeply. "Mmm... I love the smell of flowers. Do you?" She looked back to the other and smiled.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:27 am

Why was this woman asking this? Perhaps one of those cheerful friendly type of students. Whatever, she was here to relax and she was not going to let this person irritate her. There was something strange about this particular student though. Kanoe could not put her finger on it however.

"I do not spend my time sniffing flowers," She answers.

The young witch shifts her gaze to the trees of the woods nearby. Occasionally the leaves would rustle as bird take flight. For an island filled with monsters, it really did have a peaceful atmosphere at times. Kanoe lets her hands rest on her lap as she leans back against the bench, trying to relax her tense body for once.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:34 am

"Oh..." Saria blinked and went back to the flowers for a moment, changing a few before standing up. "If... If you would like me to leave you alone... I can..." She put her hands behind her back and looked down, awaiting her response.

I guess... She doesnt like me?

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:42 am

"It's up to you," She says simply, "It is a public park."

She sighs softly. It was not uncommon for other students to be uncomfortable around her. Her cold attitude towards nearly everyone tends to lead to that. Kanoe brushes the stray strands of her hair back behind her ears. Seems the student likes this particular spot. Though she was not that concerned, she had no interest in causing trouble.

"Seems you favor this area," She continues, "Do you wish me to leave?"

The girl was not that bothersome. But, if the feeling was not the same from her then she will simply move to another area or maybe call it a day. She was not picky. She just needed a rest.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:04 am

"No." Saria shook her head. "I dont want you to leave." She straightened out her clothes and smiled. "I'll just be a little quieter for you. I came for the flowers, so I guess I wont be too long." She knelt next to a patch of blue flowers and cupped one again, turning it lavender and kissing one of the petals. "So pretty." She turned a few more the same color and began working on a design, wondering if the other woman would even notice what she was doing.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:22 am

At first the woman thought this person was just tending to the garden. But, there were no tools or even gloves around the area. She had been having a strange feeling since this student began touching the flowers. Kanoe's eyes narrow as she looks at the garden once more. She could have sworn there were more colors than this. What used to be a rainbow of different color flowers was now fewer more consistent colors. Like they were in a pattern. She gazes at the woman, something wasn't right.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:29 am

"Hmm? Saria looked up again and blinked, blushing slightly and stepping back as though she had been caught stealing. "N-nothing... I uhmm.... Nothing..." She looked away and took another step back. "Just uhmmm..."

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:33 am

The reaction spoke plenty of words. This woman definitely did not have a poker face. Kanoe sighs as she slowly rises to her feet. The breeze causes her robes to sway gently, caressing the pale body that hid within them.

"Could have simply said tending to the garden," She says, giving a slight shrug, "But, since you didn't and seem rather nervous. Perhaps you should tell me what you are doing."

She remained where she was. Kanoe was still unsure who this girl was. And she has been tricked by plenty of monsters and demons to show a bit of paranoia and caution. Until she knows for sure, she will just assume it was something serious.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:38 am

Saria's head hung a little, knowing she had been caught. "I... I dont want to tell you... You might.... You might get scared... And I dont want to scare anyone anymore..." She sighed softly and looked down, moving a little dirt in a patch with her foot. Her heart was racing, afraid that somehow she knew, somehow she would tell the others, and somehow they would be afraid and make fun of her, just like last time.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:44 am

Why would she be scared of a girl who seems to be more afraid of her than anything? It could be just a way to bait her. Who knows? But, this student really did look terrorfied about something she wants to keep hidden.

"I've been through much worse," She says coldly, "So answer.."

Maybe not the best at making friends but Kanoe knew what she wanted. That little secret seemed to have peaked her interest for the moment.

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:59 pm

She winced when she was told to answer her, sighing and nodding. "Allright... I'll tell you... But you have to promise to keep it a secret first. Ok?" While waiting for an answer, she bent over and picked a flower, holding it in her hands gently. "Then I'll show you what I've been doing..."

Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:08 am

"Fine," Kanoe says, "I have no interest in gossip anyway."

She gently tugs on the upside down cross of her necklace. What was this woman so afraid of? It's not like she's a monster despite what other students call her at times. But it was not her place judge such things. Many people are afraid of the unknown and in turn the unknown is afraid of ignorant. Simply how the world works throughout history. Kanoe's eyes narrow slightly as she keeps her focus on the woman. Guess she was no better in the paranoia department.

Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next