View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 From Rain to the Pool (Raven) 

Post Re: From Rain to the Pool (Raven)
Raevn glanced at the pool for a few moments not noticing earlier. she blinked slightly at the water against the wall and trailing the tiles now.
"Oh dear?! I didn't even realize... and nope not familiar in the least."
she commented softly looking at her book turning to the first page.
"I mean i guess it makes sense, mana is in all those games for mages and this book says I'm a magus... among other things..."
such as needing to repair her virginity every time it's lost.

Tatiana Azevedo: Bibliophile, Paper mistress & holder of the gift of gab

Raven, magus of life

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:00 am

So Clarice was dealing with a woman who had potential... and absolutely little knowledge of what she was doing. That was certainly a dangerous combination if she tried to defend herself against monsters with that and not understand how to control or manipulate it exactly. Something just told her she was going to be teaching again.

"So you have no knowledge of mana then?" she questions, crossing her arms and thinking, "You'll need to get that solved or it can become a problematic situation if you used too much in one setting."

Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Of course with the islands secret she could never use too much here at least. If she tried it anywhere else however; it certain that would be trouble, death, and possibly even the destruction of entire ecosystems.

"No I'm afraid I don't. I didn't know that there was a problem or the potential to use too much at all. What happens if I use too much?"

Her face took on a very curious expression now hands folded behind her as she looked at Clarice like she was a goddess of some sort now.

Raven, magus of life

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:08 pm

"It depends. Seems when your mana level drops to zero the first time it progresses more and more each time. My first I was sick for a day or two, the second I developed a bad fever and last time I passed out for a day with sickness. I'm lucky because I know how to control my mana. But very well the first time it happens... you could possibly die."

She found the looks the woman giving her a bit unnerving but doesn't show it in the least. She was actually quite concerned. It was like giving a child a gun and not even remotely telling them how to use it.

"I don't mean to be blunt, but the sooner you understand the better so you can prepare yourself."

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:22 am

"I...it can kill me?!"
she stared in disbelief at the idea of dying because she used this book too much at one time. She looked to it floating beside her for a time shivering at the thought.
"Will you teach me Clarice? I don't want to die to protect myself! it cuts the entire point of it to nothing!"
Her gaze continued looking to Clarice with understandable shock and awe in her eyes still though she looked to the woman before her like a savior.

Raven, magus of life

Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:16 am

"I don't know exactly how you and the book are connected to each other, but it's very dangerous to play around with mana without any knowledge of... well what you're using. I'm quite surprised you haven't experienced any problems getting down to zero. I'm guessing you don't use much or use it many times in one day."

She stretches a hand out and pats the woman's in an attempt to calm her down. She even squeezes it softly to emphasize the words 'calm down'. Getting stressed and upset would do nothing and would probably keep the woman from paying attention to well if she was sweating bullets.

"I'm inclined to teach you, Raven. The last thing I want to see is you getting hurt because of the simple fact I didn't say anything to you in the first place. If I can follow what your abilities are... I can teach you to see mana and know how much you have. The more you grow, obviously the more energy you have. I'd like to explain how mana works before we you know get into it. Okay?"

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Raven silently let her explain herself, explain why she wanted to teach, or was inclined to anyway. she had calmed down significantly by now breath slowed along with her pulse. she was much more at ease knowing she would be helped now in her studies. eyes remained softly on the woman before her as another loud clap of thunder struck and she stumbled softly eyes franticly looking around the room half expecting some 'thing' to come out of the water or walls or windows and try to rape the pair of them.

"I think I understand."

Raven, magus of life

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:14 pm

"Do you? I can only hope so."

She watches as the woman begins to calm down after she explains some basics about magic and mana... and not to use it unless necessary. She was still quite surprised the girl knew nothing and could do such talents. Whether it was the book or not; she was quite curious of the woman's gift.

'So... let me ask you now... do you control this book or has it somehow conjured a mind of its own?"

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:12 am

"Well uhm... I have no idea."

she spoke honestly as the book landed on her shoulder opening to the back page as it so often did providing an answer to Clarice's question.

'I've always had a mind of my own. I follow her because we've been linked'

Raven had no clue what the book said right now to be honest. her eyes shifted slightly between Clarice and whatever her book was doing now.

Raven, magus of life

Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:11 am

"Huh... so... are you her familiar now of some sort?" she questions, finding it hard to believe she may very well be starting a conversation... with a book. She couldn't be too surprised with how this island was full of them, but she guessed she could mark this off the list and move on to another impossible event in her life.

"Linking... I'm afraid I don't quite follow... how did you two get linked?"

She might as well ask another question to the books non-descriptive reply. She wonders if the book honestly knew such an answer since it replied with that statement.

"Very strange companion you have, Raven."

Thu May 07, 2009 2:04 am

'yes you could say that.'

The words lingered on the page for a few moments as the book pondered over Clairice's other question; it had been awhile since they'd been linked.

"Interesting... well Yeah I guess my book in interesting!"

Raven smiled slightly taking that as a compliment; the book shifted slightly and fanned it's pages before finally changing it's words.

'The originators linked our essences together... I'm a conjured being and she is a source magus... it isn't something easy to explain my sexy little mana magus.'

so the book was a little flatterer, it wasn't like the monsters though; heck it couldn't be.

Raven, magus of life

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:47 pm

"Thank-you... but most flattery I recive usually follows bad things so perhaps keeping your flattering compliments to yourself... just a friendly warning as I tend to be paranoid... with fire."

A book no doubt understood that if it did give any sign of a wrong move she would be paranoid enough to threaten it with fire. But she would keep herself calm until she had absolute proof it was a threat... which so far it didn't seem to be.

"It is interesting... does this book of your's take a lot out of you? It did just say its a apart of you in some ways to mana..."

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2