View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Thoughts (for Emily) 

Post Thoughts (for Emily)
Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle's character Sherlock Holmes thought by playing the violin at all hours of the night. I idolized the sluth and mimicked that behavior many a time yet today it wasn't even the evening as I held my violin on my shoulder with my chin resting upon it as I stood in the common room deep in thought. I had already changed into my old school uniform, a simple pink blazer over a white buttondown, a pink tie and a simple skirt with shorts under them all of it matched well to make me look like a wealthy private school student and it all just screamed spoiled rich girl... spoiled my ass...

I played a simple alteration of a favorite emo-rock song of mine, I forgot which band played it... it was some american group though. I didn't even remember the title or words anymore just the instrumental.

I was looking obviously in theme with the tune, depressed, lost and confused. what was I going to do? I was stuck here... my life was ruined even if I had made one or two friends... I lost my chance to go to harvard pre-med.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Post Re: Thoughts (for Emily)
It was a long day for Emily, so right after her classes she went straight to her room and threw on some baggy gray sweat pants and a purple tee shirt. After a few days of tedious schoolwork she needed to relax a little. This was a great opportunity for her to catch up on her reading. She looked through her bookshelf until eventually she found a row that she hadn't gotten to yet. The first on the shelf was the complete collection of Sherlock Holmes. Emily smiled to herself, not having read many mysteries in the past, and these were classics!

In a jiffy the book was tucked in her messenger bag and she was out the door. Having spent so much time in her room in the past week she needed a change of scene. The common room seemed the best option. It had big comfy furniture! As she slipped inside, she noticed that there was also a violin solo in progress. The music enchanted her. She sat in a nearby chair facing the beautiful girl, who was playing music of equal beauty.

I love being cute!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:15 pm
Profile YIM

eyes closed for several more minutes as I let the bow play against the strings gently letting their enchanting lament ring about the room. Eventually the tune slowed and my eyes shifted open. It was about then I noticed a woman's eyes transfixed on me.

"Oh... Hi there..."

I offered brushing my skirt smooth or the wrinkles it no doubt held.

"Was I bothering you?"

I decided to ask knowing not everyone would appreciate such a mournful serenade even at this mid-afternoon hour. I knelt down simply and opened the case simply placing it back into it's home. the violin itself was an antique stat, the best of the best... I'd worked for twelve years to earn the right to hold it in my father's eyes.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:26 pm

As Alice continued playing her enchanting music, Emily couldn't help but let it wash through her. She was deeply moved by the emotion of the song. A tear formed in her eye... As the music stopped, she began to gather herself. She smiled at the inquisitive maestro.

"Oh far from it!" she said as she clapped briefly, "That was the most beautiful playing I've ever heard!"

As the girl stood from putting her violin away, Emily hopped up and took the wonderful musician into a tight hug.

I love being cute!

Last edited by Emily on Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:34 pm
Profile YIM

Little bit of a shock being pulled into a hug like that from a girl I didn't know at all. the lament in my face melted into confusion and a bit of shock. I looked to her then and opened my mouth to speak though nothing came to mind immediately. after a short while I finally managed a simple question.

"Why are you hugging me?"

did have to try and control myself to keep me from saying something I'd regret to a girl whom could easily be my friend eventually. I was certainly uncomfortable, I'd been a bit of a social outcast for a time. and I did have to try and contend with the others from doing something stupid but, I was getting lucky, a good number of them were too busy to bother me in our odd little world within our body.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:51 pm

This last remark confused Emily slightly. No one had ever questioned one of her hugs before, but she guessed that there had to be a first time for everything. She released the shocked girl and blushed a little in embarrassment, interlocking her fingers and twiddling her thumbs a little as she looked away bashfully.

"Well... for one I wanted to thank you for the song. Also I... I thought you could use a hug..."

She hoped very much that she hadn't put the lovely girl off too much. If her music said anything about her, then this girl was definitely someone that Emily wanted to get to know better. One has to have an incredible depth of soul to play music so passionately, and she wanted to explore those depths, of this girl would let her.

I love being cute!

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:01 pm
Profile YIM

"Guess that makes sense. have to admit though Not used to hugs or social contact or anything. Am a little depressed, but being kidnapped and sent to a remote island will do that to a girl huh?"

A sigh simply flowed from my lips as I moved towards one of the softer looking seats and slumped a little into it.

"Bad enough the earl grey in the cans they have here are foul imitations of the real thing... I had so been looking forward to Cambridge and Harvard."

I was rambling now just a little bit of venting that my music had not allowed.

"Forgive me Madam, I'm being rude aren't I, telling you of all my probelms and we've barely even just met each other. I'm Alice Kingsley, a pleasure to meet you I'm certain."

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 pm

"I'm Emily, and I do hope that it is!"

She sat in a seat beside her new acquaintance, curling her legs up onto the seat so she could turn and face the girl. A warm smile highlighted her face as she listened to Alice's ramblings. Behind the smile though Emily felt a little sorry for the musician. If she wasn't used to social contact, that meant that she didn't get a whole lot of it. This, she thought, would have to be remedied.

"You clearly have a good deal of pent-up emotion. I've heard that that can make your music better, as your emotions escape through your instrument."

I love being cute!

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 am
Profile YIM

"Certainly very true Emily... as for the pent up emotion... yes there is a great deal given I still don't know why I was kidnapped and sent here. it seems to me like a poor kidnapping to me."

I shrugged very softly at that and shifted my position legs crossing as I became more comfortable.

"I really must admit... there are very interesting people here despite what my father told me when I mentioned this school as a possibility, he told me it was full of nothing but the worst of the worst and the only reason it had a good reputation was because it tended to reform bad girls."

Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:19 am

"Oh my, it sounds like you've had a rough time..."

Emily leaned toward Alice in her chair. She wanted to be as comforting as possible, as Alice was obviously feeling somewhat distressed. A slightly concerned look appeared on her face and she placed her hand on the girl's arm. Emily's fingers were long and delicate, but warm to the touch. They were very gentle.

I love being cute!

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:58 am
Profile YIM

Offering a sigh I nodded looking to the floor simply with my eyes closed. I looked at emily brushing my sides off gently in thought before shaking my head softly to her.

"Better to not think about it that much. So lets just not talk about that too much. I mean it isn't like I missed the one chance I had to go to the best school in the united states... oh wait I did..."

I sighed slightly shaking my head.

"Sorry just venting emily."

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 am

Emily smiled warmly at her agitated new friend. She rubbed the girl's arm reassuringly. Over the years she had become accustomed to listening to her friends vent off their problems, and had become a pretty good shoulder.

"Don't you worry, vent all you need to. I'm not going anywhere."

I love being cute!

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:55 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]