View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:00 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Re: Delicate Magic (for Kanoe) 

Post Delicate Magic (for Kanoe)
It's the weekend, and there are no classes, but the days are growing cooler.. and so most of the girls have chosen to stay inside today. Which is fine with Aurora. The weather is still warm for her compared to Scandinavia, so it's easy for her to slip out of the dorms and away from the campus without being seen.

She heads quickly along a small path through the woods that leads up onto a cliff. The air is crisp up here.. and it provides a wonderful view of both the sea and of the school. This is one of Aurora's favorite spots to come alone, because it reminds her a little bit of her village, and the ocean view along the Norwegian coast. At least, as much as anything on this island does.

She looks out for a few moments, enjoying the view, before turning away. After all, she came up here for a reason. Practice! Practice at a safe distance, and in secrecy.

So it is that she calls up the ice and cold inside her.. and begins to try and work the ice. Not just summon it though.. but sculpt it.. something delicate.. a sculpture of a giant snowflake. The magic is delicate.. building the snowflake a piece at a time.. building up the ice layer by layer. As she works - the air on the cliff gets colder and colder.. noticeably colder than the rest of the island.

Aurora concentrates on building the sculpture.. all of her will focused on it.. on containing the raging storm inside her, and channeling it into this delicate work of art.

SFA: Lorielle, Star Faerie Princess

Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:44 am

Post Re: Delicate Magic (for Kanoe)
Paranoia always made going outside difficult for Kanoe, or anywhere for that matter. With several monster attacks known to her and even more that she did not remember had left the woman less than eager to explore the island or the school. Only the witch's cold logic managed to pull her away from her room. As long as Keemari's flower was in that room, neither her or her love can really say it is safe.

With that fear pushed aside for now, Kanoe began a walk into the woods. The cool breeze gently brushes across the soft fabric of her black robes. Her necklace bounces lazily against her chest with each step she takes. The afternoon sun shines down on her only to be soaked into the darkness of her long hair and robes. She went without shoes, the grass not feeling uncomfortable at all as she walks.

The dark witch was not really looking for anything or any place particular. She simply wished to have a walk and stretch her legs after countless nights studying in the dorm room. Kanoe was sure Claire would not worry much about her not being there when she gets back from classes. The two disappearing for short times tends to happen on this island.

Kanoe shivers slightly as she runs into a wall of cold air. Her skin began to have slight goosebumps as she looks up at the sun through shaded trees. She did not think it was going to be this cold. Thinking of turning back, her eyes notice the forest clearing onto an open cliff. The answer of her unspoken question was becoming rather apparent as she sees a woman channeling the powers of water and air into a large ice crystal shaped in a snowflake. There were more who channel mana here? It was becoming less shocking as the witch came upon more and more gifted young women. She approaches quietly, her arms wrapped around her in a small defense against the chilled air. She did have a few curiosities but she had no intention of interrupting, she would hate it if it were to happen to her.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:15 pm

Paranoia always made going outside difficult for Kanoe, or anywhere for that matter. With several monster attacks known to her and even more that she did not remember had left the woman less than eager to explore the island or the school. Only the witch's cold logic managed to pull her away from her room. As long as Keemari's flower was in that room, neither her or her love can really say it is safe.

With that fear pushed aside for now, Kanoe began a walk into the woods. The cool breeze gently brushes across the soft fabric of her black robes. Her necklace bounces lazily against her chest with each step she takes. The afternoon sun shines down on her only to be soaked into the darkness of her long hair and robes. She went without shoes, the grass not feeling uncomfortable at all as she walks.

The dark witch was not really looking for anything or any place particular. She simply wished to have a walk and stretch her legs after countless nights studying in the dorm room. Kanoe was sure Claire would not worry much about her not being there when she gets back from classes. The two disappearing for short times tends to happen on this island.

Kanoe shivers slightly as she runs into a wall of cold air. Her skin began to have slight goosebumps as she looks up at the sun through shaded trees. She did not think it was going to be this cold. Thinking of turning back, her eyes notice the forest clearing onto an open cliff. The answer of her unspoken question was becoming rather apparent as she sees a woman channeling the powers of water and air into a large ice crystal shaped in a snowflake. There were more who channel mana here? It was becoming less shocking as the witch came upon more and more gifted young women. She approaches quietly, her arms wrapped around her in a small defense against the chilled air. She did have a few curiosities but she had no intention of interrupting, she would hate it if it were to happen to her.

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Aurora continues to concentrate on building the sculpture in front of her, as the cliff gets colder. The winds pick up along the cliff, growing from a light breeze.. to a strong gust.. to a powerful, ripping wind that pulls at the clothing that both women wear. The magick is clearly starting to get away from Aurora's control.

Then the hail starts... tearing into the sculpture and shattering it. Aurora cries out in shock and frustration as the ice-flake practically explodes around her.. shards of ice flying around the clearing as Aurora falls backwards to the ground.

"Damn it!" she curses in frustration, laying there on the ground as the wind and hail continue for a minute or so before dying away again -- exhausted from having tried to control the storm for so long.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:16 am

Kanoe gasps sharp breaths of air as the gusts of icy winds chills her to the bone. She never seen such a large attempt at channeling before. The witch and Clarice practiced but were bound by the restriction of not completely destroying their own room. She occasionally has a chance to practice under Keemari's hungry gaze but she was never present for Claire's lessons.

The winds send her hair flying, writhing about. Her arms remain tightly around her as she shivers. The fabric of her robes pull to the point of nearly tearing as her body began to take unconcious steps backwards. Common sense finally dawned on her on how much this was a bad idea. The ice was cracking as hail falls about the two women. She knew it was dangerous when others were around her own spells but she did not consider the powers of this tall amazon.

Her arms raise up to guard herself as the spell explodes in ice and frost. She cries out in shock as tiny sparkling shards fall all over her body and clothes. Shivering, she does what she could to shake the frost off her chilled body. Her eyes narrow at the fallen woman in annoyance.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:06 pm

Aurora stands up after sitting there swearing for a minute, and brushes her hands over her clothes to straighten them out.

Surprisingly, she seems completely unharmed by the explosion, even though the ground around her is littered with icy shrapnel, some of which could have easily injured someone. In fact, she appears to have taken less damage from the 'storm' then Kanoe has - as there is no ice or frost on her clothes, and she does not seem to be affected by the cold.

If Kanoe examines the pattern of the ice shrapnel, there is no logical way that she should be unhurt. But of course, this is magick.

Aurora turns, and then notices Kanoe for the first time, and shock registers on her face. "Are you all right? Oh goddess, I'm sorry - I didn't think anyone else was up here!"

Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 am

"Hmph!" She huffs.

Her entire body was shivering as she quickly brushes frost off her robes. The sun was already melting the ice causing her robes to darken and cling to the curves of her body. The witch did what she could to remain composed. But now being completely soaked and icy water, her patience was beginning to thin. Seeing the pale amazon completely untouched by her out of control magic did not help in that matter.

"You thought wrong," She mutters, "I'm fine. Seems there are more...special people on this island than I thought."

Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:27 pm

Aurora seems a bit taken aback by Kanoe's brusque answer, staring at the young woman. "I..I am sorry. May I.. take care of remedying that?" she asks a bit nervously as she gestures to the way the soaked robe clings to Kanoe's body, chilling her. "I assure you that I am able to control the storm well enough to do that"

And as if to demonstrate that, Aurora turns to the ice shrapnel around her -- and with a whisper, a wind picks up.. lifting the ice into the air, causing a whirlwind around Aurora. The funnel then seems to close in on the white-haired beauty. It looks like the ice should shred the girl, but instead the wind and ice just keeps constricting until it is absorbed entirely into the woman.. again with no sign of damage to the woman. Well, that may explain why she didn't get hurt by the explosion.

"May I?" she asks Kanoe again.

Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:56 pm

Kanoe stares at the woman, still holding her own body tightly. For being able to summon jagged shards of ice, this one was rather soft spoken. But, she suppose that tends to be the general unfeeling quality of ice. That did not explain the nervous reaction but then again many students tend to be apprehensive around her. Her eyes narrow briefly as she felt a slight tingling across her skin, sensing the woman channeling once more.

The witch considers the offer. Seems this ice caster had much more control than she does. She could attempt to dry herself with fire. But, she was not particularly confident in her own control, something she would not dare admit to this stranger. With a long sigh, she lets her arms fall to her sides.

"Fine," She replies simply.

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Aurora nods and smiles. "Thank you. I really did not mean to let the storm loose like that."

She summons the storm again, and the winds pick up around Kanoe.. it is cold.. chilling in fact. The wind again pulls at Kanoe's robes... plastering it to her body, while also threatening to rip it free. The water in the cloth starts to turn to frost.. freezing against her body. Then the wind pulls the frost and ice free of the cloth, leaving it dry but still chilled.

The wind then slides from Kanoe to once again encircle Aurora and collapse inward into the witch, as if her body was absorbing it.

Aurora gives a soft sigh.. her brow furrowing in concentration then as another wind picks up around both of the women - flowing back and forth between them. This one is different though - it is slower, gentler. It seems to almost caress Kanoe - stroking her chilled flesh right through her clothes and warming her.. drawing the "chill" from her body and back into the wind, to pour it back into Aurora.

Once Kanoe is no longer chilled, the wind will again retreat back into Aurora, who goes to her knees on the ground, gasping for air. "I am sorry.. about that. It is .. difficult for me.. to do such fine work. The Storm is easier to control when I let it loose. By the way, my name is Aurora.. and I apologize for getting you caught in my backlash.. like that."

Clearly it was important to her to help Kanoe after what happened, but it is equally obvious that it has severely drained Aurora to do it.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:09 am

Her fingers twitch as her body shivers from the initial effects of the spell. She was becoming much colder as her robes are pressed tightly to her body by the winds. The witch gasps as ice cakes against her body. Her heart was pound hard, trying to pump hot blood to her chilled form. As the ice and chill absorb into the woman's body, Kanoe was panting softly from the effects of being exposed to such low temperatures. In a few moments, she will feel better as the sun soaks into her dark robes.

Taking a deep breath, she approaches the exhausted woman. She brushes strands of black hair away from her face, letting the wind trail it behind her shoulders with each step. Kanoe holds out a hand as she stands before Aurora.

"It's fine," She says softly, "My name is Kanoe. It is not often I see such large spells being...attempted on this island."

Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:07 am

Aurora takes Kanoe's hand as she gets back to her feet, although she is still a bit unsteady.

She smiles a bit at Kanoe's comment about such a 'large spell' and shakes her head. "It's not what you might think. The Storm is easy to bring forth and control. The 'largest spell' I attempted was the ice sculpture - because I needed to hold Her back. And the longer I try, the more difficult it becomes." She says with a sigh.

"I'm trying to learn to control smaller manifestations - so that I might have a few more 'practical' uses."

Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:33 pm

She really underestood maybe half of what the woman said but she nods anyway. The witch knew all about not having control over her power. But, Aurora seems to be unaffected by her own spells. The frost and ice seem to absorb in this one's body which was rather strange. It would explain why Aurora's hand was rather cold to the touch. Once the woman was back on her feet, she releases her hand.

"Hold who back?" She asks, refering to the Her mentioned.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:02 pm

[OOC: I am really sorry for the delay in responding. I have been really ill for the last week, and am only now getting back on my feet. I hope we can still continue]

"Skadhi's Storm. It lives in me.. I am a priestess of Skadhi, and her chosen." Aurora tries to explain. "I am.." she seems to struggle for the right translation. "her.. avatar? It is her power that I call, and that lives inside me. The power of the Winter Storm.. it lives within me.. is part of me." she shakes her head.

"I am sorry, it is difficult for me to explain." she says, mildly annoyed at her own lack of words. "Controlling the storm is like... a slow river. If I let all of the storm flow from me, it is easy to guide.. smooth. But when I try to hold it back.. to only use a fraction of the power.. it is like a dam on the river, with a small gap. The water flows faster.. with more pressure.. and it builds up, trying to break the gap so it can rush forth." She sighs, and looks at you, trying to see if this is making any sense at all.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:28 am

"No, you are doing just fine," She replies softly, "So you rely on this...being who resides in you for your powers. And your difficulty is similar to those who have a great abundance of mana and potential. I suppose this Skadhi is why your body is chilled to the bone as well."

She was not expecting this woman to be a priestess. Such roles usually did not exist or at least were more like useless figureheads in religion. No reason to doubt Aurora.

"Are you the only one who can channel this...storm?" She asks.

((it's ok and sorry for the short reply))

Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 121 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next