View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Branching Out (open!) 

Post Branching Out (open!)
Maylie had never been good with the strange concept of "socializing." However, after recently arriving on the island a month ago, she had come to realize that she couldn't realistically go through her college years friendless. A pervading nervousness filled her gut as she walked closer and closer to the door of the commons room.

Fear of the unknown filled her thoughts. "What if they don't like me?" "What if I embarrass myself?"

Compromising with herself and deciding to sit and read, and see if someone approached her, she steeled her guts and entered what seemed like some sort of forbidden temple...

Upon entering, however, she breathed a sigh of relief. Surprisingly enough, the room was empty. Sitting down on a chair she pulled out her notebook and pencil, biting the eraser a little every now angle again between writing, continuing her novel. Her long red locks spilled over the front of the uniform she was still wearing, and over the back of the chair as she sat with her feet on the chair and knees up, writing against her thigh.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:16 pm

Post Re: Branching Out (open!)
((OOC: Hey. You wouldn't mind if Nagisa joined, would you? ^_^ ))

New school, new life. This was exciting, yet nerve wrecking at the same time. Entering the student common room for second time was interesting. Her brain tingled as she looked around the new place that she would call home. The common room, she supposed would be like a living room. She had a week to get use to it before actual classes started. It was nice having a week all to herself to spend sometime getting to know the place. It seemed a nice place anyways, as she already found her classes and now all she has to do is relax and get her books ready. Today, she felt just to relax, in her nice denim jeans, and a white blouse with a small pattern on the back as well as a pair of black military combat boots she bought from an Army surplus store. For once... with no worries for a job, and no need to worry about her father back at home, as she was certainly sure that he would be fine where he was at, in the center. Sighing softly at the thought, she walked over towards one of the sofas. Lay-Z-Boy sofa, it seemed. Her boots thudding across the carpet floor, let out another sigh of comfort as she lazy dropped onto the sofa, laying across it, her eyes closed, enjoying the feel of the velvet that touched the skin of her forearms and hands. Though, it didn't last too long, as she shot back up to sit up straight, remembering that there'll be others that need to sit on it.

Looking over, she realized she wasn't alone, as there was a girl, red hair, thin and seemingly nice. She blushed slightly, feeling her face redden, as she was embarrassed to her lazy actions she demonstrated in front of the other girl. "Oh, uh, konnichi wa gozaima- stopping realizing just because the school has a Japanese name doesn't mean the people here actually speak Japanese. She quickly corrected her language and said, "Hello, sorry. I didn't see you there. My name is Nagisa... What's yours?" What?! She thought to herself. Why did she blurt that out? She just saw this girl and it felt as if she gave out her name to the world. Why did she do that? She blushed harder, as she was embarrassed now more by both her laziness and her sudden outbreak. She was nervous and shy. Typically shy around other people. Doesn't matter the gender even. Girls, or boys. She was nervous as hell in front of this girl.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:06 am

Maylie looked up at the sound of thudding boots, mind flooded with nervousness. Despite her reason for coming here, she still hoped that maybe the other girl wouldn't notice her, just sitting there with her nose in a notebook, wearing plain jeans and a pale blue shirt. And for awhile it seemed as if the other girl didn't even see her. Maylie watched the other girl flop down on a recliner over her book. She seemed alright. However to Maylie's surprise, the girl then sat up and looked at her, speaking in a strange language. Furrowing her eyebrows and trying to comprehend her words, probably Japanese, Maylie was relieved when she repeated herself in English.

Maylie didn't respond right away, blushing out of nervousness and fear of embarrasing herself. Fortunately, the other girl, who called herself Nagisa, was blushing to; telling Maylie that, while more open and less shy then she was, Nagisa was at least just as nervous as her.

"N-no need to apologize. I-I'm Maylie. It's nice to meet you" she responded in a soft voice, blushing furiously for a reason she still was unsure of, stuttering her words somewhat. Setting down her book gently, she brushed a long lock of red hair from her face to behind her ear with her hand.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:08 am

She sighed, as if to say, 'why not give it a shot,' as she thought just the same. Why not try to make friends here. From the looks of things, you'll be here for quite a while, no? Oh well. She looked at the girl, named Maylie. She smiled, slightly, saying, "Anata ni aete ureshi yo," She figured from the stutter, it'd be hard for both of them to essentially for a conversation on their own. Her own mind grew pale on what to say as she wasn't any good at saying anything. Even though she knew English since she came to America, she felt myself more comfortable speaking in Japanese. "Ogenki desu ka...?" She said, in a soft voice. Only to realize again she's speaking in Japanese. Wah! Get it out of your head, girl! It's English! Not Nihongo!! She was quick to beat herself with her outbursts of the Japanese. "Nani ga saiko...?" Again! Her Japanese sounding like it came out of an anime cartoon. Shut up, Nagisa! Or speak English! Only to realize herself, she speaks Japanese when she's nervous.

She quickly translated her last three phrases, "Pleased to meet you... How are you.... and what you up to...?" She said in a low voice, soft voice. She tried avoiding eye contact with Maylie, despite this being very rude of her. She couldn't help herself if she didn't look. She was indeed slightly depressed and it slightly showed in her attitude towards the new girl, as it came with.... fear. She sighed as her gaze met the redhead's. Intriguing color... She was American or European, maybe? To have such redness in her hair? Maybe. She glanced down at a hair strand, dark brown from her Caucasian side. She sighed and looked up at Maylie again, and said, once again in Japanese, "Watashi-" stopping herself. "I mean... Since you're the first person I actually got a chance to talk to... want to.... be friends, May-Chan?" She asked, instantly giving Maylie the nickname of "May-Chan". Mentally she abused herself again. Beating herself up at how she missed her home in Japan despite her not actually remembering anything about it.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 am

Maylie, being the kind of person that she is, had that nervous feeling in her gut at meeting this new person that a small child has when about to be confront by her parents after she had done something particularly uncomely. She felt as if she was going to mortally embarrass herself at any moment, even though she probably wasn't. Although, she couldn't help but giggle a little at the Japanese, which, while sounding like jiberish to her, was still endearing. She wasn't the only one that was nervous, which at least made her feel a little better. Then, she realized that she was going to need to make conversation like Nagisa was, something that May was incredibly bad at.

Once translated, Maylie responded to Nagisa in a soft voice, blushing slightly at her own shyness, "P-pleased to meet you too. I-I'm okay, just sitting and thinking, w-working on the novel I have started. Well, not really, mostly still planning it out, I haven't actually started... And sure. Having a new f-friend seems like a great idea to me. I really don't have any except for this nice girl named Anne I met the other day." As her she continued speaking, her stutter gradually began fading away. Giggling and blushing at the instant nickname, Maylie actually felt flattered.

Noticing that Nagisa seemed a little sad, and wouldn't look her in the eyes (not that she didn't do the same thing from time to time, being quite shy herself), she continued with a touch of concern, "Are you okay? You seem a little sad..."

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:00 am

She smiled slightly at the question, noting that she probably did seem a little sad or something like that. She stared out the window, the calm blue skies, with almost no clouds. The weather was hot though. The sound of the random cicada buzzing through the air, made it perfectly clear that today was going to be a boil over. It was starting to show as well, as sweat slowly dripped down from her forehead and across her cheek. She looked back at the girl, May-Chan and said, "Oh, it's just I'm tired. Yet, I'm trying to get myself use to this place before classes start for me. Plus I hope my Father's alright."

"Well, I must be off, so..." She stood up and began to walk towards the staircase. She stopped abruptly and turned to the girl, "Hey, May-Chan? Can I ask you a favour? Would you do me the honour of helping me unpack? I'm afraid I haven't got around to unpacking all my things, and I kind of need to find my books before I can do anything else," She smiled slightly, hoping her smile with comfort May-Chan as much as she wishes she was.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:54 pm

Maylie jotted some notes down on her notebook, an idea having popped into her head. Looking up from her task as Nagisa talked, Maylie accepted her answer, even though it seemed as if she was still hiding something under the surface. Leaning back in her chair and smiling Maylie looked out the window from her spot as well, seeing the heat begin to rise up the air in waves. She folded her hand behind her head and closed her eyes for a moment, attempting to appear relaxed as to not show her lingering shyness and nervousness to her company.

A touch of sadness entered Maylie's eyes when Nagisa began to leave, as she treasures the small amount of company she gets, despite the fact that her shy and reserved personality was uncondusive for social contact. However, when Nagisa asked her to help her unpack, Maylie smiled and responded, "S-sure! I'd be happy to help. I'm not really busy at the moment so it shouldn't be a problem at all."

Maylie arose from her chair and began to follow Nagisa to her dormroom, along the way, she asked with concern, "So is their something wrong with your father? You mentioned being worried about him earlier..."

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:43 am

OOC: Is it too late to join? [-o<
IC: A blonde girl with green eyes almost ran into Maylie and Nagisa as she walked in with a stack of books. "Sorry!" she yelped as she almost hit Maylie with her stack. "Oh, hey! Weren't you guys in one of my classes?" she asked. "My name is Thalia."

Profile: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7970

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:02 am

Please read the dates of the last posts before posting. Its been two months since a post was made on this thread.

Also, its more polite to ask about joining by way of PM rather than posting directly into a rp thread. ^.^

Locking. If the original members of this thread wish to continue, let a mod know to unlock it.

My Monster: Vespira
My ADD: Alexandra

Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:18 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]