View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Break The Ice [Saira] 

Post Break The Ice [Saira]
Her name was Saira. The woman had first piqued Shai’s interest three days prior. Shai had little reason to visit the library, and even when she found reasons she hardly did so during the campus’ active hours. The woman preferred her solitude, but do to a recent stretch of free time Shai had decided she would pursue a book. No worries about monsters, no chasing after the abundant women on campus, just a good few days cuddled up with Pan and a good book, a past time she seldom enjoyed.

The snowy-haired woman browsed the shelves of the modernized library for several hours, wishing she were no so damned selective with her tastes in literature. She had finally settled on an old time favorite ‘Wuthering Heights’ having no qualms of re-reading. That was when she’d first set eyes on the exotic beauty. She had been seated at one of the various stations, thumbing through several volumes.

Her skin was a sun-kissed mocha, neat glasses framed her sharp features, wide doe-like violet tinged eyes were so enveloped with devouring the text the woman had failed to notice Shai staring. A bookworm it seemed, though Shai was well aware of the potential diamond in the rough. So for three days Shai had been whispering her silent influence to the several women she’d become acquainted with, seeking the beautiful girl’s name.

She had found that the girl was highly educated, ”A worthy adversary.”, had an undying thirst for knowledge, ”Two for two.”, and seemed to have a slight objection to authority, ”My kind of girl.”. So it goes without question that the nigh-albino girl had sought the woman to finally meet her. Shai was no fool, she knew that a woman like this wouldn’t just willingly crawl into bed with her, no- she had to be enticed. Shai was confident she would be able to do so.

Her long slender legs protruded from the flimsy fabric of the uniform’s plaid skirt. Her hips swayed slightly in her hastened gait. She knew where Saira was now, where else would a woman thirsting for knowledge be? The same place she had first laid eyes on her. She entered the library, her fingers lightly thumbing the small pill container in the pocket of her thin gray sweater, her other hand wrapped around a large spiral notebook with illegible writing scrawled on the cover along with Shai’s name. She saw Saira seated at the same station she was at just days before, Shai briskly walked to a seat nearby, neatly opening the notebook and sprawling several sheets of graphing paper all over the table. On them were several prototypes of Nanites, their drawings scaled up in size, with several notes listed beside the drawings. The woman pretended to work frivolously, scrawling notes and calculations in the book, hoping it would pique the woman’s interest.

Thank you Naoko for the Sig, you are my heroine <3
.oOo. Nasty, Evil, Wicked and Mean .oOo.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:56 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: Break The Ice [Saira]
Saira was still at that same table, the same one Shai had first seen her at. she too was in uniform this time, her blouse pulled slightly from how she was leaning back in her seat. In fact, it almost looked like Saira was a bit too relaxed, a book wedged in front of her face almost like a mask. It seemed to be a thick book, bound heavy in an obviously antique style. The title was... something in Latin, so it wasn't quite discernible to Shai.

Saira was researching. It was, perhaps, her natural pasttime, and it was very comfortable, too. She seemed very at ease, even as she consulted lists of demons, monsters, and other arcane lore, searching for previously-existing bases for the monsters she sees in the present day. But even the serenity of such peaceful reading can be interrupted. The sounds of a lot of sheafs of paper and furious scribbling caught her attention!

Lowering the book, Saira was greeted by all sorts of strange sights. The designs for the nanites. The scrawled notes that were being rapidly written out and seemingly categorized. Then as she looked up further... the pale, white-haired girl behind all of this. In some respects she had an almost unearthly quality from Saira's point of view. It was as if she wasn't quite a normal girl like most of the other people she ran into here. No, this person seemed... intense. And it was from the sense of bewilderment, maybe even awe, that Saira drew the tone for her first words to Shai.

"Ah... What are you doing?"

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:28 pm

The woman’s fingers worked nimbly over the several diagrams and designs she had sprawled over the table. Her steely black pen nestled neatly between her fingertips, scrawled various notes over her work to improve the nanites. While Shai feigned disinterest in the woman, she could almost feel her violet eyes locked on her while she continued with her work.

A soft, melodic voice rang through the air, piquing Shai’s attention up from her work. She narrowed her crystal gray eyes on the woman, her gaze washing over the woman’s face for a few moments before she turned to look around the library. As she scanned the empty tables and stations around them, her action represented the meaning of ‘oh you were talking to me?’ when she finally turned back towards Saira.

She offered a wide smile before she plucked the small orange pill container from her sweater pocket, setting it lightly on the table. Her eyes wandered the prototypes until they rested on one of her more recent designs, the design that was contained in the tiny machines within the pill container. She plucked it from the table, leaving an empty mahogany space in its wake. She held it out towards the woman, her body stretching lightly as she sought to close the gap between them.

“Nanotech,” She began. “I’m attempting to refine one of my designs. The prototype works well enough, but I’m a perfectionist.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:12 pm
Profile YIM

Saira was still trying to read, make out, or otherwise decipher all the papers being shuffled in front of her, even while Shai was busy making her response. Then, in a flash (to her), the design sheet came into a much more viewable distance. Of course, Saira made it a point to look at it... though all she could really get from it was the general idea of the thing's shape. She was a social, not physical, scientist after all!

She seemed to be staring raptly at it, as if awed by it yet still confused. Some of the general premises and ideas of the device, the girl in front of her, even just what was going on all at once? Seemed... odd. Almost fantastical. But she was used to fantastic by now. In a school like this, the fantastic and bizarre were just about commonplace. But, when she spoke - with a certain curious tone - Saira did eye a more mundane oddity. That bottle.

"...Really? There's someone able to... research that here? I didn't think the school had that kind of funding!"

Saira quietly thought about whether it would even allow that kind of research, but like all unfamiliar girls she kept some things hidden. She knew that she had a tendancy to meet those who had similar experiences here... what a euphemistic way to put it... but she never was too sure. She didn't want to hint at it to someone the school had marked as an 'innocent'. It'd just get her noticed.

"Well, I mean, if it's true, that'd be pretty cool I'd guess! But... Er... If you don't mind my asking, what's it supposed to do exactly?"

She still glanced at the pillbottle when she could, trying to see if there was a legible label on it. But... now that her book was down and out of her field of vision, Saira also paid more attention to Shai herself. There was something strange about the way she looked to Saira, though the girl couldn't quite put her finger on how. Maybe it was just the extreme paleness - was she an albino or close to it? - but she seemed... strange. Exotic. And beautiful because of it... Though even after Linnis, after all sorts of stranger times where she felt that kind of thing about a girl... Saira was a bit too nervous to want to dwell on it. It was strange to think about, wasn't it?

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:19 am

Shai watched with an intrigued smile as Saira looked over the sheet she had handed to her. She was hardly surprised at the shock the woman expressed at the thought of Nanotech, it was a widely unexplored field. Six total scientists had breakthrough discoveries in the field, with only two scientists in the entire world that have made efficient prototypes, Shai included. The other she’d met on her visit to the Labs. The snowy-haired woman grimaced as she recalled her experience there.

“The pamphlet wasn’t lying when it advertised the school as ‘Prestigious’.” She said rather dryly. Shai leaned back in her chair, kicking out the one across from her, the one closest to Saira and gave a light wave of her hand indicating she was more than welcome to come take a seat. She watched the woman’s expression change slightly as her eyes narrowed on the small pill container.

Shai scooped up the container, turning it over in her hands for several moments before tossing it over towards Saira.

“This particular model,” she began, slightly pursing her lips as she considered the best way to explain the Nanite’s functions without having them sound perverse. “Is implemented with predetermined destinations within the human body. The nanites burrow into the nerve endings,”

She explained, grabbing up another rough draft of the same prototype, her slender fingers running the length of the grappled legs on the nanomachine. “They’re designed to stimulate the nervous system to enhance the senses, primarily touch.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:31 am
Profile YIM

Saira caught the pillbottle, regarding it. No... discernible label. No... clue...

Wait.

She looked at the schematics once again, more closely. Then the girl's eyes turned to the pillbottle again. But of course. Nanites are tinier than any visible object, after all. And if these were meant to target nerve clusters or whatever it was she had meant to say... Then a pill might be the most logical way - scratch that, the most comfortable way - to deploy the little buggers.

After having gone through that in her head, Saira turned back her full attention to Shai. Her first comment, admittedly, was a bit sarcastic.

"Somehow that doesn't reassure me about what the pamphlet said..."

But then her tone became a bit more interested, though curious. Maybe even suspicious. No, no. Not suspicious. But... exploratory. She was searching for a clear answer.

"But that's neither here nor there. So... sense of touch? What would... what would you use that for? Is this just experimental, to prove that you can? Or... I mean, don't get me wrong, I've read enough about it to get how impressive nanotech that can actually do something to the body is. But... I'm kinda baffled at what these were made for."

Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Shai felt a slight heat rush to her cheeks as the woman began to speculate the nanites features. She patiently listened to the woman’s almost distant revelations on Shai’s chosen major, offering the occasional nod of agreement or a questioning glance at dissertations she didn’t quite agree with. After Saira had finished posing her question, Shai took a moment to revel in the memories of the day she had created this particular nanite.

“At the time I was having trouble with deciding between majors. I wanted to get delve into Biotechnology, I already had an extensive knowledge on anatomy and that particular week I was experiencing numbness in certain areas of my body,” She admitted, her gaze averting towards one of her many schematics. “What I wanted was to stimulate the nervous system and break that numbness, but it also a great spark of creativity, a way that my two unrelated choices in majors could potentially be used synergistically.”

Shai took a moment, her fingers running over one of the schematic drawings, she almost had a loving look towards the drawing, which turned slightly embarrassed. “What I got was similar to ecstasy without the loss of inhibitions. It seemed I wasn’t as informed about the human anatomy as I assumed I was, by accident I had programmed an abundance of nanites to go to…well erogenous zones without realizing the implications. I’ve used them myself, they’re completely harmless; the body recognizes them as foreign and dispels them in a matter of one to three hours, it just was not my original intention. “

She said giving a moment to allow the information to sink in for Saira. “I recently found a much more medically inclined use for these particular nanites, a friend of mine, a paraplegic . If I can stimulate the nerves in her body and arrange reparations to her spine, then I’m fairly sure I can get her walking again. With this model alone I’ve already seen improvement, it’s all a matter of time and patience…and a lot of prototypes as you can see.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:50 am
Profile YIM

As if an underwhelming counterpoint, to all of that explanation... to all of the reveries and reminisces, to the detail information and the careful exploration of what the nanites were capable of... Saira had only one thing to say, at least at first.

"Ah."

But as she reclined back in her seat to think about it further, more words came. She seemed... curious. Strangely curious.

"So, erogenous zones... ecstasy... You accidentally programmed them as some kind of... uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but neurological pleasure... stimulant... thing? I... I'm sorry, my major is anthropology, I don't know all the right terms for these things."

Saira leaned back even more, thinking. She looked like she was thinking, though not as much so as before.

"But if that could instead work to actually augment or replace the nervous system in places where it failed? That'd be... amazing. And... it's..."

For all of her pauses and awkward speech, Saira did seem to be attempting to make some sort of emphasis there. Her tone seemed almost warm. Happy, in a deeper sense of the word.

"...It's really nice of you to help someone like that."

But in a few seconds, the moment was gone. Something else was there. A question at the back of her mind decided to come forwards.

"Er. Why are you telling me all this anyway? Aren't I a complete stranger?"

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Shai listened, taking in the compliments stoically. The woman’s attempt at explaining just what Shai had created prompted a light, friendly chuckle from Shai, but nothing more as she wanted to allow the woman to reach her own conclusions. Her ashen gray gaze never wavered from Saira’s face as Shai watched her, perhaps a bit perplexed as she considered the technology for a few moments. Saira’s response was like many she’d heard before, though she seemed to have a genuine interest that many of the others appeared to have lacked.

She leaned back slightly in her chair, running her hand through the crown of her frosty mane. Her eyebrows raised a bit in surprise at Saira’s question, though the look quickly faded back to one of non-chalance.

“Why am I telling you?” Shai mused, seeming to almost question her own motives for the meeting the pair was sharing.

“I suppose firstly, you seemed genuinely interested, and secondly I’ve nothing to hide. All of these designs are patented, they just happened to be unpublished to the public. If someone really wanted to mimic the design, I suppose they could access them, but they would have to be very ambitious in a subject that is widely unexplored.”

Shai stopped for a few moments, finally allowing her piercing gaze to fall back towards the sprawled schematics.

”But perhaps it’s because I’m lonely as well. I have few classes that are among the student population, a lot of Nanotech is independent study.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:36 am
Profile YIM

Saira slowly nodded as Shai went through her reasons. So the designs were patented? Interesting... That and that she seemed really involved in her work. Study? Whichever. But nonetheless, the tanned girl reclined in her seat some, pursing her lips a bit in thought. And then Shai said something else.

That she was lonely. This immediately made Saira's face turn down a little bit in... pity? Sympathy? Either way, her tone showed it, seeming more... 'awww...' and possessed of whichever of those two emotions it was.

"Aw, you're lonely?... Yeah, I... I get that sometimes, too. I'm not very good at meeting new people, so I spend a lot of time alone in my room. Did you want some company for a little while? I mean, I understand how it can be, living with only your work around you. We could watch a movie or go on a walk, or even just hang out! Something to make you feel better?"

Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:24 am

Shai’s jaw clenched lightly as she heard the rather sympathetic tone in Saira’s voice. While she was definitely satisfied with the outcome of their conversation, even grateful towards the invitations the exotic beauty extended towards her, she had hoped to cause the girl to swoon rather than sympathize. Though, who was she to question her good fortune? With a deep breath a soft smile spread on her pastel pink lips, sweet and sincere.

“A lot of girls tend to think I’m odd- or albino,” Shai began, her fingers twirling around her snowy locks to emphasize her point. “Which I’m not.” The student said allowing the tresses to slip through her fingertips as she averted her attention back towards Saira.

“I think I’ll take you up on that.” The student said rather cheerfully. She pursed her lips slightly, her gaze shifting towards the ceiling as she considered what the pair could possibly do together.

“Whichever you’d like to do,” She said with her eyes falling on her schematics for several moments. “I could use a bit of break anyway, and as much as I love this place, I think I’ve spent the greater portion of my free nights here.” Shai said with a soft chuckle.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:36 am
Profile YIM

Saira smiled slightly at the acceptance of her invitation, though perhaps she didn't quite get the sense of what Shai was getting at... and she also had no clue about Shai's disappointment at getting the wrong reaction. It was just... how Saira was, maybe. Trying to be nice and do good things made sympathy for the lonely - which she was at times - more natural!

But, standing up straight with one smooth motion, the girl gestured towards Shai to do the same. Holding her chin slightly, Saira tried to think of what the best option would be... then with a snap of her fingers, she got it! Maybe it wasn't quite what Shai's little plans might have held, but... it made the most sense to Saira. Shai needed a break from thinking and being alone!

"Alright... how about we go take a walk around the campus? That should help clear your mind!"

Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:28 am

Shai couldn’t remember the last time she’d been this nervous. Perhaps it was during detention with the beautiful Adena. Something about Saira made the scientist feel slightly flustered, and while this wasn’t a bad thing, it upset Shai. She took a deep breath and put on a sincere smile and nodded to Saira.

“A walk sounds lovely.” Shai stood gracefully, stepping away from her chair and pushing it neatly into place. She knelt lightly over the table and started to gather up her schematics, stacking them neatly. The slight change in her position added length to her curvy legs, hiking her skirt slightly to show a hint of her firm, round bottom.

“I’m not sure if you’re hungry, but if you’re not doing anything maybe we could stop by my dorm for lunch?” Shai offered as she finished stacking her schematics, storing them neatly in the notebook she’d brought. The pair walked side by side, exiting the library.

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:16 am
Profile YIM

For a brief second, Saira noticed something odd about Shai. Was it the seeming pause to breathe?... Or maybe was it the oddly-enticing shift in her body? Saira blushed slightly at even noticing it, her time with Linnis sort of... affected her. She'd been looking at the other girls' bodies more than she used to. She... Saira knew that in some ways she had already been a little curious about them, but it was actually being exposed to it that had really given her enough pause to actually start thinking about... things.

But she tried to push those thoughts to the back of her mind. After all, this was just a little lunch and then a nice walk, right? But... with a smile, a fairly wide (for her, Saira had softly-shown emotions most of the time) smile, she replied back.

"Ah, sure! I haven't eaten THAT long ago but I wouldn't mind snacking while you had lunch. Lead the way!"

Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:32 am

Shai nodded in agreement with Saira as they entered the main courtyard. It was just after lunch so it was pleasantly empty, with few stragglers that hustled across the yard towards some building or another. The sun’s rays fell upon the pair with gentle kisses of warmth that clung to their bare skin as they walked, enjoying one another’s company.

“I have a little junk food,” Shai admitted with a rather ginger smile, “So if you’re not entirely hungry we can settle on something to snack on, but tell me about yourself Saira- What’s your major?” Shai asked casually as the dorms came into view. She didn’t seem pushy, but Shai subtly shifted the pair’s route towards the dorms, wishing to get the girl in a more secluded area.

Shai led the girl through the commons room, remaining cordial and polite throughout their conversation. They seemed to click quite well, despite the rather unusual circumstances in which they’d met, hell Shai might even make a friend out of the encounter. Though the thought pained the scientist slightly as she remembered Fenris and Adena. She did well to hide the flicker of sorrow from her features, masking them with a smile as she politely ushered Saira out of the elevator and down the hall towards her dorm.

Shai withdrew the keycard from her pocket, swiping it impatiently and walked inside. It wasn’t quite lush or extravagant, but the dorm was obviously bigger than one of the average dorms that most freshmen obtain. It had a comfortable living area, and the two twin beds were pushed together to form a decently queen sized bed, a modest kitchen and a single bathroom off to the left.

“Well this is it.” Shai said with a light shrug of her shoulders, running her fingers through her snowy mane as she walked towards the cabinets. She pulled a bag of peanut butter oreo’s from the cabinet and started to munch on one pleasantly, setting the bag on the counter and offering some to Saira.

“You can raid whatever you’d like in here.”

~*^ Shai's Lament ^*~

Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:09 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next