View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Avoidant meet Shy(For Pia) 

Location: computer lab or the tech square formerly known as dorm 203
Post Avoidant meet Shy(For Pia)
So it was day one at college, I wasn't really very enthusiastic about it honestly. I figured I could spend most of my time avoiding my 'peers' and with any luck, I could get through four years completely alone. So far I was doing pretty well with that. I'd moved all my things into my room, I'd showered, changed, brushed my hair and put everything in it's place in my room (I didn't own all that much stuff that wasn't going to stay in their bags in my closet to tell the truth) I know my one of my dorm neighbors saw me going into my room but, I didn't really say anything to her. It wasn't even that late yet and now I was happily sitting in the common area reading a simple sci-fi novel, I think it was a pebble in the sky... can't remember exactly but, I do remember that people were too busy with one another doing who knows what to talk to a green haired girl with glasses. At least no one had yet.
such a beautiful place so far, even the weather is perfect for a first day...
I thought as I brushed a hand down the leg of my black loose jeans as I turned a page, it was a nervous habit of mine when I read in public, always brush a a hand over my thigh... don't know why I did it, maybe to keep my calm.
Other than the black jeans I wore a white tanktop under a forest green off the shoulder long sleeved top, I thought the look was good on me anyway, not that I cared what people thought of how I looked anymore; I'd given up caring if people thought I looked sexy or cute, all caring had ever done was get people to hate me and make my life hell so what was the point of it
I kept a mostly blank expression as I read, quiet contentment was a good word for it I think though I also think that might have marked me as a new girl seeing how social everyone around the common area had been that day.

Hi "I'm... NO! alright no I'm not a fucking vampire alright... my name's Charlotte Tepes Belnades >.>"

Indeed, the pleasure is all mine. Doctor Christopher M. Belmont at your service.

"Lt. Commander Karin, Reporting for Assignment..."

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:51 am

Post Re: Avoidant meet Shy(For Pia)
Usually, Pia never visited the commons room, spending the few hours when she was not busy in solitude at her room. She had made a vague promise to herself to isolate herself less, and gain more friends amongst the students, but somehow, she never found the time and energy.

Today, it seemed events had conspired to make her do so, though. As she came home, she discovered that a pipe or something had sprung a leak in her dorm room, and the tiny cubicle like bathroom she had was almost flooded. Luckily, the leak had not been going on long enough to cause major damage, but the plumber had to get things fixed now, so Pia's plans for quick shower, a quick meal and curling up with a book in her bed was officially busted.

So right now she was entering the commons room with a small bag and a book in her hand. Apart from her signature twintails/glasses combo, she wore a blue and pink stiped top, a denim skirt and above knee stockings.

She looked around herself, a bit uncertain. No-one she knew was there. Scanning the room, fingers playing with her pigtail as was her habit, her eyes settled upon a girl sitting alone reading a book.

"Mind if I sit down here?"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Astrid, red scarf of the Tramps.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:38 pm
Profile YIM

The voice ripped me from the little fantasy world my book had drawn me into. I looked to the blonde girl that had spoken to me with a bit of a passive-aggressive expression. I glanced around the room for several moments looking for another option to offer the girl but, had no luck. I didn't really like people and I could have just told her to go fuck herself but, I wasn't an ass.

”I suppose you can since there’s nowhere else available...”

And I suppose it helped the girl's case that she wore glasses and had a cute, shy, innocent girl look about her instead of a sexy, overconfident, judgmental bitch look.
From there I tried to get back into my book with little luck. I pushed my glasses back up the bridge of my nose before reaching down my shirt and pulling out a box of coconut water for myself to try and relax a little.

Hi "I'm... NO! alright no I'm not a fucking vampire alright... my name's Charlotte Tepes Belnades >.>"

Indeed, the pleasure is all mine. Doctor Christopher M. Belmont at your service.

Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:30 pm

"Uh.. sorry.. I apologize for disturbing.." Pia weakly stammered. Her eyes darted around the room, perhaps there was some seat available she had not seen? But no. All the other girls were two or more, chatting or doing things together. If edging in on the reading girl's territory made her feel awkward, doing the same with a group who knew each other was worse. Nothing made Pia feel more lonely.

Besides, the girl had given her permission, sort off, and backing out would feel odd too. Pia sat down, and placed her won book on the table. The title was in Norwegian, Trollvinter. It was actually a children's book, part of a Finnish series, the Moomin Books. Even though the book was surprisingly dark, perhaps even gothic, the intended age group considered, Pia felt very self concious about it now. She was certain the other girl felt she was a childish brat. She wished she had thought to bring one of the textbooks from her classes instead.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:46 pm
Profile YIM

I tried to ignore how awkward the girls seemed, I didn't want to be pulled in by the magnetism of cute as I had so many times before; which had all led to rather disastrous results for me... of course everything ended disastrously for me.
”Oh it's more than alright, I'm sure someone else would have been less kind about disturbing my reading if you hadn't. At least you were subtle and probably didn't mean to.”
I offered what I thought was a nice bright smikle, my nice bright smiles were vague shifts in facial expression at that time.
I then noticed the book she had brought when she placed it on the table. I looked from it to her for several moments. I cleared my throat blushing faintly resisting the urge to do a stupid things like squeel hug her like some fan girl and gush about her being adorable... I didn't do very well unfortunately.
”My god... you're actually reading something like that?... it's... you're...”
I blushed a bit brighter taking my glasses off.
”My name is Jeanette though you may call me rose. And you are the most adorable college student to ever live i'm certain.”
I at least kept my words level smooth and well composed the blush remained though... I liked cute, there was nothing I could do about that.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:22 am

"Uh.. uhm..?", Pia said. She was not always very good at reading shifts in other peoples moods and attitudes, and the other girls sudden change came as a surprise to her. At first she seemed quite oblivious, then the realization that she had been complimented hit her. Her cheeks flushed red, and her big blue eyes were suddenly downcast. In a few seconds she had gone from nervous and withdrawn, to confused and into bashful maiden territory.

Remember your manners!, she admonished herself.

"P-pleased to meet you, Jeanette! Uh.. wait, I mean Rose." Pia said. She made a little movement, an almost imperceptible one, like she tried curtsying where she was sitting or something.
"My name is Pia. Pia Marie, but just use Pia, please!"

Her face shifted a little, still bashful, but daring a little glance at Rose, a bit of a smile on her lips.
" And thank you! Rose is a such pretty name. So is Jeanette too, of course."

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:25 pm
Profile YIM

I giggled just a little bit, and I NEVER giggled. This girl though, she was too much. Blonde hair, blue eyes, glasses and a figure that combined voluptuous with just the proper amount of actual body mass instead of bone, she was technically perfect yet she was so shy and so... I don't even know the word to describe it at this point but, she wasn't full of herself at all! I just couldn't believe my luck to find someone so rare in the world.

”Pia Marie... always did like the name Marie honestly. Very simple an elegant. But, Pia that's a unique name, suits you it's short and cute, can I ask where it's from?”

the look on her face really did bring a smile to my face as I placed my bookmark and closed the tome I held on my lap now resting my hands as I relaxed trying not to seem rude. Four years of highschool was supposed to have been a social learning experience and since i'd spent most of that under a rock, I did lack certain social graces.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:16 am

Pia was still a bit bewildered. She must have completely misread the other girl. She was giggling, even, and seemed very friendly.

"Uh.. thank you! It is from Latin, actually, but I think it is pretty much only used in Northern Europe.", Pia answered the question. "I am from Norway, so it is not uncommon there."
Indeed, when her origin was pointed out, one might notice she also had a slight accent. Pia's English was rather good for a non-native, with perhaps the occasional grammatical error or odd choice of words marring the illusion of being a native speaker, but behind it all, the intonation and sounds of her mother tongue still lingered. It was very faint, but a slight touch of accent was still there.

Pia was smiling at the other girl. She was not used to being met with such friendliness, and was almost put off foot by it. "So where are you from?", Pia asked. It seemed the Americans were in majority here, but there were girls from all over, she knew.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:32 pm
Profile YIM

I didn't say much about where her name was from, I just liked how it sounded really. Her next question though bugged me a bit. i sort of lost some of my connection to being friendly to the cute girl i was talking to because of it.
”Actually I don't know where I’m from, I was an orphan for almost my entire life up til I was fourteen. Would rather not talk about it too much if it's all the same to you. At least not with someone I just met; no offense.”
I decided I should change the topic as quick as I possibly could, my discomfort from saying that much about where i lived most of my life was obvious.
”so beside sitting here in an uncomfortably crowded common room... uhhh, what else is there to do?”
it was a hint that I didn't want to stay here anymore I hoped she took it.

Sat May 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Pia bit her lover lip, and mumbled an apology. She really had not wanted to offend, but it seemed she had caused the other some grief, even if she did not quite realize what she had done wrong. She did not quite manage to hide the worry in her eyes, even if she realized pressing the issue would probably just make things worse.

Pia was not good at taking hints. She was a bit literally minded, and subtle pokes sometimes took some time to register. "Uh, well.. there is not much to do here most of the time.. There are various activities and such, but I am not active.. Oh. You mean now!"

Pia mentally kicked her own rear. Nice bimbo moment there, Pia!

"Uh.. I'd invite you to my room, but a pipe sprang loose, and there is a plumber there now. We could go out for a while, it is not quite dark yet."

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 pm
Profile YIM

I couldn't help laughing a little bit at that, the few moments it took pia to understand what i'd said, she was an epitome of cute and every time she spoke it just sort of stuck the point a little further forward. It was a good natured friendly laugh though, not one I offered too often to too many people.

”Would be nice to go for a walk outside yeah but, what's wrong with the dark though? It's gorgeous out some nights, I like the night more than the day half the time.”
Honest question to the adorable blonde

”but, if you really don't like the dark, I guess we can go to my dorm when you start to feel uneasy, I'm alone in their anyway for the time being; so I see no reason not to let you stay there until they finish their work fixing the plumbing.”

Wed May 11, 2011 4:18 am

"Thanks! That's really nice of you!"
Pia smiled at the offer. She really did not know how to answer that first part, the one about the dark. Pia was not afraid of the dark, and had not been since she was a small child. She was, however, rather afraid of what she knew lurked in the dark.
Once again, Pia struggled with the old dilemma.. should she say something about the monsters? Her sense of right and wrong said yes, she should do her best to warn her. Her more practical side said the chance of her being believed was rather slim.

"Uh.. I am not scared of the dark, or anything like that. I just.. things are not.. uh.. nevermind."

Trying to recover, Pia stood up.
"So, shall we go?"

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Sun May 15, 2011 7:09 pm
Profile YIM

I put a hand on her shoulder smiling a bit to the adorable woman. I waved my hand slightly with a dismissive gesture.
“It's really no big deal Pia, I could probably use the company while I get used to sleeping in a new bed again. I should be thanking you if anything,”
I was being entirely honest to her with that, I didn't get used to my second 'home' for quite awhile with no one around. I hoped having someone near by might let me sleep right off the bat.
Then she told me she wasn't afraid of the dark and started to stammer, that was weird; adorable but, still weird. I wanted to ask what she was going to say but, she really didn't seem comfortable with it so I decided it best not to push the subject, at least not immediately.
“...uhh... yeah lets go. You can lead since you know the place better alright?”

((sorry for the delay, took the week off with darwin ;^^))

Sat May 21, 2011 6:53 am

(No problem!)

Pia rose. She was glad the other girl had not decided to pursue the part about scary things in the dark any further. That gave Pia the time to think if there was any way she could give her some kind of warning without coming off as a nutcase.
"Sure thing! Follow me. If you wish, I can show you a nice spot where you can get a good view of the beaches, as well as the campus, if you want to take a view of the premises. Or we could just stroll or whatever you like. "

Pia gave the other girl time to rise.

The Shokushu Pixies

Striktor, undead pirate.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:16 pm
Profile YIM

First I got to my feet, then I dusted myself off like always. I just smiled to the cutie that was gonna give me a look around the island.
”I think just a look at the view would be nice for now Pia, if that's alright, I'd rather go to the beach sometime when I actually have all my things settled and after they've gotten all my stuff back to my room, still missing all my swimsuits."

with a nice general map in my head i was sure i'd be able to assume some nice routes around the island when i finally did get around to actually taking strolls, and from how she described it, it was a good view all around.

Thu May 26, 2011 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next