View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 An evening with the book. (Alice, Anybody can Join) 

Post An evening with the book. (Alice, Anybody can Join)
Alice Bouffant stepped into the common room of the dorm after finally unpacking her things, and moving in. There was a comfortable looking chair, that looked perfect to read her book in. She unlocked the book, and curled up in the chair to read the next chapter.

'Now, as I'm sure you've noticed, this isn't a spellbook. It was never meant to be. I only used this diary to keep track of my research and discoveries in my magicks...' The chapter continued to illiterate that the book was not a grimoire, necronomocon, bestiary, or any other type of book. It was a diary.

The book also stated that it was to be used for any discoveries she might make, specifically of the magickal, or occult variety.

It wasn't long before Alice fell asleep in the comfortable chair...

Alice's Journal: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7572

Hey there! My name's Ziggy Aurum, and I'm the New York Rave Queen! Just ask if you wanna hang out, I'm not shy! http://shokushu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7589

Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:35 am

Location: computer lab or the tech square formerly known as dorm 203
Post Re: An evening with the book. (Alice, Anybody can Join)
Jeanette had been here for a short while by now. She'd met a person or two in that time and heard several rumors. None of which she had any reason to believe were true but still she walked into the common room with a curious book that had been published in very recent years along side a simple book of engineering (she had always been one for machinery, computers, robots and the like) in case she got bored. The first book was on the recent appearance of unusual abilities in the people born within the last two or three decades. Recent experiences in her classes had made her curious about them though, it was the sort of book that was listed with UFO conspiracies and their like.

She arrived silently and took no notice of the woman that had fallen asleep in the mostly empty room. At least not until she sat down across from her. She brushed a hand over her own long denim skirt before she'd place the book down, open, and nudge the other girl gently.
”Hey, are you alright? Not sure it's safe to be sleeping in an almost empty room y'know. Some girls like pulling pranks.”

she tried to convey not sure if the woman would hear her or not, though of course she hoped Alice did; Jeanette never liked seeing other girls after pranks were pulled, she'd had enough done to her in the past to know it didn't feel good.

Hi "I'm... NO! alright no I'm not a fucking vampire alright... my name's Charlotte Tepes Belnades >.>"

Indeed, the pleasure is all mine. Doctor Christopher M. Belmont at your service.

"Lt. Commander Karin, Reporting for Assignment..."

Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:20 am

Alice started at the sound of another person's voice. "What? Where? Oh, I must have passed out. Thanks for waking me up! I'm Alice. What's your name?" Alice extended her hand in a friendly manner.

Hey there! My name's Ziggy Aurum, and I'm the New York Rave Queen! Just ask if you wanna hang out, I'm not shy! http://shokushu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7589

Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:24 am

Alice seemed over eager to make a friend, which in an of itself wasn't a bad thing for most; unless you were Jeanette of course. If you were Jeanette Rose Thompson it lead to suspicion and paranoia before anything else. She looked Offered a half hearted smile to her in her mind wondering if this was the start of an elaborate prank on her behalf.

“Yeah, no problem. Just some girls can jerks. Don't need other people suffering cause of it. Specially if they're new I doubt they'd be sleeping right now alone. You can call me Rose by the way.”
she decided not to give her name yet, nickname would do until she gauged the situation a bit better.
”I take it you're new?”

Hi "I'm... NO! alright no I'm not a fucking vampire alright... my name's Charlotte Tepes Belnades >.>"

Indeed, the pleasure is all mine. Doctor Christopher M. Belmont at your service.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm

"Pleasure to meet you, Rose. Yeah, I'm new. I just got done moving in about..." Alice checked her pocket watch. "Thirty minutes ago." Alice paused. What does she mean, girls can be jerks? she seemed a little hesitant to say that. Something seems off, Alice thought. "So, what did you mean by 'sleeping alone in an empty room'? Is that a bad thing to do here? And what about the 'pranks' that girls pull'?"

Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:58 pm

"Oh it's nothing big, you might've woken up with you bottoms hanging from the ceiling and naked from the waist down or something that's all. they like to embarrass the new students. and what not. that and they sometimes like to tell girls strange horror stories about monsters rape and the like."

Jeanette sighed faintly at the thought, she'd been through worse but, it was alright, she'd gotten over most of it.
"Pleasure to meet you as Alice."

Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:24 am

"Monsters? What a silly concept. Even so, the pleasure's all mine." Alice said, pretending not to notice the slight look of discomfort on Jeanette's face, but couldn't help the ominous feeling she had in the pit of her stomach. "Thanks for the concern. I honestly appreciate it. As for the girls wandering around half nude, I'm fairly certain it's nothing I don't have." Alice serrupticiously closed the book, locking it. She hoped that Jeanette wouldn't ask about it, as saying 'It's a witch's book' was more than likely to get her sanity questioned. Again. "If it's so dangerous to sleep alone, perhaps we could do eachother a favor, and sleep together tonight? Not in that passionate lesbian way, just... Together?"

Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:05 am

She nodded softly at that understanding perfectly what the girl meant.
”Well, yeah I guess we could do that, I have a spare bed. Of course I'm sure your room is mostly safe, even if a couple girls might know how to pick locks they usually can't get the chain off your door as far as I'm aware, and the locks are pretty strong. It'll still help you get used to being around here. But, that's a bit away. No reason not to just hang out here and talk some. Tell me about that book, looks a bit like an old Diary.”

Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:58 am

Aw shit. How can I explain this? Alice thought. "It's actually a really old book describing how to make various steam powered machinery. Gyrocopters and steam fists and such." I really hope she bought that. I don't need anybody questioning my sanity... Alice shifted uncomfortably, not quite sure how to continue. Instead, she grabbed Rose's hand. "Lead the way!" She said as bubbly and happily as she could fake.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:48 pm

At the explanation Alice had offered her face lit up bright as a 150 watt bulb. She smiled brightly her interest peaked.
”Really?! That's wonderful, you think I could get a look at that some time? I'd love to see the engineering principles behind things like that! oil, plasma & pain electrical current is pretty much the norm after all. I'd really love to see steam!”

Jeanette truly just loved machines and technology of every sort; it was some of her favorite things. And then Alice grabbed her hand and asked her to lead, she was shocked by the sudden tug.

”hey, hey hold it a second, I'll lead but you have to calm down a little! You really want to go to my room already?”

Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:32 am

"Oh, sorry. Just a little nervous. First day jitters. I'm sure you know how it goes." Shit. I didn't expect her to get so excited about the book. At least grandma did write some about steam engineering... Alice let go of Rose's hand, and put her own hand behind her, grasping the book, making sure it was locked. "So, you're into steam powered engineering? It's a bit of an odd hobby of mine. Some would say obsession." Alice said, tapping her goggles. "They double as reading glasses, so I'm allowed to wear them with the uniform." Alice said, smiling.

Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:03 am

Alice was a bit of an interesting girl so far. Jeanette would offer a subtle shrug at her question of steam engineering.
”Well, I get why you like it as a hobby, myself, I'm more into engineering of every sort, high tech, low tech, steam, computer, theoretical, weapon.”
she looked at Alice's glasses as their purpose became clear and she nodded, she liked the idea and the skirting of the rules.
”Well they are very nice... anyway have you gotten a look around the school & what it has to offer?”

Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:03 pm

I haven't yet. Like I said, I just moved in. What I do know is that I don't know anybody here, and could use a tour. Alice felt very self-concious. She'd already lied to this girl once, about the book. She didn't look forward to keeping a web of lies and half-truths clean. Perhaps it would be easier to just walk away now, avoid Rose, and just continue with her life? But then what if Rose decided to corner her? There'd be no avoiding that, and Alice would be stuck. I'm sorry, I know I just asked for a tour, but I'm actually very tired. I think I should... Alice trailed off, noticing that the girl was nervous, more so than herself. She was shifting about, as if expecting something to leap out. Tell you what, come with me to my room. I still have some boxes to unpack, and I would love the company. Alice lied again. She hated being around most people, but this girl was intriguing. Something about her seemed off, and Alice was determined to find out what it was. If it could help her, then it was worth knowing. And if not, she could better herself by being friendly with Rose.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]