View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Ancestral History(for Daphnee) 

Post Ancestral History(for Daphnee)
Rosalie enters the library and sets a couple of books and blank paper at a quiet table in the corner. She then went to one of the book shelves looking around before finding what she needed and sits down. As she thumbs through one book that looks particularly old, she starts writing on the blank paper. This book contained her family's history, dating all the way back to the Viking age. Though this book was not quite that old, much of the information it contained was. She was working on an extra credit assignment involving her family tree after getting ill and missing some class time. This would hopefully make up for those lost points, as she needed a certain academic score or higher to remain her team's captain.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 am

Post Re: Ancestral History(for Daphnee)
Daphnee had been staring out the window aimlessly as she tapped her pen down on the xerox copy she had made. She had recreated one of her famous maps after loosing the last and was tapping one particular spot.

She had been lost in thought for a bit as she reflected on the turn of recent events, then after some time she got up to depart passing by a mind haired girl that was familiar to her that she had once talked to after a game.

“Rosalie?” That was her name, right?

"Every time I close My eyes I see the monsters." - Dead Space: Aftermath

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:25 am

Rosalie looks up from her work and smiles recognizing the girl. "Oh Daphnee, hello. I was working on my family tree for some extra credit. What brings you here? Were you studying too?"

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:32 am

She still couldn't speak of her attacks but when she first met the captain she could have at least. That was back in the day when Karen had ditched her … who was the other girl she met that ay … Ishtar she remembered.

“Oh, no, I fount this book that has a photo of the island in in that I copy and mark all up and us as a map without hav8ng to explore it all.

“It's let me make a few maps but I lost one and wanted to check to original I think my map might have been off before. So does a o=project bring you here?”

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 am

"Yes, I'm doing an assignment with my family tree. This old book has names, birth and death dates, even a few property listings dating as far back as when my ancestors were viking raiders." Rosalie says pointing out everything. She turns the pages to let Daphnee see all the different names and dates.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:27 am

She moved closer and looked. Summanus had been connect with her family somewhere down the line, she cold feel it in that psychic vibe that she got off him but did not know how. She scrolled through some of the names and did a small piece here because she tried to work out this connection but had given up when reaching a dead end,

Her eyes widen as she taps her finger over a name, Klaus Himmler. “I traced my heritage back this far before.” Marking the page with a finger she looked at the cover briefly before flipping back. “I didn't see this book on the shelf when looking last year and since it was just idol curiosity I never came back to it.”

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:14 am

"One of your ancestors is listed here as well?" Rosalie looks more closely and discovers why. The person in question was listed as property. "I see...it seems your ancestors were once the victims of a Viking raid. Your ancestor was captured and enslaved by my family. Were you ever aware that this happened?"

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 pm

She shakes her head. “No, this book wasn't around when I was doing my research last year. It it your own copy? I could only go back so far, Klaus was the earliest reference I could find as being the guy everyone branched off from.

“He's listed as property … well there's always been strong influences in our history with vikings and barbarians … what role did your family play in this? Mind if I sit?”

Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:35 pm

"Actually, this book belongs to my family. It doesn't contain every bit of information, just names and dates along with any property listings. Sure, go ahead." Rosalie pulls the chair next to her and takes out another of her books, this one looking like a binder. "Okay, it says that your ancestor Klaus Himmler was in a coastal village that was raided by Vikings. My ancestor Gaut Hulbok was leading the raid. Seems he took your ancestor back to their homeland when he was still young, and at first just had him serving the household. But as he got older, he accompanied other raids. I guess he was sort of like a squire. Gaut must have a lot of faith in him to trust him with his armor and weapons."

Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:19 am

“Wow, that is new,” she sits down, this was something she did not learn herself in her search.

“I suspected ...” what could she honestly say about the matter? She had to remain quite about he talks with Demons even if she thought one had influenced her family.

Klaus seemed to be in the position of need where the creature may have had an influence.

“When did he become a raider himself? I've got the sense that their was something unusual in the history of the family, call it a hunch.”

Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:17 am

"Well the thing is, squires usually didn't accompany their masters in combat. More often they would care for the weapons and armor and bring them to their master. Any fighting they may have done was primarily to protect those they served, so until Klaus was released, his combat experience might've been minimal at best." Rosalie explains. "Look at this too. The date he was released was just a month before Gaut died, though it doesn't say what he died from. Perhaps he was injured or became ill and decided it was best to let Klaus go."

Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:13 pm

“Hm, I always suspected sorcery in the bloodline some how. Not a strong connection but a connection or a curse. I told you about my delusions right? I use to get them a lot as a kid but I wasn't the only one to get them so I began thinking that their could be some sort of Demonology or Witchcraft here …”

She rubbed her chin. “But I've found nothing. It was just a suspicion that went beyond the realm of medical explanations, mostly I got bored and started to look to what ifs.

“So, it could be foul play or it might be a conscious where Gaut knew he was dying and released his slaves before hand.”

Daphnee considers this. “What about records of other family members about that time? What do those say and who did Klaus marry? I can't remember, it's been some time since I've looked at my charts.”

Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:12 pm

"I'm afraid there's no further recordings of Klaus, or any other of your ancestors. These books were primarily about my family's history. If our ancestors did meet again, it wasn't recorded." Rosalie says shrugging. "No you never told me about any delusions."

Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:53 am

“Another dead end it seems ...” not too much of a surprise really she had given up on her research early on as she was just curious more so there had been a connection she shared with one of her tormentors, Summanus, that prompted her to check. She doubted that it meant anything though.

“Oh, yeah, I suppose I didn't ant to chase you or Ishtar off that day. I use to get slammed by some nasty delusions … it's all managed now though.. Whet book is that again?”

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:23 am

Rosalie shakes her head. "I don't recall...wait, do you mean how you seemed on edge? Like someone or something was out to get you?" She had only had another encounter of her own. "Well this book is simply titled "Holbeck genealogy", and was compiled over the centuries. The Viking age was as far back as it goes."

Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:34 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next