View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Cultural Exchange (Ishtar Rocha) 

Post Re: Cultural Exchange (Ishtar Rocha)
Where would I where this outfit? That is a good question, I suppose I would wear it to a really fancy party, but I really like this outfit. I would try to wear to as many special occasions as possible. Ishtar smiled as she moved around to see different views of the herself in the mirror. Where is most appropriate to wear such an outfit.

I love to RP!! Please PM me, if you are interested!

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:19 am

"Well, a wedding is a great place for it. A ball would be another excellent event. I think the bare back adds a level of elegance to the outfit. And it hearkens back to a time before women wore cholis. Of course, one doesn't do that now because it isn't proper." Bala stands next to Ishtar and poses too. She admires how each of them looks in a sari and how colourful the two look next to each other.

"Thank you for trying on the sari. I haven't seen two together since I got here. I've worn one next to a girl wearing a kimono, and that's close. But I miss the colours of two saris together." Bala quickly pirouettes, causing the skirt part of the sari to flare out some. She giggles at the motion and has a thought. "Another occasion to wear saris like these are when you want to catch the eyes of boys. A group of girls in saris like these will turn a lot of heads."

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:21 am

Ishtar watched as her friend piroutette and the sari flares out at the skirt. I can see easily see that. The bright colors are instant crowd pleaser. I could only imagine what a large group of us would look like. It would be like a large bouquet of flowers. Ishtar could just imagine several of students dressing up like this. That would be amazing.

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:29 am

"Well in Pittsburgh, it's amazing. On this island, it's amazing. In Delhi, there's a lot of competition. We really have to go all out there because there are so many girls wearing colourful saris." Bala turned again to view herself from several angles. Her choli was not backless since she opted for speed in order to be ready when Ishtar came out. She very much liked the colours of the two saris together.

"We should look for some earrings to match the outfit though." Bala stood on her toes to look at Ishatar's ear. "Are your ears pierced?"

Bala - Hindi Girl (Student) ; Hitomi - Basement Queen (Student) ; Anagopt - Web Star (Student) ; Quagga - Zebra Girl (SFA) ; Keefa - (Gladiatrix) ; Gambo - Zombie (Monster) ; Fluffy - Pirate!! (SFA)

Author of the 1500th post in the original ~Corrupt a Wish~ thread in Trivial Pursuits. (1899 posts)
Author of the 1500th post in the second The Banned Game! thread in Trivial Pursuits.
=========+=====

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:26 pm

Ishtar blushed a little. My father really didn't approve of piercings of any time. I am not sure why, but I never had my ear pierced. Ishtar sighed. I really think that some earrings look good on me.

Ishtar smiled. I think with the way we look, we could stand out anywhere. I think the color choices complement each other very well.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 am

"That's okay. We can probably find clip-on earrings to match. Or..." Bala smiled impishly and said, "we're big girls now. Maybe we can get your ears pierced this weekend. There's nothing too it and the right earrings would be a wonderful way to celebrate."

Bala's face showed shock as she put her hands in front of her mouth. "Ooh! I almost forgot." She ran to the foyer, her sari flowing behind her, the top part seeming like a bride's train. She opened a drawer and pulled out a DVD. "I almost forgot. I was going to show you some dance numbers from Bollywood." She puts the disc in a player and puts it on her bed, the screen facing Ishtar, as the first song starts playing.

O Jaana
Nimbooda
Kajra Re

=========+=====

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:49 am

I would really like to get my ears pierced. I would like to wear jewelry like a normal girl does. Ishtar smiled. You are right Bala, we are big girls now. Thank you.

Then Bala has a look of shock, she quickly moved over to her foyer. It was amazing at how easily she moved in her outfit, the sari flowing so effortlessly behind her. She returned with a DVD player and put on her bed to show Ishtar.

Ishtar watched as the amazing choreography and how each song the dancers seemed to perfectly match the rhythm of the music. Wow this is really amazing, I think it might even be better than the old musicals they made in 30s and 40s. I especially liked that one scene in Nimbooda, where the supporting female dancers are the very back of the set. They are so far away, yet when they move they quickly become important as they support the lead dancer. It is impressive from a visually. Of course I also liked how the dresses looked as they all spin, its like a bouquet of flowers.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:23 am

"Yes. I love it. I usually think of newer American musicals though. Musicals like 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers' or 'Oklahoma'. But I know the musicals you're talking about and I think you're right." Bala dances with the music. She truly loved to dance and, truth be told, war really quite good.

After a particularly showy spin, Bala collapsed to the bed, laughing and giggling. "I shouldn't show off like that. But I really do love these dance numbers." Bala sat up, seeming to be in deep thought. With a smirk she looks at Ishtar and says, "I should teach you some of these moves. I really think you'd like it. What do you say?"

=========+=====

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:43 am

Ishtar watched as her friend effortlessly mimic the moves she saw on the DVD. Bala was simply amazing, performing each move better then she performed the last. Ishtar was visibly impressed by her friend's ability to move with the music.

It was then Bala after resting on the bed made a suggestion. You would teach me. I would love to learn. It looks like alot of fun to perform. A huge smile appeared on Ishtar's face. Thank you for giving me the opportunity, this will be great!!

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:28 am

"You really want to learn? That's wonderful." Bala hopped out of bed and hugged her new friend, and pupil. "This is so fantastic.", Bala repeated. "We'll have to find out when we both have time to do it. Come on!" Bala skipped into the foyer and pulled her schedule up on her computer. She looked up at Ishatar and asked, "what's a good time for you? Oh, and have you ever had dance training before? Do you like to go out dancing?"

=========+=====

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:33 am

Ishtar smiled as Bala hugged her. She naturally returned the hug as she felt herself nearly get pulled into the foyer. Well the afternoons would be the best time for me. Either that or sometime on the weekends. I haven't had any former training besides some ballroom dancing my father insisted I learn. However I do like to dance and I think I am a pretty quick learner. Ishtar thought about what she was getting herself into, besides fun. How difficult do you think it would be to learn for someone who enthusiastic about it?

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 am

"Most of it isn't too hard. Like most things, you have easy moves and hard moves. But the nice thing is that even a dance made of only easy moves can look really great." Bala stands up and demonstrates by putting together a series of moves she hopes her new pupil will see as fairly simple.

She stops and excitedly claps her hands. "Oh we have so much to do. We need to talk to the admins about becoming roommates. We need to go to the mall to shop for jewelry. We need to begin Bollywood dance lessons. Maybe we can be excused from our classes so we can get it all done." She finishes with a giggle at her last line. Bala is having a wonderful time, perhaps the best since arriving on campus.

=========+=====

Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:39 am

Ishtar smiled as she could see how excited her new friend was, things were going great. What should we get to work on first. It all sounds like it would be great fun. This was wonderful, Ishtar was really happy to meet a person like Bala. She had just an infectious happy spirit that the blue haired student admired.

Your right about the dance moves. Those seem as pretty simple on their own, but when you combine them together they are quite effective as a dance routine. I could imagine what a hard move would add to dance considerably.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 am

"Well, we have too many options", Bala said with a grin. "But first, I guess, would be to put together our presentation on why we should be roommates. I'd like to see us move in together within the next couple of days." Bala moved over to her player and played another Bollywood song. "We might as well have some nice music while we work."

"I think we can start our first Bollywood dance lesson on Saturday before we go to the mall to shop for earrings. I hope that we are roommates by then."

=========+=====

Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:10 am

Ishtar smiled as Bala suggest an order to all the things they were planning to do. She was a very smart choice for a roommate. So what should we put in our presentation, probably about how much we have in common? Bala had put on some Bollywood music, in which Ishtar was fascinated to hear.

[color=LightSkyBlue]I hope we are roommates be then as well.[/cololr]

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next