View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 8:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Untitled (For LynMarie) 

Post Untitled (For LynMarie)
Allisa fumbled around at the door to what was to be her new room. Her hands were full and she was trying to stretch out with a finger, or the side of a fist already gripping a bag to roll the knob around. While it certainly would have been easier to put down the things in one hand, open the door, pick them up and walk in, Allisa wasn't like that. Eventually, she used her two balled up hands to roll the knob and open the door, nearly tripping over as she went through. Allisa closed the door with the back of her foot (hands still full of bags) and then set her things down.

Very carefully, she took out a box of tools she used for her designs and set it on top of the desk. Allisa then took out a wide folder with designs and spare paper and set that on top of the desk next to it. The rest could wait till later, it was of little consequence. Allisa pulled the folder closer and went to her last work. Not the palace for the dictator, the one before that. They were working on a home for a well off man who had destroyed five spectacular waterfront properties in order to construct one massive mansion on top of them. Her boss's death coupled with her three year absence probably meant that the man would have already hired another company. Maybe the home was already in construction. But that didn't matter, Allisa still wanted to finish the home. Besides, the place was too unfamiliar. It didn't feel right. When she was looking at the paper and making her designs, things felt normal, but the moment she looked up, to the side or anywhere besides the paper, the feeling returned.

"I can't concentrate like this!" she thought.

Allisa stood up and began pacing around the room. She took a few good books from her bags and put them on a provided shelf as well as some personal items like a picture of her family which she set on her desk. Allisa went to close the curtains to shut out this new environment but the view was spectacular, so she left them open, leaned up against the windowsill and gazed out. It was a security risk, to stick her head out the window for all to see. There might be assassins from the dictator (though the University assured her that the security of the Island would ensure her safety, Allisa was paranoid nonetheless). After a while, her mind began to waffle until a noise startled her.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:55 am

Location: Somewhere in the darkness unseen, naked and being tortured
Post Re: Untitled (For LynMarie)
((sorry about the extremely long delay, been a lot of bad luck on my end))
Dunno why, maybe it was because I was only half awake from my nap outside the dorm building, maybe it was because I soddered the wires of the transmitter wrong but I was quickly getting pissed off trying to get it to work right today. Didn't know I actually had a neighbor now either and the sound of my pillow exploding 'might' freak them out a little bit.

"Shit!!!"
I yelped leaping out of my bed and out my door to the nearest fire extinguisher ripping it off the wall and dashing right to the doorway and spraying my bed down, the transmitter was in my closet and disguised simply as an MP3 so if staff decided to investigate the fire they'd find nothing but a pillow that had been hit by a stray spark from something.

I sighed a little to myself when the fire was out. I scratched my head a little bit looking over the damage. floor was a bit scorched, bet had a little bit of a hole near the headboard but, over all it wasn't all that bad.
"Least I got the pillow to the floor quick enough... wonder if the staff'll give me another..."

I thought aloud, no one really lived in the dorms around me to my knowledge at that time, course I didn't know a new student had just moved in.

Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]