View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 7:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Dropping In (for Michael) 

Post Dropping In (for Michael)
Midori Gemma:

"OUTTA DA WAY! OUTTA DA WAY!" Midori's frantic voice carried itself down the hall as a grinding sound followed in her wake. Several gasps, a startled shriek and a near miss had not slowed her down in the least. The simple fact was that Midori was incapable of stopping. Gee, how had she forgotten to attach stoppers to these make shift roller skates of hers? For all her genius such an oversight had been unforgiveable but live and learn as they say.

Needless to say her balance hadn't been what it use to be either, not that she had often managed to partake of such matters in the past. See, she had not had much fun as a child. Ok, so she had no fun as a kid. Nil, zip, zilch, nadda ... but that was not to say she couldn't make up for that now.

"WOOH!" Squeezing between two students Midori surprised herself by crouching low. She popped back up so she was standing, made a quick glance back to ensure that she had not caused one of the girls she passed to get knocked off balance and instantly regretted her lapse in concentration. For by this state Midori had gathered up considerable speed racing into what appeared to be a communal gathering area of sorts, perhaps even a recreational room it was hard to say with how fast things were flying by her. By the time she had looked back though it was too late to swirve out of the way of the lounge in front of her.

She hit it. Hard. Right at her lower abdomen and pelvic bone region, her momentum caused her to flip head over heels as she easily cleared the back of the lounge in such a fashion that her shoulder blades hit the very edge of the lounge itself. Nope, no soft landing for her as Midori missed the cushions entirely landing with a thud upon the hard wood floor. Not even the barest of carpets to ease her fall.

"OWW!" The first sound that passed out of her lips. Nothing broken except maybe her pride Midori sat there on the floor in front of the lounge in a brief daze. Her abdomen burned as did her rump but all in all she was ok. She fared far worse in her days and in a few moments the burning and stinging sensations would pass. "What a lousy place for a lounge! When I find out who the interior decorator is for this place why I'm going to give them a chastising talking too!"

Midori hadn't been serious of course. Fact was she shouldn't have been roller skating through the halls in the first place. With a frown upon her lips that quickly became a small smile the young woman tried to pull herself up to her feet. Mistake number two. See, her legs went numb as they smacked down upon the floor and as she tried to rise she found that numb legs and roller skates could be a particularly lethal combination. Her skates slipped out from underneath her depositing her back upon her rear.

"DOUBLE OWW!" Midori went silent for a long moment as if only realizing that now she had stirred up such a ruckus that several pairs of eyes had fallen upon her. A sheen of crimson rose up to her cheeks as she could feel the flush of heat just beneath their surface. Coyly she thought it best to make light of the situation, not that she was taking this fiasco seriously by far. "Ok I'm not getting up from this spot. Tell my professors I'm going to take all my leasons from here. Food will have to be brought up to me and somebody is going to have to rearrange the plumping of this place to place a toilet beneath me or something. Seriously I'm going to brake my neck before even getting a gander at my syllabus for the semester!"

A quick look around her determined that no one was smiling, at least not from what she could see. Yep, plenty of stares and glances her way as if she had sprouted a second head or something. Ah, well, Midori shrugged it off like water off the back of a duck. Stretching her arms out she reached to one skate unlacing it before plucking it free from her foot before turning to the next one.

Aegir's profile
Midori Gemma
full sized image of Aegir

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:23 am
Profile ICQ
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]