View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 3:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 The morning after (For Clarice) 

Post Re: The morning after (For Clarice)
The door would open slowly, allowing Clarice to walk in while fixing her sash once more before fully stepping inside and shutting the door behind her, locking it rather calmly despite knowing there was a visitor in her room. Throughout the room it felt heavy with steam; Diana surely had taken her advice as she found the woman standing rather awkwardly in the middle of the room. She quirks a brow to Diana’s feebleness and simply shrugs her shoulders before moving over to go to the bathroom to wash her hands and wrists.

Almost immediately as she passed did her eyes open and move to the other blonde woman as she passed her by to the bathroom. Knowing and feeling the woman was incredibly uncomfortable, anxious, and perhaps a little scared made this time she would have with the woman a lot easier.

“I trust you used the time I was away to cleanse yourself of the consequences you had to take… and I hope you washed that dirty mouth of yours as well. It’s rather unbecoming of the girl I once knew to be shy and timid.”

With that being said she opens the door to her bathroom and washes her hands and wrists before drying them off with a towel and stepping out while rubbing them together. “I guess I really don’t have to say much of what your actions have cost you and what other consequences await you down the road because of what you’ve done. You put me in a position where I was trying to help you and insulted my superior. That was beyond stupid because it was then and there I would be forced to take action upon you because Miss Matsumoto was right there. You made sure that I couldn’t go very easy on you, but you are so damn lucky you got off as easy as you did.”

She shakes her head, still in disbelief to the woman’s snapping right before Vera and turns to the kitchen to make a little snack for herself and perhaps for her little guest.

“I have now been fully put in charge of your discipline… so I hope you realize each and every time you do something against the rules I will have to be harsher and harsher with punishments. Knowing that now, I do hope you have something to say so speak up now…”

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Diana's eyes followed Clarice as she crossed the room and listened intently to her words. She was still very confused about what had happened. Despite her promises, made in the heat of desperation, which she now accepted mentally had to be upheld, she couldn't tell if her heart was just as resigned to accept them. Her skin was still warm from the shower and the cool breeze from the hallway chilled Diana's skin, almost as if it were Clarice's presence itself that had caused goosebumps to appear over her pale flesh. Diana listened as Clarice described to her that she was taken under the woman's care and that it would be none other then Clarice that would distribute punishment. Diana's eyes lowered. So now she had twice as much to worry about.

"Y-yes Clarice, I'm sorry. It... It just felt so wrong, at the time, giving in to the system, a system that would do what you did to me." Diana heard herself speak and just how accusing her words sounded. "But I accept now that it was for my own good." She sighed softly, and turned to look towards the window. She was almost done dressing, half-way through buttoning up her blouse, the top half still undone. She also felt terribly exposed and raw emotionally, like a fresh wound. She looked pleadingly over her shoulder to Clarice, hoping the woman would understand that she never meant to harm anyone, nor would she put herself at risk, if only for Clarice's sake, if not her own.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 am

“Do you honestly believe I’ve never felt the same before? You’ve obviously have a little to learn about myself if you think I volunteered at first for being a Prefect. The first time I met Miss Matsumoto was because of a dress code violation. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous, but I knew I couldn’t get away so she took me to the basement. You have no idea how much I hated the woman for what she did, but it was dealing with you I realized one thing… Head Girls are just doing their jobs because it was prescribed to them.”

She sighs as the woman’s emotions went raw with fear that nice Clarice had turned into a monster and would feed on Diana like one. It did her little good for the woman to fear her, though there was a sense of power over the woman. But that’s not what she truly wanted. Stepping out of the kitchen as food began to cook on its own for the moment, the blonde mystic stands before the feeble woman and shakes her head before helping her button up her shirt.

“… You made a mistake and you were punished for it so the issue is null and void. I will take you back as a student in the arts of magic. I do not like seeing talent go to waste… and I don’t really care to hold grudges. I have plenty of compassion and can use it when I think a student is in order again. But I would implore you to start taking the rules to heart. I could’ve been much worse with you so I hope you understand your grace period is over. I’ll be watching you closely, but not just because I’m looking for you to mess up or something. If you have a problem and you need to talk I’m still Clarice after all. I hope I’ve opened your eyes a little that actually following the rules of this school keep unwanted attention off you a bit more.”

Finished buttoning the woman’s shirt up, she returns back to the kitchen and finishes cooking some chicken before cutting it up into slices and going to the fridge to get some lettuce. Dribbling some dressing into the large cut of lettuce, she wraps the chicken in it and then puts three of those on a plate. Making three for herself after wards, she returns to the table and sets the plates down before grabbing of Diana’s choice and setting it down also.

“Eat. I’ve been holding you for most of the day so I can only imagine you’re a little hungry. I hope it is to your liking,” she said with a sincere smile before sitting down and began to eat her own meal.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:26 am

Diana still felt like she should be guilty for something, despite Clarice telling her that her actions were done already and that she should keep her mind on avoiding them in the future. She suddenly felt just how empty her stomach was and just how hungry she really felt, as soon as the smell of cooking food filled her nostrils. Diana followed Clarice into the kitchen, smiling sheepishly and nodding her head to the offered food. "Yes, it has been a few hours, thank you." Diana couldn't help but broaden her smile at being called a hostage. How odd was it that someone she trusted so much could hold her hostage, yet Diana still felt compelled to trust her newly-re-anointed mentor? After taking a few mouthfuls and finding that Clarice was not only a talented sorceress but also a good cook, Diana raised the point of letting Clarice know this by saying it aloud and inquiring what exactly would entail in her oncoming studies.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:47 am

“I’m glad you enjoy it… I’ve been taking a few lessons from my… a mentor of mine here,” Clarice replies, nearly having spoken a particular woman’s name she didn’t dare want to utter to any person except Kanoe. Natsuki had done many things to enhance her already aspiring talents… some less instrumental then others. But it was nice to hear someone freely exclaim to her that her cooking was good. Being a Prefect allowed her many benefits, including having food not normally acquired at a college and ready to make so easily.

She was slightly impressed the woman was becoming interested in her newly re-instated lessons again and made a point to smile at such a want to learn. “You seem highly developed with water magic, but I would think we take a small break out of the elements and take a more traditional path of being a witch for the time, like learning how to profess an incantation without necessarily having to say it. Shorter incantations are obviously what you need to start on first and perhaps… you may be able to learn a little endurance and stamina magic.”

Clarice still had to fully say long incantations when she needed to, but shorter ones were becoming easy to simply fully think in her mind and it would happen. Such things as when she attacked monsters were why she didn’t really have to express them with her lips. Frankly it made it easier to keep one orifice closed until she lost her mind bliss. At the very least it caused the monster more trouble and that was satisfying.

“Besides that you may want to start delving in some things like Latin. Latin seems to be a major center for the languages you’ll be reading and it will help you in understanding a few words. But by heaven’s sake do not attempt to make incantations out when you can’t read it fully. I’ve already learned one or two words make a very big difference.”

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:49 am

Diana noted the hesitation and change of nouns when Clarice spoke. She was clearly not the only one with a mentor, nor the only one enrolled in something she saw as unjust and incorrect. "Perhaps I can meet her sometime, she sounds intriguing." Diana spoke with a smile before popping another piece of food into her mouth. Diana's urge to return to her studies was half an attempt to return into Clarice's good lights and half an attempt to change the subject to something more comfortable. She was never one big on reviewing her mistakes. Then she heard Clarice udder the word 'witch,' which gave the woman a shiver down her spine. She'd read of the Inquisition back in High School. She'd read of how mercilessly they were hunted down as inhuman and despicably evil creatures.

A nod of the head signalled Diana's understanding of the importance of not having to say incantations aloud. It was obvious what it implemented and what it helped defend her from. "Latin... Is it not because it was the language spoken back in ancient Europe, where the first witches were indoctrined? Speaking of which..." The girl swallowed the lump in her throat. "Is it true what they say about witches? Are they..." She stopped herself. "We truly soulless? Is there some sort of ritual where we sacrifice our humanity for power, like the..." Once more the blond stopped herself. She had just barely avoided badmouthing the administration again, something she knew she didn't need right now.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:57 am

“Perhaps you will meet her…but maybe you won’t,” Claire spoke and left it at that. She wasn’t exactly looking to have Diana in a life time of servitude so if fate had any mercy upon her, then she and Natsuki would never meet.

“Well if you’d like to consider I have no shed of humanity, then I can’t change your mind. We’re different. Just like it was with races of humans, we are considered lower species and therefore we do not have what the superior race has, but let me say this and you take this with a grain of salt,” she mutters the last bit as she looks hard at a wall as if there were someone judging her right in front of her.

“The hell with people who think they can damn others by what they practice. You’ll never escape scornful eyes that will look down upon you, Diana. I’ve had to deal with it too and it won’t be the last time. But I love what I do, how magic feels coursing through my veins so I feel it is worth the ignorant remarks of naïve people. I have a soul and I use magic to better myself and that-I refuse to let someone try and tell me otherwise.”

Strong devotion to talent creates strong emotions to it. Claire was flirting with darkness that was magic, but it would be Diana’s choice of whether to accept some things of magic or not. Magic wasn’t completely innocent and shouldn’t be treated as such. It was because of magic she was in a rather hard place with monsters. But she still loved it.

She didn’t need to hear what the woman would’ve said in order to know what would’ve been uttered. “I don’t see everything eye to eye with Shokushu as well, Diana, but you can’t like every single thing of an administration no matter where you are. But you should still be careful with what you say… speaking lowly of Shokushu will get you into very bad predicaments. And I can’t always be there to reduce consequences. You’re free to think of things in your mind… but don’t let it burden you into trouble.”

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6