View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 8:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 The Road Less Traveled (For Kiras) 

Post The Road Less Traveled (For Kiras)
It was early morning on a Saturday. Maylie sighed as she walked out of the shower, wearing only a towel to cover her otherwise nude body. It had not been a good first 2 weeks. Having already been brutally raped twice; and while, to her own shame and guilt, she enjoyed the pleasure, it still was against her will and with terrifying monsters. As expected, she was pretty emotionally unstable right now... to say the least. Walking back to her dorm room, she tried to just keep her mind off previous events and distract herself. Putting on her undergarments, a pair of tan running shorts, a simple white tee-shirt, some socks, and a pair of running shoes; she decided she would go out for a run. I'm out of shape... Getting lazy. she thought as she gathered a pack, putting her novel she was writing, some writing supplies (she had gotten into the habit of taking her novel and supplies everywhere), a stopwatch, a snack, and some water into it.

Stepping out of her dorm room quietly, she exited the building and went over to the track field. Setting down her pack next to the stands, she went out onto the track and began to run around the track, breath coming out foggy in the cool air, her movement keeping her warm. After running a half-mile for a warm up, Maylie grabbed a short swig of water, then pulled out her stopwatch. Going up to the start of the track, Maylie pushed the start button on the stopwatch and began to run. Apparently trying to beat her time, Maylie zipped over the track. After 3/4's of a mile, she began to tire, but she continued running strong, stopping once she reached a mile. Pulling out the stopwatch, she thought, Damn. 5:15. I'm getting lazy. I really need to run more often. Stupid school...

Running a cool down lap, Maylie walked over to her pack and leaned against the fence, drinking water and resting for awhile. Pulling out her book and holding it open in the crook of her elbow, she jotted down a couple lines in it, not really paying attention to her surroundings. Unsure of mostly what to write at this point, she went back over her previous work, editing a few things her and there in the first couple pages as she stood there, semi-obviously to any onlooker that she had just finished or was taking a break for a moment from the track due to thin reflective sheen of sweat on her pale skin.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:30 am

Post Re: The Road Less Traveled (For Kiras)
The Kiras twins were what was commonly known as 'Night Owls'. They stayed up late, and usually got up late to match, when they could get away with it without drawing some detention in the basement. To them, Saturday was usually a day that they spent half of in bed. But a last minute leak of a prefect patrol route had kept them in their room Friday night, not wanting to run the risk of being noticed by that vicious bitch Leriana, and then getting reported to Vera. And since they were stuck in their room, they had gone to bed early. Their early bedtime had meant they had an early wake up time too, with both of them near bursting with energy from not running the night before. And with the sun up they couldn't run their 'proper' course, and would instead be limited to the simple boring track.

The two identical twins, dressed in their favorite casual outfit, with their brand name runners on and with both having tied their hair back into a ponytail, headed out onto the track. It was pretty much empty at this early in the morning, but they both noticed the student who had just settled down against the fence to do something with a book. The two exchanged glances, their trouble-making side flaring up as they stepped onto the track, going at a steady job that the two could maintain for quite a while. As they moved around the track they kept an eye on the other student, studying her and seeing if she noticed that she wasn't alone on the track any more. They were running side by side, and their completely identical appearance made them mirror images, the two matching each others pace perfectly. Every movement they made was mirrored by the other ... a rare show of synchronization that was born from a lifetime of growing up and training next to each other.

Yellow means Aya is speaking, Red means Celia is speaking and Orange means they both are speaking.

Thank you Dendrite!

For a list of my chars go to here

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Maylie didn't notice the twins at first. In fact, she didn't notice them for quite a few minutes before she remembered that she came out here to run, not bury herself in ink and paper. Putting her book away, she drank another swig of water then started walking towards the track, noticing two figures running by her. Thinking nothing of it she kept moving before she did a double take. They looked exactly the same, as if someone had taken a mirror then pulled one of their images off of it and thrown it on the track next to them. Her eyes furrowing quizzically, she closed her eyes and opened them again. "Yup, they are definitely there" She thought. After observing them for a moment, another thought came to her, "They must be twins! I didn't know there were twins here..."

Waiting for them to come around the track again, she started running at a leisurely pace behind them, matching their speed. Curious, she watched them run, too shy to engage them, content to stay back and observe. She followed them around the track a couple times, barely even breathing heavily, the light pace of the running coupled with years of training making it seem almost too easy. Picking up her pace a little, she came up next to the two twins on the outer edge of the track, slightly away from them to be unobtrusive, slowing back down again to match their pace. She watched them, wondering how they synchronized their movements so perfectly. Realizing she was staring, she looked away quickly, eyes watching her feet instead.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:51 pm

The two had settled into the rhythm, just enjoying the feeling of movement, even at such a slow pace on flat ground. They didn't act like they noticed that they were no longer the only ones out on the track ... but that didn't mean they weren't aware of the other student. The two were used to scanning the environment for any possible handhold or path, as well as watching out for anyone who had seen them.

As the other student slowly started matching pace with them, the two twins subtly increased their own pace. They took it nice and slow, not needing to communicate with anything more than brief half smiles at each other to ensure that both were thinking the same thing. They weren't sprinters, but they were very fit, athletic, and used to long distance running.

They continued like that for half a lap, before Aya, who was on the outside and closer to the other student, slipped back a pace, dropping behind Celia and than moving to the side so that the two twins were now on either side of the other student, both throwing a glance and a smile at the student as they continued slowly speeding up.

Yellow means Aya is speaking, Red means Celia is speaking and Orange means they both are speaking.

Thank you Dendrite!

I'm always up for a scene (well unless I'm already flat out of course) and don't hesitate to pm me if you would be interested in one

Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:04 am

Maylie watched as they somehow coordinated their speed and movements without saying a word to each other, her curiosity getting the better of her. She noticed them speeding up, and matched their pace as they did so. Then, as she saw one of them go behind her, and then to the side of her, she wondered what they were thinking as she saw mischievous smiles flicker across their faces. Continuing to run between them, she continued to speed up as they did so, still going at a fairly, albeit less so, slow pace.

Watching them, Maylie observed that they seemed to coordinate their movements just by using facial expressions. "They must be very close" she thought. She was still baffled as to how two people could look that alike, even if they were identical twins.

Maylie noticed them both flash her a smile as they began to move ahead of her. Not to be outdone on a track, or at least not without giving her "opponent" a run for their money, Maylie matched their acceleration, then increased it a little, going just ahead of them without wasting energy to get a huge lead that would most likely be lost due to tiredness or exhaustion after awhile. She gave them a somewhat innocent smile as she passed them, semi out of character for her to show competitiveness, but this was running, one of her favorite "sports."

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:27 am

The two twins hid their grins with expert care as the other student accelerated just a little bit more, Celia matching the acceleration as Aya continued at her current pace, letting herself slowly start to drop back. She was no-where near her limit, but the two had learnt from the time they had 'raced' Susan. And now they were going to make sure that if the other student tried to match them, she would be left completely exhausted.

And with Celia knowing that Aya was just going to be maintaining a steady pace, she was free to do more ... exotic movements to try and goad the other student into wasting her energy. She drew level with the other student as they came around the bend, and when they went onto the straight again she dived forward, rolling with expert ease and coming up with even more acceleration, having put on a sudden spurt of speed just before and as she recovered from the move.

Thank you Dendrite!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 am

Maylie watched the twins as one went in front of her slightly and the other fell behind her, maintaining her pace. Knowing they were up to something, Maylie continued to run, not changing her movements as she tried to figure out just what they were up to. Her interest in the twins had just gone from curiosity to a competition. While she didn't know the twins too well, and didn't want to underestimate them, she was fairly confident in her abilities. Either way, she knew she'd at least give all 3 of them a good run.

What they were trying to do became obvious to Maylie as she saw the twin closest to her dive into a roll, coming up with a sudden burst of speed, accelerating way ahead. Maylie however, immediately figured out the ploy, keeping her pace to a brisk jog, not really even running yet; knowing that they were just trying to get her tired. If there was one thing her time on her track team taught her, however, it was to pace herself, and that she did.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:48 am

The twins scowled when Maylie didn't fall for the bluff, Aya sighing slightly as she sped up to slowly overtake Maylie, Celia slowing down just a little to let her twin catch up. And than when they were level again, they would just add a little bit more speed, staying together and trying to get both of them in front of the other student. Ever since they had first arrived both Aya and Celia had been running, or other such exercise, on a daily basis, and their bodies were as fit and healthy as ever. Even with the faster pace, they could keep it up for a long time. It would be even easier to outrun the other student if they weren't on something so flat and level, but they would have to deal with what they had.

So they would work with what they had, and use the fact that both of them would be in front of the other student to get her to increase her speed.

Thank you Dendrite!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm

A sense of satisfaction came over Maylie when she saw the twins scowl at their failed attempt to goad her. However, she soon found herself behind, as the twin behind her sped up, eventually running alongside her other twin. Sighing, Maylie sped up until she was running alongside them, not even bothering to go ahead of them. She wished she had been doing more training, because she had a feeling that these two were experienced runners, and being out of shape (although still a good runner) wasn't going to help her here. Maylie did have to admit to herself that this was much more fun then running alone. She smiled softly at the twins, matching their pace, still not very tired at all...... yet.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:05 pm

The two twins hid their smiles as the other student matched their pace, settling in for a long run. They were confident that they could outlast her ... few of the students were as athletically inclined as them. There were a few who were faster runners, and a few who were better at endurance running, but they still did fairly well in both.

And they were not going to lose to another student. Even if their most obvious trick wasn't going to work, they would simply outlast her. The two continued to speed up, making it gradual, always managing to just stay ahead of the other student, to encourage her to push herself just that little bit more.

Thank you Dendrite!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:49 am

Maylie stopped herself from shaking her head sarcastically, not speeding up with the twins anymore, but staying behind. Let them tire out themselves. Even when out of shape, endurance running was something Maylie did best. She continued to run slightly behind them, watching their feet hit the pavement repeatedly, seeming almost soothing to her. This whole thing was actually sort of dejavu for Maylie, as she had raced a pair of twins in her high school years as well, except that was an official competition.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 am

The twins, even after getting a good healthy lead, didn't show any signs of slowing down, going at a slow run as they pulled further and further away from the other student. Neither would run out of puff for a while, and unless the other student did something, they would just continue to pull away. Their outfits hugged their rear curves tightly as they moved, showing them off, each one perfectly mirrored in the other as their hair swayed back and forth at every step. Even that was, almost, perfectly synchronised.

The two would continue for another lap, and than another, keeping up their steady pace and seeing if they could manage to threaten to lap the other student, small smirks on their lips as neither even seemed remotely tired, their breathing controlled, hearts working well at keeping their body fuelled and working perfectly.

Thank you Dendrite!

Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:54 am

Maylie, almost in resignation, started speeding up, catching up to them to where they weren't significantly ahead, staying behind them a little, settling in for the long haul. She wasn't really that tired, although she was a little bit, simply because she was so out of shape. She found herself watching them run, and to her inner embarrassment, having to force herself to keep her eyes up, away from the twin's rears. Maylie wasn't going to be exhausted for awhile, but, already knowing that even though she was good, they were a step better, she decided to make it a bit more interesting.

Maylie quickly picked up speed, moving into a semi-sprint, quickly passing the twins and zipping along by, just for the fun of it. She couldn't help but turn around behind her and see the look on their faces. She honestly wouldn't have seen it coming in their position. Maylie wasn't trying to win per se, as just have a good time. She turned her head back to them and smiled softly in a way that almost conveyed that, if one cared enough to interpret it.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]