View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Transfered Authority (Vera) 

Post Transfered Authority (Vera)
Leriana moved silently through the hallways of the dorm towards the elevator leading to the Head Girl's room. But not the one she was used to, Katya's room was in another dorm, and this felt ... weird. It was similar, and yet there were differences. They were subtle, and most might not have noticed them, but to Leriana they screamed out. She kept feeling like she was on a patrol, not visiting a Head girl. She still didn't know the reason, all Katya had said before leaving was that Leriana was to deliver the sealed folder she was carrying to Vera a few days later after class and then wait for Vera's reaction.

*ding*

With that the elevator came down and Leriana stepped into it, a hand pressing the button to take it to the top floor without Leriana needing to pay any attention at all. She checked her uniform as the elevator started to rise, a pointless gesture as the uniform was as perfect as always, looking as if it had just been dry cleaned even though she had worn it for most of today. The prefect sash that was her pride and joy hung loosely against her left shoulder and draped down to her right hip. The only thing she wore that was vaguely non-uniform was a silver necklace with a single diamond set onto a heart, a gift from her lover and the student who shared her room, Alisha.

*ding*

With the second ding the door slid open again and Leriana stepped out into the hallway leading from the elevator to the Head Girl's rooms. She walked along, her expression carefully blank and emotionless, as she made her way to Vera's door. She paused at it for a moment before knocking once and waiting patiently for Vera to answer.

For a list of my chars go to here

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:30 am

Post Re: Transfered Authority (Vera)
With Head Girls having some access to each other's schedules, it was not difficult to find a good time that Vera would be in her room. After classes was only a partial bet as she tended to have students to tutor especially during the summer semesters. But it was already past that time as well as Leriana approached the door leading to the Head Girl's room. Vera was tending to some files and past reports from her Prefect when a knock came to her door.

She looked up from her work to find that the knock was firm but was followed by nothing else. Her Prefect and pet would have entered already as would majority of the staff. Monsters rarely used the door. So that only left a student with a request or a rather polite monster. Closing the file and sliding it back into the rest of the stack, Vera took a moment to smooth her skirt and restore any composure she may be lacking in. "Come in," she said calmly. The door was unlocked and the silver haired woman watched as a Prefect approached her.

The young woman wore a perfectly well kept uniform that seemed to show how much pride this one had in wearing the navy blue sash over her shoulder. The only issue was the fact this was not Vera's Prefect. She was aware of who the other Head Girl's picked as their servants and Prefects. This was to ensure no toes were stepped on should issues arise. Her only guess was that this woman was here to deliver a message from the Head Girl she was under which she believed to remember being Katya.

"Afternoon, Prefect," Vera said cooly, "Please, have a seat. Miss Vallori correct? What brings you to my office?" Fingers fold infront of her as she waited patiently for Leriana to get relaxed and state her business.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Leriana was nervous, she was visiting a head girl after all, a girl just like the one she served. Only she knew there would be differences, in personality, manner, and in the fact that Leriana did not know Vera anywhere as near as well as she knew Katya. But none of her nervousness showed on the prefect's face, she did her best to ensure that her expression was a fairly neutral one, with the only real thing showing being politeness. When she heard a voice that she instantly recognised as Vera's call out for her to come in she opened the door and stepped through, her eyes briefly scanning the room before focusing purely on Vera. Leriana walked into the Head Girl's room and straight towards the desk Vera was sitting behind, taking a seat as she held the sealed folder under her arm.

That is correct Miss Matsumoto. Miss Ivanova asked me to deliver this to you a few days after she left on a Public relations tour in America. Leriana didn't know that the excuse for Katya's absence was just a blanket explanation and that Katya could in fact be visiting an alien world, or even receiving private 'lessons' from one of the Headmasters. Katya had told Leriana why she would be away, and to Leriana that made it the truth.

She offered the folder to Vera, still having no idea what was in it. She didn't know that it was a request for Vera to act as Leriana's Head Girl for the duration of Katya's absence, as well as various documents describing just how devoted Leriana was about her duties as a prefect. It contained reports on Leriana's performance, the number of demerits she had issued and overseen the punishment for, as well as various reports on students whose behaviour had significantly changed since one of Leriana's detentions. In short, it was Leriana's record of her time as a prefect. It also contained a couple of extra files, with the main document of that stack being that of her psychological profile, her adoration of teachers and the Head Girls who the teachers granted authority to.

Leriana sat patiently and silently when Vera took the folder and broke the seal. Her expression did not change from it's politeness as she patiently sat in near perfect posture, waiting for Vera to dismiss her.

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:45 am

Despite Leriana's stolid composure, Vera could easily read the flickering of nervousness in the woman's aura. It was to be expected. Though a Prefect, this room might as well been unknown territory for the student. But there was no real reason to worry, the Head Girl had no reason to punish this one just yet.

She accepted the file and proceeded to break the seal. It was not much of a surprise to have a Head Girl disappear. In some ways, it was more common for them to be spirited away than normal students, whether it was for business, pleasure, or punishment. Inside the folder was a transfer form for the Prefect before her. Seems Katya may be absent for an unknown period of time. Though the Prefect did not have any real power, they had even less power if their Head Girl was unavailable. Demerits meant little if there was no one to report them to. Along with the request was Leriana's file explaining everything in detail about the woman even various sizes that men and monsters look for.

What she saw was acceptable for a Prefect's standards though the woman did overstep her bounds rather often. But it did get results so it was not overly terrible. Vera looked up to see that Leriana was still sitting and waiting. Seems the woman had no idea what she was here for. "Seems your Head Girl will be absent for some time. This is a transfer form, Miss Vallori. According to this, I am to be your Head Girl for the time being and you are to serve me with the same devotion as our past employer," she said calmly, "But despite my mutual relations with Miss Ivanova, I am no babysitter. I have no use for temporary employees who are just counting the days before they return to their former positions. So Miss Vallori, I suggest you tell me what you will provide me for you to continue wearing that sash under my name."

Vera was not angry or annoyed. She was merely a business woman who wanted undying loyalty from her subjects. Her high standards has scared off many potential Prefects, proving their lack of ability to fulfill the position. The Head Girl would only use the file as a starting point. It would be up to this woman's ability right here and now to decide if she will keep her job in being her eyes and ears.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Leriana's aura was indeed showing Vera that she was nervous, she was dealing with a Head Girl after all, someone who had been granted her authority from teachers, and to Leriana was only slightly below the teachers in terms of 'ranking'. But the moment Vera informed Leriana of just what was in the folder she had delivered her aura shifted, changed. That nervousness remained, if anything it grew stronger. But it was accompanied by a burning need, Leriana HAD to prove to Vera that she was worth it. That even if it was just a loan until Katya returned from her trip Leriana was still worth the effort. Leriana had been given a taste of exactly the sort of position she loved, a position where by just holding it she could instantly consider herself a 'teachers pet'. And as long as someone provided her the chance to have such a position, official or not, she would do everything she could to keep that person happy.

Leriana gulped once, her mind racing as she tried to work out what she could say, how she could express just how much she wanted a position like she had held. She glanced down for a moment before looking back up at Vera, her eyes determined as she settled for the truth. Anything you wish me to do, Miss Matsumoto. She locked her gaze with Vera for a few seconds before dropping it respectfully, not knowing about her empathy and wanting to let Vera see the determination in her eyes, and the fact that she meant those words. Anything Vera asked of her she would do without a seconds thought or hesitation. The only possible thing that she would struggle with was if Vera ordered her to break a rule, but she never even considered that possibility. After all, a Head Girl would never break a rule, so why would she order someone else to do so?

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:46 am

Vera could almost hear her mind sigh at the answer she received. It was a disappointing answer to say the least. "Oh.. I did not realize Katya accepted mindless drones," the Head Girl replied cooly, "What do you think every girl says when they come begging for a Prefect position? I have no use for a bunch of useless yes girls. If I did, these positions would have filled a long time ago." The woman before her was even more nervous now that the simple delivery has turned into a job interview. But she would not allow that to be an excuse for incompetence. Leriana was either ready or she was not. Like the Head Girl said, she was not going to baby sit a below average Prefect.

"Consider yourself lucky to be under Miss Ivanova and that I am somewhat fond of her. But I am not Ivanova and have no need for anyone to kiss my rear," she continued softly, her voice never raising, "Consider this another chance to answer properly. I want your answer and not some fabricated answer you think I want to hear. Do not waste my time further or I shall find someone else to give that sash and return to Katya." No employer would take such a broad and vague answer seriously and neither would Vera. If Leriana wanted a chance to keep that sash, the woman better start coming up with details. Despite what is involved in being a Prefect, it was still a job to the Head Girl and should be treated as such.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Leriana was watching Vera as the head girl responded to her answer, noticing the disappointment that Vera seemed to have in response all too well. She breathed deeply as she internally scolded herself for trying something that was so obviously going to be rejected. Any girl could promise anything, without being clear on what anything was. Why would someone want such a person under their authority? She breathed deeply, her mind calming down as she did so. She was still nervous, it was in Leriana's nature to be nervous whenever a teacher, or someone the teachers had vested authority in, was regarding her poorly. But she focused that nervousness, trying to use it so that she could change things around, and make up for her earlier mistake.

I would patrol all areas of the school, reporting anyone who violates the rules to you. If you wish I am more than capable of disciplining students who break the rules myself, if the detention or punishment issued is just a standard detention or if it requires full use of the tools available in the basement. There are also a number of students in various levels of the School who feel that they owe me a favour, and hence report any rule breaker they see to me. Anyone reported as such I will pass on to you, which means records will indicate you have caught more rule breaking students. In addition to that I am very good at all subjects I take, and if anyone comes to you asking for help in those subjects I would be more than happy to provide assistance on your behalf if you are busy.

Leriana regarded Vera cautiously as she finished speaking, waiting for a reaction to her, much more expanded and detailed, reply and hoping it was positive. If pressed she might be able to come up with a few more reasons why Vera would want her as a prefect. But she had put her main reasons to Vera. Now all she could do was hope it would be acceptable to the white haired Head Girl. She also had to hope that the folder she had handed Vera contained the information on just how good she was at the various things she had offered to do for Vera as her prefect.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 am

The feelings of nervousness continued to pour out from Leriana's aura and now there were visible signs that the Prefect was losing some composure. The student expanded on what 'anything' meant, stating the standard duties of her positions and what resources the woman had available. The new answer was adequate with little to no mistakes in the wording. It was enough to accept this woman as her temporary Prefect for now at until Katya returns.

Vera opened the woman's file and began to run through the various students that had been punished by this woman. It was rather impressive that the results were near to total obedience to the Prefect and staff. One was even serving Leriana as maid and servant in her room. Reading some of the details of the punishments given did spark a bit of curiousity in the Head Girl.

"Very well, Miss Vallori," Vera replied softly, "Though you are only required to patrol your assigned areas of the school. There are multiple Prefects and Head Girls for a reason. The last thing needed is one over zealous student stepping on the toes of others and going beyond their jurisdiction. Seems you have taken upon yourself to punish several students before reporting them to your Head Girl. Is there a particular reason for this? You should know very well that most schools would never allow for such harsh punishments and removal of freedoms."

She scanned a few more documents. "Your record is immaculate. It claims you have never disobeyed or broken a single order or rule," she began, "But all this tells me is that you have yet to be caught doing something wrong. No one is perfect or else there would be no need for my position or yours. Your choice to punish and mold students yourself proves you have some deeper desires for this position. Why else would you make claims that such acts would improve my image? Can you truly tell me that you, the perfect student has never broken a rule while on this island."

Vera's eyes stared intently at the Prefect in question. The Head Girl was watching for variations in the woman's aura. The Prefect's previous Head Girl was not an empath and could perhaps hide secrets. Here, the silver haired woman would see what little shadows lurked in this student and whether she will attempt to hide it from her.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:34 pm

Leriana remained tense as Vera answered, at first it seemed to be approval from Vera, but it quickly evolved into more questions. These she could answer. I do know that most schools do not punish students as harshly as Shokushu does. I took the independence of punishing students before reporting them to Katya because I either caught them breaking a punishable offence, or heard about it from a teacher. I assumed that the punishment would be the same due to the severe nature of the offences, and wanted to be able to present both the offence, or in some cases offences, as well as the end result to Katya to try and minimise the amount of work she had to do.

When Vera asked about her record there was a flash of something, for a brief moment she considered trying to hide it. After all, Katya herself had handled it for her. But she abandoned the idea of not telling Vera about the offence that had first brought her to Katya's attention. There should be one infraction on my record, but I believe Katya handled it for me. One of my teachers in my first year, my history professor, asked me to remain behind after a month of classes. I did so, and once everyone else was gone he suggested that we have sex. I said that I thought such relationships between students and teachers were forbidden, but he said that rule was ignored. I believed him. He ended up asking me to stay behind at least once a week, and that went on all the way until I entered my second year and it was found out. He was fired, and I would have faced punishment but Katya interceded on my behalf. There was no trace of any other deception in Leriana's mind. She did have one other secret, but she hid it from Vera by hiding it from herself. She had completely forgotten about the event with the blonde haired Pia, and as such didn't think herself deceptive to not tell Vera about it.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 am

For several moments, the Head Girl considered the woman before her. As far as she was concerned, there were no flaws in this woman beyond the first mistake earlier. Though it was a bit troublesome to have someone elses Prefect be made her responsibility, Leriana may have some uses to her. There were only a few more matters to look into first. The teacher being fired for such an offense was nothing unusual in a normal school. But here on Shokushu, it was doubtful having sex with students would be the reason for the man's 'removal'. Such things were outside her jurisdiction though.

It was slightly interesting to find this Prefect to have no current history with the island's inhabitants. Leriana was obviously not a virgin due to the teacher but to be untouched by monsters was a unique find for someone of this woman's level. Vera would not force such a thing. It will come to this student eventually, they always do.

"So you and 'Katya' are on a first name basis?" she asked, showing no signs of offense or approval, "Seems she was fond of you. But yes, Head Girls do have many responsibilities and Miss Ivanova had much to do before and after the prom. I am not Katya though. There are some matters that must be dealt by a Head Girl and a Head Girl alone, it is not your place to decide their final punishment. I know very well you Prefects play your games, taking favors in exchange for not giving out demerits. As long as discipline and order is maintained, I will not raise my hand on the matter."

"You mentioned ensuring that my name would be the one taking the credit for finding these culprits and troublemakers?" she continued, "I suppose you did much the same thing with Katya. In other words, you will be raising my position above your former Head Girl in the eyes of the Headmasters. Is this what you are offering me, Miss Vallori?"

Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:20 am

Leriana knew nothing of the real reason the teacher that had taken advantage of her devotion to keeping teachers happy was 'fired'. There was no way she would be told of the 'special student' roster that listed those students the monsters at Shokushu were free to rape, lest of all the fact the teacher in question had taken her name off the list to keep her to himself. But if Vera felt curious enough it shouldn't be too hard for her to find out the real reason. It had been sheer chance that Leriana had avoided the attention of monsters ever since she had been put back on the 'special student' roster.

Leriana nodded as Vera said she was not to administer any punishments without first reporting it to Vera. Yes Miss Matsumoto. There is a flare of emotion in her mind, a determination for Leriana to prove herself to Vera. Of course what Vera says next causes a conflicting emotion, loyalty to Katya. Katya had saved Leriana from something out of her darkest nightmares, and had given her something beyond her wildest dreams. The very idea of doing something to make someone else look better than Katya grated on her, and the concept that Vera had raised forced Leriana to consider things like that. But her inner turmoil lasted for only a second before the next realisation clicked. Katya had practically ordered Leriana to work for Vera, and if that included making Vera look better than Katya Leriana would do so without any further hesitation. She would serve Vera as best as she could, no matter what the white haired head girl ordered.

That is what I am offering you Miss Matsumoto. I will do whatever I can to enhance your own position and make your life as easy as possible.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:49 am

The flare of emotions eventually ended with simply accepting what was in fact true. Leriana was offering to serve her no matter the situation or the effect it may have on the student's former Head Girl. That did not ease her concern though. Vera still knew very little about the other Head Girls personally. Katya was a pleasant woman but there was no telling what the woman was truly like behind closed doors. Leriana was loyal to the the school's system of order. This was both a good thing and a bad thing.

Vera folded her fingers infront of her. Her elbows were propped up on her desk as her chin rested over her fingers. The silver haired woman kept her eyes directly on Leriana's "So what will prevent you from taking advantage of my kindness afterwards when you return to your former Head Girl?" she asked, "Why should I accept a Prefect who will easily change her loyalties? Head Girls are all working under the similar goals but just like a business each wants to have their own share of power. You mindlessly obey without question but when the papers come for your transfer back to Miss Ivanova what then? Why should I bother taking in a complete stranger when there is so much risk involved?"

Leriana probably never bothered with the politics that these higher positions may have. With Prefects being so few in number and many Head Girls being retired or otherwise on other 'projects', there was not too much political conflicts. But one could not be too careful. As a business woman, Vera wanted to ensure her investment would be a good one.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:09 am

Leriana had never even considered that the various Head Girls were political opponents, but when she thought about it for a moment she realised how naive her assumption that they were all equal and got along well was. After all, she had worked hard in her classes to be her teachers favourites, and no doubt they did the same. She had never considered that before, and now that Vera had pointed it out it made the head girls more ... like her. More like students, and less like teachers. Just as she had been about to rank the Head Girls as higher than teachers, suddenly she was forced to note they were students, and hence lower ranked. She didn't let that particular revelation show, although Vera's empathy would no doubt pick up Leriana mentally kicking herself over something.

My loyalties are not easily changed. Miss Ivanova asked me, indirectly, to serve as your prefect. My understanding of a prefect's duties was I was to belong to the Head Girl I reported to. I will continue to act as your prefect until you say otherwise Miss Matsumoto. Even with her earlier realisation that the Head Girls were just students Leriana was still below them. They were far more favoured by the teachers than she was, and so she was prepared to do anything to make them happy with her. Even the implication of her being someone's belonging, something she usually hated, she had been taught to assume was the case in the very first meeting she had with Katya. Normally Leriana was loyal to the teachers, with more loyalty being devoted to the higher ranked teachers. Her time under Katya had changed that, with the Russian head Girl working to make Leriana loyal to one person. It had worked, and while Leriana would still seek to keep teachers happy she held her duties and loyalty to her head girl as more important than teachers. Since Katya had told Leriana that Leriana was Katya's Leriana had gone from servicing most of the male teachers she had to none.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 am

"So you will remain mine even when Katya returns? Interesting," she replied cooly, "But I have only your word as proof. I suppose I can afford to take this risk as a favor to my sister Head Girl. You may keep your sash, Miss Vallori. I am certain you will perform your duties for now. Anything further shall be dealt with in the future. I will simply leave you with this promise. Take advantage of my kindness today and I will ensure your perfect little record is soiled to the point that no one will ever wish to touch you much less look at you."

Her voice darkened as her eyes narrowed only slightly as she spoke the threat. It should not be needed but she would make things very clear to this new Prefect. Closing the folder, Vera leaned back in her chair for a moment before restoring her composure. "I will sign and send off the transfer papers later today," she said calmly, "For now, do tell me all that you have learned about being a Prefect from Miss Ivanova. I know each Head Girl has their own methods of training and teaching their Prefects and I wish to be on the same page. Do not spare the details, tell me everything Leriana."

"Would you like something to drink?" Vera asked, "You were probably not expecting such a thorough interview for a job you already had." The Head Girl decided it best to help calm the tension in the room by making things a bit more casual for her new Prefect. Leriana's aura seemed to be showing some odd flickers she was not particularly familiar with. Perhaps something she mentioned before opened the woman's eyes a bit more.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Leriana nodded once at Vera's threat of what would happen to her if she betrayed Vera's trust, but she didn't seem worried by it. Not because she doubted Vera would, or because she wasn't afraid of the fate. Her lack of concern was because she had no intention of breaking that trust, and if she was never going to give Vera a reason to punish her there would be no reason for her to worry about it. She shook her head at Vera's next question. No thank you Miss Matsumoto.

Leriana felt her mind slipping into her usual role of serving someone in authority, willing to do anything to make them and keep them happy with her. The question about her training as a prefect under Katya was answered without hesitation, or any sign of her holding something back. She freely described everything she had been taught, or had learnt on her own, regardless of if that knowledge was about things in the basement (mostly self taught with plenty of experimentation, both on her 'friends' and, in the case of drugs herself), or other parts of the school. She left no details out about her understanding of her duties in the corridors of Shokushu, as well as her duty to serve her head girl. While she didn't describe how she serviced Katya specifically that was more because that detail was not part of her training under Katya. She did inform Vera that she understood that part of her duties as a prefect was to give pleasure to the head girl she reported to.

When she finally finished talking she sat silently in her chair, waiting for Vera's response and watching her face for any tells that would give her some idea of how Vera would respond to the information Leriana had just provided.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next