View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 A love unequaled; Books!(For Piam) 

Post A love unequaled; Books!(For Piam)
The school library had always been a second home for Tatiana next to her book filled dorm room which she spent much time in alone; mind you it was a dorm designed for three that she had taken the care to fill everything save for the 2 spare beds and 2 dressers with her books.

Tatiana today had formed her clothing to appear as a simple long green dress; it suited her hair and look very well. she sat surrounded by about sixteen or seventeen books; none of which were important to her studies at the school. in general she was just an avid reader. the book she was reading was a simple fiction novel; a classic truthfully. Dune, one of her mother's favorites; the first book. she'd never taken the time to pick it up until now.

she sighed softly to herself finding herself a little lonely in the dead silent empty library; most girls on a day like this seemed to be out and about enjoying the island, each other and being enjoyed by the monsters; of course that last one was a secret for the most part.

Tatiana Azevedo: Bibliophile, Paper mistress & holder of the gift of gab

Raven, magus of life

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:17 am

Post Re: A love unequaled; Books!(For Piam)
Pia was busy browsing though the shelves, looking for some material for her a school project. She was a bit nervous, having just learned enough about Shokushu to know not everywhere was safe. Not even the library, otherwise her second home.
She had thought about just borrowing the books and go outside to read, but with all the other girls going about in the sun and enjoying themselves, she would just feel lonely.

Luckily, someone else was in the library. She felt much safer with someone else around. That someone was a girl sitting in front of large pile of books.
Woha! That some serious amount of studying!, she remarked to herself.

Her curiosity piqued, Pia watched the girl more closely. She seemed like a nice person, somehow. Kind of exotic looking. A very nice dress, even if Pia could not guess the fabric.

Carrying a few books, she approached the other end of the table. "Uhm, mind if I sit down here?", she asked, her voice uncertain. She did not want to disturb the girl, obviously busy.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:59 pm
Profile YIM

She looked up from her books to Pia a smile on her face nodding gently placing it down and closing it.
"Of course you may, It is always more fun to read with someone near you; can always converse with one another as well. I have been meaning to make more friends and there is no better place to find book lovers to make friends with than the school library don't you think?"

A tad long winded but, That was often whom Tatiana was. she shifted in her seat nodding to her hopefully soon to be friend.

"I'm Tatiana Azevedo, and you would be friend?"

hand held out for her fellow bibliophile waiting for recognition of some sort.

Raven, magus of life

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Pia was a bit taken back, not being used to making contact so easily. Afraid her hesitation would be taken as rejection, she quickly reached out to shake the extended hand.
"My name is Pia Marie Hov. Please call me Pia! Pleased to meet you! Oh, uhm, I would love to be your friend. Err.. I haven`t made a lot of friends yet myself, actually."

Pia found herself getting a bit flustered and red, as she usualy did when talking to unfammiliar people. Luckily, Tatania's obvious interests would make things easier.
"So, what are reading?". Looking at the book Tatania had been reading, she suddenly recognized it. "Oh, Dune! I read that, ages ago. I found it in the tiny SF depatement in the local library back home. Do you like it?"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:42 pm
Profile YIM

"Yeah I do it's a very good book I have to admit."

she offered with her usual smile on her face. she brushed her skirt gently and stretched smiling to her new friend.

"So then, we're friends. Good to know very glad about that part Pia. Would you care to change our focus for a few moments? perhaps we should chat about one another and learn about our new friend?"

she again offered so kindly and quickly. it was obvious how nervous she was.

((holidays just ended, am sorry about the wait.))

Raven, magus of life

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:25 am

(no problem! Behind on my post myself :) )

Pia smiled. She was prone to nervousness herself, especially around new people. That this other girl shared this trait pur her at ease, somehow.

"Oh. Øh. Yeah.. Sure!", she started, quite unsure how to proceed. "I am rather new here, as I mentioned. Freshman, obviously. And.."

Again Pia hesitated, thinking of what to say. "I am from Norway. Bergen, on the west coast, to be exact. Rainiest place on Earth. But I only moved there a few years ago, and I am from Oslo, the capital, originally."

"But now I am rambling. How about you? Where are you from?"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:40 pm
Profile YIM

That shared trait made her smile just a bit brighter to Pia. she nodded to the information Pia offered about herself.

"Noruega sempre pareceu interessante."

she muttered to herself for a few seconds before snapping out of Portuguese and back to english noticing her mistake and nervous twitch of language switching.

"Oh sorry I'm from brazil, Born and lived my entire life in the better parts of Rio beautiful place to grow up, yearly carnival was a bit of a pain at first though you get used to it and even learn to have fun in it! Before I left for here I had gone to the carnival and danced in it. wonderful form of expression."

Raven, magus of life

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:59 pm

"You dance?" Pia said. "Woderful! I bit envious now, I must admit. I can't dance for the life of me, unless you count rocking out with the headset on and be embarassed when I realize someone is watching as a form of dancing."
She laughed a bit at the latter.

"So, from Rio. Never been there, but I hear it is a facinating place.. And Brazil, with its rainforests and all.."

"Have you ever been to the rainforest?", she asked, voice and expression curious.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:08 pm
Profile YIM

"Ah the rain forests... interesting story there I'm afraid it's not exactly the most clean either."

Tatiana swallowed hard remembering her brush with death, and of course the gifts she had received from whatever or who ever it had been that saved her life.
"The most beautiful place you could aever imagine! but, also the most dangerous. I nearly died."

she didn't go into further detail fearing Pia might stop talking to her if she did. The gift of Gab was a very unique gift after all.

Raven, magus of life

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:21 pm

"Ouch!" Pia said. "What happ.. err.. sorry. Never mind.."

Pia's curiousity was piqued, but somehow, she realized that this was not something her new friend wished to talk about. Pia did not know why, but pressing the issue would be both rude and inconsiderate.

"Eh.. We can change subject if you rather would.."

Again Pia concentrated, trying to find a new subject.
"So, what brings you from beautiful Brazil to this school?"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:27 pm
Profile YIM

"what brought me here? Well It was a sholarship for a full master's degree without having to deal with many drunken frat house men around of course Pia. where else could I find a near tropical island full of almost nothing, but other women!"

She laughed, obviously overjoyed by that notion of changing the subject and of course her reasons for being here and here existing.

"What of you Pia darling? why is one as cute as you in a place like this eh? I'm certain you're smart enough to go to one of the best schools in the world!"

Raven, magus of life

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Pia looked down into the table. She was not really used to being complemented.
"Uh..err.. thanks!", she muttered. "But I am not that smart.." Gathering herself, she continued.

"It was kind of random, really. I did not really have any large plans for after high school.. I was thinking of either going to the university in Oslo or Bergen. Then my class attended a.. what is the proper term? Convention? Exhibit? Where various schools and institutes of education had stalls and such. There I ran into this woman who pulled me aside and talked very warmly of Shokushu, and handed me a bunch of brochures. I had been thinking of studying abroad, but never found something to catch my fancy. Anyway, she told me I could apply to have parts of the tuition fee covered. So I did, and I got it, so.. here I am!"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:07 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]