View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 First Lunch ((For MewHime/Akane, Others welcome)) 

Post First Lunch ((For MewHime/Akane, Others welcome))
It was into the early afternoon, coming up about 1pm, when Saira had finally decided to go visit the main lunchroom for the school, deciding to get herself a more... typical cafeteria-fare kind of meal. Potatoes, a nice cut of chicken, some peas, and a soda. It was a normal meal, she thought, and judging from the looks of the whole plate, it didn't seem like the on-campus options were that terrible. This was good, as she'd have to get used to that!

The darker-skinned girl sat at an empty table as she began working at the food with her fork, brushing some locks of her black hair out of the way when they drooped threateningly near her food. For now, this was just about her first day or so here, and she knew nobody... But then again, new students come here every now and then - maybe there was someone else who hadn't yet formed their own clique? Saira mused about this, noting it'd be good to meet someone here, have someone to watch her back as classes started.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:36 pm

Post Re: First Lunch ((For MewHime/Akane, Others welcome))
Akane, knowing on what the other girls, on the campus said about the food being "total 'yuck' " she brought her own food which was typical for when she was living back in Tokyo- she sat by a lonesome girl who was eating the cafe-food. Akane set down her bowl full of rice, with a pickle on top. she pulled out her chopsticks and started eating.

she looked at the corner of her eyes, towards the other girl, who is munching down on the cafeteria food, then turned back to her food and continued munching on her own food.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:49 pm

As the ohters, Cheerful Nene was wondering around for lunch. She was pretty excited by the many kinds of food that so much different from her homeland. And this's the first day so nice to try. Then after a while routing around the cafeteria, takeing everything that she never seen, She finished up with some potato ,chicken ,soup ,salad ,sushi ,and many kinds of souce in one dish before head to taking a seat beside the anothers two girls that just started eating, glaced at them and their meal a little then her own. "a bit strange but their have to be yummy" She thought.

But after the first spoon her countenance suddenly change. And for the second she have to force herself hardly to swallow it. Then she began to glanced around tried to asking for some help...

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:57 pm

((Sorry about the multi-hour lag, I tend to be busybusy in the day.))

At first blush, Saira seemed to absorbed completely in her own meal, only somewhat looking back at Akane when she noticed the girl looking over at her from the far side of the large cafeteria table, but since Akane immediately stopped paying attention, Saira paid it little heed. A few more forkfulls of food shuffled from plate to mouth.

But a few moments later she looked around again, slipping into a bit of peoplewatching - she wasn't exactly used to all-girls schools so it was somewhat intriguing to see a cafeteria scene with no boys, men or anything male at all. And... as she looked around, the girl noticed someone else sitting down, and was about to glance and ponder whether she was going to pay any attention, when the other girl (Nene) began having trouble with her food.

Saira looked completely up from her plate, and over at Nene, her face shifting slightly as an air of concern formed in her expression and tone.

"Ah, are you alright?"

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:32 am

she ate every last grain of rice, in her bowl. she turned to nene who seemed to have trouble eating her food from the cafe. she mumbled something that sounded like, "bloody cafe food...". she turned to a cooler, beside her, opened it and got a second lot of rice out, aswell as a small bowl of pickles.

she turned towards saira who had finished her dish in just a few. all that Saira saw of her was a dirty, gritty looking girl, with torn clothes, several cuts, bruises and the random deep cut at some places. making saira think of her as a poor orphaned girl.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:34 pm

"Err... I just got some problem with my meal." A bit awkward replied. "Do you mine if I asked how can you eat it?" Nene asked straightly, keeping her eyes on her plate, then the anothers plates. Thinking so hard. then she didn't hear any words from the mumbled girl beside, but once that girl brought out some rice. Her eyes suddenly moving toward them, she tried to force herself back, but no effect. as her stomach began to rumble. her hand slowly lift up out of control moving over the things that the girl bring out. while her eyes shuffle between that girls and her food rapidly.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Despite all appearances to the contrary, Saira knew enough to not think of Akane as anything. Rich as her background was, the young Egyptian-American knew full well that no matter the girl's appearance, she was still at this school. Didn't her parents say it was good? Didn't they? No. There must be some other explanation...

But for now, her attention was focused on Nene, as she... sort of furrowed her face at the seeming agreement between the other two that the food here was poor. With a sheepish smile and a dismissive wave of her hand, the Egyptian-American tried to keep them from thinking she was some kind of freak of nature.

"Oh, oh, this? It's not great, but it's not like there are good alternatives - after all, this is just an island, the only other food we could find would be hunted for or something - kinda like on those reality show things. So you just deal, yeah? I once had some pizza in Brooklyn that tasted just as good as the box it came in - the best is supposed to be there, I know, it's so weird, but really, I mean it!"

A thought struck her, as she rubbed her chin absent-mindedly.

"Hrm. Though. I guess if you brought that much rice with you... then you don't have to go and find out if you'll, like, someday feed on a tree frog or something, just to avoid the food here! But, uh. Cover your nose? Lot of taste's actually smell, and..."

Another thought, and the girl blushed slightly, looking down at her plate for a second. The question was directed at both of them, albeit neither one in particular.

"Ee, rambling! I'm Saira Nejem, I just got here yesterday. You are?..."

Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:10 pm

she looked towards Nene, who was slowly moving towards her for the rice she was getting out of the cooler. "oh. here you go," she said handing Nene a bowl of rice with a pickle on top. she smiled towards the girl to finish her second lot of rice.

she turne towards the other girl. "well, from what i've heard, the food here obviously needs abit more touch. like, lets see....they need a bit more ramen and okonomiyaki...", akane remembered stealing the ramen and okonomiyaki, back in Tokyo. "i'm Akane Tendo by the way- Martial Artist in jujitsu, kung fu, vovinam, and TKD, i too arrived here yesterday on luck" she replied to saira, "it's a pleasure to meet you, miss Nejem." she looked towards Saira with a smile then continued to eat the rice, soon to finish up.

Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:35 pm

As Nene's imagine keep following every words, Her mind was going so far. "that's mean I have to had this kind of meal for 1 2 3..... days" She began to count, but wriggled instantly as the question come. "Err... I'm Nene .... Nene Jin have been here about 1 2 3... hours" She began to counting again until Akane handed her a bowl. "Who care isn't it? Anyways thanks" Then took and enjoy pure rice wish sparkles in her eyes, even the words "Martial artist" made her paused for a second, glacing at Akane's face, but she continues that fast before anyones could looked back.

And once she finished. "Nice to meet you both. and thanks again for the meal." said as her mood back to cheerfully again. keeping giggled anyways

Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Saira tilted her head at Akane's comments. So she hated the food unilaterally... because it didn't have some Japanese food, some of which Saira had never heard of? Wow. She immediately decided to keep the discussion off of food.

"...Martial artist? That's a lot of styles! Did you get here on an athletic scholarship or something? Hrm, hrm. But, great to meet you all!"

And soon enough, Saira finished her own food, cleaning up the mess of potatoes somewhat. She scratched her chin for a second, wondering what to do next. Moreover, what to do with new friends... maybe?

"Ah, well, that was... er. Anyway! Since we're all fairly new here, we probably don't know all that many people around here. Did any of you want to go somewhere and hang out? Or read books, or take a swim, or something?"

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:05 am

"i don't think i did get here by athletics. i think it was just plain luck- i was an orph-" she paused there, because she didn't want to remember being orphaned her entire life, up till now.

she blurted out, "you can go down to my new room and we can chill for a few." she said to the other two in welcoming enthusiasm. she picked up her cooler and bowl, then headed to where the rooms are.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:19 pm

Saira nodded somewhat at Akane, wondering why she was so evasive. She almost said she was an orphan... was she that worried about being stigmatized for being poor? Was she worried about something else? Urgh. Saira wondered why she was even getting into all this analysis. Maybe her room might have something in it that'll explain all of this better.

"Huh, your room's as good as mine or Nene's, y'know. I wouldn't mind!"

A subtle glance at Nene, wondering what she was all about. She seemed strange too - cheerful, then confused, then cheerful again. Curiouser and curiouser. But despite all of this Saira's tone remained friendly.

"How about you, Nene?"

Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:11 am

"y...yah. L...Let's go then" Nene replied without worth any seconds on thinking. In the truth she didn't care for the place, just need to hang around with another persons. Even through her imagine still went so fast, tried to designed about Akane room and tried to fullfill the word "orph-." but seem like she didn't have enough intelligent to did it. But that still made hers keeping vacant til another two went so far.

so "Hey wait a sec." bump up and running after them.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:39 am

With another curious glance at Nene - what was with that girl? She seemed... strange. - Saira stood up from the table, and glanced at Akane with a smile. So then, it was decided!

"Alright then, lead the way!"

We can only assume Akane did so. The dark-skinned girl did make sure to traipse carefully through the halls, mindful not to bump into anyone else, or hinder Nene, who she was actually beginning to worry or at least wonder about... And thus was the plan for following.

Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:26 am

She lead the other two girls to room #365, on the third floor of the dorms. as she opened the door, the other two saw it was full of traditional Japanese, Vietnamese and Chinese decorations. on the wall, was a stick mounted and two smaller sticks. a Summer komono was laid straight on her bed, and 6 woven sacks, full of rice, in her closet. aswell in her closet, along with the school uniform was Clothing from Vietnam, China and Japan.

"welcome to my room, ladies" she said with a bright smile on her face as she walks over to the bed,

Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next