View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 After a nap (Maylie) 

Post After a nap (Maylie)
I don't know if it was a dream or not but, Here it goes. I heard something faint... like a couple of voices after I got on the plane, from beside me. It was late and I had been tired for once the night it left for the school. After the voice I felt something, like a small needle poke me in the base of my skull and I actually had the most relaxing sleep of my life as far back as I could remember. I don't even know how long I'd been asleep because I woke up in the infirmary.
I was hooked up to a few machines and an IV drip; they said I'd fallen unconscious in the plane and had been sleeping for two days (not to say I cared, I hadn't slept for more than two hours at a time in a few years). the usual common were asked about my hair and skin and odd blood test results (apparently my files weren't going to be completely accessible until Monday as I'd arrived on a Friday morning[which happened to be a holiday] morning and today was Sunday morning) I gave my usual answers.
It was early still though so when they'd finished taking out the IV and let me get dressed I headed out with nothing, but a vague direction to go in and that would only lead me to the dorms. I was dressed pretty simply, a white three-quarter sleeve top, three-quarter length jeans, black sneakers. My clothes weren't interesting but, what I was carrying was. I was walking on a bright sunny day with an open black umbrella with fluer de lis on each panel and small gold coins hung from the edges. I'd altered the umbrella myself, I'd been using it since I was a little girl so I was understandably attached to it, even if the sun didn't bother me too much anymore.
What should I do first? I could've looked around and get my barrings, found my room and organized my stuff, lounged around the school and maybe talked to some of the other girls... maybe I could've gone to see why I was having a stabbing pain in my neck. All good options given I'd wasted two days and two nights in bed sleeping (which again, I did not mind at all) It was then I realized I was starving... I hadn't eaten in TWO DAYS! I asked a passing professor where the cafeteria was and he pointed me in the right direction. I was off like lightning; I wouldn't be issued a uniform until the next business day so I was pretty sure I wouldn't get in trouble for it since I did after all have a note from the infirmary about where I was and how I was dressed. Then I realized I didn't know if I had my wallet or not... did I even need my wallet? It wasn't like there was a place to get a job here so I assumed we got a stipend or something like that.
“Hope the food isn't going to be that bad or I might have to learn how to cook.”
Of course as usual my step had hints of me having a lot of energy; the gentle hop to it which made the coins softly clatter against one another... didn't know if people were staring at the unnaturally pale girl with unnatural purple-tinted-white hair, who was abnormally short and carrying the artsy black umbrella but, I didn't care either at that point, I enjoyed my walk, spinning the umbrella as I went taking a few moments to let my eyes wander the scenery and the uniforms (which looked a bit small on most of the students...). When I finally reached the cafeterua I pushed open the doors with an elbow. It was pretty quiet considering the day and the time, but then again; from what I remember about the brochure for this school, there are a million places to be other than here if you wanted to hang out or relax. A quiet place to sit still and eat... that sounded great.

Ryder
Xui Ta
Karayah
Feel free to PM for whatever! PM box is always open

Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Post Re: After a nap (Maylie)
A slight rumble went through Maylie's stomach as she walked, enjoying the views of the campus like she was known to do. Looking up at the sky, she realized just how late in the day it was. so that's why I'm so hungry... she thought. Luckily for her, she was nearby the cafeteria, and despite the time of day, it was a place that was almost always nearly empty. She smiled as she remembered the last time she had been in there, having a meal with her first friend here on the campus she had met that day, who had literally fallen out of a tree when they first met! Walking into the cafeteria, it was even more deserted then usual, only one table had a pair of students sitting and eating, talking quietly amongst themselves. Having a penchant for some pasta at the moment, she walked up to the ordering area and ordered some spaghetti. Once her food was finished she took it and sat down at a table by herself and began to eat, chewing slowly and savoring the surprisingly tasty pasta.

As she ate, she noticed a small, very pale girl walk in, holding an umbrella of all things. Even though the sight was grange Maylie spared no more then a second glance, figuring that the umbrella was there for looks, as she admitted to herself it was rather cute. Going back to eating, Maylie swept a lock of long read hair behind her ear with her hand. From the door, one looking inside would see Maylie sitting there all alone, eating quietly in a corner of the cafeteria, not paying very much attention to her surroundings.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:47 am

I took a step inside letting the doors close behind me before I closed the umbrella. The coins struck together and the ringing echoed in the nearly empty cafeteria. Pushed my hair behind my ears and went to order something to eat; I didn't eat like most people; I didn't need to worry about calories or that sort of thing; my weight was pretty constant and so was my health more or less. It was a benefit of being a freak of nature. My order reflected this pretty well, it was a sampling of unhealthy food: a rare bacon burger, a milkshake, a red velvet cupcake, and some greasy fries with cheese and gravy. I probably wasn't going to eat it all, and I did have to pay a bit for it but, it wasn't like I'd been sent here broke. I had a few benji's in my bags up stairs, going away gifts from my parents.

I turned with my tray only to notice I wasn't alone now or maybe I hadn't been alone to begin with and just hadn't been paying any attention. Ah well, these things happened from time to time with me. I walked to the corner with my tray in balanced on one hand with my umbrella in the other (I'd been a waitress part time in high school, carrying like this was natural for me now). I placed my tray down and slipped into the seat directly across from the girl with long red hair. Up close it was easier for this girl to see the faint purple tint to my hair like it always was for people or so they tell me even now.

”Hey there! Havin' a good one?”
I smiled to the girl I'd never seen before like most would to a good friend. My voice wasn't as cheerful; I was trying to keep it friendly though soft, I didn't want to scare away the only person here right now; course it had to be a Sunday and it had to be beautiful out and it had to be passed lunch. I got lucky to find one person here.
”Weird question before I even ask you a name but, have you been a student here long?”

Ryder
Xui Ta
Karayah

Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:47 am

Maylie, out of boredom, tried to determine what ingredients were used in the sauce of her spaghetti. Using her vast food detective skills she determined that it, and the very least, contained tomato and ground beef. Obviously not good at this, she quickly gave up as her bored mind flitted to another random thing to think about, like the two friends she had made surprisingly quickly over her short stay so far, bringing a smile to her face.

However, as she ate and thought, she turned in surprise atheist sound of a tray clattering on the table. And not just any table, the same table that she herself was sitting in. Her surprise evident, she quickly tried to change her face to a smile, but it came out as a small nervous one.

The girl that had sat down was the same one that had walked in with the umbrella. Under closer examination Maylie noticed her light purple hair, and just really how pale her skin was; almost like she had albinism but not quite. The next thing she noticed was the girl's food, as it was of a rather unhealthy variety. However, assuming that the girl had a strong metabolism (as she was fairly thin) Maylie paid it little mind. No, what Maylie really couldn't fathom was why this girl had randomly chosen her to come sit by. Most people took their food and went outside. While she didn't mind company, Maylie was all to aware of her shy ess and really helpless to change that basic part of her personality.

During this train of thought, Maylie realized that she had been talked to. Blinking herself out of her stupor, she spoke in a soft voice, "Oh... Um... H-hello... I suppose t-today's been alright. And n-no, I-I haven't been here longer then t-two months..." her voice stuttering in nervousness.

Feel free to PM me any time if you want to start an RP. I'm always looking for RP's to do now or in the future!

This is Commander Maylie (Shepard?), and this is my favorite forum on the internet (Citadel?).

Always take the road less traveled. More fun that way. And apparently, it makes all the difference too.

Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:02 am

The stuttering from the red-head was kinda surprising I mean, she looked like she should be the living embodiment of confidence. She had long hair, a good build... height. I guess maybe something about her past was the source; it had to be, there really was no other explanation for how she was acting. I kept the friendly smile as I took a strip of the bacon from my burger to eat. I kept my manners finishing my food before speaking of course.
”Two months isn't that short a time, should be good enough to tell a girl that just got here some thing about the school right? I'm Allison, Allison V. Ryder. But, people tend to just call me Ryder.”

I thought I was being friendly enough with the introduction as I took a sip from my drink.
”You don't have to be so nervous you know, I'm not going to bite or anythin' like that. I mean just look at me, I'm paper white girl that has to walk around in the sun with an umbrella most of the time unless I wanna spend a ton on sunblock every week! what's there to be afraid of of a girl like me? So anyway, do you always sit around alone this late on a beautiful sunday eating in here?”
I giggled a bit my words were quick, but they were understandable at least. I continued to eat from there, I was well mannered at least as I ate tapping the umbrella at my side a bit with my one free hand, it was a habit, I liked the faint jingling of the coins in the quiet of an empty room.

Ryder
Xui Ta
Karayah

Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 am

Food having been forgotten at the Sudden arrival of the other girl. Maylie felt heat rising to her cheeks as she shifted her feet awkwardly. The other girl seemed much bolder in comparison to May, who would be to shy to due anything like walk up to a random stranger and sit down at their table. It was just part of her disposition. Some research could even blame behavioral traits like this on DNA, but she was only a partial believer in such.

Maylie gave a soft smile, still attempting to get over her shyness, "I-it's a pleasure to m-meet you... I-I'm Maylie, but you can call me May i-if you like. The school has been okay to me so far... Just make sure you follow all the rules, especially the uniform ones... The teachers are very strict. And I've heard from many to especially not go out at night..." her stutter died away gradually as she spoke, but she still spoke in a quiet, soft voice and very much appeared outwardly as shy and nervous she felt inwardly.

After a short pause, Maylie spoke again in the same type of voice, "S-sorry... I'm not scared of you at all really, I'm just... Not good at this. I've always been really shy... And in a way, I do spend my Sundays sitting alone, just typically out by my favorite tree, or a spot along the beach..." She couldn't help but feel strange sharing her life with a stranger, something Maylie was definitely not used to doing.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:29 am

That was a little bit better at least with less stuttering.
”Good to meet you too May... hmmm May... That's a cute name, better than Alli or alice, kinda why I go by Ryder; least Ryder sounds cool.”
I couldn't help but be a bit jealous of her name, it was really sweet and fit the cute redhead really well. I shifted a bit in my seat as I finished my burger.
”so the teachers are strict huh? Following the rules shouldn't be too hard as soon as I figure out what those are, and the uniform rules, that's pretty easy, the uniforms are kinda cute, plus they assured me I'd get to wear stockings so all the better there, but not to go out at night? Really? That'll be hard... is there a rule against it or is it dangerous or something?”
Not going out at night? for an extreme insomniac?! That was a nightmare beyond anything I could think of ever! I needed to do things at night or I'd go mad just sitting around til I finished my post-grad work! At the minimum I had four years here for just undergrad!

When she said she usually did spend Sunday sitting alone, I felt a bit bad, she seemed like such a nice girl.
”Really? You spend it alone? That's too bad, everyone should have someone to spend weekends with. Even if it's just to talk. Don't you have friends to spend time with?”
after two months even a shy girl had to have been approached by at least ONE other person especially when the shy girl looked so friendly from a distance.

Ryder
Xui Ta
Karayah

Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Maylie blushed at the compliment, responding in the same quiet voice, "Thanks... Ryder is a pretty cool name..." Realizing that she still had food, she began eating once more, making sure to not talk while chewing or anything of that sort.

In response to Ryder, Maylie elaborated, "W-well... you see... if you break the rules here at Shokushu... they send you to the basement for "detention." I-I've never gone myself, but I've heard it's not pleasant... Also, I'm not sure about the night, I've just overheard many a student telling others not to... I'd rather be safe then sorry, y'know?" taking another bite of her food.

After Ryder's third comment, Maylie quickly restated what she had said, "Well, actually a couple weeks ago I met this nice girl named Anne, and I've spent some days with her, but other then her and another girl I met one day named Nagisa, I pretty much go it alone... I'm too shy to approach anybody, and people generally let me alone. I-I don't really mind though."

Continuing to eat her food, her face still a light pink, Maylie just couldn't fathom her this girl had the courage to just walk up to other people like this, wishing she had the same confidence.

Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:26 am

I kept the smile though I was certain it had faded just slightly when she mentioned detention in the basement and the rumors about it being unpleasant. I'd had detention a few times in high school and really it was just a quiet study hall after school, I'd never have called it unpleasant; then the subject of not going out at night was – again – something that she'd heard being talked about by other students. Something just didn't make sense, rumors and gossip were normal but, why something like this? These weren't things said to her or it might have been hazing of the shy new girl, I'd have to figure that out later.

She said she'd met a few girls which was good and brought back some of the smile that had faded; I hated the idea she'd been all alone for two months straight.
”Too shy and people leave you alone... I guess sometimes that can be a good thing but, still... anyway, now you know me too May. Can't do too much better than that if I do say so myself.”
I'm not the most humble of people and I know it. But anyway, I finished my food and cracked my knuckles as I thought of something I could take this girl to do.
”Well, I ate so that's taken care of... You know what, how about you and me go do something? I've wasted two days in the infirmary asleep so I need to play catch up before my muscles start to atrophy and you're the only girl I know right now and it's a lil late to make a bunch of friends since they're all probably busy so, how about it? We go play a game or hang out or something!”

Ryder
Xui Ta
Karayah

Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:30 am

Maylie let out a small chuckle at Ryder's comment, smiling softly. Maylie just couldn't comprehend the other girl. She appeared weak and somewhat frail, but her actions and mannerisms shone with confidence and self assuredness. May had to admit she was somewhat jealous.

Maylie's eyes widened a little and her mind scrambled to think of something to do, not really used to participating in activities that required more then one person. Knowing she had to respond, she said, "O-oh... Um... S-sure, I don't see why not... Is there anything you had in mind in particular? I really don't know exactly what there is to do around here..." Her mind continued to whirl, struggling to think of something almost like a CD player trying to play a DVD. That is, struggling and mostly failing. Luckily, she had at least finished her food.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 am

I Kept a smile clear as day on my face as I lifted my umbrella up over my shoulder. For a few quiet moments I tapped the umbrella on my shoulder to let the coins rattle almost musically against one another.

I didn't have a clue, the smile changed to a bit of an impish smirk.
“Not a clue! So how about since neither of us know what there is to do, we just go wandering campus a bit! Check out the facilities a bit and find something to do, that's usually a great way to spend an afternoon with a new bud.”
I wasn't superstitious either so I popped open the umbrella before turning on my heels towards the exit.

Ryder
Xui Ta
Karayah

Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]