View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 From Rain to the Pool (Raven) 

Post From Rain to the Pool (Raven)
She knew there had to be some prominent force behind everything. Why else would someone who excels in other areas of education be stuck in the one place, the very place monster took advantage of-the pool. It was becoming quite clear she needed to learn how to swim soon or this very place would be the end of her. This place is where most compromises or complete defeat take place for her for the exact reason of not wanting water in her lungs.

And now of course fate would have it that she would be stuck in the pool area because of said water pouring hard outside. She sulks in a chair furthest from the pool at least by herself to her own knowledge. She imagined some girls were stuck in the gym. Her trip to the library by herself probably meant her room mate was either there or the dorms. Lucky woman...

She holds her head up with her hand while her arm rests on her thigh. Sighing to herself, she scolds whoever was in power upstairs for being so cruel. It never occurred to her that ever since she came here weather had never been that much of a problem until she arrived to Shokushu. She couldn't imagine a worse place to be except for maybe an unwelcome visitor. That didn't seem to be the case since she was still clothed. She could only be so happy.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:29 am

Post Re: From Rain to the Pool (Raven)
Rain... why did a down pour always seem to start when you had no where to escape from it? Well it did for Raven anyway. she ran for a time until reaching the one building close to the path yet mostly far from the school; the pool. The woman stumbled into the building soaking wet; or at least partially. she didn't notice Clarice yet, so without missing a beat she stripped off her wet shirt revealing another slightly wet shirt which was also removed revealing... yet another shirt. She stripped off her skirt quickly showing off the baggy shorts she wore under it and over her tights. it seemed this woman was modest to a paranoid level.

"I hate the rain so much... too random... too loud can't hear things coming."

she muttered loud enough that anyone within the building could hear. she rolled her neck for a moment or two before through the wall behind Clarice a small book phased into the room bounding at the girl crashing into her chest before floating before her in the air.

Tatiana Azevedo: Bibliophile, Paper mistress & holder of the gift of gab

Raven, magus of life

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:46 pm

It wasn't everyday you found yourself being completely ignored by someone and watch them strip numerous clothing with the ability to have things phase through a wall to herself.

Clarice blinks as the woman enters the pool, obviously trying to avoid getting anymore soaked then already appeared to be. The faint sound of thunder fell silent as the doors behind the girl close slowly. What a rough storm it must be outside. One would be an open target to being electrocuted with only the building being the tallest thing. If one were to step out into the open...

She sighs softly and waits for the woman to realize she had company. Apparently she was quite quiet since the fellow student didn't pay any head to another possibly being in the place. She watches with a quirked up until she began shedding clothing. She was about to say something right then and there to see she had another shirt underneath. No wonder the girl was a little lumpy... she had how many shirts underneath? She couldn't help but watch and wait for her to notice but still she seemed oblivious. A skirt was shed to reveal shorts and another shirt was revealed.

But the real thing that made her blink was a book suddenly phasing through thick walls to crash into her chest and float in front of her. She blinks for a moment, quite interested in this woman now. Another fellow magic user perhaps? It certainly didn't look like a trick of hand. She decides to make herself known now. Might as well let her know she was stripping and showing some private matters to someone in the room. Clarice wasn't the one at fault for not paying attention to her surroundings.

"Ahem...” she clears her throat loudly for her to hear before she furrows her brows further on what to say.

"You should really check where you are before you show such gifts."

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:13 pm

It took the poor light brownish red haired young woman a moment or two to catch her breath from her own books little attack. It tended to enjoy these moments to remind her she had forgotten it somewhere (raven was assuming it got lonely). At the sound of someone clearing their throat Raven looked up blushing slightly at having removed a few layers of clothing in front of someone else.

"Oh uhm sorry, I'm a little absentminded sometimes."

true enough of the girl in glasses. hands shifted as she adjusted her clothing before speakign again in a slightly confused tone.

"Showing gifts? what do you..."

Raven paused looking to the book laughing slightly shaking her head.

"Oh you mean the book? no that's not me; it sort of just does this; can't spend a moment without it with me and tends not to like listening to the laws of physics."

she explained knowing it probably sounded incredibly stupid or of course; insane. it sounded insane even to herself.

Raven, magus of life

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:24 pm

She blinks in surprise to know the book had a mind of its known. That was something new, but not completely unheard of. Nodding in recognition she sits up and brushes the wrinkles from actual attire rather then her robes this time. She was taking further leaps in making her wardrobe have a variety of clothing. Plus wearing black jeans was easier to move around in then white robes.

"Forgive me then for making the presumption you were behind the book's actions. Usually... books aren't the ones who can travel through walls by themselves."

She eyes the woman for a moment before looking out of an upper window to inspect the weather. Another flash of lightning quickly overtook any view, which makes her sigh in defeat. Looks like the two of them would be stuck in here for some time.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you none the less. I'm Clarice a sophomore. Although, I wouldn’t say I’m proud to be one on this island."

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:13 am

"Oh Well, I'm Raven Poe... uhm kinda new to the campus, not too new unfortunately."

she said with a sigh. unlike those lucky students that could have their memories altered or erased Raven had the worst curse one could have here, a memory that could never be lost or changed. every single little even of the attacks, the pain they brought were permenantly engraved. a shiver ran down her spine remembering her first attack.

"I didn't know this school had a pool..."

she said deciding to try and distract herself from the events of the previous nights.

Raven, magus of life

Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 pm

She watches the woman carefully, reading her body language and her ability to be an empath kicked in. The girl was very much in sorrow, possibly reminiscing from something that had happened on this accursed place. She could certainly sympathize with the woman on that, but discussion of such subjects didn't really help relieve one's pain as she had found out.

She turns her head slightly to the pool and shivers. How she wishes the college didn't have such a thing where people could die in. Sooner or later she was going to have to learn or let that weakness of hers get the better of her if word spread in the monster realm. She sighs at the thought and waves it off for now.

"Unfortunately... I don't particularly care for the pool..."

Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:10 pm

A slightly surprised look came over Raven as she shifted her weight slightly. she tapped a finger against her chin looking from water to Clarice. it crossed her mind then that this girl couldn't swim... why else would one be afraid of it?

"I guess that's alright, I mean if you can't swim you can just tell me can keep a secret. I'll even tell you that I'm a little bit of a diagnosed kleptomaniac."

she was under control most of the time of course and only took small hair accesories or beauty products without noticing half the time. she looked out the window above for a few moments shaking her head.

"If you don't know how I can teach you."

Raven, magus of life

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:07 pm

"Most people don't exactly like to express their weakness openly. And rather... I get a bit defensive so please excuse me for not accepting your help. I need to learn on my own."

She rolls her eyes to the water's surface and crosses her arms, as if putting on the display to maybe tempt it to grow legs and come at her at any time. She was a few feet away from it, there was no way it was going to attack her soon.

"You don't have to tell me your problems. It's probably best, I'm prone to being mentally attacked most of the time," she sighs, scratching the side of her cheek absentmindedly.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:34 am

Raven sighed softly looking to Clarice. she pondered for a few moments before sitting against a wall. an odd sound echoed through the room that didn't sound like thunder at all. Raven glanced back and forth a little panicked, not a single thing had moved nor appeared. her book opened to the last page, the runes shifted to say something like
'it's safe don't worry'

"Ugh this place gets creepy when there are only a couple people around."

Raven, magus of life

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:33 am

"You have no idea how horrible this palce can be," she replies, sitting beside the woman. She wondered when the weather would let up so she could get out of this place. There was nothing she would like more to run out of here if it wasn't for the flash flood outside.

"So... that book you have... I'm rather curious about how it well... has a mind of its own."

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:20 pm

"No Idea how horrible?! In my third day here I was eaten, had my clothes shreaded and lost my virginity twice!"
she suddenly fumed at Clarice as the water in the pool would litterally erupt from the pool spashing the back wall heavily before quickly blushing placing her hands over her mouth at how rude she had just been. she looked to the ground.
"Holy hell... I can't believe I blew up like that!"
she felt horrible for that now.
"Sorry... I didn't mean... I just..."
she shook her head asoftly.
"please don't hate me for the outburst Clarice."
she took a breath calming herself before answering the question a little softly.
"I uhm, don't really know too well. I disappeared from home when I was an infant for over a month from what I understand and had a scar on my back when i returned. when i turned ten this book appeared and wouldn't leave me alone. i tried to destroy it in fear it kept coming back from acid, shredding and fire so well when i got her I decided I'd start reading it..."

Raven, magus of life

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:11 pm

The woman certainly didn't have to be so rude as to blow up in her face. But for now she took it all and scoffed at her outburst before turning her gaze to now disturbed surface of ripples in the water. Sighing softly she rests her head in an arm resting position, adverting her eyes to the side to look idly at Raven.

"I've nearly died three times here and have been raped more times then I want to remember. Do not speak as if you know what has happened to me here."

She looks to the book Raven explained and watches it momentarily. Such a weird thought for a book to be alive. She wondered if perhaps it may very well be possessed by some spirit but doesn’t share such a ludicrous thought with the woman. The book may very well be alive itself.

"... it seems you do have some mana in you, though."

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:00 am

Raven didn't exactly have mana in her, not more than an average person anyway; her ability was unique when it came to magic, source magic. It allowed her to use the mana of everything else to power her spells.
"I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound like I knew what happened to you. it's just... well Perfect edict memory makes it so..."
she shivered slightly eyes shifting away.
"Mana?"
she asked curiously honestly having no clue what it meant; her book didn't explain the details of how the spells took their power.

Raven, magus of life

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 am

"It’s alright. There was just no need to yell at me when I clearly don't know your situation either."

She blinks at the question and gestures rather dumbly to what she just did with the pool water before pointing at her questionably.

'What you just did... do you not know what you did was magic that utilizes mana? Source of everything energy... does any of this rings a bell?"

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next