View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Extra Practice (for Merideth) 

Post Re: Extra Practice (for Merideth)
"I... I'm okay." And indeed, Merideth seemed alright. No real bruising, though there was a bit of a red spot on her brow, just above the space between her eyes. She'd be fine.

She thought things through, lips thinning as she tried to decide whether it would be a good idea to continue. She felt as if she could actually improve (marginally) if she kept going for a while, but... "It... uh... might be best if I... quit while I'm ahead." A brief smile flickered across her expression.

"...Imean. If you're alright with that..."

Of course, in Merideth's head, she had this horrible, aching feeling that if she tried to serve a few more times, she would somehow find a way to duplicate this particular situation. It was just the kind of luck she had, really.

"This indicates that Merideth is speaking."
This indicates Merideth's thought patterns.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Post Re: Extra Practice (for Merideth)
Susan smiled reassuringly. "If I wasn't alright with it, I wouldn't have suggested it. Just got to put stuff away before we can head for the locker room." She picked up the ball they'd been using, then started off to pick up the others that had been used during class. "Could you wait a minute, then help me with the net? It's tricky for one person to manage alone, and impossible if the store-room door's acting up."

Without waiting for a reply, she opened the store-room door, kicked down the stopper to hold it open, and went inside. The door started sliding shut immediately, and close almost as soon as she was inside. After a minute or so, Susan opened the door again and, with a snarl, kicked the stopper into place again. As she went over to Merideth and the net, the door slid shut again. With a roll of her eyes, she said, "I think you see what I meant about the door acting up. Anyway, I'll just need you to carry the other end of the poles." She went over to one of the end poles and looked at it. That explains that bounce: the net was stretched too tight. She then tilted the pole, took hold of it near the top, and nodded for Merideth to take the other end. When she did, Susan would start towards the center pole to repeat the process, and then to the other end pole.

Send me a pm if you want to set up an rp.

Character listing

Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2