View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Ice Queens (Zoya) 

Post Ice Queens (Zoya)
The hourly bell sounds and students flood in and out of the school. Kanoe was amongst most of the lucky ones that were leaving classes for the day. She steps out onto the outer steps and lets out a long sigh, another day finished.

Her small upside down cross bounces lightly against the blouse of her black and red uniform. She managed to sneak out a few more of her form of the school uniform with a more conservative skirt and a blouse that fits her. Kanoe brushes her long black hair back behind her shoulders as she walks down the path. As usual she heads directly towards the dorms to continue her own studies on subjects that actually interest her.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:48 pm

Post Re: Ice Queens (Zoya)
Zoya was in hell, she just knew it. No other place could be this hot. Her dyed blue hair hung limp against her face, sweat slicked just like the rest of her, one pale hand rising to push it out of her eyes as she trudged miserably toward the dorms for the first time.

"I wish I'd brought an umbrella or something...", she grumbled to herself, grimacing down at the black tank top plastered to her chest, the black and a blue banded skirt hanging like a shroud around her legs, doing nothing to disperse the heat roiling around her. Sighing, she dragged her suitcase ever onward, looking around at the other girls heading to various places, her eyes narrowing at the uniforms.

"Ugh, uniforms by Scanque and Co. I see...", she snickered to herself, pausing in the shade of a tree to press her hand to her chest, focusing and letting her inner cold leak out, frosting over the sweat coating her. Satisfied with the stop-gap measure, she made a beeline for the dormitory doors, in too much of a hurry to even notice that her little cooling off caused her to steam faintly in the sunlight, as her chill met the heat.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:06 pm

Kanoe continues at a brisk pace to get away from the annoying gossip coming from the rest of the girls leaving class. The day was rather hot which was always an odd thing about this island. Winter seemed to come out of nowhere here but today it felt as if it was getting hotter rather than colder. Sweat glistens lightly over her pale skin as she tries to hurry back to the air conditioned dorm.

Her return was slowed at the sight of a new student to the island. The obvious non uniform attire was a dead give away. But new students were nothing special, they come and they get raped or they get lucky and live a normal life. What made Kanoe blink in slight confusion was the light mist rolling from the woman's pale skin.

Mist rising from one's body was possible...if it were cold and one was working out hard. But this was one of the hottest days of the year and this woman was steaming like dry ice.

Of course this peaks Kanoe's interest slightly. Perhaps this was another 'special' student and can be of use. It was not easy to approach the woman though. The new student looked less than pleased for being here and much less dragging that suitcase around. Gritting her teeth slightly at her own hesitation she finally calls out.

"Um excuse me.." she says softly, "Are you alright? Your body...umm...well it seems to be steaming."

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:24 pm

Having almost made it to the doors, Zoya paused and turned around, piercings glinting in the sunlight at the motion. She blinked a moment, eyeing the other girl up and down, approvingly after a moment, liking the alterations to the uniform. Then what the dark haired girl had said actually filtered through...

"My body? Wha-? Oh. Shit. That never happened before...", Zoya looked down at her chest, frowning at the thin streams of steam wafting from her skin. Tentatively, she pressed her palm to her chest again, releasing a brief chill. She cursed quietly as a fresh puff of steam escaped the edges of her hand.

"Damn it. Thanks for the heads up. It's fine, I just. Erm. I'm very cold natured, I guess you could say. Never been anywhere this hot," she offered a faint smile, all while edging into the shade of the building, glancing around a bit nervously to see if anyone else noticed the strange display.

"You wouldn't happen to know who I talk to for my room assignment, would you? I'd like to get out of this god forsaken heat."

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:56 pm

She smiles faintly watching the woman's eyes look her up and down. It would not surprise her if this one was like many of the other students here. The piercings and odd hair coloring made this one seem like the rebellious sort. Well this woman would have plenty of reasons to rebel soon enough.

Her eyes narrow slightly as the woman places a hand on her chest. She blinks as she notices more mist leaving that hand. There was definitely something off about this one.

"Cold nature huh?" she replies, "The first floor has an office. You can talk to the woman there to get a key for an empty room or one with a roommate."

She opens the door to the dorms, letting the woman walk by with her bags. The witch then walks ahead to lead the way to the office where all the keys are kept. Kanoe waits beside the door and turns to face the new girl.

"I am Kanoe," she says softly, "I am a sophomore here."

Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:09 am

Zoya followed quickly, glad to be in out of the heat. The steaming seemed to stop as soon as the cooled air of the building met her skin. Tugging her suitcase along, she made it to the office, leaning on the counter to get the girl on duty's attention.

"Hmm? Oh, nice to meet you Kanoe. I'm Zoya, freshman if the lost and confused look didn't say enough," she smirked, turning back to flash a semi-ingenuous smile at the clerk. Flicking her lip ring with her tongue, she pestered the poor girl until she was given a key to an empty room on the second floor, turning to Kanoe with a curious look.

"So, is that a special sophomore uniform or something? It doesn't look like all the others I've seen so far," so saying she headed for the elevator, nodding her head with a smile to indicate Kanoe was welcome to follow if she wished.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:59 am

"Have you seen what the other's wear?" she answers, "I prefer clothes that actually cover my body. Lets just say I have as many uniform violations as days in the year in this school."

The dark witch smiles faintly as she follows Zoya into the elevator. This new student was rather pleasant so far. Perhaps because they both have a rebellious side to them though Kanoe will never do such things as get piercings. Kanoe notices that mist was no longer leaving the woman's lightly glistening body. This one may be more cold blooded than Aurora.

"Allow me," she says as she reaches and presses two on the elevator, "There is a room where the school keeps all the contraband it takes from students. Various uniforms can be found there such at this one if you are not fond of the standard uniform as well as other...items. Just have to be willing to accept the consequences here which can be anywhere from light to extreme."

Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Zoya smirked and nodded along as Kanoe spoke of the other girl's uniforms. She arched one thin eyebrow as she finished, grinning crookedly.

"Not a big fan of rules either, eh?", she laughed quietly, nodding her thanks as she stepped into the elevator, letting her suitcase rest against the back wall as it ascended, using the brief respite to rub her aching shoulder. She pursed her lips thoughtfully as Kanoe continued, eyeing the dark haired girl's uniform again.

"Yeah, I'd prefer a uniform more like yours, to be honest. No boys around to show off for anyway, though with the weather here, I may fry, uniformed or naked. And what do you mean 'consequences'? They have detentions like high school or something? Fines? Demerits?" the little smirk crept across her mouth again, her head shaking slightly at the thought.

She stepped out of the elevator, looking down at the key to see what room number was listed, waiting for Kanoe before looking for the room itself.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:34 am

"They do have things such as detentions or being held after class," she began, "But, there are other things. Some of the worst students have been sent to the basement. It... Well lets just say you do not ever want to be there...ever."

Maybe this was not the best start. Ugh, she cannot help but warn people of all the bad things in this school. At least the basement was a bit more believable than the other horrors. She smiles faintly to try and lighten the mood.

"Thank you," she continues, stepping out of the elevator, "I can show you the room and you try finding things to your liking. Just do not get caught in there. I believe your room is this way."

Seeing the key number, she had a general idea where those numbers are. Kanoe leads Zoya down the hall, stopping at one of the doors. The witch turns and waits for the woman to unlock the door and check out the new room before following.

"New students tend to vary from semester to semester," she says, "More than likely you will have the room to yourself unless you want someone to live with you."

Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:50 am

Zoya nodded and followed Kanoe again, trusting the other girl's knowledge of the building more than her own. She frowned thoughtfully at the description, but stayed quiet until they arrived at the room matching the number on the key. She opened the door and stepped in, sticking her tongue out at the big windows and airy, sunlit interior.

"Ugh...needs some work. And yes, I'd love to know where that room is, and I figure I can sneak in and out pretty well. I've been avoiding people for years," she snickered quietly, heading straight for the thermostat and turning it all the way down to 50, the lowest it would likely allow. She slung her suitcase at one of the two beds, moving to draw the curtains and block the accursedly hot sunlight.

"Heh, I doubt many could stand to live in a room with me. I've got liquid nitrogen running in my veins," she grinned mischievously and turned, hiking up the back of her tank top to show off the stylized 'Ice Queen" tattoo across her lower back. After giving the other girl a moment to admire the inking, she turned back around, heading for her suitcase and lifting it onto the bed.

"Do you know if they mind students blacking out their windows?"

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:04 am

Hopefully this one could hide from monsters as well, she thought. But who knows, not all students were raped. Perhaps this will be one of the ignorant masses. Only time will tell unfortunately. Kanoe wraps her arms around herself tightly as the room quickly grew much colder. Fifty degrees!? She knew the woman said she was cold blooded but this is ridiculous.

"Nice tattoo," she says simply as she blinks at the term ice queen, "You can try but a curtain would work just as well. This place is kinda strange, damages tend to repaired while we are in class and that may include vandalizing windows."

She shrugs slightly as she takes a seat in one of the chairs in the room. This woman was a bit strange and that is saying much in her book. Kanoe was not sure how Zoya could survive in such frigid temperature.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:36 am

"Mmm, yeah, a better curtain might work just as well. Oh, if it gets too cold for you, feel free to kick it back up to around 70. I just wanted to get the room closer to something comfortable for me. Oh, you mind if I change real quick? This top is soaked," so saying, she opened her suitcase and rummaged around the various clothes and bags, digging out a white t-shirt with a cartoon penguin on the front. She turned back to look at Kanoe, seeming much more energetic as the temperature fell, in places the sweat dappling her skin frosting over and falling from her.

"Oh! They have quick repairmen? Snazzy. The tuition wasn't too high, so I didn't really expect the place to be this nice," Zoya pursed her lips thoughtfully for a moment, then shrugged, stretching up in an attempt to work some of the ache from her arms and legs from dragging the suitcase all the way to the dorms.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:49 am

She did not wait long before getting up and turning it up to about 70 degrees. Kanoe sighs as she turns and watches Zoya pull out a shirt with an odd cartoon on it. Casual clothes were never her thing. Her eyes narrow slightly at the flakes of frost falling from the woman.

"Go ahead," she answers, "Umm..I have never seen a human cause sweat to frost on their body."

Kanoe would be lying if she said she did not want to pry. This woman was not exactly ordinary and it had definitely sparked some curiousity. She lets Zoya believe in the 'repairmen' here in the dorms and the school. The witch was not sure how this island does it. But she has caused some serious damage to find it repaired in less than a day. It must be something from that strange NICE labs. She shakes her head, no reason to dwell on it.

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:20 am

Zoya glanced down at her feet, frowning at the melting flakes of frost. Sighing she tugged the tank top off and threw it onto the other bed carelessly, pulling the t-shirt on and tugging the hem down to cover her tattoo and stomach. She sucked her lower lip into her mouth, catching the silver ring in her teeth as she considered. The dark haired girl had been nothing but nice to her so far, had even shared something of a secret with her. No harm in sharing one of her own, especially given how much she'd already seen.

"Well, I'm cold. To the touch I mean, not that I feel cold, obviously. Sometimes, if I concentrate I can get even colder, or focus it into my hands. Mmm....like this," she walked to the desk as she spoke, reaching out with one hand and pressing her palm to the surface of the mirror above it, taking a breath and concentrating. Slowly, the surface of the mirror fogged, then frosted over, the heating air of the room meeting the cooling glass and steaming faintly. Smirking, she removed her hand and dragged one fingertip across the mirror, writing out her name across the frost.

"See? Now you know why I hated being outside in this heat. I felt like I was melting or something. In here, with the temperature down, I feel a lot better. Snow would be great, but I said goodbye to that when I decided to come here."

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:30 am

Kanoe averts her gaze politely as the woman changes clothes to something more comfortable.

"I see," she says softly, "An interesting trick you have there. Have you ever tried to go further with it?"

The witch was a bit perplexed by this ability. It was nothing fantastic compared to her spells but she did not seem to feel any mana being channeled by it. Was it completely natural? Or perhaps it was simply too weak to require any channeling. So many questions that she could ask but the new student seemed to have limited knowledge about it all.

"It snows here occasionally. It is rare and the winters come and go in short time."

Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:51 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next