View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Noble Art of Fisticuffs (for Camryn Portman) 

Post The Noble Art of Fisticuffs (for Camryn Portman)
Before her 'graduation,' the gym was one of the last places Kite was prone to being found. In large part because of all the glass doors, but also because if she was going to work out, itself an if, it would have been in the pool, swimming offshore, or heading off into the forest to practice. That, and she'd previously been (briefly) supremely confident in her capacities for violence, both to inflict and absorb.

Both were shattered. The old hangouts, the old methods too stained with memories, there could be no focus there. Only grief at what was lost. She wasn't returning to her dorm room very often, the grief driving her to flee it as soon as possible, but she could see signs that someone else had been there. She needed to recentre herself. Face the grief enough to stay in the dorm room full of infinite memory long enough to find out who else was there. Which was why she was savagely attacking a punching bag while dressed in a blue rubber unitard, with perhaps somewhat excessive weights strapped to her wrists and ankles. She kept at it for quite some time, eventually sweaty feet slipping on the mat and spilling her onto her keister with a groan. She stood once more, mumbling to herself in barely a whisper, "The first rule is strength. The second rule is strength. There is no third or fourth rule, but the fifth rule is strength," Before resuming her frenzied assault.

Special Agent Delivery - An intensely customizible package

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: The Noble Art of Fisticuffs (for Camryn Portman)
While on this campus, training had never been an issue. Quite simple in fact because my style has never been about brute strength, it was fluid and soft, something elegant to watch but deadly to face. Pi Qua Quan has always been known for this and me being one of the youngest masters out there is proof. But sadly being on this campus severely stretches your abilities. While I have been able to defend myself quite regularly, it was near impossible to do it all the time. My sister, Dawn, is an advocate for none violence majority of the time, if she can really avoid it. Me? Not so much. I want a security blanket to fall back on, it is soothing to know you can always rely on something to help you know? Everyone has their own way to deal with something though, and this was mine.

Ever since it has been Dawn and I, she has been the emotional support, loving and caring sister. I became more or less her protection when I delve into the martial arts. She was the shield, me? The sword. I was also the one that pushed her to practice enough of Pi Qua Quan to protect herself to some degree. But I had hoped that she wouldn’t have to use it like I would have. Sadly, with her being here on campus before me, and with my knowledge of the truth now, Dawn probably would have been forced to protect herself. Our level and knowledge of fighting are different, because her attitude didn’t suit this stuff, I was. Maybe that is why I have been pretty successful in defending myself, more or less.

I have been visiting the gym more and more on my time off. Still see Kanoe very often to chat and what not, but the gym was where I spent time alone. With people whom personally been taught to protect themselves. Not by fighting, but by grouping up together, as I found out. Both the Cheerleaders and Swim Team were taught this, both formerly lead by my sister Dawn. But as I entered the place I usually practice in peace and quiet, the sound of heavy punching and breathing filled the air. Cheerleaders were off for the day, so is the Swim Team, so who exactly is this? People rarely came to the gym unless you needed to, or to those of us whom need to be here to relax, unlike the majority of the other students on campus.

I entered with a bit of curiosity, towards the room where I usually spend my time. Only to notice someone new, someone I have never seen before, a purpled haired woman, with a whole lot of weights on her arms, while she worked a punching bag. I can tell she was extremely stressed, it was obvious to me. Her style is also a bit familiar to me, straight up, no joke. Wondering on what to do, I quietly closed the door to the room and called out. “Uhm. Excuse me, what are you doing here?” I put my bag down, idling tying my long red hair into a very low ponytail while waiting for a response. Since I wasn’t expecting to see anyone here, I really wasn’t wearing much, only a black sports bra with matching panties, probably a habit Dawn passed on to me. She always did say that she believed I am prettier than she is. I replied with she is insecure, which might be true but for the love of god she is now a Victoria’s Secret model, soon to be angel. I am just her sister, more athletic, slimmer then she is, that was it. Good genes perhaps? I personally don’t believe so, but some people whom attend to my sister say the same, the very same who work with Victoria’s Secret. So who knows? I do look like her.

Camryn Portman, Dawn's younger sister.
Camryn's Bio: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6262

Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:04 am

Kite doesn't turn, even though she hears the door, hears the footsteps, the steps sound human, so it probably isn't a threat. She's heard other students whispering about some sort of 'head girls' but strapping on 'training weights' doesn't violate any rules until they become 'punching weights' when her fists hit flesh. If it's one of Them in disguise, well, that usually means they're one of the ones who like mind games. She didn't fear that, either. The damage to her psyche left her consciousness more cluttered, more fractured, but substantially more clear. And with that clarity comes savagery.

They have stolen everyone for whom she was a protector. They finally found a way to seal off her sword completely. They even found a way to strip the violence from her mind. To at the push of a button render her a vacant mewling shell that would ecstatically obey the merest wisp of an instruction, no matter its source. And yet, this last they did not do. Having stripped her of purpose as a shield, and broken her blade, they left her knowledge of what had been done to her, and after what felt like an eternity, returned her to the island.

They want her to fight. At long last, she and they have a desire in common. And with each savage punch or vicious kick, the raw, feral bloodlust that filled her was more than plain.

Then a voice. An almost familiar voice. The aura of destructiveness leaves her eyes as Kite takes a deep breath, honestly she'd expected whoever it was who'd come in to either keep their distance from her or go directly to an attack and reveal themselves a monster, the concept of simply being greeted one that never occurred to her. "Oh, just trying to keep in shape-" she began to offer as an excuse as she turned to face whoever this was.

Someone whose workout prep has to involve tying their glasses securely to their face to keep them from falling off does not see very well through the fogged lenses of a lengthy period of excessive sweating. "Dawn?!" Kite stumbles backward a couple of steps in surprise, "Dawn Portman? i thought i saw... while they had me... They've kept you this long, too?"

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:36 am
Profile YIM WWW

Just by this girl’s reaction to the punching bag, I realize that she must have been around this campus for a very long time. Always been good at reading people’s intentions and this purpled haired woman had a lot of pent up anger inside of her. I can honestly feel for that simply because of what this campus actually represents. By my personal judgment, which could be wrong, this campus must have taken something very important away from her, and basically beat her down to a point where she felt everything she had done was pointless. And honestly? My 2nd week on campus, this place injected me with something close to what they had done with my sister. I still have nightmares about the event and that rarely even happens to me. Put me on guard I tell you.

Something she said really took my attention though, she called me Dawn. Granted I did look like my older sister, again I’m slimmer in most every way, but I didn’t have her hair color. The other thing is that, “kept you this long too?” What did she mean by that exactly? Did she know my sister so well that they were both kept on campus for this long? But I had to say that I wasn’t Dawn first before clearing up some other stuff. “I… uh sorry I’m not my sister. She is safely back at home, modeling for Victoria’s Secret. But… how did you know Dawn? I thought all of her classmates are all gone from here.” I honestly believed that, Dawn mentioned it in her diary that is now in my possession. She firmly believed none of her classmates were left, hence her reason for leaving if possible. I am glad she is back home and when I return I will protect her. Maybe this person had been one of her closer friends, someone that kept her safe when I was unable to.

Might as well introduce myself right? “My name is Camryn, Cammie for short. I’m Dawn’s younger sister. Mind if I know your name? And what do you mean by kept you this long?” I had to know. If she had any information on the campus, I had to know. No one, no one does this to my sister and gets away with it. I always found it odd Dawn was unable to tell me anything about the campus. Her face was in pain when she attempted to do so and she so rarely hid things from me. Thankfully she just told me to look for her diary and with some luck, I found it. All of it made sense, but I also believe my decision to come here was a bit rash and now, here I am… stuck. Can totally make some more friends, and that is always a good thing. What interest me more is that she is a fighter as well, that is even more of a plus.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:02 am

Kite flinches back in shock, reaching up to flick the worst of the sweat from her glasses, looking again. Now she can actually see, and see the differences that her mind had filled in with familiarities before. "Sister...? Two, from the same family? That's horrible..."

Kite turns away, uncomfortable making eye contact as she does a few stretches to keep her body from cooling down too much in the respite of conversation, the rubber unitard creaking as she twists. "i'm Kite, and yes, Dawn and i were classmates... if what i'm told is correct, about seven or eight years ago. From what little i understand, when we victims here reach a certain level of saturation... we break. And are disposed of. i know a little about a few of these metho-" Kite breaks off abruptly, both in voice and movement, shuddering and grinding the heel of her left palm against her eye, and when she speaks again, her tone is clipped, almost mechanical. "You do not want to know what i know of that."

After a few deep breaths, Kite turns back to face Cemryn again, her voice back to normal, "i have been at this school... and associated facilities... for roughly ten years. For some reason, rather than dispose of me, they chose to alter me and put me back. And i do not know what lies beyond, if it is better to remain here, where i can fight in endless futility, or to go wherever they ha-" another break, but this time because a piece of information has taken its own sweet time filtering through, and Kite suddenly reaches out to grab Camryn by both shoulders, her eyes wild in sudden exultation and fear.

"Victoria's Secret?! Dawn is... They let her GO?! With everything she knew?!"

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:47 am
Profile YIM WWW

Apparently Kite has known my sister pretty well. I shouldn’t be surprised but I am simply because I didn’t expect anyone of my sister’s classmates to be left. Her diary was very clear that she believed she had been the last of her class. Maybe that some of her classmates were taken away or changed but they were no longer around. I still remember her last entry, it was very scary that Dawn thought she wasn’t going to make it and basically gave up. Thankfully she was alive to make it back home but I knew the campus had done something to my sister to prevent her from spilling the secrets. Or maybe they threatened her as well, or probably both. Probably both.

The time Kite has mentioned to me is very surprising. It did explain a lot about things that had been bothering me the time she came back home. For one, she was taller. Dawn and I had always been the same height, 5’8” or so but when she came back, she was at 5’9” and that was something I didn’t expect. 8 years? Time must go by faster here because at home it was 4 years, just like it said when Dawn left. So the time does go back I’m a bit scared of how long I might be kept here and I hope Dawn realize I would do anything to get back to her. However I guess Kite was just massively surprised and shocked when I mentioned that Dawn is back home and safe. Yes she was which the only reason why I am here is. Something about this campus gave me bad vibes when Dawn was unable to tell me a thing about the time she was gone. She had always told me everything and this bothered me so much that I came here to check for myself. God was that a huge mistake.

So while looking into Kite’s eyes while she shook me about. “Yes, my sister is back home and safe. She didn’t tell me a thing about the campus, which is the only reason why I came here, or transferred to be exact.” Giving Kite a soft smile, I nodded my head, “Dawn and I are extremely close. We are all we have, she tells me everything. When she was unable to say a word about the campus, struggling to, holding her head, I knew something was wrong. Dawn simply told me when I decided, to find her diary and that would explain everything. After spending a lot of time trying to find it, I finally did and now I know why she was unable to. This campus keeps tampering with her mind. It, sort of explained why she knew what I was thinking so often. Because she knew, she read my mind.” Now that I’m thinking about it, how can I do anything to help Dawn? This campus is still keeping tabs on her, I know that for sure.

I can tell that Kite was a strong fighter, I wondered if she knew that I was just as strong. Although, my skills hasn’t been tested in quite a while, especially against styles that is basically brawling. Not to mention Kite seems to be on edge, dueling someone on edge is never a good idea, because they tend to do stuff you don’t expect. To be honest I don’t even know why I’m thinking of it. She does remind me of myself though, her personality and everything is rather close to how I have always been. Dawn is outgoing and cheerful. I’m quiet, very quiet and preferred to be alone, something Dawn had always tried to change to no avail I might add but again, I care and protect her because I am able to. Being a young master in Pi Qua Quan has it’s perks. “They are keeping tabs on Dawn, I know so. The campus probably has some way to ensure she doesn’t say anything, or completely prevent her from doing so. You been here for just as long as Dawn, would you be surprised if they have found a way to keep Dawn tethered to the campus to be positive that she doesn’t spill the beans? They probably allow her to get on with her life, but keeps tabs to be sure she doesn’t do anything crazy. I remember when she became a Victoria’s Secret model, and Angel in training, she started a modeling school. That might have something to do with this place too…” I shook my head, not too sure.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:14 am

Kite lets go of Camryn and steps back as she listens. She didn't expect to meet someone who had connections to her past. In truth, she didn't expect to meet anyone at all. She expected to study until she found a way to undo some of the blockages they'd put in her mind or soul, or until they noticed her getting close enough to her goal that they took her off for more 'alterations' and then the process would go again. Or maybe until she worked out the numbers on building an EMI broadcaster and then had a 'visit' from security while trying to build it and head off to the labs. Any number of such schemes could rise in her mind in instants, but all ended with the inevitability of being dragged off as soon as they became recognizible, let alone reached completion. Kite didn't know if that was related to simply having seen how efficient security had been before and assuming it to have only gotten moreso, if it was related to what they'd done to her mind, or something else entirely.

But all she could potentially accomplish with her fists would be to enjoy inflicting some pain. Maybe someday again to throw herself in a monster's path to let others temporarily escape. She could put all the time in the world into that, and they wouldn't see anything to act on unless she snagged a Third Stripe. But instead of just letting the fury boil up from her guts and flow out her limbs like molten metal, Camryn had her thinking again. So she let the stretches start to slide into a proper cool-down from the workout... nothing all the way to flat, it'd be stupid to let oneself get all the way relaxed in this place, but letting her heart rate start to get back to something more sustainable.

"Easily." Kite wondered when it was she last had good news for someone. "It could be done just with drugs and post-hypnotic induction. 'We'll make it so you can go home' would be more than powerful enough a desire trigger for most here to let them in via traditional hypnosis. With what they have access to here? They could have sent her back with her memories completely reformatted, giddily bouncing with every step and eager to gush about how this is such a wonderful place full of wonderful people and an experience you'll just never forget." As she talks, Kite unstraps the weights from her wrists, shaking out her fingers before dropping the training weights into her bag, taking out and donning in their place a pair of quite ragged-looking leather gloves, scuffed and worn beyond belief, but each with a pair of long cuts down the back of the hand that were clearly deliberately put there. "They could have put something in her brain so thinking about her memories here blocks her from thinking about communicating. Given a working MMI, i could design that chip."

Kite pales suddenly, her eyes widening and one hand coming up to cover her mouth. "...By the Path... i think i -did-."

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:05 am
Profile YIM WWW

Kite must have some demons. But I start to realize as she talked that this campus must be extremely evil to do anything she is describing. I’m not surprised that this place is able to though. Not after hearing and finding out for myself just how evil this place was. Dawn was proof of it, Kite was proof of it, hell they injected something into me as well so I am sure as hell know of it now. Granted the side effects hasn’t taken place yet, or maybe they have I just don’t know yet. The problem is finding out and honestly, I don’t want to find out yet. This place has stretched my abilities to protect myself and that is quite scary to be honest. Maybe the chip she talked about could happen. I remember seeing TV shows with aliens supposed to have implanted some chip into people’s mind. No metal detector can find it, only x-rays. But I don’t think Dawn did, she never told me if it was true. Maybe whatever took Dawn, or Kite, did something else entirely that I’m not aware of.

When Kite said she might have had a hand in it, I tilted my head to the side wondering what she meant by it. “Made? I don’t believe so. Why would this place force you design something only to use against you? Think about it… if you protect your classmates, what could the campus force on to you? And besides, I know my sister. She would never involuntarily do something against her friends, people she knew. There is no amount of threats that would make her do such a thing.” That was the honest truth. Even though my sister isn’t a pacifist more or less, she wouldn’t turn against her friends. Her morals are way too high for such a thing. No sort of mind control would erase your personality, at least I don’t believe so. I have full faith in Dawn, she has been like her normal self, aside from when she gets reminded of the campus. “Dawn has been herself the year or two she came back home. I would have noticed any little thing in her personality and she was fine. Well aside from any news related to this forsaken place, she gets super quiet and I know something is bothering her. Aside from that, she is normal, just like before she came here.”

I thought for a while, looking at Kite while she settled down after getting rid of her weights. “My personal opinion is, this campus didn’t change a thing about her. Like alter her brain or anything of that sort, but instead somehow blocked her ability to talk about and against this campus. That would make the most amount of sense. Any little change about my sister, I would have noticed, and the only thing that has really bothered me was her inability to talk about this place. She is still cheerful, happy, herself really. Just this campus… anything about it bothers her.” I have wanted to ask about her fighting style, think that is interesting too. “Mind if I ask Kite… have you and Dawn… been intimate? Have you protected her while she was here…? My sister can protect herself… I made sure of that personally but to be honest I don’t think she has the heart for it. You would have been a great sparring partner for her though.”

Talking about sparring, I haven’t done so in a while. Though practicing has been very regular and often, hasn’t had any opportunity to do so. It would be nice to let loose and not have to really just meditate and practice that way. Seeing Kite sit down and relax for the time being. I decided to take the time and go through my motions. Standing still, I closed my eyes before starting a windmill motion with my arms, before going into, what we call Bokuto stance. Side stepping a little, my arms came forward from the windmill motion and started going through my motions of my stances. I have been told, that this style of fighting is very graceful and beautiful to watch. I don’t know much about that, but I love the speed of my chosen style, it really did suit me quite well.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:19 am

"Why?" Kite laughs, a mirthless, hateful sound, "Any number of reasons. The simplest would be sadistic pleasure. If they decide that they want badly enough for you to do something, you will be deprived of any capacity to resist them. Usually not. They usually want resistance, so they can enjoy crushing it out of you, as well as enjoy what they make you do. Do not underestimate them. In what they are capable of, or how far they will go. Do not re-make my mistakes. Do not become like me."

Camryn's question makes Kite stop, and stare, "Did we...?" Kite is silent as Camryn starts her own practice routine, after her cooldown, Kite sits on the mat and watches Camryn start her own practice. "We never sparred. i've not truly sparred in years, not legitimately against a skilled opponent, just dragging someone who wants to pick a fight where i won't get in trouble for it. i don't think... i don't think Dawn and i ever had sex, either. If we'd ever gotten together privately we probably would, but your sister was very popular. Her being involved in a party ensured a lot of people would be there, so if i was involved at all it was wiring up the lights and speakers and then getting away before it got crowded enough for me to panic. Funnily enough, i'm in here to practice well past nightfall because i don't tend to like being around a lot of people." i can feel myself getting eager while watching Camryn practice, another side of me stirring, i hold it in. There is an Agreement, after all. "i wasn't able to do much to protect Dawn, while we were both here. There was always too much that needed doing. But... i did some." Kite's fingertips idly stroke the cuts in the back of her gloves, "A couple of things."

Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:16 am
Profile YIM WWW

I had to smile as Kite explained and talked about my sister. It did sound very much like her to be the center of attention majority of the time. Granted I personally believe at least with this campus, that wouldn’t be the best idea but that is alright. She had friends and that is what matters, to have people around you would probably make things a tad better than being alone, something I am used to doing. I would assume Kite is the same as me, only people like us would be close to here, unless you actually use the gym for other sporting purposes, which I doubt she would. Well at least Kite doesn’t look like the type, like Dawn. With people like my sis, you can always tell those types of people you know? With people like us, you can tell also.

“It does sound like Dawn, being her usual self. I don’t think it’s even that she does it on purpose really, I think people are just drawn to her you know? Personally if you ask me, I have believed that she took our parent’s outgoing side, and I have all rest. Not like I’m complaining mind you.” I really am not. I don’t mind being who I am, it’s good to not be the center of attention, it has its perks and I’m pretty sure Kite knows that as well as I do. And while I went through my motions, the more I did so, the more I realized Kite was staring. Not sure why exactly I just felt like she was looking so, after a little I stopped and smiled at Kite. “Something good to look at I assume Kite?” I noticed the cuts on her hands and that wasn’t something that bugged me too much. Cannot say anything because I went through the same phase myself and of course Dawn was scared to death when she found out. “You shouldn’t worry, you aren’t the only one I promise.” I turn both of my wrists over and showed several scars on both of my arms, “It’s a phase, and of course my dear sister was scared to death. Had this always needing to know what I was doing phase for a good 5 or so years. Also you shouldn’t worry about Dawn, she might not have the heart to fight, but she will not give up her friends, or anyone she taught in. She really is that sort of person. Rubs off on me too.”

Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:19 am

Something good to look at? "You could say that." Kite grins, her face looking different, her voice less forced as well, but almost hungry tones. "i've seen a few others come in to practise, and they usually don't manage more than 'punch the bag until i get tired.' Amd they tire too quickly. You've had real training, and in something i've never seen before..."

And suddenly Camryn was talking about phases and not being alone? What? Kite looks down, realizing what she was doing. "Oh, this? Not that kind of cuts. These are...trophies, of a sort. Battles won in a war that was always hopeless." Kite stops, shaking her head, "i should not say more." The edge has left her voice, back as it was before, though she seems to be unconsciously rocking her shoulders, clenching and unclenching her fists "Even if some you have already Seen, there are too many things it is safer not to know."

Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:17 am
Profile YIM WWW

So it wasn’t something I had done but that was ok. I don’t mind that I have showed Kite my scars. It really was a phase and honestly I have grown out of it, but now and forever, I have a reminder of what I have done when I was young. The sad part aside, being complimented is very nice. To be honest, I really don’t think much about my fighting skills. Yes being probably the only young master of the style is rather nice, but I don’t show it, tournaments don’t tend to recognize you unless it’s very outstanding. Maybe they are just used to seeing younger generations hit that master stage early now days. “Thank you, I can tell that you are very much the same are you not? At technique wise probably maybe, but you been through enough to know that defending yourself is very important.”

“Safer? I don’t think about this place often. Managed to, well find Dawn’s diary and it’s quite alarming to say the least. Though I have been through some stuff here as well that I know what she said is true, never doubted for a second but this place is evil to the core.” Just by watching what Kite is talking about, she probably had been through even more then what Dawn had. I cannot be sure that this is true but Dawn was never able to tell me about stuff like this, and hearing it from Kite, makes me feel like Dawn probably had roughly the same. “Can I ask you something? In my sister’s journal, she mentioned this place called the N.I.C.E. Labs quite a lot. She keeps saying about the place, how they keep taking her, what do they do there?”

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 am

Kite laughs, though it's a bitter sound rather than a mirthful one. "i have had no actual training. i have simply been forced to fight for a very long time."

The labs... she's asked about the labs. Kite actually lets herself fall back against the mats on the floor to break eye contact and stare at the ceiling, "They do everything there. The less you know of them... the less you will find yourself staring at the mirror, wondering what about you they have changed. What of you they have stolen, and what mockery or poison put in its place. But i will tell you this much. If you see a man in a labcoat with green-rimmed glasses looking at you? Run. Drop whatever you are doing. Ignore whoever you are with. If you're not too high up a building, go out the window, but RUN. He will chase you, and he will catch you, but if you are lucky, there will be no one close by enough that he can make you hurt besides yourself."

Kite is silent for several long moments after this before sighing in frustration, "i've... often been curious about learning an actual way of fighting other than infinite savagery. Can you show me?"

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 am
Profile YIM WWW

(Hey sorry -.- I had a lot of things happen this week. Family lost someone...)

That caught me by surprise, I never would have expected that Kite wasn’t trained, but was sure that she gained so much experience that she just fought her way to gain that much experience. “I’m rather surprised, to hear that, but when you get thrown in these kind of situations, I guess at the end of it, you just make the best out of the situation right?”

At the sound of what Kite told me about the Labs, my very first encounter on the campus suddenly speared in my mind. While I have found a way to sort of block the issue some what, it hasn’t completely gone away. The first several months after it, every time I thought of the very same encounter, I would pretty much be crippled and collapse. It wasn’t a good situation at all, but as the months has gone by, with my meditation, I was able to hold it off to some degree but it would still hurt and majority of the time I still have to fight the strong urge my body goes through, the orgasm part. Even talking and thinking of it now, the feeling is crawling into my mind but I am able to stave it off, thankfully I met Kite several months later and not when I first got here, that wouldn’t be good. But now that I’m thinking of it, the case at the end of the… encounter was empty, and what really got me were the name tags on it. Dawn’s syringe was empty, while the syringe with my name on it was lying on the side, empty as well. They put something into me, probably close to what they had injected my sister with. So deciding to ask another question, “Would it be bad… if I have already ran into them already? You told me the campus seems to know everything, so is it out of the question for them to know who I am before I even got here? Or even they knew of me through Dawn?”

Thinking a little about it, “I don’t mind teaching you, but this style is rather hard to pick up. I only got to master because I started very early, but I can give it a shot, though I honestly don’t know where to start. Or you would have to tell me what you want to know and start from there.” I got off slowly from the floor, but with me trying to suppress what was trying to take place, I was a tad wobbly, not to sure if I was blushing or not, but I do feel heat rushing through my body.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:00 am

(eek? my condolences, and no worries in the slightest, reality comes before play *hugs*)

Kite's face seems to change slightly, the slightly strained expression around her eyes suddenly replaced with a feral grin, and her voice has the hungry tones again, her words no longer clipped, "Nobody gets to choose how they get called, only how they answer. Under attack, there is only to fight or flee, and unless you flee to make the fight more in your favour, fleeing makes you prey. And so instead i answer force with force, and blood with blood. And so the edge is honed."

Kite rocks back just a little to unfold her legs, then forward with her feet under her to stand back up as if from a roll, "Not them, -him-. The Labs, they fuck with everybody. Whether they know it or not. Them that don't are happier. Leave them that way. If -he- had you, you'd know. He'd make sure you know, the kosmaro. That you remember who he made you hurt. Maybe he's gone? He used to go after everyone who fought well."

Kite waits as Camryn thinks, though as she dithers, Kite's grin grows only wider, "i don't wanna master your style. It's about mastering mine. Ciam kresko, eh, continuous growth, is always a goal. Should be for anybody. And Coqueteo por Jugxo needs plenty of work before i can really call it a style. You wanna do this formal like, you gonna have to throw me a bone how that works. i only know one way to learn fighting."

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next