View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 So Different, So Alike (For Rebecca Walker) 

Post So Different, So Alike (For Rebecca Walker)
Evening practice; a time relished and cherished by Lacey above all else. It's here that she works out her energy and keeps her martial art honed. Her Dobok covers her slender figure, whispering whenever she moves; she loves the feel of the heavy uniform against her skin. The Dobok symbolizes everything Lacey has pride and joy in, everything she prides herself on. If ever she should decide to marry, that uniform will still be more sacred to her than even her wedding dress in its meaning.

To anyone who doesn't understand, it looks like any other martial arts uniform; just a few white pieces of heavy cotton designed to provide easy movement, a little worn around the edges, held together by her black belt with its roman numeral 'I' on the right end. To anyone who DOES understand, the amount of blood, sweat and tears she's put into earning that belt even if it IS only the beginning of the path to mastery. And to her, it represents the time when she was six years old and made the first big decision of her entire life, and one she's stuck with through thick and thin with head held high and pride in her heart.

Finishing her warmup stretches, the redhead stands at the ready for a moment, eyes closed as she holds a stance and focuses on what she wants to do in her mind, what she wants to achieve. Green eyes open, she takes a deep breath and exhales...and then begins to slide through slow, fluid movements. High and low blocking motions become closed-fist strikes at the air in various directions as she moves through her pattern. Kicks flow into steps, punctuated every so often by a loud "HEI!" Gradually as she moves, the pattern picks up in speed; slow motions moves that look almost dance-like showing their teeth as she puts more speed and power into them. She doesn't rush the pattern; the increase in speed is merely a crescendo, an increase in tempo and a personal touch.

Lacey bobs left, throwing a piercing kick to that side before spinning back to the right and delivering a sweeping high kick in that direction, a dual elbow-thrust striking behind her as soon as the kick is complete, punctuated by another yell. Fluid and graceful, she dances through her pattern for a moment more before coming to rest in the exact same spot from which she'd started, as naturally as if it had been planned. In truth, it had been; it had taken her years to figure out how to measure her steps and motions to end at her starting point, a feat which had earned her points in pattern competitions many times. She holds her stance for a moment after ending, then relaxes, breathing evenly.

She sits and contemplates her rhythm; it's not bad, but she hadn't slowed towards the end as she should have. It's something to work on...that and keeping up her use of sine wave as she moves..."Well...no time like the present!" She bounces back up on her feet and assumes her stance once more, preparing to go through the pattern again; she'll do this for at least two hours before moving on to hitting the heavy bag. Focusing, Lacey begins to sweep through her pattern once more, trying to correct her rhythm and speed as she goes...

"How would you like it? Gentle...? Or a bit more rough, perhaps?" - Nu 13

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:44 pm

Post Re: So Different, So Alike (For Rebecca Walker)
Becca had been noted in her forays out into the wilderness where she had worked on secret techniques that the other girls would be kept in the dark about for as long as possible. Some of these had been her own modifications on existing techniques, some were advanced techniques and others that she herself had invented.

She had been somewhat obsessed with besting Siferus before she graduated though and so had not turned her mind to simpler things such as what existed beyond all this. It had not really mattered to her, only avenging that humiliating defeat. She supposed it should not have been much of surprise. He was stronger, quicker and not even human to say the least.

How many of these things were there? She had been fortunate in running across four of them, Siferus the spider, Aegir the octopus, Ania the smurf (well she was blue) and that one that had just stood there for some reason, the black one … was he a Demon? A Devil? Did it matter?

With recent events with the Smurf, Aegir and the black one she decided to get a little practice in with her hand to hand. Siferus was strong and likely to disarm her but how far had her skills degraded? Would they be of any use?

'HEI' Her attention drifted to the redhead and she watched . The girl was near half a foot shorter than her but definitely had it all together. She watched and waited.

“Tae Kwon-Do?”
She had waited for a lull in the routine before speaking up. It was rare for her to do so but she was looking to compliment some of her grappling sills. At least grabbing a partner with some experience that at least knew what they were doing and it was obvious that she knew what she was doing.

Rebecca Walker, Captain of the Kendo Club
Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:06 am

Lacey looks to the side as she finishes her pattern, hearing a question and finding another student standing a ways apart from her. Soft brown hair and soft brown eyes meet the redhead's green gaze. The other girl's a bit taller than Lacey (most of them are, though), and seems fairly interested in what she's doing. Lacey smiles warmly. More importantly than any of that by far..."You know Tae Kwon-Do?" She asks, releasing her ready stance and relaxing, bringing a true end to the pattern.

She hasn't run into many people who know much about the martial arts...though she hasn't been looking for the ones who do either...but it's a pleasant surprise to find another martial artist, and one who knows about the one Lacey practices as well. It's a little exciting actually. Maybe she'll finally have a sparring partner! "It is. It's a South Korean style that I learned in my hometown from a man named Victor." One of the reasons it's so surprising that the other girl recognizes the art; Tae Kwon-Do is an amalgamation art, combined from several other styles of fighting. Add to the fact that each artist can adapt it to whatever they feel most comfortable with, and it's hard to tell exactly what's what with Tae Kwon-Do; the original style itself is easy to change and adapt and add to. It's an excellent base art for building a unique style all your own. This naturally only increases difficulty in pinpointing the art itself. Needless to say, Lacey's impressed with the other girl's insight.

"You don't...you don't happen to practice it, do you?"
She asks hopefully of the brunette standing across the way, turning and walking closer to her so they can conduct the conversation a little better than from halfway across the room. She turns again at the edge of the mat and bows towards the place she'd been before she steps off, the gesture done with respectful reverence and as second nature after years of practicing proper etiquette; even if there's no one else there, Lacey never forgets to bow as she leaves the floor. She turns back to the other student, smiling broadly...then freezes in place. "OH! I forgot to...um..." she turns a little red. "Sorry. My name's Lacey. Lacey Renault. I forgot to introduce myself before bombarding you with questions...kind of rude." At least she hadn't asked for a sparring session right off the bat...that would have been awkward. Though God knows she'd wanted to...it's been so long since she had someone to practice with!

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:55 pm

She shook her head. “No, but I do know just enough Judo to recognize a few things.” She answered. “I guess just enough to be somewhat competent but I haven't practiced it in months, I've been more focused on other pursuits, mainly Kendo.”

It might have been a talent for some but Rebecca was quite adapt at recognizing styles. Mostly it was with Kendo as it pertained to the nature of her opposition but she dedicated herself o well that she was quite adapt. There was a little guess work here too seeing that she recognized enough elements in her art to realize that it was an art that incorporated Judo into the mix. There were other elements she recognized from other art forms so she had made an assumption that turned out to be correct in this case …

“I am somewhat proficient in Judo. Though don't feel bad, I'm mostly American after all,”
she grins as she steps a bit closer. Her movements seem relaxed but her vision, the way her eyes darted to the shadows as if expecting there to be something there … she was cautious but probably not to the point of being frantic or skittish.

“I didn't start off with an introduction myself. Bad manners that I blame on the corrupting U.S influences … my name is Rebecca Walker. It's a pleasure to meet you.

“Just curious but how many years have you been practicing? Your transitions are fluid, practically flawless.”

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:38 pm

"Judo, huh?" She nods; it makes sense considering Judo is one of the ancestor arts that makes up hers, lending joint-locks and arm-bars to the discipline, as well as a few maneuvers for escaping holds and throws and for taking falls. "That'd make it a bit easier to identify." Judo, not Tae Kwon-Do...but she's thrilled nonetheless. Another martial artist, whatever their art, means maybe they can still practice together! "A Kendōka!" Lacey exclaims. "I love watching Kendo matches! I gave myself over to Tae Kwon-Do, but had Kendo found me first...well, I'd be a different person, I imagine." She shrugs one shoulder.

Lacey laughs. "Somewhat, hm? I'll take your word for it." Likely, the other girl knew more than just 'some' Judo, but she lets lay the comment. She quirks her head quizzically. "Why would I feel bad about that? It's a trait we share! Though I have a smattering of Français to me as well.." She shrugs, "Well...half, on my mother's side..." She laughs. "My mom still has the accent, especially when she gets angry. Me though...I was born in Ithaca, New York. Mine never developed."

She snickers. "Wild and ill-mannered we are. How shameful of us." She shakes her head and 'tsk tsks' with mock-severity. "Rebecca Walker. The pleasure's all mine, Rebecca." Lacey favors the brunette with another smile. Normally, the little redhead would be stumbling over herself trying to figure out what to say; being caught while exercising, however, and having something to talk about that she can relate to makes this conversation infinitely easier to carry on than some she's attempted before. She offers up a silent prayer of thanks for that much.

"Mmmmm...thirteen years and a little change on the side, now. I've been at it since I was six..." She nods, grateful for the compliment. "I appreciate it, but the 'practically' is where my problem lies...if I don't focus just so, I lose my rhythm during patterns. During matches in competition, it doesn't affect me so much; I tend to abandon sine wave in favor of striking just once to end things...but lately..." She shakes her head. "Let's just say I've...had an urge to work on it. Just in case a fight takes a little longer than one shot..." The little redhead shudders a bit as a few thoughts stir conflict in her mind...but she soon pushes them away.

"If you'd like...I mean, if you have nothing more pressing to do...would you care to practice with me? I could use a brush-up on my grappling skills anyway, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on things I should work on. I'd be happy to offer my views as well...if you want them, of course." She notes the girl's glances around the room, and takes a look around herself, curious as to what she sees...though finding nothing unusual about. Just the act brings some of those thoughts back to her mind...though again, she pushes them away desperately. Not here, not now...she'll deal with her own worries later.

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Rebecca nods with a smile. “Unfortunately I don't find too much competition these days,” well at least among the student body she notes to herself. “State champion more than a few times so you can see my Judo is really rusty. Sill from time to time I do get a decent work out in.”

Again that work out occurred usually when she faced off against Siferus. There was Ania too but that was so mismatched and by then she was rather fixated on taking down Siferus. She'd be next after she bested Siferus but that was going to be virtually impossible. The black skinned one did nothing so he wasn't on her list and for being an ass Aegir should be third but besting him was less likely then besting Ania.

“I had an accent but have a knack of assuming accents it seems though it does come out when I get flustered or try to rush through things.”
Mixed heritage, too, well Americans could seem crass and rude at times.

She does the math in her head, easy to add six to thirteen. So she was a year older. From her best guess she would say that Lacey was as dedicated to her art as she was to Kendo. “Wow, thirteen? Well, that shouldn't be much of a surprise given how long I've been at Kendo. My father owned a Dojo back in Japan so I've been practicing pretty much when I got old enough to hold my first bokken.

“I see,”
as a Literature Major she learned to read between the lines. It might be nothing, then again it could be nothing. “It's good to diversify just encase things take an unexpected turn for the worse.”

There were enough students in the gym right now that an attack would be unlikely but she surveys the problem areas where something could be lurking. “Actually I was looking to brush up on my mat skills. Kendo is good and all but I was looking for something a bit more challenging today. Just let me suit up and get some stretches in, then we can get some practice in if you'd like.”

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:01 am

Lacey nods in understanding. "There's...not a great many martial artists here, it seems. I don't go looking for them, either...but you're the first one I've met that I know of." She shrugs. "I guess...nobody wants to practice together here. It's kind of sad." She grins. "State champion, huh? That's pretty impressive! I'm sure we can dust off any rust you might have quickly enough. You don't look the type to forget the things you've learned easily..." Lacey's taken her share of state tournaments as well, within her own division...but there's no need to mention that. Not right now...after all, they're just practicing.

She laughs. "I don't even get an accent when I'm angry...well, maybe a little. I picked up a lot of swear words from my mom in French, and I tend to use them a lot...more than I should, really. I guess that counts as getting an accent..." her head tilts to one side. "But if you don't count that, then nope! No accent for me."

"The world should beware of child prodigies!" She says half-jokingly...though there is a thought of sweet revenge dancing around in her mind. There's a certain three-eyed creature who's going to see what she can do when she gets serious, inhibitors or no...and with Rebecca's help, she'll only get stronger still...Lacey pushes those thoughts back where they belong. It's true this will make her stronger, but Rebecca is not a tool to that end; she's another person, who may or may not wish to practice with the redhead. And besides that, Lacey's good at what she does...but she's not a prodigy. Not that she's been made aware of, at any rate.

"Raised around it and decided to train in it yourself, huh?" Their circumstances for taking on martial arts are different...but the time frames are similar. "In my case...when I was six, I almost got mugged by some crazy guy...he was about to carry me off somewhere, God knows why...but Victor, my instructor showed up. I think he'd been doing some shopping...anyway, he put the bad man down, and I wanted to learn how he did it. A couple weeks later, I enrolled in his class...and I've been learning ever since."

Nodding quietly, she smiles a little distantly in agreement with Rebecca's statement. "Variety is the spice of life, after all." She murmurs with a wry twist. The way her life's gone lately, she could do with some bland and flavorless living for a while...her eyes snap to the brunette's own. "A bit of practice? I'd LOVE some. It's been...it feels like ages since I had someone to actually practice with." She smiles, a little thrill of excitement rushing through her. "Take your time. I'll be here, ready whenever you are!"

What an unexpectedly wonderful evening this is turning out to be! Another martial artist, and with at least as much dedication to her art as Lacey has for Tae Kwon-Do! Started from an early age...Lacey feels more akin to this girl than anyone else she's met thus far in her stay at Shokushu. This evening's practice promises to be very informative and exciting!

Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:24 am

“Few competitors about it seems. I'm not too great at Judo though, it's Kendo that earned me those championships.” From what she had seen, however, she expected the other girl to mop the floor with her hand to hand unless she managed to get in close and get a joint lock but her transitions were still clunky. She knew what she was doing though and just had to practice the basic more to commit the moves to muscle memory.

“I recall the basics though and should fall back into matters quickly enough.”

She smiles at that. “Nope, no accent then.” She was tame herself when it came to curse words save for when she was pumped full of aphrodisiac and there were times with Makeno and Juniper too in the expected ways of course.

Lacey may have had a score to settle just as sh had one with Siferus and to that end she did not feel as if she were a tool. They were both gaining here from the other, honing skills to compliment what they used, given them a further edge though and he knew full well that each edge was a gold mine waiting to be exploited. Whether or not the redhead was intending on this being a regular or irregular thing was something Becca left to fate. She tended to follow leads well enough without being too pushy, indeed there was some Japanese in her after all …

“Six years?”
That was young to be mugged though it sounded like this Victor guy broke up a kidnapping attempt in progress. No wonder she had a passion about this, probably even formed a crush too … no, at six maybe a fatherly bond that may have changed in later years. Too bad, the girl was pretty cute but was probably straight. That didn't mean she wouldn't enjoy “grappling” with her after all.

“Sounds rather fortunate that he showed up when he had. There's too many loons in the world these days.”

In agreement, she smiles a little. “OK, I'll be back.” She hurries off to the locker room, still cautious but there are other girls around so it's probably safe. She brought an old uniform that she changes into before heading back out to the gym and does a few stretches before returning. There is a degree of excitement in the air, it had been ages since she donned the uniform and while she was a bit more developed in the chest area constant dedication to practice and training ensured that she still had the figure to fit into it even if a size up was probably in order soon. She had tried it on earlier after all and everything fit well enough, after all she was intending to wear it today though finding a partner was off her list now, this was great. Even if she expected to loose one tended to learn more in failure than success.

"Alright ready."

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:15 pm

Rebecca goes off and Lacey wanders over to the mats, bowing as she steps onto them. She stretches a little, more burning off restless and excited energy than actually warming up muscles; she's still primed from her earlier stretches and practicing. Still it's a good way to make sure she stays ready; it'd be embarrassing to offer to spar with someone only to pull a muscle partway through. She goes through a few simple light combinations of kicks and punches, running what she knows about joint-locks and escapes through her mind. Someone who practices Judo, it'd be important to know these things and...

And this isn't a tournament match. She backs away from that mindset immediately. They're both supposed to be learning, not just Lacey...perhaps the best idea here is to embrace grappling for a while until Becca has time enough to feel comfortable with what she's doing again. Lacey winces at that thought; it's not that she can't grapple, it's just that she doesn't, if she can help it. She's a bit smaller than the average girl her age, and honestly...while grappling is all about physics and leverage, size DOES tell in a match like that. While she could, in theory, pull a win against a larger opponent in a grappling match, it's not likely if they know even as much about it as she does...or more. There aren't a lot of people she can close grips with who are her own size, so she tends to avoid closing at all...but in this case...

A soft sigh escapes her lips as she makes the decision to brush off her own grappling skill. There's no excuse for becoming lax in any portion of your martial art, not if you truly love it. Her own style tends to reflect heavily on its Taekkyeon roots, relying on kicks, elbow strikes, and pressure points to dissuade attackers and put opponents down on the mat. Rarely does she do anything with the Judo element of her art, generally hating to get that close to someone. But for Rebecca's sake, as much as for her own, it's a good idea to start now. She does her mental review over the little bit about in-fighting and grappling that she knows a bit more carefully.

"Alright, ready"

Lacey turns with a smile to face her new sparring partner...and blinks in surprise. The Judogi Rebecca wears is fairly standard, of course. It looks similar to her own Dobok, as a matter of fact; clothing optimized for easy and unrestrained movement, while still tough enough to take falls on rough surfaces without offering too much injury to the wearer, if such a thing should ever happen. What ISN'T standard is the way she fills it out. The brunette is fairly curvy, Lacey already knows that; but it offers a new perspective when Rebecca's in her uniform. Suddenly Lacey's not certain grappling's a good idea; she might end up doing more than just trying to throw the girl if she gets her hands on the front of that uniform...she blinks her eyes and shakes her head a little, ignoring the thrill that rushes through her and warms her body a little. For all she knows, Becca isn't even into girls..."Well, I've never met anyone who actually managed to make one of these look sexy before. Good on you!" She teases gently with a wink.

The redhead's own uniform isn't nearly as filled out, though she doesn't mind; she never caught on to the idea of being jealous of another woman's curves...well, beyond a few flashes here and there, every once in a while. Her mother is curvier than she is, while Lacey herself is slender, having never developed that full sort of figure. Lacey's well aware that she looks good naked or clothed regardless of her bust size, and carries herself with confidence in the fact, though never arrogance. It doesn't stop her from appreciating the brunette's bounty, though; she's willing to bet that Becca looks good naked, too. "So, if you'd like we can do a little warmup first, see what you remember before we get started...or we can go straight into sparring and pick it up along the way. I'll stick with what little I know about grappling until you're comfortable again, and then I'll quietly tiptoe back into my own style from there...if that's alright with you."

Lacey grins a little sheepishly. "I'm not really all that great at grappling...so this'll be a brush up for me, too. I really should keep more in touch with my in-fighting and hold techniques anyway..." True enough; kicking is all well and good, but when some unwholesomely strong and fast creature named Ania is rushing around at blinding speeds, one is unlikely to find herself connecting with a kick. All the same, the redhead doubts she'll ever be comfortable with the idea and the feel of it...

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:37 pm

“I haven't worn it for a bit so it's a little tight. I wasn't expecting to wear it so soon, in fact I didn't think I'd be putting it on so soon,” she blushes a little as she admits to that. Of course she probably wouldn't have fallen back to it if it were not for Siferus and she was trying to get whatever sort of advantage possible.

That stung her pride a bit. She had lost a match to him. Sure it was suppose to be just for fun but his idea of fun and her own differed. She easily caught that wink though she had to wonder if there was anything else behind it or not. For now she would note it as possible evidence should she see anything else that may have given her a clue though she imagined that she might learn soon enough once they got into the swing of things.

Though she had the size advantage here she doubted that was going to matter once she had transitioned back to her art form. “That sounds like a plan. We'll see about getting me back in the swing of things first.” She stepped up to the mat and bowed indicating that she was ready. Blue eyes met green and I seemed that she would have the advantage in the beginning at least.

Her reach was greater but Lacey probably compensated by sparing with larger opponents. She begun with a slow circle playing out the contest in he head as she had been taught. The ting was while she had groan quite good at it with Kendo she was pitiful with it as it applied to her martial art. She could think out a move or two ahead but no further than that.

At first she kept her distance throwing light strikes namely to see how she moved and reacted to them. She was doing more then charge straight in, if Lacey rushed her so be it but she took her time with her feints as she studied her opponent before she was going to commit it seemed.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:29 am

Lacey feels her heart thud a bit at the sight of a pink blush spreading across Becca's cheeks. GOD she's cute! The redhead gives herself a mental shake, forcing her focus onto other matters. Lacey steps back to her edge of the mat, and bows to Becca as she steps on and takes her place. "Then that's what we'll do. No rush, just take your time and remember how it goes." She smiles warmly, feeling good. It's been some time since she had someone to spar against...well, someone human.

As they begin, Lacey takes a different stance than her usual one; legs a little wider out than usual, her hands open rather than closed, weight distributed full on her feet rather than just on the balls of her feet. She gives a little inward shudder at this stance; she knows she can move quickly out of it if she needs to but it doesn't feel as agile as the one's she's used to taking. No time for thoughts just now. Lacey moves to the center of the mat with Becca, watching the other girl's movements. As soon as the brunette starts to circle, Lacey pushes in a bit closer...and then remains stationary, pivoting on her rear leg to keep up with the brunette's circling.

Ever the counter-fighter, despite her recent resolve to get better at rushing in and pressuring her opponents, Lacey pivots in place while Rebecca circles around, keeping herself balanced and centered and keeping an eye on the Becca's upper body to get an idea for what she'll do next. The redhead spends the absolute minimum of energy in motion, bobbing and ducking some of the light strikes flicked her way, brushing others aside with her open hands. She doesn't make a grab just yet; from this position, with Rebecca not ready to commit to an attack and still had her own balance centered, it would be like begging her to put Lacey in a joint-lock. So for now she merely dances in place, dodging the light strikes, and letting her new friend find her rhythm.

The redhead studies the brunette as well while they dance together, noting changes; her first feint had been a wildly telegraphed thing, a bit too much so making it easy to avoid. As she goes, however, her feints get cleaner, tighter; it's hard to tell if she's still trying to fake the redhead out or if she's genuinely getting ready to strike without hip and shoulder motions. Lacey finds herself smiling. Becca seems to be remembering her art very well indeed. She watches those strikes gain in focus and speed, flickering out at her faster and with more certainty as time goes on, though clearly still just testing Lacey, seeing how she'll react.

Finally, Lacey DOES move...though not forward as one might expect. She takes a quick, sliding step back out of Becca's range between one feint and the next, standing at just the right place to interrupt the other girl's circling and forcing her to find a safe way to close in.

Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:34 am

She presses in closer to her, then halts. Rebecca keeps circling, testing he waters so to speak for she was hardly one to take that dive into uncharted depths least there be dangerous rocks hidden from casual view.

Becca realized that Lacey was more experienced than she so she took a little bit of time feeling her out. Her accuracy gets better though her aim isn't to land any of her strikes they become crisper. But the feeling out process comes to a close with that side step as she would have to reset in order to circle again and Lacey could do the same thing again.

So she instead inches forward. She takes her time with it though circling though that has become less effective she still tries to divert her intentions. She steps forward another half inch and circles slowly working her way in though it is doubtful that Lacey wouldn't catch on after the second time if she hadn't already.

It forces her to lunge in hoping that her reach would assist her before Lacey's reactions could kick it. Going for a simple grab of the shoulders were she could transition into numerous holds of course she was fluid with them yet but effective with what she knew even if they were not committed to muscle memory yet.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Having forced Becca's circles to a grudging halt with her maneuver, Lacey knows what comes next; she's effectively forced the brunette to close with her. A little rush fills her body as it always does at this point; she loves sparring with a passion, and lives for the moment where contact is first made, introductions sent. She has a pretty good idea of 'Becca's next move, but waits to see it made first.

Sure enough, the other martial artist makes her way in slowly, carefully. It seems to be the style she prefers; test the waters as long as she can, gauge speed and reaction times, and make decisions off of what she learns. It's too early to tell if this is Becca's normal yet, but for now that's what she shows. Still, the brunette seems a little more keyed up than she's shown thus far; she tries circling again as she moves in to throw off Lacey's rhythm, but the redhead keeps her eyes on the other student, timing her own movement with the one she thinks is coming...

A lunge, quick and from close enough range that it would have captured Lacey's shoulders...save that the redhead is already stepping within Becca's reach, closing distance and making her shorter range an advantage. Her right hand presses against Becca's left shoulder; her left hand grabs onto Becca's right arm just behind the elbow; She sets herself, checking Becca's forward momentum with her own, canceling out the taller girl's motion by using a more solid stance than the lunge can afford to match; and pushing forward slightly and lifting her left arm and the brunette's right to break Becca's balance, Lacey steps with her right leg to just behind Becca's own legs, sweeping them from beneath her, pushing with her right hand to force her to the ground in one of the first throws she ever learned. The redhead makes sure to hold on to the sleeves of Becca's Judogi however, cutting the power of the throw and making sure she doesn't hit her head; mat or no, she doesn't want to see her new sparring partner injured.

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 pm

She doesn't anticipate that though her hand to hand skills were rather poor in comparison. Negating that weakness by stepping into that attack the shorter reach is negated as she is gabbed and the leg behind her own ensuring that she is knock off balance as she stumbles back. Slowed by that hold.

Her right hand grips her left attempting to bring her down too. Even on her back she stays active though. Part of he difficulty was keeping in contact with the girl and using her greater size. Opening up her legs she folds hem around Lacey's back to keep her close even though she was at a disadvantage working from the bottom.

There were a few submissions she knew from the bottom though and it was he size that she was lending faith to her. First she had to brake her hands free of that hold she had on her. She tested out her strength against her opponent though her transitions were still a bit clunky, they always were.

“Nice,” she commented at the easy take down as she tried to get her hands free to have something to work with.

Character Listing

Rebecca's Experiences

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:11 pm

She grins as Becca takes the redhead down with her; she'd expected as much, holding to her like that instead of just letting her fall. Still, this is what the brunette had wanted to practice, close-quarters grappling. Lacey controls her fall as best she can, making sure not to land heavily on top of Becca...and is a little surprised when she finds legs wrapped around her middle, holding her tight. Her own hands still hold tightly to Becca's Judogi, keeping her back and shoulders pinned against the mat and robbing her attempts to free her arms of any real leverage.

She knows she's in for a hold if the other girl gets free; there's not a lot she can do to fight it, if that happens. The only way to stop it from happening is to refuse to give her an inch...but then she learns nothing. "Nice yourself." She murmurs back to Becca. "Good job bringing me with you and keeping me in close." She struggles strength against strength with the brunette for a moment, before shaking her head. "I have the leverage, being in top position. Even though I'm smaller, I'm not that weak. Try twisting at the hips to free a shoulder up, then turning your arm towards the inside of my elbow, pulling free and taking mine in return. It'll be faster and save you more energy than fighting strength for strength from the bottom position."

She slips into instructor mode without even realizing it; the redhead's not much of an in-fighter, but she knows her way around it. "From there you can easily pull off a choke-hold if need be, or get yourself free and start again, however you feel most comfortable." She blushes as she realizes she's giving someone tips they haven't asked for. "Sorry...I talk too much..." She'd offered the advice out of a desire to help the other girl grow stronger...but what if she takes it as an insult?

Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next