View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Roommates (for Nola) 

Post Roommates (for Nola)
Room 318 ...

She looks at the slip of paper then tucks it into the hidden pocket of her skirt getting out her new key card she doesn't know the protocol and for things and knocks before using her key card to let her in. She has only one duffel bag as she enters into the room and has a look around at her surroundings.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:58 pm

Post Re: Roommates (for Nola)
Nola was already in the room taking a short nap. She didn't hear the knock and was still asleep when Bria enters. Nola had left some of the tools and material of her Wicca practices out, not expecting her new roommate to show up this soon.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:54 pm

She enters and seeing the assortment of candles and books she is curious enough to draw to the table. She reads. Oh, wow, someone into the arts. She's written about spellcraft in her books but was never one to practice it.

Spying a deck of tarot cards she opens it and thumbs through the cards always interested in how one read the cards but it seemed rather complicated to her. One card could mean two different things whether it was dealt face up or down. So she did little more than sit her bag down and thumb through these cards.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:37 pm

As Bria thumbs through the cards, Nola finally starts to wake up. She sits up yawning and stretching a bit before her eyes focus enough to notice Bria. "Hm? Who are you? How did you...wait, are you my new roommate? I was told I would be getting one today."

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:51 pm

She jumps at the sound of the voice and fumbles with the cards placing them back into the pack. “Sorry, I just think the illustrations are neat.”

She moves away from the table. “Yeah, I'm your new roommate, they sort o shuffled me around, it's been rather hectic as of late. I'm Bria Giovanni, pleased to met you.” What was the proper greeting here, bow, curtsey, she extended a hand toward her.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Nola smiles taking Bria's hand in a small shake. "I'm Nola Erstad. Nice to meet you too." She then notices the stuff she left out. "Um, sorry about the mess. I didn't know you would be here already. This is actually the stuff I use for my Wicca practice." She says as she starts putting it away.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 pm

“It's alright, you should see how many books I have out for reference when working on a novel.” She explains as she watches Nola begin to clean up. “So you're really into this stuff. Can you actually do spells?”

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:44 pm

"Oh, this isn't like black magic witchcraft. Wicca is a pagan practice to commune with the spirits of nature. There are rituals to summon those spirits, but it's not like casting spells. Unfortunately, I haven't been having much luck with that here. It's as if the spirits can no longer hear me, or aren't even around on this island. I don't know what to make of it." Nola explained. "Maybe I do require more people to make it work. But it's hard to know who I can even talk to about this, let alone convince to join me."

Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:52 am

“Oh, I did not know that.” Bria says thoughtfully as she consided it. “I'll help, I mean …” she pauses, her eyes growing heavy then she shakes her head quiet suddenly nearly succumbing to an attack. “Woah, that was close ...”

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:49 am

"Well I appreciate the offer, but much like any religion, it's not something you do as a hobby. You do it because you believe in it, which I do. If you're really interested and can show me you're serious, I'll let you join in the ritual." Nola as she folds a chart and puts it away. "What was close? Were you about to pass out or something?"

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:02 am

“Could I sit in on a few rituals first? I've always[color=#BFBF00] been interested, not so much in the idea of casting spells and what not but the whole idea around the philosophy.” She nods. “Yeah, I have really, really bad narcolepsy so if I end up falling asleep on you it's not because I'm bored.[/color]

“What's worse is that I have sleep paralysis too and wake not being able to move and suffering from delusions. Sometimes while I'm paralyzed.”

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:20 am

"Well, I suppose so. Just don't expect anything big to happen. It's not like the pentagram will glow or anything like that." She answers. "Oh, that's terrible. That must be taking a toll on your classes and activities you enjoy."

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:21 pm

“Oh no worries about that happening. I'm use to just watching but I bet it will be fun!” She smiles then nods.

“Yeah, it's been big fun. It often means working my ass off to make up for all the attacks I get not to mention there are a lot of thing that I just have to sit back and watch. Can't go rock climbing, swimming, even biking can be dangerous.

“I guess it's good that there is something I can do though, I sort of fell into it since there's too many things that are too dangerous for me.”

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:07 am

"Well, if you want to learn more, read this book I borrowed from the library." Nola says, holding a book out to Bria. Once she takes it, Nola sits back down on her bed. "Um, do you mind if I ask you kind of a personal question?"

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:41 am

She takes the book. “I'll be sure to read it.” Reading is one of those things she can still do. She smiles a little, nods and gazes at the book thumbing through the book then glancing up. “Oh? Yeah, sure ask away.”

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next